Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates
Put me down as a replacement, if one of my current games ends before this fills I'll upgrade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
Hello I am Razor Ramon let's win the game and the war imo. Just posting here to confirm that I exist and got my role, now I have a lot of catching up to do (after dinner).

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
Okay I caught up. I'm phoneposting so I'll write more when I get online but right now I want to do a ##vote WWM, I gather we're near deadline and that one post was very much the strongest scum vibe I got from my read.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

Somberbrero posted:

an implication that opop is lying about being deathproof

town would argue that they would be wasting a day if they were actually deathproof.

I read that as exactly the implication of his post.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
okay, reads on everyone in the game to get me fully in the flow:

Asiina - getting a strong scum vibe here folks
BottleKnight - unusually passive, will be watching closely
HiipFire - defended Asiina early, switched opinions about where I did; otherwise, he's Being HiipFire
imgay - mostly posting random irrelevant stuff, so probably town; role seems scummy though; could conceivably be the source of the mystery anonymous vote, though?
Max - on the money w/r/t Ghostly Gangsta's ridiculous "Hitler needs to survive" thing, also Strong Mouse's desire to murder Central powers; then he hard-defended Asiina; now he's voting for Opop for also defending Asiina??
Opop - defended Asiina but it also seemed genuine to me idk I don't love the bandwagon on him
PMom - right about Asiina
Quidnose - 12-vote restriction would be very handy for scum, I have role reasons to believe or disbelieve it; basically has done nothing but talk about this vote restriction, very scummy
Slamburger - did nothing but lurk and then pop in for a last-minute bandwagon vote, very scummy
Strong Mouse - lurker, wanted to kill Central powers without regard for alignment to get a power

GG - "Hitler must survive" thing was totally bogus but in a way that felt genuine to me
Diqnol - I was pretty skeptical of him because I felt like Asiina's jokevote could have been a distancing ploy, and he seemed to be criticizing her but not really wanting to dunk her; but I think his content has been good, especially picking up on the WWM post I hated so much
Gulag - being a traitor makes me nervous; said something about a Revolution, if he's Russia I could see a 3P role? jumped on the Asiina bandwagon in a weird way, could be Gulag Bein Gulag, could be a bus; comes off the best in his interaction with WWM
MCS - bad vote for Somberbrero, bad support for Asiina, weird post criticizing a vote for him; very scummy
Somberbrero - he's town
Tremendous Taste - two weird posts about setup, otherwise not contributing
WWM - bad scum kill kill kill

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
Hi so here's a thing. We know that Diqnol was the anonymous vote on PMom yesterday and that he was scum. I want to say that clears PMom, since why the eff would you bus with an anonymous vote. However, this post bothers me:

Pinterest Mom posted:

the anonymous vote has to be scum, right?

In my experience this is exactly the type of pointless setup speculation that scum love to do based on having extra knowledge. I actually originally went searching for this post under the assumption that it was someone else and I'd get to say "PMom is town, [bad guy] is not" but now I don't know what to believe. Mods?!

But seriously, do either of these lines of thought make sense to anyone? Should we be treating PMom as more suspicious, less suspicious, or same amount suspicious?

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
Tremendous Taste more like Tremendously Bad Vote

(I would do a tremendously good vote in this post but I have a voting restriction to day.)

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

Somberbrero posted:

Okay. I have a plan. I need everyone to agree that the flavor teams are a distraction. Allied v. Central does not matter. Once we agree on that, we can go forward.

I feel fairly sure this is true, except insofar as we can manipulate them to fulfill the secondary objectives of town.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
Could someone, anyone, please comment on my belief that Tremendous Taste's Opop vote today was really bad? He was voting someone (who we now know to be town) solely on the basis of being deathproof, after they claimed deathproof, immediately after finishing a game with a town deathproof. Am I missing something?

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
Would definitely vote MCS now.

