Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

rchandra posted:

Do I really have 4 cards in my deck? I had 7 before last turn, gained 2, then drew 7 cards.

It's 2, not quite sure where I got 4 from. I'll fix it up.

Istvun posted:

e: I just realized that resistances might not let me do this. Assuming that's the case:

This is correct - the rules state 'cards or unit abilities that cost [appropriate] color of mana'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

A better world is just $69.69 away.

Soiled Meat

Stelas posted:

This is correct - the rules state 'cards or unit abilities that cost [appropriate] color of mana'.

drat, that second way makes me use a goodcard

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

quote:

Improv for movement, discarding Promise Play Swiftness for the last bit and assault the green city.

This is only 5 movement - you need 7, unless you're burning a second red crystal. Or using your skills I guess which is why most people mention them in their posts!!

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

Soiled Meat

Stelas posted:

Improv for movement, discarding Promise Play Swiftness for the last bit and assault the green city.

This is only 5 movement - you need 7, unless you're burning a second red crystal.

I use Forward March! and Spirit Guides. Sorry for not making that clear.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

I'm not too worried, it's kinda dumb of me to forget at this point as well - it's just that checking people's turns gets exponentially harder when cities get involved.

Krang levels, polishes off the green city, and gains a command token.

It is Wolfhawk's turn. Wolfhawk has a CO but we're kind of at the point where I don't want to trust COs because the game is moving that fast, so I will wait for confirmation.

Arythea (rchandra) - 6+2 hand, 2 deck, 1 keep.
Krang (Istvun) - 7 hand, 0 deck, 2 keeps.
Wolfhawk (Gutter Owl) - 6+1 hand, 12 deck, 1 keep.
Norowas (Bubble-T) - 6 hand, 13 deck, 1 keep.
Unit Offer | Fame Tracker | City Status

Stelas fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Jun 12, 2015

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl
Polarize black die into gold, play Tranquility to draw 2 cards.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Hand updated.

e: Jesus, what a draw.

Stelas fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Jun 12, 2015

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

Aha. Ahaha. AhahahahHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Play Stamina for Move 2, Assault red city.

Play Horn of Wrath for Siege 5. Crack red crystal, play Maximal Effect (powered) to play and trash Force of Nature (powered x2) for Siege 6, +1 for Deadly Aim (12 total). Kill both Gunners.

Crack red crystal, activate Catapults for Siege Fire 5. Kill Gargoyles.

Crack blue crystal, play Determination for Block 5. Activate Monks for Block 3 (8 total). Block Sorceror.

Activate Wolf's Howl, play Improvisation (sideways Wolf's Howl) for Attack 6. Kill Gunner. Conquer city.

Total: -2 red crystals, -1 blue crystal, trash Force of Nature, -1 rep (snrk), and maybe a wound. +23 Fame.

Trigger final round of game. Drop mic. Wolfhawk out.

gutterdaughter fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Jun 12, 2015

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

Didn't even have to sacrifice the Horn.

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

Soiled Meat
How do you block the gunner with 8 block? I don't get that part.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

Stelas posted:

be aware that Gutter Owl may just suddenly swoop by and dunk your score like a nerdy Batman.

The prophecy has come true! :pray:

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

Istvun posted:

How do you block the gunner with 8 block? I don't get that part.

You're right, I can't block the Gunner with 8 block, because Fire. But I can instead kill both Gunners in the Siege phase, block the Sorceror, and kill him with Wolf's Howl. So fixed.

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

Stelas posted:

Wow that is a jerk move. And here Arythea was thinking we wouldn't get to Round 6.

Clearly the next game will be a co-op, with a level 44 Megopolis and a similar Volkare.

Durendal
Jan 25, 2008

Who made you God to say
"I'll take your sheep from you?"

rchandra posted:

Clearly the next game will be a co-op, with a level 44 Megopolis and a similar Volkare.

Please?

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

You know, I've got a funny feeling I've seen this all before.
What are the rules regarding end of game in PvP anyway?

Also I accuse Stelas of rigging things to make the prediction come true :tinfoil:

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

We each get one more turn. Including Wolfhawk. We can't attack each other (not that we could anyway).

Now that I'm at lowest fame, use Motivation to draw my last cards and get a red token.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Bubble-T posted:

What are the rules regarding end of game in PvP anyway?

