Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

I only half paid attention but was the problem not that they were trying to keep aliens a secret from the public but that her agent sister was trying to keep her hidden from groups/agencies from finding about Cara being one and going after her (although if the agency knew about her and thus recruited her sister, then she wasn't even a secret before).

What they should have done if they wanted to play a 'aliens are a secret' angle was have the Supergirl story take place before the events of Man of Steel. Have her fight some aliens that have made it to earth for a season, and at the end have events tie into MoS. The tv message that broadcast around the world, the destruction in Metropolis, etc. Then have all her secrecy rendered pointless and continue the show with a more public profile. By then people will accustomed to them never mentioning Superman, and they can justify why the big S stays out of her town since shes already shown us/him she has the chops to protect it.

Edit: what I really found amusing was this pilot reminded me alot of the SNL Blackwidow romcom skit.

Blackchamber fucked around with this message at 10:31 on May 24, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread