Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
I've just recently set up an old laptop to run this, I originally wanted to use retroarch and emulationstation on windows but my laptop didn't like either of them. Honestly it emulates games fine but it looks ugly as sin, I'd be using openelec if I could find an emulator that works with it now it's changed from xmbc to kodi. If you don't like the way it looks you can go into settings>drivers> then change the Menu driver to rgui (the old menus, a low res chequered square with the menu on top) or glui (which is pretty swish but still just text, also for some reason this one goes off the edge of my screen and I haven't figured out how to make it fit)

edit: My biggest gripes are that to put roms on it you have to access it via lan, for some reason it won't shop up to my main pc but will to my other laptop, so I had to use Winscp to get into it to add roms. It's bullshit that there isn't some menu to just pull stuff off of an external drive onto the hard drive. And that if you, say, don't want to use Xbox360 controllers with it and want to use some older controllers that give it a more retro feel, you lose the option to have a button combo to press to bring up the menu. R3+L3 is fine but not Start+Select?

QwertySanchez fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Aug 7, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread