Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
Pretty excited for Supergirl.

Also I really liked Limitless as a movie. Interested in seeing what they do with it to make it a full show, since at the end of the movie it's implied that the main character has figured out a way to make the effect permanent and no longer needs to take pills.

e: The Calista Flockhart bit in the Supergirl promo didn't come across to me as some sort of justification thing. It was more "I'm the boss, and I'm rich, and X an Y, so gently caress you we're calling her what I say we are"

WarLocke fucked around with this message at 17:00 on May 14, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

OldSenileGuy posted:

So I don't know the first thing about any of DC's TV shows, but I was under the impression that all of their TV shows shared a universe separate from all the movies. But Supergirl appears to be a part of the DC cinematic universe? Is that right?

The preview was kind of weird. If you assume that Kara and Kal left Krypton at roughly the same time then Man of Steel is happening right around the time of the Supergirl show? Which would kind of gently caress with public perception of her I would think.

On the other hand the preview implies Superman has been doing his thing for a while ("you may know his story") but seems to be set in the contemporary 'now', so I'm kind of hoping that they're using MoS for the costume inspiration but everything else is different (Supes has been heroing a while, no giant Metropolis fight happened, etc) which would gel with the implied tone better I think.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

computer parts posted:

They said the TV & movie universes would be separate, that's about it. The only thing I saw that linked Supergirl with Man of Steel was the whole "it's not an S" line.

That's not necessarily a MoS reference. The symbol being a family crest thing has been in the comics for a while, and IIRC comes from the Reeves movies?

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Deadpool posted:

Yeah and people seem to love her and the new Superman movie about how people are afraid of him for destroying the city in the last one. I think the show is a wholly separate thing not tied to any other DC TV or movie properties.

Calista Flockhart gets her hands on some super-powered wrinkle cream that makes her skin tough as stone and becomes the show's Lex Luthor. :haw:

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

AnimeJune posted:

Like, apart from Catwoman giving absolutely zero fucks regarding the source material

I actually thought the alternate origin stuff had potential, in a better movie about a not-Catwoman cat-themed character that didn't involve evil skin care companies as the antagonist. Being an avatar of Bast would make for a cool superhero if done right.

(Catwoman was not done right)

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

AnimeJune posted:

WOMEN AM I RIGHT.

SO MANY PRODUCTS AND LOTIONS. WHAT IF THEY WERE EEEEVIL?

It makes me want to write an Arrow storyline centred around tainted (or more tainted than usual) Axe Body Spray.

Only if Ollie gains superpowers by chewing Stride Gum in order to fix the situation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Superman's not involved because the show is about Supergirl.

That's like wondering why Superman doesn't show up in Gotham and beat up the Joker in every Batman story.

• Locked thread