Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

CapitalistPig posted:

No i didnt.

I was well aware of who was lurking.

If you think that ignoring your own anti-lurking rule to let two scum who are completely unengaged with the game lurk to victory is anything other than complete bullshit, I don't know what's wrong with you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates

Pinterest Mom posted:

Hey Pig you forgot something.

Grats Morn, you played a good game.

Thanks, good game town. I enjoyed how ridiculous the powers in this game were--I was constantly bouncing back and forth between "how can we ever win" and "how can we ever lose"--so thanks for that Pig. I think the need for like five replacements sapped a lot of momentum and probably contributed quite a bit to us winning.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Tremendous Taste posted:

Allow me to amend that by saying that dead players should not have their actions count

Players that die during the night still get their actions counted in pretty much every game.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I think overall this game was a bit broken but town played p poorly so w/e thx pig

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

CapitalistPig posted:

Players that die during the night still get their actions counted in pretty much every game.

I feel like mod kill is a bit different

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

In truth that vig counting comment was a joke

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Hey, I liked this game and really enjoyed the flavor. The PR I got really messed with me, since it was so antithetical to how I normally post and that made me kind of choke in terms of following things.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Hey pin mom

Seriously,

I don't count the OP or any non game comments I make in my postcount when I calculate who is lurking and who isn't

Also

Max had a restriction and could only do a certain amount of posts per day so he had a pass

Also

You are not including the fact that chaoslord replaced in.

Stop being a little bitch because you lost blame no one but yourself.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

It's not your obligation to mod kill them per se but I really wouldn't consider either of them contributors. I honestly forgot they were both in the game for the majority of yesterday

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
Criticisms:

1) Several of the secondary goals might have been usable to give more information than they should've
2) The way you handled lunchproof w/r/t plurality voting forced you to eventually institute majority voting, which then served to make all the restrictions on voting really punitive. Probably things would've been easier on town if you kept it plurality throughout but caused the dunk of a lunchproof player to simply end the day. Though that may have also caused some trouble for town.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
Anyway, the best part of this game was these posts in the scumdoc at the end of n1, right before I bussed Taste's kill to him:

Diqnol posted:

Also mornacle it will take more than a bus from you to fell me
I'm going to be alive in end game.
Barring any unlucky vigs or something.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Great flavor Cpig. I'm listening to the Hardcore History on WWI currently and frankly it was fun to see who you chose and what you made their powers be. It was really very clever. I'm a bit annoyed for being so wrong, as usual, because I almost thought I was getting better. Still I was right enough about hiipfire though I'd of never thought of mornacle as scum. So good job there Mornacle.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
The entire game was really lurkheavy which I apologize for contributing to.

I honestly barely posted yesterday just cause you guys were basically killing yourselves without the scum team needing to interfere.

We were basically crossing our fingers that you wouldn't figure it out, but then you lynched PMom which was weird

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Mornacale posted:

Criticisms:

1) Several of the secondary goals might have been usable to give more information than they should've
2) The way you handled lunchproof w/r/t plurality voting forced you to eventually institute majority voting, which then served to make all the restrictions on voting really punitive. Probably things would've been easier on town if you kept it plurality throughout but caused the dunk of a lunchproof player to simply end the day. Though that may have also caused some trouble for town.

See pinmom, this is how you give criticism without being a complete dick.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
Scum doc since cpig didnt link it:https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18VbYwUP_5BESSmVj4ScfOhR4Hjcu5awO9KxlafKZh78/edit?usp=docslist_api

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

You controlled my kills? That's awful

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Great flavor Cpig. I'm listening to the Hardcore History on WWI currently and frankly it was fun to see who you chose and what you made their powers be. It was really very clever. I'm a bit annoyed for being so wrong, as usual, because I almost thought I was getting better. Still I was right enough about hiipfire though I'd of never thought of mornacle as scum. So good job there Mornacle.

Same about Hardcore History. Good listen that added some to the game for me

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Sorry, here's constructive criticism.

CapitalistPig posted:

I don't count the OP or any non game comments I make in my postcount when I calculate who is lurking and who isn't
Maybe you could clarify that when you have several posters in thread speculating that Hiip is going to get modkilled? It's not fair to put it on your players to assume that the super-secret rule you've made up in your head is different from the one you actually wrote down and put in the OP.

quote:

You are not including the fact that chaoslord replaced in.

I must have confused chaoslord for the poster who posted twice in the last game day, my bad.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

Tremendous Taste posted:

You controlled my kills? That's awful

I was a 2-shot busdriver and had a 2-shot control where I could pick a player's target during a night if they targeted anyone. I busdrove Diqnol/Opop n1 just like you and Opop sort of half figured out. Then you claimed vig and I was like :getin:.

I asked you about your kill d3 because I wanted to figure out if you had more, plus I was setting up a tracker claim. It's surprisingly easy to get a track result when you pick the target. :v:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

No I mean you played it well, that's an awful combo imo

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Pinterest Mom posted:

Sorry, here's constructive criticism.

Maybe you could clarify that when you have several posters in thread speculating that Hiip is going to get modkilled? It's not fair to put it on your players to assume that the super-secret rule you've made up in your head is different from the one you actually wrote down and put in the OP.

I must have confused chaoslord for the poster who posted twice in the last game day, my bad.

Duly noted thanks.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I have no idea why MCS just didn't tell me that I would die. I would have shot Hiip instead.

I don't know if there's a way to evaluate the setup because there are too many variables. Thanks for running it. Lurking was pretty bad, shame on those players ultimately but I think some of the deathproof stuff contributed to apathy.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

we would have won, had I lived, and also had we not lost.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

is there a scumdoc. link it before they scrub it of all the personal insults

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'm reading the scum doc and I have no idea why I didn't die N3.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Max posted:

I have no idea why I didn't die.

Ixtlilton found a 1 shot doc on the previous night which he used on you.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

CapitalistPig posted:

Haha, wow, nice call Ix.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

CapitalistPig posted:

Well that was definitely not what I expected.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

The flavor in this game was awesome.

I am happy to have helped ruin it.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

MEDS CURE SCHIZOS posted:

The flavor in this game was awesome.

I am happy to have helped ruin it.

:( You used to be cool, man.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

Tremendous Taste posted:

No I mean you played it well, that's an awful combo imo

There were a lot of roles in this game that were totally broken. Two of the scum team were double-hated while there were like 4 town immune to one kind of death or another, 3 vigs, and two vengeful/bomb roles. We got really lucky that Somber vigged the bomb and then you got yourself modkilled.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

The only "complaint" I have is that if taste and I had known the lynch would jump us things would have gone a bit differently. But it's a CYOR so I'm not really going to complain about roles being weird

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Yeah I really didnt even try to balance the game, I just threw random crap together for fun

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Great game Cpig

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Should've kept with my gut, not that it would've mattered.

Edit: I was kinda assuming there were 4 scum and a 3p though, so I thought there were only 2 left.

Ixtlilton fucked around with this message at 02:39 on May 31, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Somberbrero posted:

:( You used to be cool, man.

I've never been cool.

• Locked thread