Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cyphoderus
Apr 21, 2010

I'll have you know, foxes have the finest call in nature

Gooooooood evening ladies and gentlemen we are LIVE from the mighty Globaldome with the latest episode! Of! Transintercontinental Wooooooorld Wrestling!

Before we get into the events of the evening, into the action proper that I know you've all been waiting for, let's do a quick recap of what went on last week, here in the undisclosed top-secret location of the Globaldome.

The audience cheers.

LAST TIME, ON TRANSINTERCONTINENTAL WORLD WRESTLING...

---

Okay. Okay. Let's get this show on the road. We've got a video montage of exciting events from last week's episode. Give us a vignette about a cool spot or a cool interaction that your wrestler was involved with. You can use the NPW roster for inspiration, or come up with your own NWP, or interact with other PCs. This is a quick vignette, not real gameplay with Moves or anything.

---

Please include your full character sheet in your first post! This will greatly facilitate bookkeeping.

Remember to set your starting Audience and Momentum!

---

Here are some things to keep in mind, in general, for the game:

Keep things simple and make obvious choices. Right now we're just starting off, so the objective is showing the audience in a clear light what you're all about.

There's always a mic available. Want to say something? Someone, somewhere, has a mic that you can grab.

The game will be divided in episodes. Just remember that Momentum not spent at the end of an episode is lost. Generally it will be pretty clear how long an episode will go for.

The audience in the Globaldome is international. Which means you can use the Cheap Heat Move by targeting any particular country, region, or city.

Cyphoderus fucked around with this message at 00:15 on May 12, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thejoshie
May 3, 2013
Margrethe Wolfram<==Sheet
Look +1 | Power -1 | Real -1 | Work +1
Audience +2 | Momentum: +1 (Gains +1 Momentum at the start of a match)

The highlight fades in to the end of a match between Margrethe and a no-name Jobber. She clamps on the Blitzkrieg and refuses to let go, ignoring the bell and the referee as her victim is waving his arms in pain causing a horde of security to storm the ring to break the hold off him. She releases him when he is unconscious, before standing over his defenseless body. From her kneepad, she takes out a cloth that has the design of his national flag for the country he represents, wipes her sweat on it, then stuffs it in his mouth, slapping him in the face after doing so.

During a post match interview...

====

TWW Interviewer: "Magrethe Wolfram! What happened after that match was dispicable! You won the match! There was no need or reason for you to humiliate that man any fur-"

Margrethe stares at the interviewer, silencing him, before snatching the microphone from him and looking at the camera.

Margrethe: " ...Sifu... you've been ducking me for too long. The time is now to take what is mines. And no one... not Memnon... not Dragon.... or even that spotlight stealing [bleep!] Mikaela..."

The live crowd boos both at the expletive and at the fact that she directed it at Makeala..

Margrethe: "...will stand in my way. I am the Natural Born Champ... I am the pinnacle of German Efficiency... I am the Breaker of Spirits..."

She hesitates as the crowd ramps up the boos. She looks off to the side to soak it in the hatred.

Margrethe: "....go on, hate me. Hate me now!"

More boos.

Margrethe: "...yes... you can hate me all you want, but it won't change the fact that I am, what I am. Margrethe Wolfram. Your next Planetary Greatbelt Champion. Period. "

And she storms off as the scene fades to the next highlight...

thejoshie fucked around with this message at 01:22 on May 12, 2015

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

El Dragón Fuego

quote:

El Dragón Fuego ("Fuego" for short)

Hailing From: Mexico City, Mexico

Entrance: Fuego appears on top of the Jumbotron, and breathes a gout of fire into the air. He then flips down to the ramp as his entrance music plays, cheering along with and encouraging the crowd as he walks to the ring.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZ8D28gvkjc

Fighting Style: Luchadore. Lot of leaps off the ropes, turnbuckles, or his opponent.

