Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I
I'd be super into a SMAC game :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

razorrozar posted:

Kleedrac you keep ending up in the same games as me :arghfist::tinfoil:

(j/k you're a cool dude. good to see you)

Wait Razor's in this game?! Now I super-want in ;)

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I
Role PM confirmed. I haven't played SMAC in quite a while but Beyond Earth seems like the spiritual successor without some of the awesome flavor so I'm happy to revisit Alpha Centauri :)

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

Gough Suppressant posted:

if this is in regards to delaying the start to monday so I could play boardgames all yesterday: I regret nothing
if this is in regards to following Melbourne: I regret everything
if this is in regards to something else: :shrug:

Which board games? Note incorrect answers will result in you being voted by me :v:

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

Gough Suppressant posted:

Suburbia and X-Com, with a Mount Your Friends break in between

Holy crap - I own several dozen games and you somehow have games which don't overlap at all - very cool and you are safe from me (for the remainder of the joke phase)

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

Asphyxious posted:

I'm alright then.

Kleedrac is buddying up to people.

Woah there - I'm buddying up to the chill dude who's into one of my own hobbies - I ain't your buddy guy!
##Vote Asphyxious

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I
Woah - 6 hours to deadline - I thought we were still joking around my bad
##Unvote

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I
Fair enough lol

I'm in a WoW raid right now - I'll come back and check out posts and posters when its done sorry :(

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

MaliciousOnion posted:

I am literally (figuratively) David Hasselhoff.

I'm still not sure if that's a good or a bad thing.

I'm gonna go ahead and vote on this - it's the least productive poster in the game:
##Vote MaliciousOnion

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I
Of the two current frontrunners I have no strong feelings on either but feel slightly worse about lynching Razor while he's asleep (which has nothing to do with it being my bedtime as well) so in the interests of a lynch:
##Vote white mans burping

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I
Perhaps I'm missing something here but Aspy did something fairly normal (shaving a few hours off a deadline is common when trying to avoid a nolynch) - explained why he wanted to do it - Matt Fat Beats came in and made a joke about it (I will not comment on the malicious level of the joke) and this caused Tirade to vote for Aspy?! Am I the only one who sees Tirade's vote as a scumvote? Like if we lynched Aspy and if he came out town this is the kinda "well I didn't see anyone better and Matty said we should vote Aspy" kinda bullshit? Seems bad to me buddy;
##vote Tirade

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

Bifauxnen posted:

Man you people who actually go out and stuff are weird, I was still sitting around at home for Important Mafia Business even though last night was my birthday!

(but it was a very nice birthday, I ate a whole bunch of black forest cake and got a nice present :buddy:)

Well, it's tricky. This has kind of has been normal behavior for Gaspy before, trying to look a little scummy so the scum think it's handy to keep him around instead of killing him off on night 1. He's been nightkilled very quickly in many games after latching on dangerously quick to an important scum. But I thought he was trying to branch out and change up his game a bit more recently? Incidentally, Gaspy this is exactly why even as town I have to worry about what you're up to. :cheeky: Not sure yet if I can get behind your quick push on Tirade though, it reminds me too much of my own classic "bait and look for scum framing me up" strategy that actually kind of sucked most of the time.

Happy Birthday Bif :)

I don't see hammering 2 hours before deadline to be scummy - not sure how that would save someone from a scum-team kill. But the Tirade post really feels scummy - if you have an issue with Aspy's play and quote that it'd be one thing - but Tirade quoted someone else's joking interpretation of Aspy's post seems suspicious to me and is something I've seen scum do in previous games.

Tirade posted:

It wasn't Beet's post that made me vote for gaspy, it was gaspy's poo poo answer to my question. He ignored the fact that he potentially stuffed up Kommando's project, and hand waved the dodginess away by doing his usual supergenius routine.

I'm not gonna claim that I'm certain gaspy is scum, but in the last game I played (gaspy's transformers one!) town won by doggedly chasing some scummy d1 plays. I figure it's worth checking out further, and voting for me for doing so seems odd.

Then why quote Beet's post with your vote? This post is far and away a better reason for a vote than quoting Beet. In fact I'd love to see Aspy respond to this post.

Matthew Beet posted:

I antagonise gaspy every game I play, just as he does to me , but beyond that gaspy does this 'i'm the smartest person in the room' routine every game, even stating he know's who is scum but wont go into detail about who or why and then he invariably ends up dead and we never find out wtf he was on about. Hence my smarmy post. I thought TOML would call him on it again, as he has in the past but this time he's not interested.

