Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
do you know when we get the wharf and guild shop and stuff like that? Or are those things that will be added later? I don't know what they do but it seems like we should have gotten some by now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

I don't have the faintest idea. I can't find any indicator in the UI about it. There's no info on them anywhere. I swear I saw a very brief mention of guild treasure maps or something when I first started, but that could've been a crazy fever dream.

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot
I googled it and read that they are having issues with the app upgrades being approved by Apple and a lot of people were upset. Supposedly the guild buildings will come in future updates. Supposedly.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
Applied to the guild as Shannon. Hopefully there'll be room for me by the end of the day so I can get the last daily quest achievement out of the way.

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
The magic ball grind is real.
I'm not too sure how long I'm gonna last on this one, I think after heroes I'm starting to get burnt out on this style of game.

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot
Did you guys know you can upgrade the training slots for 1000 diamonds? I hadn't known that

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Doesn't seem worth it for the exp it adds per hour.

1359 -> 1631 for 1k diamonds, ehhhh...

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?
For anyone debating who to purple first, Djinni has a bit of interesting text. Most heroes only have a small buff when they have a passive at purple, but she's a bit different:

Grants divine guardianship to the magic lamp to expand the healing of Djinni Prayer to all and will increase healing amounts.

It's a pretty huge boost.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

That's pretty sick. I guess I'll pick her up, she's only 6 days worth of points. I got my Zweihander today and, while I haven't used him yet, my concern is he's going to be pretty 'meh' unless I specifically need him to eat a single huge hit to clear a campaign stage or a trial.

Wish I had grabbed Nightblade or whatever, dude chews through my teams if I can't handle him ASAP in some capacity. The 70 piece archer from the Arena.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Tsurupettan posted:

Doesn't seem worth it for the exp it adds per hour.

1359 -> 1631 for 1k diamonds, ehhhh...

I've been underwhelmed by the two 5k gem pulls I've done, and you get a free rare pull once per day, so I'm upgrading all my training slots to at least green next. It looks like it scales linearly too, so 1k gets you a 20% bonus, another 2k gets you 40% more.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Most of my gems go into 3 stamina restores a day and I've popped the occasional angel chest int he tower. Seem to get a lot of Amora pieces in the 10-20 range, and then the L70 pieces in the 20+ range. Could be bias though. If I was higher in Arena I'd probably be buying us feasts as well.

The 5k pulls kinda suck, though. I think doing one is worth it, but afterward just the standard freebie.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
I unlocked Athena by doing angel chest opens. I think that's the single best use of diamonds. Stamina restores also seem to be significantly more cost effective than buying items for diamonds from the shop.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

DolphinCop posted:

I unlocked Athena by doing angel chest opens. I think that's the single best use of diamonds.

Isn't she in the level 70 tier? I mean cool if you get her before you're able to 2* anything else but is she that much better than the angels who give you double-triple stat bonuses at 2-3 stars?

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
Which characters should I be going after first with arena and angel points?

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

DolphinCop posted:

Applied to the guild as Shannon. Hopefully there'll be room for me by the end of the day so I can get the last daily quest achievement out of the way.

It's going to be a little bit before I can get you in (no big inactives) but I'll add you as soon as possible.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
It seems like most of the arena heroes are actually pretty useful, so go for what you need.

Djinni - seems like a decent healer, I wouldn't take her though. I didn't really have a need for a healer until I was mid 50s, and by then I had gotten lucky and pulled a Lunar Priestess from the free pull.
Zweihander - if you need a tank then he's a good choice. He was pretty tough to fight against early on, but at the point I'm at he's nothing special. His damage isn't that great. He's just mildly annoying because he can increase his health. I don't have him yet, but it seems like Dark Paladin, Earthshaker, and Rose Knight are better choices.
Grimbow - Attacks reasonably fast and he crits a lot. He's basically the green ranger or whatever that starter hero is, but better damage and his active hits the back row instead of the front, which I find more useful because they're generally softer targets/obnoxious support characters.
Night Sentinal - seems to attack slightly faster than most archers. Good damage, and his active is a decent single target nuke.

I went for Grimbow first for no particular reason. He's been useful in arena, and especially good for angel trial as well. On the lower levels of angel trial I can generally wipe out the entire back row just using his active up until level 20 or so. If I could re-do it I'd maybe take Night Sentinal instead.