Bio: Antonio grew up poor in Mexico City, but idolized the famous luchador El Santo, and watched all of his movies and recorded matches. His lifelong goal is to become as famous and inspirational as El Santo, and the best way to do that is to get the Planetary Greatbelt and/or the Transintercontinental Venerabelt, proving to the world that you can become the best athlete in the world through hard work and strong morals!

El Dragón Fuego stands for fair play, respect for your opponents, and strength of character!

FINISHER: The Dragon Bomber - Fuego does a launching backflip, kicking his opponent under the chin and flipping himself onto the top rope or turnbuckle. A quick play to the crowd, and Fuego flips back forward into a frog splash pin.

Stats: Look +1, Power -2, Real -1, Work +2
Role: Face.
Base Audience: +2

MOVES
FINISHING MOVE: When you’re booked to win a match, roll 2d6: On a 10+, you hit your Finisher clean. You gain +1 Audience. On a 7-9, they make you work for it. Choose: they counter and you have to resort to a roll-up, gain +1 Heat with them; or you execute another high spot, and gain +2 Momentum. On a botch, you still get the win, but pick one: it looks terrible and you lose -1 Audience; injure your opponent; injure yourself.

HUMAN HIGHLIGHT REEL: Whenever you attempt a highflying maneuver, and you roll a 10+ before spending Momentum, gain +1 Audience.

“LOOK AT THAT AMAZING ATHLETICISM!”: +1 Work (Max +3)
Audience: +2 / Momentum: 2

=====

Last week's match between Markus "The Dansk Dino" Magnusson and Rooster Gold, and Gold is getting decimated. Gold's totally out of his league, and Markus has spent the entire match toying with him before the pin. But after the three-count, Markus is still going to use the T-Rex Suplex on the dazed Gold! But before Markus can grab Gold, Fuego comes running down the ramp, leaps onto the top rope, and launches into Markus catching the big man in a flying hurricanrana! Before Markus can recover, Fuego has gotten Gold out of the ring and his helping him backstage.

Fuego VO: "Magnusson, I will no longer stand by and watch you hurt my friends because you think you are a big man, you think the boos of the people watching do not matter, you think you are better than them! But you are nothing! You do not fight with honor or dignity, you disgrace the ring with your actions, and no longer will you go unpunished! I will teach you how your brute force is no match for the skill of El Dragón Fuego!

Evil Mastermind fucked around with this message at 17:16 on May 27, 2015

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!
Mikaela Winters
Look -2 | Power +1 | Real -1 | Work +2
Audience +1 | Momentum: +1

The highlight reels cuts to a match between Mikaela and a local talent that's being sold up as a big deal. The match starts with a clean handshake, and shows off both of the wrestling abilities of the two competitors in a nice, clean match. The first major highlight was a back-and-forth series of vertical suplex attempts that ended with Mikaela kneeing her opponent in the head then hitting a quick snap suplex. The finish sequence was a swinging DDT attempt by the other man blocked straight into the Cold Snap, dropping him on his head then pinning for the three count. After the match, there was another set of handshakes and general face celebrations and hand-raising before Mikaela got a mic.

"I'm here in TCWW for one reason and one reason alone." She pauses, looking over the crowd for a moment. "I want to wrestle against the best in this business. The best in the world. I don't want easy wins or free opportunities. I'm here to fight for every title shot I can earn, and unlike my old tag team partner.."

A chorus of boos erupts.

"I'll do it the right way. No shortcuts. No cheating. Nothing after the bell. Just showing that I am one of the best in the world between these ropes."

The crowd lets out some cheers, but not quite to the level of the boos before. Mikaela's music hits and the crowd keeps going as she walks back, giving high fives to the fans at ringside.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

Memnon
Look: 0, Power: -2, Real: 1, Work: 0
Audience: +1, Momentum: +1

The highlight reel switches to backstage, where Curupira is returning to the locker room, victorious over some no-name local talent that the wealthy Brazilian utterly humiliated. Suddenly, from out of nowhere, Memnon appears, bringing his head down hard into the face of the heel. As Curupira reels from the blow, collapsing on the ground, Memnon looks up to the camera and points threateningly, "This rich boy is nothing but a rabid dog, Hipolita!"

