Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

Hot 2, Cold 1, Volatile -1, Dark -1
XP: 2/5 Harm: 0/4 Conditions: Stuck Up, Predator, Yours Truly

That wouldn't be how I would try to stop a near riot, but it seems to be effective for about the two seconds it needed to be. Am I a little jealous of Amanda right now? Of course. But then again, being that close to fame would be like literally decapitating myself in public. The part of me that's still alive, though, still wants to be.. Not important, where did Seyah go and how can we stop this from turning into a full-blown riot? Right about now, I'm going back and rethinking walking anywhere with Melody, Seyah or Amanda in tow. It's a little liberating, though, knowing that I'm not the one being hunted for a change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Hot: 2x Cold: -1 Volatile -1 Dark 1x
XP: 2/5 Harm: 1/4 Conditions: Poor Taste, Yours Truly.

She kissed me! She kissed me! She kissed me! Oh god that was amazing. Yeah I was completely gaga by that point. I mean I'd been in love before I thought but it was nothing like this. Even the crowd seemed to stop and stare. In any just world they'd have picked us both up and carried us on their shoulders. Of course this being the real world it didn't work that way they started muttering. But I didn't care I wasn't going to let them spoil this moment. I suppose that's the only real explanation for what I did next.

Manipulating the crowd with embarrassment
[08:28] Ferrosol !r 2d6+3
[08:28] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 6+3 = 9

I broke away from Melody. God that was the hardest thing I'd done all day and marched up to the crowd. "What you've never seen two girls kiss before?" I yelled into the sudden silence. "Don't you people have churches or families or anything better to do than harass a group of college girls out for breakfast on a Sunday morning? I mean come on. people, please just leave us alone." I don't know what had come over me. I can only assume I was high on the endorphins or something. But I didn't care becasue she'd kissed me!

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL" :smug:
Fun Shoe
The Diner Crew

The exterior of the diner erupts into chaos as the protesting church-goers flee at the site, and sound, of the truck going up. The news crew seems torn - partially wanting to catch footage of Melody Skye-Edgars apparently outing herself on live TV, partially wanting to catch the footage of the sudden fire, and partially wanting to just get the hell away and to a safe distance. They settled for the third with a smattering of the other two - backing away quickly while they kept their camera trained on the two girls locking lips and the fire raging in the distance. Amanda's retort mostly falls on deaf ears, since the crowd's quickly dispersing (even if there was one man screaming something to the effect of "Oh gawd no, my truck!" as he ran off). Off in the distance, the wail of sirens - police sirens at this point, likely responding to the protesters gathering and not to the fire - can be heard. Now would probably be the time to get out of here, though obviously with everything being filmed there were going to be questions in all of your future. Do you head out, or do you wait for the authorities to arrive?

Melody
Donovan only really provides a bemused expression before the crowd disperses, but you think you catch sight of him on the phone for a second before you can't see him through the surge of fleeing townies. Still, you might be able to go after him if you wanted to, though you'd likely have to leave Amanda...your new girlfriend(?)...behind without explaining anything to her. On that note, is this the craziest stunt you've ever pulled on live TV, or have there been others to compare to it? Do you, or your parents, have a damage control protocol for these outbursts? Or are you planning on just kind of winging it?

Amanda
Well this was quite a day! Despite the probable welts you're going to get from paintballs, do you count this as a success? It dawns on you that this was all captured on television - there's even the possibility your parents are going to see it! How do you think they'll react to the news? Do they know about your wilder side or is this going to be an eye-opener for them?

Tori
Not being wound up in the insanity directly, you've got an opportunity ahead of you. You could follow Seyah off into the woods to comfort her or make sure she's ok. You could throw your lot in with Melody and Amanda's impromptu pride demonstration and either run off with them or stick it out with the media and authorities, though that would leave you as sort of a third wheel. Or you could always slip off to do something else. The last time you had an opportunity to help others out or let them hang themselves, which did you pick? Do you regret doing it that way, or would you do it again?

Elsewhere

Seyah
Take 1 harm from your proximity to the fire, and, y'know, from setting it off
Your mad dash through the woods leads you kind of blindly away. You can hear the sirens in the distance but you're not paying them any mind right now. While you're not paying attention to much other than your own sobbing and aches, you come across something in the woods you didn't expect. What is it, and why does it remind you of home?

Noodle Crew

Lenora
It's pretty ridiculous, but Nadia's predicament is reminding you of a situation with someone else in a previous year, who was it and what happened between the two of you that was unpleasant? Once you're done explaining that, take a second look, because it's not Nadia sitting there, it's them! And as a matter of fact, the whole scene looks like that scene! Are you going to try and relive events, or will you try and change things and make a difference here?

Nadia
Lenora confirmed you already paid, and then she just sort of - spaced out. Mammon's telling you to be careful around her, suddenly. But it's not like you can really just head off on your own in your current circumstances. So what's the play? Are you normally prepared for Mammon's shenanigans getting you into awkward situations? Or is this a new thing for him?

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Melody appears to have this under control. Or, at the very least, pushing them back so that if the local hicks do anything, they'll be on camera. Given everything going on, I should probably check on Seyah. Plus, she's away from the camera and that's good. It wouldn't be completely leaving them alone, not like back at home. Look, when you're hungry, you sometimes make very selfish choices. I was with some friends out late, and we weren't exactly in the nicest part of town. I told one of my friends, Brittany, that I could make my own way back home, because I could completely bite someone if they hosed with me and everything. Unfortunately, she didn't believe me and chased after me. And not just down the street, I told her I was going to some club like ten blocks away, and she took some very dangerous streets. She got mugged and had I not been close enough to at least hear her, it might have been worse. I still regret that sort of thing today, but I'm just going to be more direct. Or lie better. She was just trying to be a good person, and.. well, the good news is, she's still around, right?