I think I mentioned it earlier, but I'm too stubborn to change my votes on even-numbered days, so I'm just posting about the players I would like to be voting so I don't unwisely lock in.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

Tremendous Taste posted:

I haven't been reading the thread

Jesus Christ, kill this guy.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
Pig can I please have a new power that lets me vig the next person that says "oops I got confused and actually my claim was totally wrong"?

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

Tremendous Taste posted:

anyway if i'm told in real time when i lose my powers we could use this to town advantage

GG+I vote taste as confirmed non-allies

4 allies votes, taste is at -2

next vote is effectively a cop

This doesn't make any sense to me, could you explain more? Or do you just mean a cop for Allied/Central allegiance, which isn't a secret to anyone as far as I know?

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
I don't understand how it would be impossible to dunk Taste without his consent, there are like 10 living Allies.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
fake e: ^^^ That's interesting, because I just learned that I never pressed Submit on this post:

So way back when I did a list post when I replaced in that pointed out Slamburger did nothing all d1 and then popped in at the end for a no-explanation vote on Opopanax. Then he got replaced by Ixtlilton and I kind of forgot about them for a while. Well, folks, I just went back and checked and every one of Ixtlilton's posts is a white noise one-liner that's sort of tangentially connected to the game but never contributes to alignment discussion besides lukewarm town reads.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

Ixtlilton posted:

How long did you have your browser open with that in a tab? Like a day?

Like half an hour, I ate lunch and came back and hit reply on your post to write "I imagine you do now that I called you scum" then I scrolled down and went "wait where is my post where I called him scum??"

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
Aww, I want to read it. :smith:

I don't know if it's annoying everyone to keep having to read "if I could reasonably vote I would blah blah" but I would be unvoting here (assuming my other post came with a vote).

I think even though Taste's play has been gross, with at least a cop in play there's no reason to try to kill a claimed deathproof. Ixt's right that me wanting to kill him for bad play without considering his alignment is itself bad play.

HiipFire has definitely been lurky, Quidnose hasn't posted anything today whatsoever I believe. I know I didn't like Quid yesterday, and Hiip defended Asiina for a while, so I don't think either of those would necessarily be bad votes.

I'm puzzled by Max's posting in the Allied doc. For those of you not in it/not reading it, he's been pushing the idea of voting no-lunch today, with the alternatives of either trying to use Taste as an Eccocop (which I'm pretty positive won't work) or just killing Central powers. He seems to back off when someone challenges him, I honestly can't tell if he's just tossing out ideas or actually trying to see if we'll do something stupid. I can quote the whole exchange if one of the people who can't read it cares. Or maybe I can't, is it allowed to quote from a mason doc?

Maybe if I just keep making this post longer and longer eventually I'll actually have a strong read on someone. :v:

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

Pinterest Mom posted:

oh my god kill taste

why

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

Max posted:

(6 Posts left)

I don't know how serious he was, but Morn just offered his vote up to imgay, and that's all sorts of hosed up.

0 serious

But I would legitimately like to know who imgay would be voting and not just skate by repeating that he can't vote over and over.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
Between his desire to kill Asiina and not being too self-conscious to push that bizarre "keep Hitler alive" thing, I have a hard time seeing GG as scum. Unfortunately, he's not alone in contributing less than he could, which trend we're going to have to reverse tomorrow.

Anyway, I think it's late enough that I can go ahead and ##vote Quidnose

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
If there's enough people online we should test out what the deal is with Taste and Opop by getting Taste above Quid but without 5 Allies voting him.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
Taste, did you try to kill Opop again or what?

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
imgay, why did you cop chaoslord instead of Taste? Why did you rolecop instead of alignment? (There's an obvious guess but you know what they say about assuming.)

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

Pinterest Mom posted:

Why do you think Taste tried to kill Opop idgi

I was perturbed that he didn't kill anyone and wanted to see if he'd say something weird; maybe I'm off in my read of how Taste would play a vig.

Am I understanding that you no longer think he's scum?

