Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Tsurupettan posted:

he got a nereida. he should probably have nereida in that team, she's crazy good. I'd be running Djinni/Nereida/Pyrona back, Berserker Claw/Rose Knight front and set Rose Knight up to take the brunt of the attacks.

I think Nereida is better on the front line once you get her to at least blue. Her 3rd skill gives her some really good durability.

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Still a few days from djinni but I'm trying to push for her
Rose knight over Atlanta chick because he is more tanky right?

I prefer Atalanta, because dead enemies can't hurt you.

Maintenance coming up, with 'awesome rewards' to follow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

AfroSquirrel posted:

I think Nereida is better on the front line once you get her to at least blue. Her 3rd skill gives her some really good durability.

I don't have Nereida myself; I'm going off borrowing Engvard's basically every days. Equipment over the course of a hero's upgrades matters a lot too. What do her 3rd and 4th skills do?

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Tsurupettan posted:

I don't have Nereida myself; I'm going off borrowing Engvard's basically every days. Equipment over the course of a hero's upgrades matters a lot too. What do her 3rd and 4th skills do?

4th is the generic +2750 (+?/level) HP, but 3rd is +200 PD/MD (+40/level). At level 49, just missing her purple item to become purple herself, mine has 550PD/MD base and 600 PD/MD from items.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

AfroSquirrel posted:

4th is the generic +2750 (+?/level) HP, but 3rd is +200 PD/MD (+40/level). At level 49, just missing her purple item to become purple herself, mine has 550PD/MD base and 600 PD/MD from items.

When you put her into purple, let me know what her item loadout is. Engvard, I'd love to hear what your Nereida's stats are like.

Parry and Dodge are also a big part of the equation, though.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I'm starting to feel like nether knight and dark paladin are the ideal front line, they're both incredibly hard to take out

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?
Nether Knight's big downside is that his mitigation is active & RNG reliant. He's very strong, but once in a while I just get to punch through one before he can do anything. I imagine he gets stronger and stronger as fight length goes up for that reason, though?

Cotato
Mar 25, 2002

I got my zweihander to purple and 4* and that guy is unkillable.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
This update looks like it added at ton of stuff. Applied to the guild as SunshineSA.

Pews
Mar 7, 2006

one thousand years of anime
Grimey Drawer
App'd to both guilds as Pews. Just started out yesterday. Not sure if I like this or heroes charge more but I'm definitely gonna level up a bit here and see what you can do.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
There are broken buttons and some menus will always result in a crash, so expect another patch to get pushed out soon.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".
So.... you should probably make a GTArcade account before you update your game...

I didn't make an account, kept signing in as guest this whole time and after the update it forgot my guest number. No idea what it is and from my point of view, highly unlikely recoverable, so looks like I'm starting from scratch? gently caress

Level 56 with 4 purples and about 10 3* heroes, and I just bought another monthly pass.

MAKE YOUR GTAARCADE ACCOUNT! DO IT

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Kreczor posted:

So.... you should probably make a GTArcade account before you update your game...

I didn't make an account, kept signing in as guest this whole time and after the update it forgot my guest number. No idea what it is and from my point of view, highly unlikely recoverable, so looks like I'm starting from scratch? gently caress

Level 56 with 4 purples and about 10 3* heroes, and I just bought another monthly pass.

MAKE YOUR GTAARCADE ACCOUNT! DO IT

It says you should be able to close out the game and reopen it to get your guest account back. I'm reading the compensation message in my mailbox right now.

Lots of stuff added this update, and a ton of compensation. Can I tell you how grateful I am that the game sends you rewards you don't collect, as I keep not being informed that I have rewards to collect??

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".

Glaucus atlanticus posted:

It says you should be able to close out the game and reopen it to get your guest account back. I'm reading the compensation message in my mailbox right now.

Lots of stuff added this update, and a ton of compensation. Can I tell you how grateful I am that the game sends you rewards you don't collect, as I keep not being informed that I have rewards to collect??

Tried that about five different times and no matter what I do it tries to start it off as a new game :(

I made a new account for GTArcade and submitted a support ticket since it seems that names are unique (I can't rename to Kreczor). I'll see if it's possible to retrieve...

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Glaucus atlanticus posted:

Yeah, there's a lot of nice features like that.

The new guild stuff seems pretty cool. EXP potions, rune chests, gold, and gear mines? Sweet.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Echophonic posted:

Yeah, there's a lot of nice features like that.

The new guild stuff seems pretty cool. EXP potions, rune chests, gold, and gear mines? Sweet.