And Seyah will be alright too. I only need to find her. In the woods. Where she might be much more comfortable, but I'm still worried that there might be more going on. I'm not exactly wearing clothes for the woods, so I hope it's not too nature-y out there. At least it's much shadier than out in the sun. "Seyah? Where are you? It's me! Tori. There's no one else here, it's just me. Seyah?" Wow, this was not exactly comfortable. And my shoes are getting stuck in the dirt. Damnit, Seyah, why couldn't you run into some place indoors? I think for a moment on taking my shoes off, standing still and hoping just talking will make this easier. "Seyah?!"

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Hot: 0 Cold: 1 Volatile -1 Dark 1
XP: 2/5 Harm: 1/4 Location: Diner Conditions: Predator, Yours Truly

I felt my cheek starting to get swollen from the paintball hit, blood and not red paint started to drip from my mouth. As I ran my eye could no longer see as the swelling started to get worse. My chest and stomach were black and blue as well though I hadn't checked, everything felt like it hurt. There was only moving forward away from being hurt and feeling the pain and blood slowly seep from me. I had to get away from them all, that was all I could do, and the woods called to me, in some instinctual level it felt like home. It was dark and pleasant with life all around me, and peace.

There was no one there to hit me or beat me till I did what they wanted, or perform right. It was just a lovely rush as the leaves moved together in the wind and the tops of the trees played with the light that filtered down into the ground. I would have on a normal occasion stand and just take in the peace and feeling of being someplace where I belonged. It wasn't something I had ever had in my life. Never had I felt like I belonged anywhere at any point. Perhaps in the arms- no that was another lie another trick to get me to push forward that was all. It was all a setup.

I had hoped this place would be for me, but it was obvious that I was too hideous a monster to ever have that. As I slowed down, I felt a limp and looked down to my leg, that was burned and looked like I had twisted my ankle. There was no stopping, it would only come back after me if I stopped. I clutched my stomach as I lurched forward in a panic, I was hurt and that meant I would be taken out. It was coming finally, I thought I had escaped, but no. No, I can't die just yet.

Hobbling forward dripping pain and blood behind me, I can't imagine what I looked like as I lurched over finally and collapsed on my knees.

Looking down through my one good eye, I saw a small model, it looked old and its weight in my hands felt like real metal. It was pioneer 10. I had never seen one like it, it was incredible, and the one moment that I felt like humans had done something I could agree with. A small welcome from us to the universe. I remembered back home looking at the plague touching it, at the person waving at me. Greeting me. It had been a source of comfort at home in my room, a small book by Carl Sagan about the strange and wonderful creatures in our solar system could hold.

I didn't know English at first and could only revel at the pictures of it, and at the end of it was pioneer and the gold plate.

The tears flowed from my eyes and I heard a voice yelling for me in the distance. I croaked back, "I'm here!" Barely able to talk I was crying so hard, so hurt so swollen. I looked ugly, but I needed help. I just wanted someone to help me, and make it stop hurting for once. I looked up at the sky on my knees with tears streaming down my face.

"Tori, I am sorry." I said, I don't remember if it was a yell or not but my head fell to my chest. As my ruined shoe and swollen face would let me speak.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

"Seyah!"

For a moment there, not being able to tell the differences between paint and blood was very helpful. It helped me focus on the problem at hand, which was Seyah looking like an absolute mess, beat up and bruised, and she needed some actual help. I move as fast as I can over to her, gently dropping down near her and grabbing her close for a moment or two. After the -horrific- actions from before, my protective instinct have kicked in. Which helps, as I start to smell the blood as well. She's my friend, and I'm going to be fine. I may be hungry but I'm not cruel, plus she needs help. She -needs- helps. I squeeze her gently again, speaking to her. "Seyah, you're.. bleeding. I.. I..."

Hold Steady
[03:40.59] <thelazyblank> !r 2d6+1
[03:41.00] <Krysmbot> thelazyblank, 7+1 = 8
Keeping calm, no eating or anything.

"I'll get you back to school, alright? We'll go to the nurse on campus, you can still walk, right? I'll.. I'll help you." I gently help Seyah to her feet, not worried about how close she is to me. She seems like she has more important things on her mind than me, right? I hold her at the hip, putting her other arm over my shoulder, moving her gently. "You need to stop running away like that. Not that this isn't terrifying, but people like that, they feed on fear. They just want to scare you, and I know it's hard, but you can't let them." I give her another little squeeze, trying to make her feel better.

Turn Seyah on completely inappropriately
[03:49.21] <thelazyblank> !r 2d6+2
[03:49.21] <Krysmbot> thelazyblank, 3+2 = 5
Welp.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

XP: 2/5 Harm: 1/4 Location: Diner Conditions: Predator, Yours Truly

I feel Tori picking me up, I must look so ugly. I feel terrible and ugly and everything. It was all a total mess for me, and I was all of the cause. There Tori was picking up my pieces again, and I didn't know why it all hurt so much. I was so use to this, I should be better. "I'll try for you." I said and slipped my other arm around her and gave her a hug a tight needy hug that clung to her. I just needed to hug someone right now, no scratch that, I just needed to hug Tori right now. I held on to her for a moment and then kissed her neck without meaning too. I let go for a moment and looked down.

My eye was all swollen now and ugly, she wouldn't want me. "Thank you for helping me. You are so nice to me." I said blubbering wishing that I could talk well at that moment but I couldn't. Instead I limped toward the nurses office clinging to Tori the closeness pleasurable and reassuring.

Turning on Tori... somehow?
<Axe-man> !roll 2d6+0
<Krysmbot> Axe-man, 8+0 = 8
Don't question it.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Hot 2 Cold 1 Volatile -1 Dark -1
XP: 1/5 Harm 0/4 Condition: Dear Leader

It's like no one around here's heard of bisexuality before. Bizarre.