For angel points, I ended up getting Lunaria to 3*.. I have Amora at 2* already just from chests, so I'm probably going to pump her to 3* and then just save until I can get Athena or Mikaela or one of the high level angels. I'd recommend getting Nyssa to 3 stars if you have her, then just save for one of the higher tier angels.

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

Applied for Goonsquad as ManCalledM.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Invites are going to be a bit of a wait right now. If the overflow still exists I suggest hopping in it so you can finish dailies.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Just got a Dark Paladin from the gem chest. He seems pretty good.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Echophonic posted:

Just got a Dark Paladin from the gem chest. He seems pretty good.

He's probably the best tank in the game. He can take a ton of punishment, he hits pretty hard, and he has a stun. His active doesn't do a lot of damage but it hits an entire row without giving them any rage. Being able to resurrect once per battle is also a huge plus.

The biggest downside is that he's a major pain to level up. You can only reliably get shards from the luxury feast. You can get odd ones here and there from random pulls, difficult events, and the shops, but it's not very often that they pop up.

Jamwad Hilder fucked around with this message at 16:30 on May 15, 2015

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
I just got a Lunar Priestess from a gem pull, please boost her for me :]

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Jamwad Hilder posted:

It seems like most of the arena heroes are actually pretty useful, so go for what you need.

Djinni - seems like a decent healer, I wouldn't take her though. I didn't really have a need for a healer until I was mid 50s, and by then I had gotten lucky and pulled a Lunar Priestess from the free pull.
Zweihander - if you need a tank then he's a good choice. He was pretty tough to fight against early on, but at the point I'm at he's nothing special. His damage isn't that great. He's just mildly annoying because he can increase his health. I don't have him yet, but it seems like Dark Paladin, Earthshaker, and Rose Knight are better choices.
Grimbow - Attacks reasonably fast and he crits a lot. He's basically the green ranger or whatever that starter hero is, but better damage and his active hits the back row instead of the front, which I find more useful because they're generally softer targets/obnoxious support characters.
Night Sentinal - seems to attack slightly faster than most archers. Good damage, and his active is a decent single target nuke.

I went for Grimbow first for no particular reason. He's been useful in arena, and especially good for angel trial as well. On the lower levels of angel trial I can generally wipe out the entire back row just using his active up until level 20 or so. If I could re-do it I'd maybe take Night Sentinal instead.

For angel points, I ended up getting Lunaria to 3*.. I have Amora at 2* already just from chests, so I'm probably going to pump her to 3* and then just save until I can get Athena or Mikaela or one of the high level angels. I'd recommend getting Nyssa to 3 stars if you have her, then just save for one of the higher tier angels.

I'm not actually sure what I need!

I currently have:

Rose Knight 2*
Mermaid 1*
Green Ranger 1*
Pyrawhatever 1*
Demon Huntress 2*
Nether Knight 1*
Atlanta 2*

So I have a healer in Mermaid, a tank in Nether Knight, some front line damage in the other two, and two archers plus Pyra who seems pretty crazy good.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Pyrona and Atalanta are just overall strong heroes IMO, and Rose Knight is also solid for a starter. It helps that the game shits pieces of them at you relentlessly, so getting them 3* isn't hard.

You should get a werewolf dude soon for free who wrecks face. He's amazing, don't neglect him.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Yeah, I wasn't sure on Berserker Claw, but he's a real poo poo-wrecker.

Jamwad Hilder posted:

He's probably the best tank in the game. He can take a ton of punishment, he hits pretty hard, and he has a stun. His active doesn't do a lot of damage but it hits an entire row without giving them any rage. Being able to resurrect once per battle is also a huge plus.

The biggest downside is that he's a major pain to level up. You can only reliably get shards from the luxury feast. You can get odd ones here and there from random pulls, difficult events, and the shops, but it's not very often that they pop up.

That's a fair consideration. That stun is incredibly clutch and 3* is more than good enough for me right now.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
Who's better? Mermaid or Nether Knight? Nether Knight looks badass as gently caress because I'm twelve years old.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I only started with Vienna, don't have any of the others at the moment.

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot

Violet_Sky posted:

Who's better? Mermaid or Nether Knight? Nether Knight looks badass as gently caress because I'm twelve years old.

Nether knight when I have fought against him was very hard to kill. His ability to turn damage a against him to health was annoying as hell. There are better healers than mermaid imo.

misterevilcat
Apr 30, 2009
Applied to the main and spillover guild as MrEvilCat. Game seems pretty decent so far, a better poopbreak game than Hero's Charge due to having less busywork in general. Anyone else have their phone keyboard default to all caps in this? Really annoying..