I'm leaning toward voting Hiip, I'm going to re-read and see if I feel the same way after. Reminder that they're double-hated.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

Pinterest Mom posted:

is everybody else's role in the template of

-one plus
-one secondary goal
-one disadvantage

why does taste get a vig and a deathproof?

GulagDolls was a 2-shot cop, 2-shot doc; I'm also a 2-shot [something], 2-shot [something else]. But everything seems to be in sets of two, I'm really suspicious of a 1-shot claim unless someone else has one also. ##vote Tremendous Taste

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

Tremendous Taste posted:

mornacle you operate in a binary system of truth and lie without considering it might be more advantageous for me to hide the fact I still have a vig

I operate in the system where a player that I already don't trust lying about nightkills is bad.

Pinterest Mom posted:

i have a 1 shot claim

##unvote

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

Pinterest Mom posted:

he didn't that i can see

but he did claim X-shot deathproof, he should be able to tell us if he lost a shot n1

This may not be true, in TNG I wasn't told when I lost shots of my deathproof. But then, having just played TNG is why it makes no sense to me for town-Taste to try to vig Opop n1.

Tremendous Taste posted:

lying isn't bad

Your inability to understand why someone might have a problem with you specifically lying about your ability to kill at night specifically suggests that you either lack empathy or are committed to misunderstanding my position.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

Pinterest Mom posted:

it's this one

I'm really puzzled why you say this and imply Taste is town, yet you are still voting him. If you actually think he is scum, shouldn't you be trying to convince me?

Tremendous Taste posted:

Tell me why as scum I would conceivably lie about the vig or having another? What purpose would it serve me?

Then do the same for town.

Which seems most plausible?

Are you seriously asking what purpose it would serve for a scum to lie about the source of their ability to kill at night? Do you think you're going to convince me that lying about nightkills is a town tell, or that "self-serving" is a descriptor of pro-town play?

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

Tremendous Taste posted:

Explain to me how my hypothetical Lie could help Scum

All play is self-serving, regardless of alignment

I was casting doubt on whether your play last night was consistent with your claimed role, you adjusted your claim such that it would address my doubts. This shifts suspicion off of you. I also don't believe it's helpful for a town under suspicion to lie about their ability/decision to kill at night, since it's extremely likely to lead to a bad dunk later on if they're revealed to be lying. It is also possible you are a third party who wants to seem towny enough to survive the vote but powerless enough to survive at night!

Self-serving play by definition puts your desires above the good of your team, and therefore no self-serving play is good unless you're a 3P.

imgay, I'd still like to know why you didn't investigate Taste today.

Pinterest Mom posted:

I didn't actually believe that, I was just ribbing Taste.

Okay so why is he scum? I'm really unclear on what exactly you think his actions have been, what role he has, and what he's lying about.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
##vote Tremendous Taste

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

Pinterest Mom posted:

I want to kill Hiip. He's been useless.

Which is his town game, but also his scum game, and I don't want him to be there are the end when our decisions count.

HiipFire is currently in line for modkill/replacement if he doesn't post about 10 times in the next 10 hours.

100Years, I can see your case, and thinking about it harder the claim of having no vote would be extremely convenient for that kind of lurky scum play. Given that it's an objectively worse disadvantage than my own, it's easy for me to doubt it's real. But do you actually think he's a better dunk today than Taste, or do you just want to get discussion going?

Two people, if I remember correctly, have claimed to be unable to vote today. Assuming no self-votes, we're going to need to be practically unanimous to get a dunk today at all.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
In the interest of achieving said unanimity, here are all the players not currently voting Taste (or being Taste):

HiipFire
imgay
Max
Ixtlilton
100years

I'd like to know why each of these people is currently not voting Taste, and what it would take for them to change their decision. If the votes are absolutely not there for him to get dunked today, then we need to change our focus ASAP.

Also, is there actually any case on PMom, or is it just Taste doing an OMGUS? This is a serious question, if I'm missing something please let me know, but I consider PMom one of the townier players left.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
mafia e: Apparently part of my question was answered while I was posting. Thanks 100.