Memnon turns his fiery gaze back to Curupira, who is standing and trying to get away. Memnon grabs him and slaps him hard across the face before departing, turning one last time to announce, "If you will not allow me to face him in the ring, I will find my own way to extract justice for the people from the hide of this wealthy leech! I will give you one more chance - allow me to face Curupira in the arena, or I will make sure he never wrestles again!" With that, as Rita Rai arrives to break up the unsanctioned assault, Memnon adopts a defiant stance, staring her hard in the eyes as he backs away, never taking his eyes off the massive woman. As he leaves the camera's field of view, he smiles and throws his arms to the side, daring her to come after him.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

quote:

Name: Le Grande Mort
Hailing from: Marseille, France
Entrance: Dark & Emotional, plus pyrotechnics. Because wrestling.
Fighting style: High-flying, very dramatic to watch. Lots of displays of gymnastics and that kind of thing, backed up by solid technical work.

Bio: The son of a circus ringmaster, Mortimer was groomed from a young age in the art of the trapeze, the tightrope -- all of the most dangerous stunts a performer could do. But the others in the big top got jealous of his spotlight, and one day, while performing, there was an... "accident". The tightrope snapped, and so did Mortimer's neck. But that didn't stop him from getting his revenge -- first on his killers, and now on the world!!!

Real bio: Antoine really is the son of a circus ringmaster (though more Cirque du Solelil-style than anything), and he brings his theatrical background to the ring. He never liked that he hadn't really earned his reputation in the big top, and found professional wrestling to be an avenue that satisfied his need for dramatics and was still athletically challenging. His gymnastics background and flashy style quickly caught the notice of recruiters, and he found himself making more waves than he'd ever expected to on the wrestling circuit, and recently earned himself a spot on the TICWW roster. He'd probably call himself something of a method actor, and his brooding, angry ring persona sometimes accidentally bleeds into his backstage life.

Gimmick: Provocateur
Role: Heel
Starting Audience: +2

Look +1, Power -2, Real 0, Work 0

Moves:

Mind Games
When you engage in bizarre, outlandish
or mysterious behavior to psych someone out, roll +Look.
On a 10+ pick 2, on a 7-9 pick 1: you gain control (of the
situation, or of the match); gain +1 Heat with them; they
gain +1 Heat with you; take +1 Momentum. On a botch,
it reads as silly, lose all Momentum.

"Strangely Captivating"
When you're the sole focus of a segment, roll +Look instead of +Real.

Finishing Move: Tightrope Moonsault
When you’re booked to win a match, roll 2d6: On a 10+, you hit your Finisher clean. Choose whether your or your
opponent gains +1 Audience. On a 7-9, they make you work for it. Choose: you get the win through guile instead, gain
+1 Heat with them; or they help you play up your unique approach, and you each gain 1 Momentum. On a botch, you
still get the win, but pick one: it looks terrible, lose -1 Audience; or you mess up and injure your opponent.
Le Grande Mort
Look +1, Power -2, Real 0, Work 0
Audience +2 | Momentum: 0

Footage of last week's Triple Threat match plays: Le Grande Mort and two mid-carders -- one billed as a home-country hero -- brawling in the ring. The dead man is taking a rain of blows from both men, his costume makeup smeared slightly; it doesn't look good for him.

Le Grande Mort (voiceover): "They thought they could defeat me."

The two men are shown teaming up to beat on Mort. They are shown doing a bearhug hold/high kick combination; Death sells it like he means it. "They thought they could put me down." The Corpus King takes a rather brutal suplex in the middle of the ring. Cut to a dramatic-angle shot of him laying there, seemingly out cold. The other two men are distracted fighting one another now that the threat has been neutralized. "But they forgot one ... little ... thing."

