Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I'm up for a hit of SMAC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Welcome to the human hive.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

thatbastardken posted:

not the way I do it.

in the cloning vats?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

*nerve staples gaspy*

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

wow i missed those in the background. loving top shelf.
'

No demon, no love.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Got mine!

Never not lynch gaspy.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

on another side thought we should get a smac game going one day for the smac addicts.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Morning all!

Morning gaspy. Good to see you trying something different straight out of the gate. :rolleyes:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asphyxious posted:

I'm alright then.

Kleedrac is buddying up to people.

And you're playing the same card you play every game. It'll be a great strategy to hide behind when scum... Hurr vote beet hurrr

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Kleedrac posted:

Woah there - I'm buddying up to the chill dude who's into one of my own hobbies - I ain't your buddy guy!
##Vote Asphyxious

Nice omgus

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Tirade posted:

I'm assuming it's a nod at you being a boardgame nerd as well.

##vote Kleedrac

Why kleedrac?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Those On My Left posted:

sorry tbk you know i'm just kidding

Lying is not good for town you know.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Those On My Left posted:

hey beet how were burgers last week

They were good bro. Muyb said they take ages but I think we got our food within five minutes? And a seat inside.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

MaliciousOnion posted:

Why can't we all just get along?

*throws fusion planet buster at you*

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

If he is the gloved princess this is decidedly anti town

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Those On My Left posted:

nice. i hope i can make the next one. missing a burger appointment, a shameful toml

You were missed. Verily and forsooth

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

How was Douglas was he good?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Gough Suppressant posted:

I'm okay with voting for someone calling for day 1 roleclaim and saying he can't be lynched because he's too important.

But but but what if he is?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Kommando posted:

Ah poo poo. I forgot about this.

You had all day on the scum doc and that's all you could come up with?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

razorrozar posted:

I'm going to sleep and I don't feel like we're close enough to hammering anyone to leave a sleep vote so I won't be voting today. Good luck with discussion, may you lynch well.

Uhhh

white mans burping posted:

or we could lynch razorrozar because it would be pretty funny whn he wakes up and finds himself dead

Yeah I'm with this and other subsequent votes, more so because as toml reminded everyone you should never not lynch.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Okay I was joking about scumdoc before but:

Kommando posted:

I have a secret project that somewhat rewards me for not voting. I'm getting clarification on the rules because it's confusing.

there is no way anyone can verify this.

It also sticks out as really odd. Not voting is anti-town. Removing all role madness stuff the only weapon town has is the lynch so by not exercising your town power (voting), so as to meet your own special secret project conditions, strikes me as not being very beneficial to town.

How would we know if your secret project is worth trusting you on not having to vote. It'd an excellent way to fly under the radar, except for the part where you've drawn attention to yourself.

I'm not keen on this.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Those On My Left posted:

I can't verify that specific claim, obviously, but I have a secret project with what sounds like a similar condition, so it doesn't strike as inherently improbable.

Also, my secret project condition was followed by a clarification from the mod, so again I can also buy that Kommando isn't quite sure on how his works.

We all have secret projects so the idea isn't what I'm challenging, it's his usefulness as town, if he is town, when he can't vote and the benefit to town for accepting that risk.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

on one hand, yes

on the other hand, special project conditions would likely be difficult to implement otherwise it would just be a straight-up gimmee

Uhh but it is a gimme if we take him at his word and let him not vote for three whole loving days just because he's claimed it day one.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Sure am glad we rushed that lynch through. :rolleyes:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

razorrozar posted:

Playing Mafia mostly asleep was surprisingly fun in retrospect

Birdstrike posted:

Night 1 Results:

razorrozar, Town-aligned Scout Patrol (Vigilante), has been killed!

Lol.

I mean

RIP vigilante.

Birdstrike posted:

The Secret Project :siren:The Citizens' Defence Force :siren:has been activated!

So from memory this gave a perimeter fence in every city so in light of razorrozar's secret project, probably more defensive bonuses for whoever just got this.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Tirade posted:

Hey gaspy, why did you drop the hammer so early last night?

I'd put it out of character for gaspy so my only guess would be:

Birdstrike posted:

The Secret Project :siren:The Citizens' Defence Force :siren:has been activated!

If so, depending on the flavour of the secret project did he just sacrifice a town to improve his own protection?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

"Again I don't explain anything I ever do in Mafia because I'm a GENIUS and anyone who comes after me must be scum. :smuggo:"

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Kleedrac posted:

Perhaps I'm missing something here but Aspy did something fairly normal (shaving a few hours off a deadline is common when trying to avoid a nolynch) - explained why he wanted to do it - Matt Fat Beats came in and made a joke about it (I will not comment on the malicious level of the joke) and this caused Tirade to vote for Aspy?! Am I the only one who sees Tirade's vote as a scumvote? Like if we lynched Aspy and if he came out town this is the kinda "well I didn't see anyone better and Matty said we should vote Aspy" kinda bullshit? Seems bad to me buddy;
##vote Tirade

I antagonise gaspy every game I play, just as he does to me , but beyond that gaspy does this 'i'm the smartest person in the room' routine every game, even stating he know's who is scum but wont go into detail about who or why and then he invariably ends up dead and we never find out wtf he was on about. Hence my smarmy post. I thought TOML would call him on it again, as he has in the past but this time he's not interested.