Unwrapping myself from Amanda, I'm pretty pleased with how all of this has gone. Donovan running off is a chore, of course, and Sayeh and Tori are both missing - but otherwise, drat. That's a free notability boost, I got to make out with a hot girl on TV a little bit... wonder if it starts trending? Hell, elections are in a few months, this might actually be a minor political issue! Awesome! I should tweet something.

"To be honest, I didn't think that'd send them running." I remark to Amanda, looking perfectly amused at the situation. Since she looks positively flabbergasted and flushed, it's only polite of me to try and make her feel better. "Was that your first crowd? You get used to it after a while." Meanwhile I'm grabbing my phone from my purse, since there's some messages that need to go out pretty quick.

Looking up to make sure the camera crew's retreated, I grab Amanda's hand and lead the dazed girl off to the side, sitting both of us down on a bench that a few of the protesters had probably been standing on mere moments ago. Now though, I've commandeered it. Using one hand to carefully readjust my hair back into perfection, the other's tapping out some messages.

txt to Donovan posted:

Came all this way to see me, then leave so soon? What's up?

tweet from @MelodyMajorie posted:

Had brunch, harassed by bigots, kissed a girl! #FunDaySoFar #NotJoking #SUNY

txt to Mom's Agent posted:

Kissed a girl in front of tea partiers. Good optics, don't really know girl. Sticking around to talk to police, there was an unrelated fire nearby. Thoughts?

txt to Uncle Jimmy posted:

Tell dad making friends at new school! Will be on news. Call you soon!

Of my parent's agents, I totally prefer my dad's. Mom gets a new one every year or two - she tends to work them too hard, in my opinion - but dad's is his best friend from when they were both kids. Well, I mean dad was Gentry then obviously, but still kid Gentry. Think his real name is James, but he's basically always been Uncle Jimmy to me. He's the one I call first, since he's actually pretty nice about offering advice and help. Wants to help out his friend's kid and shield his feelings when he can, which comes in handy for me. Like the time I got hounded by this one reporter for a month straight when I was about sixteen? He just showed up everywhere, was really overt about everything - it was totally obvious he was trying to rile me up. It worked, too, since he ambushed me one day after school and told me I had ugly shoes. I retorted - accurately - that he had an ugly loving face, and that he should go have sex with it. Yeah, not terribly graceful and noble, right? I was flustered and mad, not my usual self. Called Jimmy, and he got the guy to destroy the video file. Not just not use it, but destroy it completely. Not sure how, but like I said - he can come in handy.

Having heard the sirens for quite some time, it's not like the sudden emergence of emergency vehicles is particularly surprising or troubling. The second I see a police car, I let Amanda know what my plan is. "I'll go talk to them, or you can come too if you're comfortable. Going to make sure everything's ok, and that they get the story straight." Does she think we're dating now? I'm not sure, but I hope not. A kiss is not a contract.

Striding confidently towards the officers, I grin at the one of that that most looks like he's in charge. Gentry can sense these sort of things, since we're used to being in charge ourselves - you learn to pick out pretenders. Besides, I have nothing to fear from the Police at all. Rich and famous, remember? "Officer, I'm Melody Skye-Edgars. Since I was here for the whole thing, would you like to take down what happened?" Not 'what I saw happen,' What Happened. I launch into my story, being as engrossing and animated and passionate about it is I can... he doesn't stand a chance.

<Rauri> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 10+2 = 12
<Rauri> think melody may have the craziest luck so far of any of my PCs

Manipulating police to accurately record Melody's biased version of what occurred. Basically, the tea-partiers are wholly at fault for everything.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Hot 0 Cold -1 Volatile 1 Dark 1
xp 2/5 Harm 0/4 Conditions

Lenny looks like that blind dog they put the cupcakes in front of. I'll have to snap her out of her flashback to her tour in 'ghanistan but first I need to figure out what I'm doing. I mean like it's only a tenth of the distance of the Iowa incident but that's also the problem, I won't get back under the cover of darkness and I don't want to fart around for eight hours probably. Sam is super paranoid about people going through our stuff for some reason so the door's locked. What would they even be looking for in our poo poo? Anyway so texting one of the girls to bring me some of my clothes is out. So is probably just walking out to my car. The Chinese have a dim view impromptu nudity. Is this place Chinese? Asian cultures are typically very particular about when to show how much skin. And I don't want to get the girls banned from this place. But it might help to have a third party be able to corroborate that my clothes got torched to the campus staff if it comes to that. And poo poo it'd probably be funny to file that complaint with the noodle guy. But probably just out the window and around to the car. Then we'll have to figure out from there. Campus parking looked full as ever. So getting to the car was the least complicated part. I'll defer to the others I guess, since this is really everyone else's problem I don't give a poo poo. And I don't want to just cut and run without them, they'll think I ditched them.

And then Mammon tells me to be careful with Lenny. Which reminds me that it's hosed up that he caused this in the first place. I mean the last time was kind of my fault to for wishing to be somewhere else while nude. But if he wants to keep this up he can gently caress off. ...I'll have to figure out how to make him gently caress off.

"So what's Lenny's deal? You seem to know."
"What I do know is that she is anomalous. Which makes her unpredictable. When you are as world weary as I you learn to be cautious of atypical things."
"That's a nonanswer dude."
"I prefer not to speculate and lead you astray."
"Oh. Legit, okay."

Well might as well check my options while Lenny's flipping out again. I hope this isn't going to be A Thing. Because like it hasn't even been and hour yet. Or maybe it's because it's so soon after like she has a bad hour every week or something. She shouldn't stop the pills just because she feels better. Anyway I open up the window to see if I can fit through that sucker. I lean out of it and it seems good. I figure I'll finish up with this before Lenny snaps out of it and get's an eyeful of my rear end. She's probably had enough excitement for the morning.