Tremendous Taste posted:

Can I have support for putting pmom second?

It doesn't matter, dunks are majority now so even if you survive the second-place finisher will not die.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

Tremendous Taste posted:

That's not a safe assumption to make

It also doesn't matter because if town really has only 8 votes today, and it requires 6 of them to dunk you, then assuming there's anyone who doesn't get a vote in you have sole control over who comes in second.

So I mean sure I guess I support your plan insofar as I have no ability to change it.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

imgay posted:

I can't vote

If you could vote, it would have been on Taste the whole time?

What do you think of his case on PMom?

What do you think of 100's case on you?

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

Tremendous Taste posted:

I haven't cased pmom, his posting is self evident

Apparently not.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

Pinterest Mom posted:

it's not going to be taste
##vote 100yrs

How is it more likely to be 100, where you need a whole ton of people to join your vote, than Taste, where we need(ed) two? You've been pushing Taste for days, why aren't you trying to get HiipFire/Max/100Years to vote for him?

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

Pinterest Mom posted:

Assume Taste and I are both town and 100yrs is scum and reread his engagement on the Taste/I argument. This morning he's positioning himself as having known all along we were both town, this evening he's pushing a chain dunk on me if Taste flips town and backing away from the plain meaning of his post after being called on it.

I'm now more confident 100yrs is scum than Taste, I think he should be dunked instead, and that's why I changed my vote.

It's weird. I don't agree with this take on 100's morning, and I'm tempted to suggest you're being disingenuous...but on the other hand re-reading them has made them feel like scum to me.

Before they replaced in, their predecessor only stopped lurking in order to push for killing Central Powers without regard to their alignment. Then 100Yrs came in and has cased Ghastly Gangsta, MCS, and Quidnose, all of whom have flipped town. Now they seem like they don't really care who they kill, for instance they've made a few posts indicating that they think Taste is town but keep promising to basically vote him for information.

I'd vote either Taste or 100Yrs today. Or HiipFire, but I think they're still going to just die for free.

If we do go for 100Years and they flip scum, tomorrow needs to include a hard look at imgay I think. The way they voted for imgay with no expectation that it could actually lead to anything, and immediately offered to jump back off to pretty much any other viable lunch target, makes me think they don't honestly want a dunk there. Plus, the whole case is based on lack of content, which is the easiest case to rescind if the target just posts a little more or makes a case on someone or whatever.

100Yrs, can you explain why you think being bulletproof makes Taste more town?

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
Actually, in general, 100Yrs what do you think Taste has claimed his role to be? What actual role do you believe he has? Would you answers to either of these questions have been different before you used your vig on him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

Max posted:

(10) If you read the alliance doc you know why I've been disengaged the last few days.

I don't think Taste is scum, though that's an old discussion.

##vote PMom

I know this flies in the face of what I said yesterday, but after re-reading our discussion with Asiina on D1 in the allied doc, I keep coming back to him blithely offering MCS or Opop as possible lynch targets after going hard on Asiina for a while, when it seemed like I wasn't going to vote for her at the time.

Super lazy reasoning, but I'm loving wiped right now. I'll be around.

What do you think of 100Yrs? What do you think of imgay? Would you be willing to vote Taste if necessary to prevent a no-dunk?

Honestly, if it's an actual priority for us to dunk someone today, I think it would be best if everyone would just post a list of people they WANT to vote, and a list of people they WOULDN'T vote (or would rather no-lunch than vote), and maybe an ordering of the people in the middle. Then we could figure out what actually matches the preferences of the most players. Otherwise, I'm worried the day's going to end in a bunch of us chasing each others' tails trying to actually get the last few votes on a bandwagon that we don't even necessarily like.

Here's my lists, with my most preferred votes toward the front:
Prefer to vote: Tremendous Taste, 100Yrs, or HiipFire
Would vote: Max, imgay, PMom, Ixtlilton
Won't vote today: chaoslord, Opop, myself

• Locked thread