I don't have a really strong feeling about gaspy atm because he's defaulting to type, that said I'm not super convinced about tirade either, this feels sorta forced and gaspy's behaviour is more suspicious than tirade calling him on it.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asphyxious posted:

Help me out here. Is this to do with your quest?

I know nothing of SMAC and it's tempting to write off all character posting and lore posting as white noise bullshit.

yeah i'm usually against this stuff and the mind worms is def fluff, but each secret project had a definitive purpose in game and it's easy to draw some conclusion as to what. do we make judgements on that alone? hell no. never. ignore if need be, smac nerds are gonna nerd.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Kleedrac posted:

Fair enough :) I mentioned several times that it seemed like a joke that may-or-may-not have had malicious intent - it was funny for what it's worth.

He has.

Asphyxious posted:

I thought my answer was pretty straightforward.

I mean for me, anyway.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asphyxious posted:

Quoted the wrong thing there.

yeah oops. I'm sure us dunces can figure it out with the crumbs dropped from your table.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Gough Suppressant posted:

Controversial opinion: deliberately looking scummy is not a pro-town play.

and

Kommando posted:

Yeah, but it throws the town off

are always my problem.

because he always plays this role, it would be quite an easy style to emulate when scum. "oh I look scummy? That's because i'm trying to be scummy! You coming after me proves your really scum because i lured you into my genius trap".

i guess how it's like how bell jar played, bell jar's low effort 'just vote nerds' posts are completely indecipherable as to his motivations because he did that in every game he was town OR scum.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Those On My Left posted:

i am kind of suss on beet at the moment for pushing on gaspy today and for arguing with me about kommando yesterday

suss on me like every game ever. right.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asphyxious posted:

WELL I NEVER.

Yeah true. Alright. SO. If I then drop it for this game will people be like "oh thanks gaspy for playing the game like the rest of us" OR "HES POSTING DIFFRUNT GIT IM" because I know what my money's on. the one time I tried to play normal mafia I got dogpiled and personal insults so forgive me for not being keen to play things properly.

That being said, yeah.

I dropped hammer to look scummy to see who'd push hard on a case for me, comfortable in the knowledge I'm town. I factored in Beet would seize upon this but also then acknowledge it as an opportunity to scum hunt so he'd apply pressure too to see who bit. If he followed all the way through, he'd probably be scum but he'd know that I knew this and so probably wouldn't but then he'd know etc etc. Either way the output from the test is:

I think tirade is scum
I think Beet is town
I think TOML is 50/50
I think gough is 50/50

Not as exciting as I hoped.

Kleedrac jumping in to my defense is flagged as if he's scum he knows I'm town and could just be looking to score points in the future, that being said he also accurately assessed what I was doing so maybe I'm just more clear without the Auspol goggles.

I'm not feeling tirade or toml. why suss on gough?

also lol at the bolded bit i was having this exact debate in my head earlier about if you were playing to type because you know i'd be less suss, but then more suss because you would think i would think you wouldn't.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asphyxious posted:

because

he and Tirade are in sync.

tbf i asked you that question before he voted.

anyway so just based on them both being suss on you this morning? isn't that one of those 'too obvious things scum would never do' ™?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asphyxious posted:

nah its not just based on that give me some credit. It's the manner as well. You'd see for yourself, me dropping the hammer is an easy one, a gimme. The idea was that scum would be overconfident and rush in. And tirade and gough rushed. Makes sense, no?

yeah i have no suspicion for the dropping of the hammer. tbh i can't remember any game lately where people have jumped on the person who threw the hammer. I guess what my point was that in light of kommando's project claim, i posted that that isn't' very pro town if you're cutting off another townies chance of getting their project. i even gave you an out thinking maybe your secret condition was to hammer a player and you got it. you ignoring that out makes me less suss of you tbh, but then again you might think that i might think. ad infinitum or ad nauseum.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Or didn't mean to get caught...

;)

Anyhow, I'm gonna dust all those breadcrumbs off my screen and head off to some meetings. back a bit later.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Sphyxy I like you and you're my postin buddy but I'm getting a funny read from your tone this game

What type of funny read Mr 75%?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

why even bring it up then? If you're not fussed about trying too hard to meet the requirements, why tell us about it and act like we should be aware of your condition for some reason? :psyduck:

Well he's not too fussed in hindsight is my take away.

• Locked thread