And you can also get your :black101: on!

Seems like the quest button is broken, though. EDIT: Nevermind, it fixed itself. Can't figure out how to collect my plunder, though.

AfroSquirrel fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Jun 3, 2015

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Oh man, an Elder Dwarf tank. Hell yes. :black101:

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot
They just need a Dark Elf now

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
The best part of the island thing is you're locked into a thunderdome for the week with ~6 other guilds. Sadly my hero roster is crappy enough that I'm gonna have to spend some time focusing on training up heroes that weren't part of my core 6-7.

Also I guess we should figure out what to focus research on.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
You can build a little resource grabber at every island FYI you do NOT have to just choose one sorta island to work on.
Also every other guild seems to be be mainly 60+ right now, except one currently only rocking 1 41 person
Also make sure to check out the Warlord monster battle near the center. Some achievements with that and loot....tokens for the new Dwarf hero + a few others. Easy enough to do that my scrub rear end can do well against it so do not miss out
Worth noting each hero/angel can only fight him once so unless you have 15 heroes and 3 angels you can only fight him 1 to 2 times daily. 3 is the max

Also while looking at the map you will sometimes see little coin/potion/whatever icons NEAR people bases. Click on them and I BELIEVE, could be wrong, you raid from them? Something akin to that

edit: Also powers that be need to figure out where we should focus are research on so we don't get too spread out

double edit: I'm gonna say...gently caress the way arena is setup. If I loose my rank should go down. Also resets need to happen a little more than whatever they currently do which is not at all since I started playing. I assume once a week but I'm still pissed currently.
I can not get any drat arena points as I can't beat any of the teams I pull to go against. Every team is all 2 to 3 stars and multiple levels above me.
I have tanked my defense with a 30 angel, my lowest, and the green ranger who is 29 I think?
That's it. And I am just too high on my Arena ranking so no Djinnin for me for a few more days.
rabble rabble anger

Tiny Chalupa fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Jun 3, 2015

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Looks like there's the occasional cache of goodies on the map. I just got a few crystals from a floating chest.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

Kreczor posted:

Tried that about five different times and no matter what I do it tries to start it off as a new game :(

I made a new account for GTArcade and submitted a support ticket since it seems that names are unique (I can't rename to Kreczor). I'll see if it's possible to retrieve...

Tsu, keep Kreczor in the guild until I figure this out. I have a ticket with them already and will report back on what they're saying when I get a response. I have night sentinel and blazing soul as high level mercs which can help out for trials until they get maxed out on charges.

So far they've given me the same response as the thread which is to force close the game and restart it but that does nothing. Is anyone else in the same boat? :(

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

uhhhh hey i just woke up and there's a lot of poo poo.

also the guild is still full. Hey whoever owns the other guild: there is a new, default, AUTO-ACCEPT NEW APPLICANTS feature turned on. Check your stuff and make sure you didn't get an army of pubbies.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

okay wow hey this stuff is cool. it gives me a reason to SPEND LOADS A MONEY care about a larger variety of things than just my core of 5-6.

The demon battle thing did gently caress and All to my core team except then at a minute left they just died instantly for like 400k damage from the boss. I am guessing if you can keep him CC'd regularly then this isn't really an issue.

For the research it looks like you can invest 5 times per day in as many things as you want, personally. Gold and diamonds permitting, anyway. Put your money where you like, but please at least max out :siren: MEMBER EXPAND :siren: every day so we can get more people. Wow hey this is wrong, my game just didn't update my actions after I put all of my gold into member expand. Well, I'd like if we got a few levels in Member Expand to get some waiting people in.

The islands feel kind of like a mix between booty cave and grand arena from Heroes Charge, but with less busywork.

Scroll down to the bottom of your Train window if you haven't yet, there is a new slot available. I'm VIP4 and it was accessible, not sure if it's restricted.

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Jun 3, 2015

Cotato
Mar 25, 2002

If you are an idiot like me theres another slot for vip 6 also.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Whoa, whoa. This new Angel Trial feature. The better you do in a prior day, the more floors you can now 'Crush' the next day. Which means you auto-clear them for 3* and max points.

e: It looks like you can half of yesterday's distance. I was lazy and only went to 28 so I can crush to 14.

e2: Arena has a shorter cooldown now too. Dang, nice. I don't know if there's patch notes anywhere, I'm just going :eyepop: as I see new things and QOL things.