Dramatic music as -- shock! -- Le Grande Mort suddenly sits bolt-straight, eyes fixed on the pair -- hungry for victory, for vengeance.

"Death. Doesn't. Die."

A series of cuts, each a highlight -- Bam! Spinning heel kick to the hometown champ. Pow! Catching one of the men with a clothesline, knocking him down. A few more spots for good measure, ending on a Tightrope Moonsault into a pin. The crowd is noisily booing the heel's upset victory as he stares -- first at his fallen opponents, and then at the audience itself, drinking it all in. At some point the referee handed him a microphone; he grabs it angrily.

"You can try to crush me; you can send anyone you want! But no one -- in this stadium, in this world -- can ever... truly escape... Death Itself."

His theme kicks in, all heavy guitars, as he throws the mic down and walks out of the ring. It barely drowns out the crowd's fury at having seen their local Superstar take a loss.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Character Sheet posted:

Name: Takeo Honda

Hails From: Osaka, Japan

Entrance: Classic & Impressive

Look: Honda has a medium muscular build- not quite a monster but imposing. He has dark hair in a bowl cut and wears red trunks with black trim. His face is a perpetual scowl.

Fighting Style: Works in a grounded style with a lot of strikes and some basic grapples. Tends to start slow and build as the match progresses.

Bio: Son of the great Kenoshiro Honda, Takeo was pushed to continue his family's legacy and trained in the cruelest dojos across the country. The cruel discipline and physical punishment doled out by his trainers beat out any trace of mercy or compassion from Honda's mind; he is now a pure machine, efficient and ruthless in the destruction of his opponents.

Real: Takeo was pushed by his father to take up the wrestling business, and with his family name and impressive physique he found it easy to get bookings. Japan Wrestling Continuum instantly began pushing him as the next big thing, with some success, but a few minor corruption scandals involving owner Hideo Gump Sr. forced the company to sell him to TWW. Honda is not sure he deserves what he's been given and is just a little insecure.

Gimmick: Golden Boy
Role: Heel

Look 2, Power 0, Real -2, Work 0

Audience: +1

Moves:

Finishing Move: When you’re booked to win a match, roll 2d6. On a 10+, you hit your Finisher clean, gain +1 Audience. On a 7-9, they
make you work for it. Choose: they obviously allow you to get the win and gain +1 Heat with them; they push you,
you both gain +1 Momentum. On a botch, choose: an authority figure interferes and calls the match in your favor on
a technicality, losing you -1 Audience; or there was a last-minute change to the booking from backstage and your
opponent wins the match.

Dynasty Scion: Take +1 Look

Always Learning: When you work a match with someone you know is better than you, roll Work. On a 10+ pick two, 7-9 pick 1: Gain +1 Momentum, Gain +1 Heat With Them, earn their respect. On a botch, you make a rookie mistake and lose -1 Audience.

Drumbeats, then a solemn orchestral score

LAST WEEK

Honda is facing off against American cruiserweight Buck Gordon. The popular "space cadet" manages to bloody Honda's nose with a well-timed dropkick. and recovering, Honda snaps. He grabs the smaller man and hurls him over the top rope, climbing out to hurl him into the ring steps, against the barricade- so relentless is his desire to hurt the young man that he ignores the referee's timing and both men are counted out. After the bell rings Honda batters his downed opponent with a steel chair, before staring down the security personnel who have rushed in to stop his rampage.

Fade to a backstage interview.

"What I did, I did because I did not respect him. In all the time I have been here I have not met one opponent I can respect. They are all weak... unfocused... they did not go through what I have gone through. I must make an example of every opponent, until finally, I meet someone worthy."

Cyphoderus
Apr 21, 2010

Memnon's vignette is the last one to play. As Curupira scurries away, the music of the montage fades out, but the camera keeps the shot going.