Turn on: 7

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Samantha Hunter
Hot -1 | Cold +1 | Volatile -1 | Dark +2
Harm 0/4 | Experience 2/5 | Conditions: Night Owl

I really am in a bit of a daze this time, a non magical one I mean, as Lenora dabs and my arm, fussing over me, I can't seem to look away. How had I never noticed the way the light in the window played off of her hair? And the way the paleness of her skin accentuated her features? Had I just been too busy worrying about her being a spirit to really look at her? My eyes follow her as she heads off to the bathroom while I finally start on my meal.

I'm only a few bites in though, when something in the atmosphere changes. A magical change, sort of like.... the feng shui of the restaurant shifting just a little out of harmony. And its coming from the bathroom. Is Lenora alright! Or Nadia? More worried about Lenora, since shes the one directly interacting with magic, but if whatever is messing with Nadia's aura has gone a step further... I get up and hurry for the bathroom door.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Hot 0 | Cold 1 | Volatile -1 | Dark 1
Harm 0/4 | Experience 2/5 | Conditions:

I freeze at the door of my dorm room and turn around. I look down at Benji laying on the ground, looking up at me with a passive face. He doesn't know what I'm about to do. He's going to leave to go home tomorrow, and I... want him. But I'm nervous. What if I freak him out? What if... he just likes me as a friend? Or doesn't want me because of... well... my condition? No, this is a bad idea. I need to think about it some more.

So, we spend the evening talking. About normal things. School and stuff. It's nice. Good, even. It's well after curfew by the time we're done, and he's not staying the night. So, he's going to slip out the window.

I figure I'm just going to relax over the summer and get my head straight. Once he gets back, I can figure out what to do. There's no rush. So, I just let him slide out into the night.

...That's not right, though, is it? He's... he's going to forget me! This is my last chance to show him that I care about him!

I've already got my top off by the time I haul him out of the window. I pull him up against me and kiss him. A nice, long kiss.

No way he can misunderstand that.

Turn on: 2d6 12
Giving self to Nadia. No strings, but still.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I suddenly get pulled back out of the window for some reason and then- I need an adult. I just lock up at first. I didn't expect this at all Lenny seemed pretty quiet. And like, I'm not even gay! I dated boys in high school. Okay. I dated a boy. Anyway I also have a husbando. I really admire George Weidman's big... intellect. gently caress am I gay? Because holy poo poo Danny didn't know how to use his tongue half as good as this.

So yeah then I snap to my senses and push the lunatic off me. I just got caught up in the moment. it's not like girl tongue is different, this doesn't mean anything. It could happen to anyone. I wipe the saliva off my mouth. "Jesus, Jesus Christ Lenny."

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Samantha Hunter

I push open the door and ste-

7:49:25 PM triviagodfish hold steady vs kissing topless girls
7:49:28 PM triviagodfish !r 2d6+1
7:49:29 PM Krysmbot triviagodfish, 7+1 = 8

Uh.

This was not what I was expecting.

"Uh.

Sorry... to in...ter..rupt? I'll just... go... back out?"

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Harm 0/4 | Experience 2/5 | Conditions:

When I hear Nadia's voice, I freeze up. When I hear Samantha's voice, I turn beet red and pull back, shocked. I'm not in my room. And that wasn't Benji.

I look at both of their shocked faces and start stammering, "I'm... I'...m sorry." I look back at Nadia and keep stammering completely non coherently, "I thought... I don't... I don't know..."

No! No no no no NO! I just went from two maybe friends to zero! Why did I have to ruin everything all on the first day! They're both going to think I'm a freak now. I start crying and turn away from Nadia before she can see. But that means that Samantha sees my stupid crying face. I can't take this anymore.

I pull my top on and run out past Sam, out of the store and into the streets.

Run Away: 2d6-1 8
Run out, giving a string to the scariest person there. Samantha!

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

"Oh, it's okay. Just.. focus on walking right now. Okay? I'll make sure you get all patched up and good as new for tomorrow." This hopefully wasn't how roommate bonding 101 was supposed to go, but I'll take it. Anything to get her out of being the weirdo that everyone makes fun of, I'll be happy with. Even if it's the weirdo everyone's afraid to make fun of because they'll end up on at least the local news, if not worse. All I'm hoping for is not ending up front and center on the news or having to talk to the cops about it. Not that I'll have too much to say, but they ask for ID then they want to ask questions I probably shouldn't be answering.

Promising to get Seyah to someplace to patch her up and take care of her.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

poo poo uh. What? I shouldn't let her go. She's freaking out and she's alone now. I gotta do something. I just bolt after her. I don't want to lose my new friend. Not while things are weird between us. We need to get this sorted out. I point at the ashes as I pass by Sam, "Thing burnt my clothes!" I quickly explain and storm out of the shop looking for Lenora. "Lenny?!"

Run Away 11

SHY NUDIST GRRL fucked around with this message at 20:47 on May 29, 2015

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Hot: 2x Cold: -1 Volatile -1 Dark 1x
XP: 2/5 Harm: 1/4 Conditions: Poor Taste, Yours Truly.

Well this wasn't the way I'd fantasized about my first kiss with Melody. But I'd take it. Even if the paint-ball and the crowd and the explosions had been a rude surprise. I just stood there numb as she lead me to one side. What did she mean about getting used to it? I mean she seemed to revel at being the centre of attention but I doubt I could ever get used to this kind of a crowd. Still, poo poo poo poo poo poo, I'd just outed myself as a lesbian on TV hadn't I? Was I a lesbian? I hadn't thought I was but then I'd seen Melody and she was like none of the guys I'd ever known Certainly nothing like him, the worthless bum. Maybe I'd just been kidding myself all along... but drat. If my parents found out about this they were going to kill me. I was dead. Still faint hope the camera crew was only local news right? So maybe my parents wouldn't find out. I mean both of them would be busy right. They'd just be getting back from church dad should be sitting down to watch the game and Mom would be checking those celebrity gossip things she was addicted to. I remember when she found out I'd been accepted here she started babbling about some celebrity kid who was going here as well for some reason. Like I could care less about some stuck up Hollywood brat.

