Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
porkchop_express
May 27, 2004
tell me your story raggedy man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004

i cannot stop watching this.

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp
last few seconds of the trailer outdid the fabled Titanic propeller bounce

Kernel Monsoon
Jul 18, 2006

esn2500 posted:

how violent is it op

MAD MAX: FURY ROAD posted:

Rated R (for intense sequences of violence throughout, and for disturbing images)

:wiggle:

aioli is just mayo
Aug 14, 2003

He has only forbidden to you dead animals, blood, the flesh of swine, and that which has been dedicated to other than Allah . But whoever is forced by necessity, neither desiring it nor transgressing its limit, there is no sin upon him. Indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful

Thunder Mug posted:

Going to see it tomorrow night at the drive in. super excited. I'm just sad that my car isn't anywhere near as cool as any of the ones in the movie.

My drive in doesn't have it yet but if it warrants a repeat viewing I'll see it there drive ins dope af

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005
I had a nervous breakdown and quit my job but I'm still going to see this movie

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
for a fun game count the number of cars that explode and/or flip in the trailer alone

now multiply that by the film's running time and I guarantee the result will be awesome

the only reason they couldn't call it "mad max: poo poo blows up and/or flips over" is that theaters don't usually have / signs for their marquee and they still remember with hot shame the face/off debacle

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004

Howard Beale posted:

for a fun game count the number of cars that explode and/or flip in the trailer alone

now multiply that by the film's running time and I guarantee the result will be awesome

the only reason they couldn't call it "mad max: poo poo blows up and/or flips over" is that theaters don't usually have / signs for their marquee and they still remember with hot shame the face/off debacle

woo

,john

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

Neukoln19 posted:

I had a nervous breakdown and quit my job but I'm still going to see this movie

lol

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005

It's funny but it's not a joke

never seen again
Jan 25, 2008

porkchop_express posted:

i cannot stop watching this.

Everytime you watch it you see something new.

First must-see movie of the year.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
so i get high before the movie y/n?

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004

Dyna Soar posted:

schroom before

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Already have tickets bought for tomorrow night.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Dyna Soar posted:

Only if it's the fabled bath salts. Also bring bags of sand to spread around your feet and wear your best BDSM outfit for ambiance.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

porkchop_express posted:

schroom before

none available + in my experience they're best had when not in a crowd

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004
go back in time to the 80s and do a bunch of loods and watch the original nd it'll appear to you as the new one

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Should i go see this movie tonight y/n ?

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

A misanthrope posted:

i want to see it really bad

Same, but first I want to see the first 3 in order.

AdolfHitler
Mar 21, 2009
really bad movie

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
movie: really entertaining and good

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Should I see this in 3d? Usually 3d is poo poo but occasionally it actually adds something.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Bold Robot posted:

Should I see this in 3d? Usually 3d is poo poo but occasionally it actually adds something.

Yes.

This isn't even a question.

Hell I'mma find an IMAX and watch it in RealD.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Bold Robot posted:

Do you usually hate 3D ? Then don't

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Bold Robot posted:

Just got back from watching it in 3D. I'm going to see it again in 2D because I think it'll look better and this movie is loving gorgeous to behold. I want to catch every little detail as there's just so much going on during the action scenes... Personally, 3D is nah.

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:
yeah this is the first movie I'm gonna see in the cinema for maybe 10+ years.

I don't even remember the last film I went to. I only remember the beautiful popcorn and the people whose job it was to not stop talking throughout the whole movie.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Bold Robot posted:

Patton Oswalt posted:

I saw FURY ROAD tonight in 2-D and I got dick-punched in dicks I didn't know I had. I can't even imagine what 3-D is like.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Moridin920 posted:

on a scale of 1 to 10 how how feminist propaganda was there?

charlize leads maxy around by a dick on his leash and calls him a dog only useful for opening jars and stepping on bugs

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

this is metal af

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Bold Robot posted:

No, George Miller said you shouldn't also the cinematography and setting is just too amazing to watch with darkened and poopy 3D display.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Seriously, DO NOT watch it in 3D, there's literally only one shot that was obviously designed for it and it seems he threw it in there because he had to or something.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Also Patton Oswalt is a stupid loving bitch idiot moron who I hate very much and should seriously shut his stupid loving god drat mouth, I swear that idiot is like the loving dumb retard who has to pipe in with his stupid bitch opinion and worthless attempt to be funny, just like the fat kid you always knew in highschool, what a shame, what a loving disgrace, someone remove this human stain from my sight.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
saw it in 3d and am thinking of going again to see it in standard

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Darkman Fanpage posted:

saw it in 3d and am thinking of going again to see it in standard

Too late, you hosed up.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
no ill go really baked next time

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
This is an amazing movie and it's like you stepped back in time to the 1980's.

It's what Tron 2 wished it could be.

wane tendo
Mar 19, 2005

Buglord

A misanthrope posted:

holy poo poo this movie has 99% on rotten tomatoes

Only registered members can see post attachments!

danthechainsawman
May 15, 2015
Been waiting for this film to come out forever. Now I can happily die in a pile of used condoms and rusty needles after imbibing a quart of rubbing alcohol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Movie is loving nuts, go watch it.

• Locked thread