Rita Rai backs Memnon off against a wall, her forearm against his neck.

"You know that's not the way we do things here!" She lets go of Memnon, not very kindly. "You got beef? You take – it – to – the – ring."

Rita stares you down for a second as she catches her composure back. "Dammit, Memnon. You're good out there. I know it, the fans know it. You can go far – don't mess it up. Besides," she indicates a small TV set mounted on a wall nearby. It's showing Takeo Honda slamming Buck Gordon, the American space cadet, into the ring's steel steps, and his arrogant gloating. "We both know who needs a real kicking." She points at you, touching your chest, looking you in the eye. "Can I trust you?"

We're segueing straight into the pre-match promos; do your thing. After you're finished...

---

As the scene from last week fades to black on the Jumbotron, the lights of the Globaldome go out. They come back in with a bang – and Memnon's entrance!

What's that look like?

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Memnon
Audience: +1, Momentum: +1

Memnon glares harshly at Rita as she lectures him, preparing himself to fight, but as she points to the television his eyes can't help but follow. He watches Takeo Honda's posturing with a look of mild disgust before looking back to Rita. "To destroy that pitiful worm?" Memnon smiles wide and nods.

The camera cuts to a montage of Memnon's previous acts of violence from multiple recent matches - throwing up a superkick against Cobalt James, his inverted frankensteiner on the Dingo, followed by multiple angles of his brutal fanakata against Le Grande Mort. Throughout, Memnon's voiceover intones, "I've worked hard to get where I am today. I've fought for the respect of my people, and others the world over. I've sacrificed friendships, and I've risked my own health." This line comes directly over the impact of his finishing headbutt against the dead man. Immediately after, the camera cuts to Memnon holding the camera in one hand, making grand operatic gestures with the other. "You speak of respect, Takeo Honda, but you don't deserve it yourself. You are nothing but a pampered, spoiled little brat - without your family you would be nothing in this business. This is why I am going to break you. This is why I'm going to take you apart, piece by piece." With this, Memnon pulls the camera close, right up to his face. "When I am finished, 'nothing' is exactly what will be left of you. Prepare yourself, justice is coming!"

The promo finished, the lights go out for a few seconds as music softly plays before a massive blast of green pyrotechnics erupts on the corners of the stage right as the heavy guitars start up. Memnon runs out in a long black coat over his green tank top and black wrestling tights. He stands centerstage, bringing his arms up over his head in a victorious stance. Memnon holds the position as the lights spin and twirl above him - green, yellow, and red. He basks in the cheers of the crowd as he makes his way down the ramp at a run, more pyrotechnics launching along the ramp as he runs towards the ring. He jumps, grabbing the top rope and swinging his way over before strutting around the ring as his music continues to beat soulfully in the background. Memnon climbs the ropes again, signalling the crowd with his arms to cheer louder and louder, smiling wide and egging them on before leaping backwards as one last sequence of pyro goes off, this time from the four corners of the ring, nearly catching him on fire as they go off. And then Memnon turns his gaze to the stage, waiting for his opponent.

I'm running under the assumption that I'm taking on Takeo Honda here, if I'm incorrect let me know, but that definitely looked like what you were going for there.

Cyphoderus
Apr 21, 2010

Lager posted:

I'm running under the assumption that I'm taking on Takeo Honda here, if I'm incorrect let me know, but that definitely looked like what you were going for there.
Yup!

It definitely sounds to me like you were speaking your mind and Cutting a Promo there, so roll +Look to see how the audience received it.

"And there you go folks, a lot of built-up tension here in the Globaldome since last week, and it seems we're cutting straight into the action!"

There's definitely a corner of the audience that's into Memnon, and they cheer as the Ethiopian jumps in the ring. As the entrance pipes down and Memnon settles down, the lights flash for a few seconds before Honda's entrance kicks in.

What's that look like?