Also I accuse Stelas of rigging things to make the prediction come true :tinfoil:

Man, have you seen how many cards Wolfhawk added to her deck? If you didn't see that city getting slaughtered, I don't know what to tell you.

The interesting thing is whether it'll make up for not getting any points from the other cities.

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

This is such a bad time for the game to end from my perspective it's actually funny.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Wolfhawk's Horn roll is a red - she gains a Wound and levels as she takes control of the red city.

It is Norowas' turn.

Arythea (rchandra) - 6+2 hand, 2 deck, 1 keep.
Wolfhawk (Gutter Owl) - 7+2 hand, 5 deck, 1 keep, End of Game triggered!
Norowas (Bubble-T) - 6 hand, 13 deck, 1 keep.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

Fame tracker needs updated. I should be at 87, yes?

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

........ whoops that's Arythea's token

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

Gutter Owl posted:

Fame tracker needs updated. I should be at 87, yes?

No I took all your fame and I'm not giving it back.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

I'll run Arythea's motivation start of her turn, by the by.

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

Sorry for the delay, lots of baby stuff going on!

Play Swiftness for 2 move, Determination and Threaten for 2 more, move to the blue city. Play In Need for 6 influence and buy Mind Read with a white die. Heal my Golems. Because that's worth a point or something, right?

That's it, end my turn. Shake hands with Arythea.

edit: Realized I don't need to use the thugs.

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

Hi, Norowas! Sorry about the wounds, I'm a bear when I'm injured and who knows who I'll hurt. I was annoyed you took freezers from my city but I just dedicated myself to magic and religion instead, we've had enough of war.

red mana token and final cards from Motivation - assuming they are March + Wound:
Invocation (Rage) for green token
Underground Travel (green token) to move NE-E-E
Improvisation (red token) discard Agility, move 5, SE to the altar
Fire Mages for red crystal + token.
Offering (red token), discard Concentration March Determination for RGGB crystals
Mana Claim (die*) taking the white die to get WWW to power the altar
end turn

final crystals: RRR GGG B* WWW

*being optimistic. Use blue crystal if there's no blue/gold die. sadly no other die helps unless I'm mistaken about the cards I draw.

rchandra fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Jun 13, 2015

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

I guess we're back? Also, Brazilian BBQ is good.

Arythea successfully finds a gold die in the source.

It is Krang's final turn.

FINAL TURNS

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

Soiled Meat
Use whatever red is available (Concentration if nothing in the source helps) to Ruthless Coercion and ready the usual. Use skills + Swiftness to move NW to the glade and explore.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

One last 'gently caress you!' from the game.

FINAL TURNS
Krang (Istvun) - 5 hand, 0 deck, 2 keeps.

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

Soiled Meat
Stamina to explore again. If there's something with one attack I can fight, challenge it and use the banner for a fame. Otherwise, heal with the familiars and glade to dump all these nasty wounds.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Krang heals up.

(There's actually no tile that would have satisfied this - the other remaining countryside tile has a monastery and a dungeon on the bottom edge rather than any monsters.)

FINAL TURNS

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

The red rerolled to a blue.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

By CO:

Wolfhawk posted:

Polarize black die into gold. Play Concentration (powered) to play Ritual Attack (powered+2) throwing away Mana Draw for Range Fire Attack 4, +2 from Concentration, +1 from Deadly Aim. Shoot Ice Dragon, get 8 fame to round out the game.

The game is over! Final status post in a short while.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

People used both In Need and Ritual Attack for their stated purposes. Truly a high-level game.

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

Stelas posted:

People used both In Need and Ritual Attack for their stated purposes. Truly a high-level game.

I was so close to making In Need look good twice. Not enough PvP experience :(

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

FINAL SCORES

Map

Fame

Scoring

Scoring posted:

Take your Fame.
Cities - 7 points for each city leader. 4 if you helped. Winner of this category gets a bonus 5, 2 if tied.
Knowledge - 1 point per Advanced Action. 2 points per Spell. Winner gets 3, 1 if tied.
Loot - 1 point per pair of Crystals. 2 points per Artifact. Winner gets 3, 1 if tied.
Leader - Score Fame equal to each Unit's level, halved if wounded. Winner gets 3, 1 if tied.
Conqueror - Score 2 per monastery, mage tower, or keep taken. Winner gets 3, 1 if tied.
Adventurer - Score 2 per adventure site i.e. ruins, dungeons, etc. Winner gets 3, 1 if tied.
Beating - Lose 2 per Wound. 'Winner' gets an extra -3, -1 if tied.

