Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

Jose Oquendo posted:

So this is the second time they tried to get an Uncle Buck TV series going. Weird.

I thought the casting was sort of strange, given the title of the show, as I a while ago I heard the term was a racial slur. This was something I wasn't even aware of for years until hearing something about it in passing a long time ago.

Turns out that after a quick search I saw that there's been at least on article critical of the production based on that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

Astroman posted:

The larger question in my opinion, is who was really clamoring for a tv remake of a 25 year old movie? Must be the same people who really want to see Coach back on the air. :iiam:

I think mainly because it's something you can market fairly well and has a lot of recognition. Uncle Buck and Coach both feel like they're aiming at the 'grandparent' demographic of people who enjoyed the feel-good family comedies of the 90s.

(edit: Which may be the point, in a way. I'm not sure what the statistics are, but that demographic might be more apt to continue watching traditional TV as opposed to all the online and trying to appeal to them with family show concepts they're familiar with and they feel they can sit and watch with the grandkids could be a plus.)

Really, they need to do a Home Alone series in the vein of 24. 72-96 hours of real-time violence, survival, comedy and heartwarming family reunions.

JediTalentAgent fucked around with this message at 20:18 on May 17, 2015

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005

All that comedy and wacky antics in that intro, just a reminder: Those kids are are all recently orphaned.

Make with the yucks, people!

edit: At least Horsin' Around lasted more than one season with the same plot.

JediTalentAgent fucked around with this message at 03:52 on May 19, 2015

• Locked thread