So hopefully the two of them wouldn't find out till the whole thing died down. I'd never been in this kind of trouble before. Oh they knew I'd not always been their perfect little angel. I'd broke curfew a few times to hang with my boyfriend and I'd done a few things which I was pretty sure they hadn't found out about like the drunken streaking and smoking weed. but nothing remotely like this. I mean it wasn't even my fault. I was just an innocent bystander! Melody of course is cool as a cucumber. She just fires off a few texts like it isn't any big thing. Has she been in trouble like this before? I mean I watched as she talked to the police when they arrived launching into the story of what happened. She really seemed like she knew what she was doing so I left her to it. I figured. By this point of course the adrenaline was starting to wear off and I was sagging a bit. Wait what had happened to Tori and Seyah while all this was going on? The pair of them seem to have just vanished. I hoped they were ok. Especially poor Seyah, Tori looked like the kind of girl who could look after herself.

[10:47] Ferrosol gazing
[10:47] Ferrosol !r 2d6+1
[10:47] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 8+1 = 9
The visions are lucid and detailed but leave you drained

Viscardus
Jun 1, 2011

Thus equipped by fortune, physique, and character, he was naturally indomitable, and subordinate to no one in the world.

Hot: +1 Cold: -1 Volatile: -1 Dark: +2 Resentment: 1
XP: 2/5 Harm: 0/4 Conditions:

I was such a coward. That's what I'd been thinking, standing just inside the Diner, watching everything happen outside. I'd been just behind everyone else as we walked out, just enough not to be in sight when the others were surprised by the crowd outside. And I'd stayed there, like a coward. I'd tried to make myself walk out there with Mel and the others, I really had, but I couldn't. I just couldn't handle the idea of an angry mob staring me down, and a camera crew on top of it. So I'd slipped back in, awkwardly watching from the window while Melody and Tori stood up for Seyah and for themselves.

And I'd seen Mel kiss Amanda, too. That was... odd. Was there something between them I didn't know about? I have to admit it made me feel a little jealous, too. I hadn't really thought of Melody that way before, but she was definitely my closest friend on campus so far, and I guess I felt a little possessive. If she and Amanda were suddenly a thing, Melody would probably prefer spending time with Amanda, and then what if I found myself drifting out of the social circle Mel had brought me into? Okay, maybe that was a silly thought process, but it stuck in my mind. I tried to reassure myself that this wouldn't change anything.

Finally, once the cameras were god and the police showed up, I worked up the courage to go back outside, hoping that Mel and the others didn't think less of me for hiding. I silently joined them, and managed to work up the courage to speak to the officers myself. "I saw the whole thing too," I offered, in case Mel needed someone to back up her story. Not that she would, I figured. She was pretty convincing.

Hold Steady: 2d6-1 4

Sorry for my absence, everybody.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe
It's a new scene! Roll those highlights to your heart's content!

Melody, Amanda, Kat

The officer in charge of the investigation nodded along blithely as Melody gave a play by play of what had happened. He, at least, seemed completely unconcerned with Melody and Amanda's performance. The camera crew had set up again a ways off as a firetruck came in to put the burning truck out. Other police officers were interviewing the few remaining stragglers, mostly the staff of The Diner and the restaurant's other patrons who had nothing to do with the mob, as the authorities cordoned off the area.

His expression changed as he gave an odd look to Kat at her offer to help explain things. "Well, that's all very well and good." He finally says to the three of them. "However, I am going to need to ask the three of you to come down to the station for further questioning. It's routine, you understand. But you're here at the scene of the crime..." (wait, wasn't this an incident, and not a crime a second ago?) "...so we just need to be sure." The other police had quietly moved up close to the three of you as he spoke; this didn't seem like perfectly routine questioning, all of a sudden. Have any of you been in trouble with the law before?

Melody

Your phone buzzes at least a few times (you'd expect to lose count after a tweet like that but at least the ringtone was different for text messages) as you're being questioned. If you check, you have a couple of new texts.

from Donovan posted:

Not too interested in the media circus myself, besides you seem to have found some entertainment.

from Donovan posted:

If you have time later, give me a call. Would love to chat.

Nothing from the agents, yet. They either are busy with something else or are already springing to to spin the incident properly. How do you think everyone would react if you got hauled off by the police on live TV after everything else?

Amanda

You were already tired, so even as the police were taking Melody's statement you started drifting off, despite the adrenaline. However, with Seyah and Tori vanishing, your mind started replaying the (far too) exciting events of the morning, even as you struggled to keep your eyes open.

You dozed for a moment and saw the paintballs hit again, both you and Seyah.

Another doze, and you see Seyah catch one in the face and hear her scream.

Another doze and you see her somehow shove a drum of oil across the parking lot where no one else saw, and the truck go up in flames from the sparking of the drum on the pavement.

You slump where you sit as you see her panic and take off into the woods, and Tori take off after her.

When Kat pipes up, you manage to shake off your sleepiness a bit and hear the police's response. Further questioning? That sounds not great. Especially if what you just remembered really happened and it wasn't some sort of weird dream you were slipping in and out of. Do you think you could lie to the police? Or would it be safer to tell them what you remember seeing?

Kat

Something about the way the police officer was staring at you and continued to do so even though he addressed everybody made you think it was primarily you he wanted to "further question". With the way Seyah was treated earlier I guess it might not be too surprising, maybe more disappointing? Even if your gut instinct is wrong, it reminds you of another incident from your past. What happened then, and what did you say to make you feel vindicated and change that person's mind?