Honda, you also get a chance to grab the mic and speak your mind before the fight.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Two pillars of ceremonial flame erupt, one on each side of the stage, and burn as Takeo Honda strides to the middle of the stage and cuts the air with a shout. The Jumbotron shows video of his previous squash victories, intercut with his name with English letters written over Kanji. He strides to the stage, while a picture-in-picture displays an earlier interview.

"I trained in the cruelest wrestling dojos of Japan. At any mistake, or any sign of weakness, I was beaten savagely. If Memnon does not respect what I went through to get where I am today, then I have no respect for him. And those I do not respect, I destroy. Memnon, you are reckless! You are unfocused! When you make your first mistake, I will show you no mercy!"

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Memnon
Audience: +1, Momentum: +1, Heat with Takeo Honda: +2

Sorry, forgot the roll. Cut a promo!: 2d6 8, I'll choose to get +1 momentum, bringing me to +2.

Cyphoderus
Apr 21, 2010

Alright, Honda, you're speaking your mind and furthering a storyline, so that's Cutting a Promo as well. Roll +Look to see how the live audience receives your entrance!

Lager posted:

Sorry, forgot the roll. Cut a promo!: 2d6 8, I'll choose to get +1 momentum, bringing me to +2.
The crowd is into it! As you give Honda your best stare in the ring, you can feel they really want to watch you beating the crap out of your pretentious opponent.

The ring announcer stands between both of you in the ring in his pristine tux, and in his best Michael Bruce Buffer impression:
"To my left... the Ethiopian warrior, emperor of headbutts, trampler of challengers... Meeeeeeemnon!
To my right... the Japanese samurai, maestro of violence, destroyer of egos... Takeoooooo Hondaaaaa!"

As he announces, the Jumbotron shows both of you, with an overlay on the bottom of the screen detailing name, weight, height, fighting style and place of origin. The crowd is cheering, excited for the start of the evening's wrestling. The ref, a short guy with a droopy face, starts climbing the steps and getting into the ring.

"This match is scheduled for one fall, and a time limit of thirty minutes. Are you ready? Ready?"

If you have anything you want to do before the bell rings, this is the time!

---

Evil Mastermind and thelazyblank, you guys are in the announcing booth for this match. thelazyblank has the official Announcer power of Putting someone Over.

You can come up with an announcing duo, or have your own wrestlers be guest announcers, or just use a generic announcing voice. Up to you!

Cyphoderus fucked around with this message at 23:04 on May 13, 2015

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

A lightly-accented British voice is heard right after the announcing had finished, no body to match with the voice so far. He sounds professional and even-toned, focus on what's happening in the arena and especially in the ring. "Welcome everyone to another wonderful evening of professional here, courtesy of Transintercontinental World Wrestling. If this is your first time joining us, my name is Bob Manning and I'll be your host for this opening match. With me this week is someone who needs no introduction.."

Cue the other announcer introducing themselves.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
2d6+2 = 10!

I will gain +1 Momentum and +1 Heat With Memnon, bringing my Momentum to +2 and my Heat with Memnon to +3.

Cyphoderus
Apr 21, 2010

Maxwell Lord posted:

2d6+2 = 10!

I will gain +1 Momentum and +1 Heat With Memnon, bringing my Momentum to +2 and my Heat with Memnon to +3.

The live audience eats your promo up! You enter the ring to a lot of noise, boos and calls and cheers.

But now is the time... for the first match of the evening here for Transintercontinental World Wrestling!

Memnon vs. Takeo Honda

DING!

---

Alright, here's how we're gonna do this. Honda, your promo was a blast, so you start with control of the match. That means you describe the action in the ring, including to a certain extent your opponent's actions. When you get to a big, exciting spot, pick an appropriate stat and make the Wrestling Move!