I don't have a really strong feeling about gaspy atm because he's defaulting to type, that said I'm not super convinced about tirade either, this feels sorta forced and gaspy's behaviour is more suspicious than tirade calling him on it.

Fair enough :) I mentioned several times that it seemed like a joke that may-or-may-not have had malicious intent - it was funny for what it's worth.

--------------

I'm feeling better about Tirade after his last post but I'm looking forward to Tirade & Aspy having some discussion.
##Unvote

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

Matthew Beet posted:

because he always plays this role, it would be quite an easy style to emulate when scum. "oh I look scummy? That's because i'm trying to be scummy! You coming after me proves your really scum because i lured you into my genius trap".

Wait - does this actually work in auspool?!

Tirade posted:

I'm just working with what I've got. I'll spell out my thinking thus far:

1) Kommando posts that his secret mission is completed if he doesn't vote for a town lynch twice. After thinking about it for a bit I reckon that admission makes him more likely town than not. There was no real pressure for him to post it, and if he was scum that's the kind of thing you'd keep to yourself since it'd be relatively easy to complete.

2) Kommando votes for Amnistar.

3) The vote count gets to 7, bif and I think wmb suggest that Kommando takes his vote off Amnistar so as to not gently caress up his project.

4) Gaspy hammers.

So my reason for voting for you is that by hammering, you screwed up a likely town's project. Argue with my conclusions if you want, but don't pretend that my "straight off the bat shade throw" came from nowhere.

I re-read what you're talking about at point 3 and I disagree - they asked Kommando if he'd like someone to take his place before hammer and he didn't think it was necessary. That said - even Aspy is saying he did this on purpose to appear scummy which makes my above point more relevant! Like I get on a broader scale that a scumteam may avoid night killing someone they view as an easy lynch target but I've always been far more fearful of the town than the scumteam regardless of alignment. The town will latch onto anything suspicious to the point where I usually end up having to claim and/or defend myself every bloody game due to my aggressive posting style. That said - pretending to be scummy to lull the scum team to sleep is a notably townie strategem as I have yet to see anyone on the scumteam successfully pull off the "I'm posting scummy but I'm super-town guys" gambit.

But before we get too meta here I'm just going to continue to let the discussion unfold - you guys seem to be a fun community (or faction of community?) and I'm enjoying this :)

-----

Also for anyone still confused about kommando (cause I was so I re-read his posts):

Kommando posted:

I have a secret project that somewhat rewards me for not voting. I'm getting clarification on the rules because it's confusing.

Kommando posted:

I've got clarification, no idea what happens if the project triggers but I got it spelled out.
I'm still voting for BSG Razor.
hope this helps.

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

Asphyxious posted:

Yeah it really does. I have a habit of getting day one scum picks and getting night killed for my troubles. By playing like an rear end scum keep me around despite the danger it represents. It's actually a sweet gig except for the fact everyone thinks I'm an rear end in a top hat.

Like last game I picked the scum godfather after like 2 posts and people still don't know how I did it. And me not telling them is part of the rear end in a top hat gimmick.

The upside of this is if it happens often enough it can be turned into a gambit - if you die N1 often enough - then the scumteam decides not to N1 kill you in a game where you're town they get to make a case for your lynch D2 lol. That said I get why that would be frustrating :v:

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I
I'm off to bed now - but in the interests of avoiding a nolynch I say we lynch
##Vote Malicious Onion
He's made 5 posts all game none of which were coherent rational thoughts so gently caress him

That's it for me - night all!

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I
Man you guys play hard :) This game is far-and-away my favorite since coming back this year :)

MaliciousOnion: Are you seriously saying that just because you claim town and breadcrumb your role you should be left alone?! EVERYONE SHOULD BE CLAIMING TOWN - that's part of the game man. What scum is gonna tapdance around the alignment issue - the only role I could see claiming not-town is survivor (which is often a dodge for scum). Breadcrumbing is inherently useless - just ask TOML how much good it did him. Much like claiming it's not something anyone is going to breadcrumb SK/Scumteam unless its a post restriction. While we're on the topic and I'm good and ranting - breadcrumbing is like soft claiming - claiming is almost always bad for the town. If you're a town power role and you claim to get out of a lynch you're either going to be roleblocked for the rest of the game or killed at the earliest opportunity. If you claim VT you've done nothing because scum can claim things too and VT isn't something to be proven/disproven until your flip.

All of the above being said - I get where you guys are coming from - lynching me yesterday wouldn't have been as good as the TOML lynch because there are posts with actual opinions on TOML in the thread - some may be scum buddying up to a townie - some may be town suspicious of their fellow player - all bring information in their own way. Beyond MO's posts and a couple of others there have been no strong opinions on me - you'd be doing day 2 take 2 if I was dead :P But the bandwagon on TOML was quick and brutal - I'm going to assume it's because you guys are aussie and hunt like that because every butterfly is venomous and wants to kill you. I'm going to make it my mission day 3 to have several active cases through the day - and if we hit deadline and another "whelp - let's take out this guy" comes up with good cases on the board we'll have even more information :)

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I
Argh - at this rate my secret project will never come to fruition. Also we evidently have a vig or sk - if vig, well done - if sk thanks but your day will come ;)

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I
OK so we're going to lynch Aspy today because cop claims need to be verified to have value. Given that we're at -2 I will hold off for now - I should be up for a while if my vote was needed but if the cop is wrong I don't want to push too close to a hammer when we still have 8 hours to deadline.

MaliciousOnion posted:

I guess the advantage of gunsmith is that you'd know if they can kill regardless of whether they have.

fwiw I targeted tbk last night and was unsuccessful, which supports Mith's claim.

This is a lie. You would know if you were roleblocked - we know this because others in the thread have said if/when they got roleblocked. I tracked you last night and you didn't leave the house so I want to know why you're lying to the town before we end tonight. If you don't have a great answer I shall lead the lynch parade on you tomorrow!

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

Zetsubou-san posted:

Either Klee is lying scum, lying town mis-representing his night action result, or there has been mod error.

Tirade posted:

Kleedrac can you confirm that your tracking result last night was successful? That conflicts with Zetsubou's claim that MO was jailed.

I was specifically told that my target didn't visit anybody - I'm not sure how that would be impacted by jailing - I suppose the mod could handle it differently from roleblocking but given what others had said earlier in the thread I was of the impression that RB'd people got back the message that they were RB'd.

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

Asphyxious posted:

Nope. I just got back "unsuccessful" both times and figured roleblocking was the most logical. It's now confirmed that was the case night one, why I didn't get to frisk WMB last night still appears to be a mystery.

This makes more sense.

Tirade posted:

Kleedrac why did you pick MO to track? It seems like a bit of a waste, unless you think his entire inventor story is fabricated.

I did - I have been very suspicious of MO - obviously I'm less-so now.

Tirade posted:

Kleedrac can you tell us who you tracked on n1 and the result?

For all the good it'll do ya - Razor - and he didn't go anywhere :P

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I
I wanna hear from MO first today: What did you do last night?

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

MaliciousOnion posted:

I went out with my family, had sausages for dinner, did some housework and went to bed.

Good deal - what about your night action?

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

MaliciousOnion posted:

What did you do last night, Kleedrac?

Well to complete my claim I'm a tracker & *watcher* so I watched you last night - you were visited my friend and I was trying to see if you were roleblocked. But since you weren't (or aren't saying you were) and aren't dead my information probably isn't great and in case the dude who visited you was a doctor or some other protective role I'd prefer not to say who visited you.

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

Matthew Beet posted:

So you're a tracker AND a watcher? and you've visited the same person repeatedly now, admittedly doing different things. Is that right?

You haven't really answered why you visited Onion again, you've admitted you did which we already guessed.

I can either watch -or- track, night one I tracked razor - he didn't go anywhere - then he died.
Night 2 I was suspicious of MO - he came off as such during the day - he went no where. When we discovered he was jailed and this didn't impact night kills I started to trust him but felt he may have earned an enemy, thus night 3 I watched him instead of tracking him - I discovered someone had visited him and I wanted to see if he was roleblocked or something similar. Does this make sense?

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

Matthew Beet posted:

Okay re: MO that kind of makes sense. Thanks.

So Razor, as a vigilante, didn't try and kill anyone

He did not.

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

Zetsubou-san posted:

I don't think Kleedrac is, but what about kommando

I was not.

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I
Zets: What are you thinking? You haven't checked in since the day started.

On the topic of Mithranderp:

Mithranderp posted:

Kleedrac: Since I don't have any meta to go on, the best way to look at Klee's posts is to see if they're at least internally logical. My biggest problem with Kleedrac is how eager they were to side with Gaspy as soon as Tirade started voting for him. His justification for finding Tirade scummy seems to be mainly that Tirade didn't quote the exactly relevant post. But then while saying they're pretty happy to vote Tirade, they unvote Tirade? They're making an effort to make an effort (good) but something about them seems flimsy and not quite right. My read is that they're scummy.