Seyah and Tori

Thankfully, you make it back to the campus and to the student health center with no real issue. It's also a good thing that you're early enough in the day and it's the day before classes start, because it's more like a doctor's office than a hospital - that is, it has hours of operation. Thankfully you don't have to wait long because it's so early in the year, and a staff member takes Seyah in in just a couple of minutes, leaving Tori in the waiting room with not a lot to do.

Seyah, the man seems a little too young to be a doctor, but he does clean up your face a bit and test your ankle after giving you some ice to put on the welts that had formed from the paintball shots. It hurts, but the staff member declares that it only seems bruised and fetches you more ice. Apparently, it isn't policy to hand out painkillers stronger than aspirin in most cases, still it's enough to make you feel a little better. Seyah can heal 1 harm. Still, it'd be nice if he could get you something a little stronger, wouldn't it? Do you try asking for some? Or are you going to try and ride it out?

Tori with all the excitement behind you, at least for a moment, you have time to finally breathe and take stock of yourself. Somehow you made it out of everything without so much as a scratch, with only your indictment of the crowd being filmed to prove you were even there. You are, however, feeling a bit peckish, and not for more Diner food. Is this the sort of thing you generally take care of right away, or would you rather ride it out for a while? What happened the last time you let it go too far, and do you think you can monitor yourself properly?

Lenora and Nadia

Lenora peels off into the woods in a panic, with Nadia hot on her heels, regardless of her state of undress. A shout from the owner of Eden is only momentarily heard by the latter as she speeds off. Thankfully it's a pretty quiet clearing where Lenora finally slows down and Nadia catches up with her, it doesn't sound like anybody else is around for a bit, even the sounds of the road seem far away.

Lenora

You didn't really realize where you were headed, but this clearing is familiar to you too. What happened that was important here, and why do you come back frequently?

Nadia

"This is ridiculous." Mammon hisses into your mind as you speed off after Lenora. "First of all, some of that outfit was salvageable, Miss Fern. I doubt you'll be able to retrieve everything you forgot now though, even if you turned around. Pity for you..." Oh no, what is he talking about now? There's not a lot else you could have forgotten, but what essential item, besides your iPhone and your credit card, might you have forgotten to take with you?

"Secondly, chasing after this one is only going to lead you to more trouble, obviously. What's the point of my essential advice if you don't follow it?"

Samantha

After Nadia and Lenora run off on what appears to be some sort of nudist lesbian chase, the restaurant's owner corners you. "You! You were with that naked girl! I'm calling the police! You let them both know, none of you welcome here anymore!" One of the chefs moves to block the door, probably so the police can question you. Do you say anything to try and get out of it, and is this a first for you?

Also, the burnt ruin of Nadia's outfit is still retrievable, either for Nadia, or for yourself. That many clothes from a stressful situation would make a great sympathetic token...

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at 17:00 on May 30, 2015

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

XP: 1/5 Harm 0/4 Condition: Dear Leader

Txt to Donovan posted:

Entertainment is the right word. Call ya later.

I was going to text something else to Donovan - make him uncomfortable is mildly amusing - but the police around here don't seem to know who it is they're dealing with. Talking about taking us down to the station, since we were at the scene of the crime? Absurd.

I make a scoffing noise after he's finished, not at all liking the direction this is headed in. The way he's staring at Kat... it's actually creeping me out a little bit. She's my roomate, messing with her without my permission is wholly off limits. The other officers have circled around us, trying to be intimidating. They are NOT going to gently caress up my day, that's not the way things work for me.

"To the station? No, I'm sorry, we'll have to decline." I inform the officers, sounding ever so slightly regretful about it. Same tone of voice you use when you'd like to go to something, just not as badly as a different commitment. "We'll be happy to answer questions here for you, if you'd like." So, that's the carrot. Time for the stick.

"But, it'd take an hour or two for me to get one of my lawyers here, so... I'd rather not kill that much of my day, especially with classes starting tomorrow." Grabbing both of my friend's hands to make it perfectly clear they're with me, and under my protection, I inquire of the chief officer "Sooo, should I call them? And maybe my dad? He'd be thrilled that his daughter's first day involved the police taking her and her victimized friends in for questioning, I'm sure. Would be a great chance to meet him, if that's what your after?"

<Rauri> lgw - Melody's luck is gonna run out now that police are involved, just a hunch
<Rauri> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 9+2 = 11
<Rauri> or not

Manipulate NPC - They can ask us questions here. None of us are getting in a squad car / going to the police station, though, without Melody getting some lawyers in the mix.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Samantha Hunter

Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh.

What the gently caress just happened here?

I step back into the bathroom for a moment to pick up the burnt pile of Nadia's clothing, they aren't exactly the kind of token I like to collect, but waste not, want not, and if they are two magical spirit things going around in just my dorm, who knows how many are in this town. Wouldn't want to leave anything for them to mess with my roommate with laying around.

Having obtained the evidence, I turn back to the store owner, glowering. "Look! Your faulty drier just caught my friend's" strictly speaking, "clothes on fire. If you bring the police in, you'll be lucky not to be in trouble for the fire hazard!"

3:21:03 PM godfish !r 2d6+1
3:21:04 PM Krysmbot godfish, 8+1 = 9
"Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh"
I'll swap conditions, giving the owner "Something to hide"

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

xp 3/5 Harm 0/4 Conditions

"Was I supposed to rub the ash on me like a black censor bar? This is all your fault anyway. And you're starting to sound like my mom. Didn't you want me in trouble, anyway? Also that's a rhetorical question. Please gently caress off for a bit while I snap my friend out of her psychotic episode."