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Jun 3, 2015

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I can't decide if the new heroes are good, they both look like they're tanks. Actually I don't really remember what the minotaurs skills are, I think he may have been a bit supporty. Might try them later on, but the guild shop has soul slinger shards so I think I'm going to max him out first before I try the new heroes.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

I think we did accidentally get a random pub from the auto-accept thing, since we got an extra guild slot. The only name I don't recognize in the list is HeroOfTime, who didn't post in this thread and doesn't have SA after his name.

I'm going to boot this dude and accept one of the other apps waiting. If you're actually a goon, say something and I will get you in as soon as the slot upgrade goes through.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I can't decide if the new heroes are good, they both look like they're tanks. Actually I don't really remember what the minotaurs skills are, I think he may have been a bit supporty. Might try them later on, but the guild shop has soul slinger shards so I think I'm going to max him out first before I try the new heroes.

The Dwarf Warrior guy looks fantastic - if i'm reading his ability right, he works like Poppy from League of Legends. Any ability that does more than 50% of his current HP gets reduced by a certain amount, which would make him fantastic at fighting heroes like Night Stalker or Pyrona.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Best new feature is the Overview button on the hero pane. It tells you what items are needed for upgrades. This was an obnoxious thing to be missing after coming from HC, but hey, now it's here!

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
So it looks like extra soulstones after you get a hero maxed are useful after all. I got a message after finishing a level, similar to when you get mysterious merchant that "the celestial store" was open. It's open for 1 hour at a time once you click it, and you can spend soul shards on stuff, including some things I've never seen before like orange level items:

I also was able to get stones for a character that doesn't appear to actually be in the game yet because he doesn't appear in the hero or angel list. Maybe some kinda vampire dude? I didn't take a screenshot of him in the shop, I only did that after I refreshed and saw the orange item, but here he is in my inventory.

I'll spend some more gems to refresh once or twice and post more screenshots if anything cool pops up.

edit: another orange item, refresh was 100 after that so I only did one

Jamwad Hilder fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Jun 3, 2015

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
All this new poo poo is awesome! And all the diamonds we got from them doing it is awesome!

All in all, pretty awesome!

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Tsurupettan posted:

Whoa, whoa. This new Angel Trial feature. The better you do in a prior day, the more floors you can now 'Crush' the next day. Which means you auto-clear them for 3* and max points.

e: It looks like you can half of yesterday's distance. I was lazy and only went to 28 so I can crush to 14.

e2: Arena has a shorter cooldown now too. Dang, nice. I don't know if there's patch notes anywhere, I'm just going :eyepop: as I see new things and QOL things.

The "crush" feature is great because it gives everyone a stamina bonus each floor, plus you get max stars and points, and you don't have to buy health/rage buffs. I managed to get to floor 47 today before I accidentally chose the medium fight, and I can't even kill the DP and zwei in the front row.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

padijun posted:

The "crush" feature is great because it gives everyone a stamina bonus each floor, plus you get max stars and points, and you don't have to buy health/rage buffs. I managed to get to floor 47 today before I accidentally chose the medium fight, and I can't even kill the DP and zwei in the front row.

Basically, just going to go as far as you can on easy fights each day and then take advantage of Crush the following day.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
Yep, I managed to clear all 50 floors for the first time today because of it.

Also it seems like the chests you get from plundering/demon boss appear in your inventory only, in case anyone was wondering where they go. But it also seems like the rewards for damage on the demon guy are shared for the guild. So check back later to pick up extra chests as other people start chipping in damage.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
All of these changes are fantastic
Crush is amazing and helped me get to 26 or so today

When you get island resources they go to the mail and then inventory
You should be doing those as often as possible insane good reward for nothing really
Use potions to boost lower people to get your defense up. Win win

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?
Also, pre-emptive advice: only use your daily plunders on Equipment, if you can help it. The rune chest has pretty crappy rewards, and Gold/EXP pale in comparison to all of the gear pieces you're going to need.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Did they change the second skill on Grimbow?

Yudo
May 15, 2003

I know the guild is full, but I am going to apply. My username is Derp.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Yudo posted:

I know the guild is full, but I am going to apply. My username is Derp.

If someone puts 3 more into the member expand upgrade you'll have a spot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Tsurupettan posted:

If someone puts 3 more into the member expand upgrade you'll have a spot.

Great, thanks. I can be patient. This game is a nice addition to my commute repertoire; Heroes Rush didn't do anything for me, oddly, considering this is a clone.

Advice for a new player: should I be saving stones for a 10x pull, or is the consensus to get gear? I like that getting good heroes is a matter of time/waiting for a giveaway. The devs seem to understand that these sort of games need tons of freebees to keep nonwhales playing.

• Locked thread