Please stay in control of the match for at least one post before going for the Wrestling Move proper. That way people can react to what you're describing: the announcers can come in with commentary, and your opponent can say how they're reacting to you – this may trigger a move on their part, most importantly the Interrupt.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
The bell has just rung when Memnon leaps for Honda, knocking him back to the ropes with a series of backhand strikes and following it with a crowd-pleasing headbutt. The ref warns Memnon to back away, and they exchange words long enough for Honda to rake Memnon's back. The two get into a collar-and-elbow tie up, and Memnon irish whips Honda into a corner. After a few more chops, he winds up for a running splash- only for Honda to move to the side in time for Memnon's head to hit the ringpost. WIth his opponent stunned, Honda uses a series of punches and elbow strikes to drive him to back to the center of the ring.

(Hope I'm not overdescribing my opponent but I was thinking of the traditional match structure where the face gets in a bit of offense to show off, then the heel takes over, etc.)

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

thelazyblank posted:

A lightly-accented British voice is heard right after the announcing had finished, no body to match with the voice so far. He sounds professional and even-toned, focus on what's happening in the arena and especially in the ring. "Welcome everyone to another wonderful evening of professional here, courtesy of Transintercontinental World Wrestling. If this is your first time joining us, my name is Bob Manning and I'll be your host for this opening match. With me this week is someone who needs no introduction.."

Cue the other announcer introducing themselves.

And answering with a thick but enthusiastic southern drawl: "But ah'm gonna go on ahead and introduce myself anyways! Howdy y'all this is your ol' pal Jack Walker, here in the announcin' booth to call the shots as ah see 'em. And we're in for a doozy of an openin' match tonight! Right off the bat Honda's givin' Memnon a hell of a beating! Memnon looks like a huntin' dog who don't know where the duck landed!"

thelazyblank, are you a face announcer or heel announcer?

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Evil Mastermind posted:

And answering with a thick but enthusiastic southern drawl: "But ah'm gonna go on ahead and introduce myself anyways! Howdy y'all this is your ol' pal Jack Walker, here in the announcin' booth to call the shots as ah see 'em. And we're in for a doozy of an openin' match tonight! Right off the bat Honda's givin' Memnon a hell of a beating! Memnon looks like a huntin' dog who don't know where the duck landed!"

thelazyblank, are you a face announcer or heel announcer?

"I'm not entirely sure what that means, but it seems appropriate. Memnon gave his Japanese opponent a few good strikes but Honda seems to be in control at the moment."

Going with a face announcer here.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Memnon smirks as the bell rings before launching into his attack, coming off as confident and collected right up until he hits the anchor. Reeling from the impact, Memnon staggers backwards, holding his head and selling the move as Honda begins his own assault. Memnon is pushed into the center of the ring by the blows and tries his best to protect himself and recover.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

thelazyblank posted:

Going with a face announcer here.

That's what I hopedfigured.

"Oh man, look at those there skills Honda's bringin' to the table! It does my heart good to see someone sticking' to the good ol'-fashioned rasslin' moves that make this sport so great; not like that weird fancy stuff these youngun's keep bustin' out, right Bobby?"

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Frustrated by Memnon's refusal to fall over, Honda shouts as he delivers a series of increasingly powerful chops. With each blow he utters a shout, building in intensity, until finally throwing his opponent against the ropes, and catching him on the return to throw him on the ground face-first!

The Facebuster will be my Wrestling Move- I'll wait on your call on what I should roll.

Cyphoderus
Apr 21, 2010

That's some nice, no-nonsense wrestling, so +Work is the way to go!

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Lucky day- it's a 10!

Retain Control and gain +1 Heat! My heat with Memnon is now +4.

Honda goes for the cover, but Memnon kicks out at 1- he hasn't taken nearly enough damage to stay down for long. Honda continues to work on his opponent with a side headlock, shouting in frustration.

(Will leave it there, have to go to work.)

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

"It's Bob, and most of their...Nevermind, Honda has him set up for some chops. Those sound like they hurt, Jack. Off the ropes, and a well-executed facebuster by Honda. The man's got talent, but that wasn't going to put away someone like Memnon."

