Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Turkey, 1915

TIME HQ

"Sir, Mehmed V was found in his harem with his throat slit, we fear it was intruder related."

"Dammit! this is getting out of hand! There are already signs of serious repercussions in our home year!"

A Star Wars 18 Mug disappears from the Leader of Time's desk and is replaced by an ancient Taylor Swift memorial mug,

"We've got to stop this madness!"

GG - Mehmed V - Time aligned central powers leader was killed on night 2!

You are Mehmed V!

30 years in the Harems: Your first 30 years were spent in the Harems becoming a poet once every odd numbered day you can post an original, non haiku poem in thread and bold it(given your name an original rap song is acceptable as well), you will then be effected by a random positive passive effect.

Secondary Goal: for every two allied power leaders killed in any way you will get a free 1 shot ability of your choice

Figurehead: The only problem is you had no real power and were mostly just for show. Every even numbered day you are a stump and may not vote or be voted.

You are Time Aligned and win when all intruders have been eliminated

It is now Day 3!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Well well well, Mr.Taste.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Yeah, I guess I owe you an apology

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

No, I'm sorry :canada:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'm all out of central allies now :[

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

I am so hung over :(

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
##all i can chaoslord

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

imgay posted:

##all i can chaoslord

The report is finished!

chaoslord's ROLE is

Funding: You helped fund many other countries in world war 1 , you have several 1 shot items that you may give to other players, you may not use them yourself, each night you may give one of your items away.

You have a 1 shot of each of these, dayvig, nightvig,BP,LP, Doc,Bodyguard,Busdrive,Redirect,Lightning Rod,Absorber

Give them away wisely

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Not to play against the mod but that's the towniest role ever.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Oh right roles are made before alignments, wow me.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

I feel better about Mornacale since talking to him yesterday, today we should kill pmom. Their post about Taste changing his claim being a good enough reason to vote for him in the context of how that whole thing happened was really super horribly bad and scum man. I am hung over today though and can't vote.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hey Chaoslord, mind stating what you have given away?

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates
Taste, did you try to kill Opop again or what?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Ixtlilton posted:

I feel better about Mornacale since talking to him yesterday, today we should kill pmom. Their post about Taste changing his claim being a good enough reason to vote for him in the context of how that whole thing happened was really super horribly bad and scum man. I am hung over today though and can't vote.

Being single minded on Taste doesn't make Pmom seem like scum and between the 2 I'd rather vote taste. Did he try to kill Opop (again)? That's incredibly fishy.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
imgay, why did you cop chaoslord instead of Taste? Why did you rolecop instead of alignment? (There's an obvious guess but you know what they say about assuming.)

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Mornacale posted:

Taste, did you try to kill Opop again or what?

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Did he try to kill Opop (again)? That's incredibly fishy.

Why do you think Taste tried to kill Opop idgi

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Opopanax posted:

Well well well, Mr.Taste.

Tremendous Taste posted:

Yeah, I guess I owe you an apology

Because of this exchange.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Isn't that because Taste was skeptical of Opop's deathproof bouncing to the 2nd vote leader, but Taste's deathproof working the same way?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Certainly could be actually. Hadn't thought of that at all. Knowing that makes me a lot less bloodthirsty.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Pinterest Mom posted:

Isn't that because Taste was skeptical of Opop's deathproof bouncing to the 2nd vote leader, but Taste's deathproof working the same way?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Yep

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

##vote hiip

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

imgay posted:

Hey Chaoslord, mind stating what you have given away?

I gave it to Opop but I'll leave it up to them to claim the actual item if they want or not

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

He did, and I really can't see a scum motivation for doing so

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
:ghost:I wrote this yesterday for today, I guess I was right!:ghost:

quote:

Turncoats and traitors, woe to my people.
Corpses in craters, far from church steeples.
Holy wars, the punishment due. False truths,
Genocide, woe, exterminated youths.
Racial supremacy, a divine right.
So say our leaders, who must prove their might.
On the horizon, imminent defeat,
the end of my life, a return to teats.
:zombie: Good luck Time-Aligned :zombie:

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My investigation shows 1 random part of a players role pm. If you noticed, I've used the same day action for all the results. Since my action is random, its way easier to confirm town then scum.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

chatting in the allied doc is pretty lovely now if it literally only excludes taste :v:

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

Pinterest Mom posted:

Why do you think Taste tried to kill Opop idgi

I was perturbed that he didn't kill anyone and wanted to see if he'd say something weird; maybe I'm off in my read of how Taste would play a vig.

Am I understanding that you no longer think he's scum?

I'm leaning toward voting Hiip, I'm going to re-read and see if I feel the same way after. Reminder that they're double-hated.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I just had the one.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also a reminder, Hiipfire hates fun.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Pinterest Mom posted:

chatting in the allied doc is pretty lovely now if it literally only excludes taste :v:

But it's so much easier.

So to be open and fair: I revealed in the ally doc that I have a day-vig and was considering using it on taste when I thought that he had tried to kill Opop. Now that Pmom points out this other angle I'm not as keen on it.

A double hated scum seems like a lovely role to have and I don't doubt that those players would just balk and hardly play in such an easily defeated role. But what would hiip do with such a role, buckle or go out kicking and screaming? How is it that we've lost so many players but managed to nail two scum but now can't find any more of them?

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Role is independent of alignment in this game though. You could have the towniest role and still be scum in this setup.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

is everybody else's role in the template of

-one plus
-one secondary goal
-one disadvantage

why does taste get a vig and a deathproof?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

(11 left)

Yeah, I have a role, disadvantage, and a goal of ridding us of central players which will give me a random boon.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Test it out if you don't believe

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

(It's because I picked the best person)

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

did you claim a disadvantage

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

imgay posted:

Role is independent of alignment in this game though. You could have the towniest role and still be scum in this setup.

Oh I'm well aware of that. I'm just trying to figure out what hiip/anyone would do with a double-hated scum role because it's a horrible mix of things.

Pinterest Mom posted:

is everybody else's role in the template of

-one plus
-one secondary goal
-one disadvantage

why does taste get a vig and a deathproof?

I have my role and the 2nd goal but I wouldn't call my 3rd point a disadvantage, more like a stipulation.

Tremendous Taste posted:

Test it out if you don't believe

If you have a vig couldn't you just shoot yourself for us?

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

100YrsofAttitude posted:

If you have a vig couldn't you just shoot yourself for us?
can you even do that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Yeah taste is lying about using a vig on opop and I don't think he's deathproof more than once ##vote taste

• Locked thread