Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Mooseontheloose posted:

My only issue is that I am not sure the Office gimmick should carry the whole show. I want them to be a variety show again but I also know that I can't live in nostalgia.

I think if they split it up, with half the show dedicated to this Office-style presentation and then half being the actual Muppet show they're putting on, it will work, but I'm not sure it's something they can rely on 100%. It seems like it's basically going to be 30 Rock but with Muppets. Or in other words, 30 Rock.

The humor is pretty up to snuff in that trailer but the bear racism gag feels like a really poor thing to focus so much of the trailer on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

myron cope posted:

So, in other words, perfect?

The thing that's weird is that it's a show about the production of a show and the people who make it, except we are already familiar with the show-within-a-show and they have to strike a different balance.

I have faith! And it'll be a good way to make it stand out from the shows its format is inspired by. I guess I'm just voicing some trepidation because I'm always worried they'll gently caress up the Muppets even though there's no reason for me to think they will.

• Locked thread