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

"Eh, everyone knows beatin' Memnon is easy. He'd slam his own head into the turnbuckles if you let him."

Cyphoderus
Apr 21, 2010

You execute the facebuster and Memnon takes the bump with a very satisfying THUD, and the crowd light up in a big pop! That's gonna be a popular GIF tomorrow!

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Evil Mastermind posted:

"Eh, everyone knows beatin' Memnon is easy. He'd slam his own head into the turnbuckles if you let him."

"I'm sorry to those watching at home who aren't familiar, but Jack has an.. active imagination. Memnon's a tough, unorthodox wrestler."

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Memnon
Audience: +1, Momentum: +2, Heat with Takeo Honda: +2

(Spending a point of Momentum to use the interrupt move!)

As Honda applies the headlock, Memnon suddenly regains his senses. Memnon twists to get his leg behind Honda's as he reaches his arm up in front. Clawing for the Japanese fighter's face, Memnon grabs on and throws Honda backwards down to the mat hard as he breaks the hold. As Honda hits the mat, Memnon throws his head back and stands tall in a dramatic gesture to display his sudden resurgence of energy.

(Waiting for the announcers before making my first move in control of the match.)

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

"Aw man, what kinda cheap shot y'all call that? Goin' for a man's face? C'mon, ref, get payin' attention in there!"

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

"You do know what unorthodox is?" Bob seems to be genuinely asking. "Grabbing someone by the face is legal as long as you don't have fingers in the eyes. Memnon in control after the quick takedown."

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

"Unorthawhatnow? Quit with yer ten-dollar words, Bobby, we're here to call the match."

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Memnon

(Rolling +Heat Roll +Heat: 2d6+2 7, I'm choosing to keep control, will post again once Honda reacts and the announcers do their thing.)

Memnon riles the crowd up for a few brief moments, letting Honda begin to rise. The Japanese fighter comes at Memnon again from behind, hoping to catch the preening Ethiopian off-guard, but Memnon wastes no time in jumping right back into the action. As Honda throws his punch, Memnon twists his head to the side, allowing his opponent to hit him on the boniest portion of his head. Memnon winces in pain and staggers slightly, but Honda's knuckles are painfully jammed. Memnon darts forward as Honda sells the move, grabbing him by the head and rapidly executing a well-performed DDT.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Jack literally bounces in his chair, like the force of the slam hit everything outside of the ring.

"Whooo doggies! Honda just got slammed harder than a fox caught stealin' eggs from the henhouse!"

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Evil Mastermind posted:

Jack literally bounces in his chair, like the force of the slam hit everything outside of the ring.

"Whooo doggies! Honda just got slammed harder than a fox caught stealin' eggs from the henhouse!"

"Do I want to know? A brilliant DDT by Memnon in the middle of the ring. No cover, he's looking to wear down the man more."

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

"See, that's what I'm talkin' about with Memnon! He's got hit in the head too many times, a smart man would try to end this now instead'a giving Honda a chance t'get rollin'!"

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Honda rolls on the floor in pain as Memnon poses, then climbs to his feet. He's still looking unsteady, and is visibly pissed at having been taken off his feet.

Cyphoderus
Apr 21, 2010

Honda's selling the pain well, because the crowd is visibly enjoying him getting beaten up. They start chanting:
"LET'S-GO-MEM-NON"
"LET'S-GO-MEM-NON"
"LET'S-GO-MEM-NON"

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Memnon

Memnon basks in the cheers, pumping his fist to the rhythm of the chants. He turns as Honda rises, and quickly sets about his assault once more. Running for the ropes, Memnon bounces off and back towards Takeo Honda before leaping into the air and launching towards his opponent for a flying forearm smash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Takeo falls to the ground with a satisfying SLAM. He's got one hand on his face but is otherwise immobile.

• Locked thread