Arythea (rchandra)
  • 77 Fame
  • Cities - 7
  • Knowledge - 14 + 3
  • Loot - 7
  • Leader - 7
  • Conqueror - 6
  • Adventurer - 6
  • Beating - -2
Norowas (Bubble-T)
  • 75 Fame
  • Cities - 11 + 2
  • Knowledge - 11
  • Loot - 4
  • Leader - 12 + 3
  • Conqueror - 4
  • Adventurer - 8 + 1
  • Beating - -8 - 3
Wolfhawk (Gutter Owl)
  • 95 Fame
  • Cities - 7
  • Knowledge - 11
  • Loot - 9 + 3
  • Leader - 5
  • Conqueror - 8 + 1
  • Adventurer - 8 + 1
  • Beating - -6
Krang (Istvun)
  • 83 Fame
  • Cities - 11 + 2
  • Knowledge - 8
  • Loot - 5
  • Leader - 11
  • Conqueror - 8 + 1
  • Adventurer - 4
  • Beating - 0
Final Scores

Norowas (Bubble-T) - 120
Arythea (rchandra) - 125
Krang (Istvun) - 133
Wolfhawk (Gutter Owl) - 142

Congratulations to all the players, and thanks for being such good sports and rabid responders that we managed to get through in, oh, about 5 weeks! It's a really tiny spread for Mage Knight and that's a pretty respectable set of scores. Everyone lapped the Fame board, and that's what counts most.

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

Thanks for running the game Stelas, was a great experience!

Well played everyone :)

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

Soiled Meat
I did a lot better than I'd thought I did. The abusing Magic Familiars plan was a lot better than I'd thought and I'll need to try that more often. I almost wonder if I should have gone with my earlier plan of deliberately leaving the green city until the night.

If only wolfhawk hadn't been running around me for the early game grabbing everything I wanted! Also thank you stelas for putting up with all of our hassles.

e: vvvv Yeah, that's basically where I ended up.

Istvun fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Jun 13, 2015

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

Istvun posted:

I almost wonder if I should have gone with my earlier plan of deliberately leaving the green city until the night.

Considering I still had Mist Form in the deck, I still could have cleared the green city myself after taking the red city. Or Norowas could have polished it off himself. I think you made the right call in the situation.

I can't really call this one anything but astounding luck. Pulling the Horn of Wrath early in the game, grabbing Maximal Effect off the flop, and then drawing both Maximal Effect and Horn of Wrath with Tranquility on that second-to-last turn. Heart of the loving cards, I swear.

My CO to Stelas was just to Tranquility a wound and pitch my hand (save for Force of Nature). But I was terrified that, if I left the city for another turn, Norowas could use Song of Wind/Prayer of Weather to swoop in and steal the city out from under my nose. I still could've staked my two-shield claim on the red city if the Tranq draw was mediocre, but I'd have taken more wounds, probably secured Worst Beating, and might have lost a couple enemies to Norowas anyways.

Thanks to everyone for a tense game! And thanks again to Stelas for letting me play in three consecutive Mage Knight PbPs.

gutterdaughter fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Jun 13, 2015

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

Thanks everybody for being great players / moderators. The game speed was amazing for PbP, especially considering we can't roll our own dice/enemies like they sometimes do on BGG. Stelas for King! The frequent updates and the detailed round summaries were both fantastic.

It would have been kind of nice to explode some things with all those spells in the final night, but I didn't have a good source of black mana. (A wound-on-demand AA like Blood Ritual could do double duty, with Invocation)

Stelas, you commented at the end of round 3 that you had something to say about our play later. What was that?

Congratulations Gutter Owl. You had hype to live up to and you did, can you keep it up the next time?

rchandra fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Jun 13, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Did horn of wrath get a nerf in lost legion?

Because, while ridiculous at siege 5 in this game, it lets you get up to siege 12 (yes 12) in my base game. Like its 6 base for one roll of the die to determine if you get a wound, with the option to push your luck all the way to 12.

It's completely broken.

• Locked thread