Mithranderp posted:

I'd really like to vote for Kleedrac, but we're close enough to deadline that I would rather not split the vote, unless enough people are also willing to vote Kleedrac

Mithranderp posted:

I really don't like how Tirade is reacting to all this, but I'm really not sold on him.

##vote Kleedrac

Mithranderp posted:

I am not scum, in fact I am a town bus driver

Night 1 night I switched WMB with Razor
Night 2 I switched TBK with Bifauxnen

I thought TOML was scum because WMB was someone's intended target on night one, and WMB mentioned that TOML hates him, and then his random WMB vote yesterday kinda sealed him as anti-town for me.

IDK if there's any significance to TBK being targeted (maybe it was a vig or sk action, or maybe bif targeted TBK with her doodad)

In hindsight, Gough's certainty when it comes to Asphyxious makes me think that he got a scum result in an investigation

Mithranderp posted:

Kleedrac is still my top pick. Considering it was such a quick and easy switch to toml I'm thinking it was a scum distraction from Kleedrac, and so might the gaspy vote be.

Is there any precedent for having two bus drivers? One scum, one town. Bus driver could have messed with goughs result.

Mithranderp posted:

Anyway I have a German class (and exam) tonight so jic I miss the deadline

##vote Kleedrac I've been suss on them since d2.

Mith has been railing to get my lynched since day 2 without any real reason - he's never built a case, he's never had a good reason - he's just apparently really suspicious. He's also claimed bus driver which traditionally is a townie role - but at this point it's the only reason I don't vote for him.

But for now I'm going to go with more of a gut vote and
##Vote WMB
In his entire post history he mentions Bifauxnen exactly once before his death - could be coincidence but it seems suspicious to me.

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

Kommando posted:

You're new and not in the auspol crew so I'll let you know, Mithranderp is female.

Also, you spend a post ragging on mith, and then vote Burping.

what gives.

this is a lovely argument, inconsistent, and one might say duplicitous.

My apologies to Mith, I hope I didn't offend her :(

white mans burping posted:

Kleedrac - what do you suppose the person who visited Malicious Onion did??

Ugh - this is why I shouldn't post when I'm having issues with sleep - moving my vote to Mithanderp for the reasoning in my previous posts and obviously won't be voting WMB because I'm dumb.

##Vote Mithanderp

I'm only up this late cause I'm feeling ill - I really hope I'll feel better by Friday for a Magic tournament :v:

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

Matthew Beet posted:

You rage on Mith and vote wmb. Why? I was scrolling down and going "yep okay I see what he's saying" then *bam* votes for unrelated person.

I thought Mith's bus driver claim seemed plausible putting her as less suspicious than WMB - then I realized I'm dumb and my vote has been corrected.

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I
I'm not sure about a WMB lynch because he visited someone not-dead the other night. Last night I tracked ken and he went nowhere :P I'm burned the hell out from putting in several hundred klicks today and I still have a pile of paperwork - I'll check back in a little while (after I've had a drink).

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

MaliciousOnion posted:

I want thatbastardken to tell me who he tried to visit last night and why, because the device he received from me I am fairly certain was a one shot kill, just like I am fairly certain he's either scum or an investigator.

Of the other three nights, one went to Bif, who died the night she could have used it; one night i was jailed and last night I successfully delivered to Kommando.

Perhaps you missed it but I tracked that bastard ken last night - he went nowhere.

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

thatbastardken posted:

I tried to use the Impact Driver on wmb.

This seems strange - I tracked you last night and was told you didn't go anywhere ... were you roleblocked perhaps?

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

thatbastardken posted:

Z-san claimed to have jailed me.

Herp derp I gotta learn2read.

Matthew Beet posted:

Kleedrac are you a watcher or a tracker? You've said both.

I've explained I'm both - I can choose to watch or track on a given night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

Birdstrike posted:

Based on the actions I have received so far, Kleedrac has been killed in at least one of three ways.

Kleedrac, Probe Team, Town-aligned Tracker/Watcher, has been killed on Night 5!

The Secret Project The Planetary Datalinks (2x cop investigations) has been deactivated.

WOah! lol

1) Sorry for disappearing last night one stress-relief drink turned into a few.
2) Thanks so much to Auspol for allowing me to have a blast with you guys - you guys all rock!
3) Well played game to the scumteam :) I never would have suspected a scumteam jailor and you all kept yourselves down on the radar :)

Thank-you to everyone I had a blast!

• Locked thread