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

misterevilcat posted:

Applied to the main and spillover guild as MrEvilCat. Game seems pretty decent so far, a better poopbreak game than Hero's Charge due to having less busywork in general. Anyone else have their phone keyboard default to all caps in this? Really annoying..

I do, using Swiftkey.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
I managed to get Lunaria from the event and Trial chests. So I get to choose between her and Glacia, now. Just need trial and error to see if I need more healing or debuffs for specific fights.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?
Hint: you can always use more healing, except for the very top of Arena. Healing lets you get to the top of the top of the Angel Trial, which gives you a ton of gold, fodder and coins.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Yeah a healing angel is clutch, Lunaria is really good early on for healing your front line and keeping the tanks up in addition to a regular healer if you have one. Her single target heal isn't noticeably better than the front line heal, but it's good "oh poo poo" button for getting 3 stars on tougher levels if someone is about to die. Up until where I am the vast majority of teams will use Nyssa, she's basically a slightly better version of Lunaria. I've seen a few teams use Styx if they have a good healer (Lunar Priestess especially) because her actives damage the other team, and she actually hits pretty hard. A healing angel is definitely the better choice for angel trials though.

Fiss
Jul 20, 2009
So I found this website for generating codes http://angelmobile.gtarcade.com/mobile. I messed around with it a little bit so not sure if there is a limit. I could get codes using http://www.throwawaymail.com/ and they worked though one said it was already used. Got lucky and hit a supreme gift which was 200 diamonds 100k gold and some exp pots.

e:I think you can only redeem each gift pack once after messing around with it a bit more. Still free stuff.

Fiss fucked around with this message at 00:19 on May 16, 2015

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot

Fiss posted:

So I found this website for generating codes http://angelmobile.gtarcade.com/mobile. I messed around with it a little bit so not sure if there is a limit. I could get codes using http://www.throwawaymail.com/ and they worked though one said it was already used. Got lucky and hit a supreme gift which was 200 diamonds 100k gold and some exp pots.

e:I think you can only redeem each gift pack once after messing around with it a bit more. Still free stuff.

For some reason I'm getting a 404 error message on the first link.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?

Tony Homo posted:

For some reason I'm getting a 404 error message on the first link.

Remove the period from the end.

I'm trying to get a 1* code, so here are some higher * codes while I get it. Let me know if you use them!:

4* (Ultimate): WAKAFXUO918VHHIN9S
2* (Awesome): S0LC2JUL4LSVGRMBVD
5* (Supreme): W7RXBJUGQ36HQUMZ02

Niton fucked around with this message at 00:48 on May 16, 2015

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Niton posted:

5* (Supreme): W7RXBJUGQ36HQUMZ02

I used this one. Tried to use the 2*, but it didn't 'exit'.

EDIT: Used these too, thanks!

Ultimate: FX44JXCRJUER2SY5EF
Super: 1S1ETPJVQHJ51YFP40

AfroSquirrel fucked around with this message at 00:59 on May 16, 2015

crazystray
Aug 7, 2005
Grow or die.
So, they don't check e-mails, you can just change one letter and keep spinning until you get one of each pack.

Here are some packs for those too lazy:

Supreme: 8BXCOJHDE7X7NVSXQD
Supreme: 12VIWYHH6SLYQMPCOA
Ultimate: RZXWJTPGJ44K6YY4RB
Ultimate: ZCJMJGDM1ZEVVEDFP9
Ultimate: FX44JXCRJUER2SY5EF
Super: R8PHJV6IB6EMOZQZV4
Super: 1S1ETPJVQHJ51YFP40

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

crazystray posted:

Supreme: 12VIWYHH6SLYQMPCOA

Took this.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

crazystray posted:

So, they don't check e-mails, you can just change one letter and keep spinning until you get one of each pack.

Here are some packs for those too lazy:

Ultimate: RZXWJTPGJ44K6YY4RB

Got this one, the others are already gone I think.

1* BASIC: VZVAYRB9J4HKRG33ID
3* SUPER: 0VQIDE4FSM8RUIBCIS

Dreylad fucked around with this message at 01:15 on May 16, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?
Also, to back up my earlier claims re: healing:

Djinni is really good.

• Locked thread