I didn't sign up for a nanny, naggy... nangy... I didn't sign up for an annoying rear end in a top hat to be butt mad I didn't fall for his transparent trap to squeeze more debt out of me. I don't know what the gently caress he's talking about anyway. I don't have any pockets on my clothes anyway. I specifically don't store essentials in nonessentials. I mean the car is still there but no one is going to jack my ride in bumble gently caress. I stick my finger in the pouch to make sure. Phone, card, key. Key? That should be keys. gently caress. drat it. My room key must have slipped out when I pulled the phone out. Okay that will be a problem. Later. Cross that bridge when I get to it. Sam will probably be home by then anyway.

I need to rest, chasing Lenny out here will be my exercise for the week. I squat

Turn on 9

because I don't want to sit in the dirt and poo poo. Jesus what a mess. And I haven't even done Mammon's insane chore yet. "So like..." I ask between catching breaths, "Is there something you want to talk about?" Just going to put the ball in her court. Sounding judgmental will just make things worse. I've had to deal with some differently abled pissbabies in my fans so I know how to ease into this poo poo. Like, I'm sure people with real problems get pissed at the same stuff they're just not going out of their way to for attention.

SHY NUDIST GRRL fucked around with this message at 03:45 on May 31, 2015

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Hot: 2 Cold: -1 Volatile -1 Dark 1
XP: 2/5 Harm: 1/4 Conditions: Poor Taste, Yours Truly. Drained.

Uhh what. Must have dozed off for a minute there. You'd think that coffee I'd drunk would've woken me up by now. But apparently not. Still Melody seems to have things well in hand with the local police. Still whatever her family do for a living they must have a lot of money to be able to have lawyers on call like that. Could I lie to the police for Seyah? I mean I hadn't actually seen her doing anything had I? Weird dreams aside that is and i don't think weird dreams are admissible in court as evidence. Besides it's not like she'd had much choice. She was being provoked and being hit by a paintball both hurt and disorientated you. Still she was going to owe me big time for keeping quiet about this.

Still now the policeman was harassing poor Kat who hadn't done anything wrong at all and tha just wasn't fair. "Hey I can give a statement as well if you want." I wasn't quite as confident and composed as Melody was but still I think I managed a pretty good go of it. "But I'd prefer to get it out of the way now if you don't mind I should probably get this checked out." I said waving to my paint smeared stomach which was already starting to throb a little. "We were just the victims in all of this. It's that mob you need to be arresting not us."

[00:55] Ferrosol manipulating NYPD
[00:55] Ferrosol !r 2d6+2
[00:55] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 5+2 = 7
What do I have to do to persuade the police to leave us alone and go after the real criminals?

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

XP: 3/5 Harm: 0/4 Conditions: Stuck Up, Predator, Yours Truly

Well, this wasn't entirely what I was expecting, but it wasn't like she was dying. Could be a little cleaner. Good thing I can't get sick, at least not in a traditional way. Although I do need to check this outfit for any signs of whatever that -disgusting- smell is. Deep breath. Hunger isn't good, and sitting on it does make me a little bitchy. Okay, very bitchy. Look, I'm not a saint by any means, but I can settle on being pretty and quiet when I need to be. When I'm hungry, it's harder. A lot more focus, a lot more effort. I know I should be more worried about my roommate, but this hunger isn't going to cure itself. The sooner, the better. Even with the drat sun out, hunting is better than dealing with the side effects of hunger. Don't want to go too far, I need to make sure Seyah gets home in one piece. She's had a bad enough day, abandoning her now would be the worst thing right now.

I get the attention of the person working at the front, a polite smile forced to try to be pleasant. "If my friend is finished before I get back, tell her I just went outside. She should be able to find me." I head outside without waiting for a response, I didn't ask her to do anything complicated, just her job. Now, all I need to do is find a wide open area where they'll be some people playing sports, perhaps sunbathing. Something. I'll settle for someone less than perfect right about now. As long as they're respectable. Now's not the time to be picky. Campus has a lot of big fields and luckily, the one near the health center was no different. A bunch of guys and girls playing some soccer and another group just sitting on the side. At least this meal will be low in fat.

Now, just pick someone out. Someone worth a second look. Oh, there's one. Tall, handsome. The boot camp haircut, but we're not all perfect. Now, get his attention, give a coy little wave, and then the rest will be easy. Just don't immediately bite him when he comes over, turn it into some sort of long-term sounding thing. Maybe a fake number? Well, don't overthink it, it's lunch, not anything serious.

Manipulate the random boy to come over and be a snack.
[07:18.37] <thelazyblank> !r 2d6+2
[07:18.37] <Krysmbot> thelazyblank, 8+2 = 10
Marking XP, giving whoever this is the chance to have something more than just a chat.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

XP: 2/5 Harm: 0/4 Location: Nurses office Conditions: Predator, Yours Truly

"Thanks so much." I said as I held the ice pack in place and I could start to see out of my eye. I rocked a bit forward and back, digging my fingers into the examination table, as it started to sting really bad. I looked over the intern I guessed, and blushed slightly feeling a bit embarrassed as he bandaged me and dressed me. I wasn't use to a male having such access to my body platonically. I felt all the wrappings on my body and wondered where I had gone wrong. Maybe I looked wrong, or maybe, it was just cause I was too different they knew about it.

I figured I would figure it out, but I was still sore and hurting. My ankle hurt more than it should and I felt like I needed more than just the ordinary aspirin. "Doctor, I'm really hurting. Don't you have something that would work to get the swelling down. I would be ever so grateful, I don't want to go to class looking like a freak." Feeling I was a bit desperate, I rubbed my shoulder and stomach as the movement hurt. At least nothing bad was going to happen to me now.

Flipping my hair back, "I mean look at me. I don't want to be the freak the rest of the school year. Is there anything?" I begged, hoping it would work by the time I got out to Tori.

