Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KenneyBakester
May 11, 2015
Yo I'm Sure like most people during there Pokemon fase was like what if they brought this poo poo too the System like Wii U Or Nx would Nintendo simple never do because they already making so much off handheld and don't wanna ruin it by make a superior version or it simple never gonna happen because Nintendo is Nintendo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Bat
Apr 17, 2009

hold it now hold it now hold it right there
you wouldn't drop, couldn't drop diddy, you wouldn't dare
X and Y were MMOs, from a certain point of view.

Kraven Moorhed
Jan 5, 2006

So wrong, yet so right.

Soiled Meat
Yeah man,

Space Bat
Apr 17, 2009

A Pokemon MMO, a true MMO, would be bad, however. This is my opinion.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

KenneyBakester posted:

Yo I'm Sure like most people during there Pokemon fase was like what if they brought this poo poo too the System like Wii U Or Nx would Nintendo simple never do because they already making so much off handheld and don't wanna ruin it by make a superior version or it simple never gonna happen because Nintendo is Nintendo

A human being paid $10 to post this.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Nintendo would only do it once they figured out how to start and manage a subscription system, so maybe for the NX :)

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Pokemon MMO is a stupid idea.

Space Bat
Apr 17, 2009

DrPaper posted:

Nintendo would only do it once they figured out how to start and manage a subscription system, so maybe for the NX :)

There was a Dragon Quest MMO for the Wii, which makes me think they could handle it, possibly. However, it's also Nintendo and they hate online so a first party MMO is as possible as another Metroid game.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Don't play MMOs.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
Thtat's ridiculous because actually they would get their final thing to them with the Pokemon stuff, then they would sell it to them without even needing to look like that. The entire reason they don't know when they were going to get someting similar was becuase this is when Nintendo began to do what they really do. When finally Nintendo became into Nintendo. Pokemony Maybe you can say the Wii U can't turn into this or what you thin about the Nx is not really usupposed to be like that. That's not really what you trying to tell me

Space Bat
Apr 17, 2009

Nintendo should follow Blizzard's example. Then they can rehash the same game for a decade :troll:

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip
yes

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

I agree as well.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
imagine pokemon on classic gaming consoles such as the NES and the Colecovision that would be insanely sick

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

I dont loving believe this poo poo.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

this is a loving betrayal

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Nintendo is so behind the times they literally missed the 10 years or so when MMOs were actually a thing

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

*in the most hosed up voice possible* dude... imagine pokemon... if it sucked..

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
id check out a pokemans game on not handhelds

Space Bat
Apr 17, 2009

Endorph posted:

*in the most hosed up voice possible* dude... imagine pokemon... if it sucked..

I don't need to imagine

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

We haven't gotten our yearly 2 pokemon games yet, not even announced. Wonder when they will?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Heh, bitches young enough to have a "pokemon phase".

Infinite Monkeys
Jul 18, 2010

If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention.
Ever wondered if people speak like they post? Here's your answer!

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
They'd have to build the thing from the ground up. Making a traditional MMO with Pokemon would be a terrible idea and I don't think a Minecraft clone would work right either.

Infinite Monkeys
Jul 18, 2010

If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention.
A normal 2d pokemon game but with every region accessible and other players wandering around to beat up would actually be awesome. Think of the griefing opportunities in waiting outside the starting area with a bunch of high level poo poo waiting for new players to look you in the eye and sign their own death warrant.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Space Bat posted:

I don't need to imagine
gently caress you!!!

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

will there be ERP in the pokemon MMO?

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

The reason there will never be a Pokemon mmo is that to Nintendo/gamefreak the Pokemon mmo is the games in the real world. As in, traveling around trading and battling people in real life.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

inferis posted:

The reason there will never be a Pokemon mmo is that to Nintendo/gamefreak the Pokemon mmo is the games in the real world. As in, traveling around trading and battling people in real life.

This has made me realize they shouldn't make a Pokemon MMO. This is beautiful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Bat
Apr 17, 2009

Endorph posted:

gently caress you!!!

:troll: Problem?

• Locked thread