Rolling to Manipulate the NPC
<Axe-man> !roll 2d6+0
<Krysmbot> Axe-man, 3+0 = 3
I support: #autosucessesforSeyah

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Harm 0/4 | Experience 3/5 | Conditions:

I'm not sure how I got here. Frankly, I'm never sure how I get here. I... I woke up here the first time. The first time after I died, I mean. And sometimes, when I get so depressed that I can't stand it anymore, I just... end up here. It's a wonderful glade, and I generally end up feeling better by the time I leave. I don't go looking for this place, though. It just seems like a bad idea. So I just stop to catch my breath and calm down like I always do.

But Nadia followed me here, and she starts talking, asking if I need to talk. I almost jump out of my skin when I see her still naked. I didn't really look before, but she's... pretty. A lump forms in my throat and I think back to the bathroom. Oh God, what was I thinking? How could she ever want to talk to me again? Still... she's here, worried about me.

I'm going to trust her. I've got to try and make her understand.

I look at her and try to explain, saying, "Look. I know... I know this is going to sound like crazy supernatural poo poo. You're going to think I'm crazy. Sometimes, I wish I was. But I'm not crazy." I choke for a moment, but I take a deep breath and spit it out.

"I'm dead. I'm a ghost. I died five years ago, and I've been stuck here. In this town. And I keep reliving things from my past. Like when you found me outside the dorm, I... relived my death. A hit and run. It was... bad." I shudder before continuing, saying, "And the bathroom was..." I flush when I think back to it, "... Um, something else. I'm really sorry."

I bite my lip. I don't know how she's taking this, so I add hesitantly, "I... I can prove it. Me being dead, I mean. If you need me to, anyway. I'm in my hometown newspaper's obituary. I... sorta kept a copy. I mean, how often can you read your own obituary, right?" I let out a weak chuckle. Then I look up at her. I'm fighting back tears in my eyes, but despite that, I still manage to feel hopeful. If she's stuck it out this long, she's just got to be my friend. ...Right?

Ohgodthiswasabadidea...

Turn on: 2d6 8
Telling Nadia what I think she wants to hear, and marking XP

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

xp 4/5 Harm 0/4 Conditions

Bwuh

Well that wasn't what I was expecting. It does explain why Mammon is both interested and wary of her. He told me soul collecting demons was bullshit though. Well maybe he says a lot of things. But poo poo more people believe in ghosts than the jerk I got a hotline to in my head so really this isn't so far fetched. It would be easier if she was just crazy and only had to remember to take her pills though, probably.

She looks awful, I just want to hug her but I don't think that's a good idea after what got us here. Besides I don't go for that moe bait bullshit. I only covered my face when she lights up like a Christmas tree because seeing blushing embarrassed girls makes me embarrassed too. There's a dutch word for it. I'm not bullshitting you. I only wanted to hug her platonically god drat it.

"Okay." I struggle to think of something to add. "Does the flashback thing happen often? That's a real problem." And then I mumble rubbing my lip, "I thought ghosts were supposed to be cold to the touch..." Hey shut up I was just considering her story. "But yeah, you're still you right? Whatever. Speaking of problems we need to get back to the dorm. And also I need to get my car back."

Hopefully inspiration strikes for a way to get through this.

Gaze 10 Vivid, carry one forward

Giving Lenora what she wants, acceptance.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Bwuh

Well that wasn't what I was expecting. It does explain why Mammon is both interested and wary of her. He told me soul collecting demons was bullshit though. Well maybe he says a lot of things. But poo poo more people believe in ghosts than the jerk I got a hotline to in my head so really this isn't so far fetched. It would be easier if she was just crazy and only had to remember to take her pills though, probably.

She looks awful, I just want to hug her but I don't think that's a good idea after what got us here. Besides I don't go for that moe bait bullshit. I only covered my face when she lights up like a Christmas tree because seeing blushing embarrassed girls makes me embarrassed too. There's a dutch word for it. I'm not bullshitting you. I only wanted to hug her platonically god drat it.

"Okay." I struggle to think of something to add. "Does the flashback thing happen often? That's a real problem." And then I mumble rubbing my lip, "I thought ghosts were supposed to be cold to the touch..." Hey shut up I was just considering her story. "But yeah, you're still you right? Whatever. Speaking of problems we need to get back to the dorm. And also I need to get my car back."

Hopefully inspiration strikes for a way to get through this.

Gaze 10 Vivid, carry one forward

Giving Lenora what she wants, acceptance.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe
Amanda, Melody, Kat

The lead officer sighs, and bites his cheek, you can tell, as he mulls over your words. "Fine." He spits, after a moment. "You just give us your dorm or dorms, and we'll be by if we need anything further - otherwise you're free to go."

To answer Amanda's question - the police will leave you all alone if you agree to giving them your address in case they need you for further questioning

Assuming you all acquiesce to that (far more) reasonable demand, what's next for you? Home? Try to find Seyah and Tori? Something else?

Melody

The news crew is still filming the three of you - but you, most of all. Do you want them to back off or are you ok with the attention still?

Samantha

"You trying to slander me?" The resteraunter sounds somewhat incredulous. "You get anyone involved in anything, and I'll sue you, little girl!" He points a finger with some vigor at Samantha's forehead.

Samantha's a slanderer

"Just get your things and get out. None of you are allowed back here, ever!" Well, at least the other guy was getting out of the way of the door. Where do you go from here? Both Lenora and Nadia are out of sight (probably a good thing in Nadia's case at least from a legality standpoint), but Nadia's car is still here. Are you going to try and find them? Contact them? Or are you going to try and head back to the dorm on your own?

Nadia
Squatting in the woods was apparently good for your thought process. Thankfully, it's a wooded area, so it should be pretty simple to circle around back and pick up your things from Eden. Come to think of it, the key probably fell out as Lenora was tugging you back in the window. It's likely they fell out outside Eden, around back. You wouldn't even need to go back inside, and you'd only need to be visible for the minute or so it'd take to get you to your car.

Tori

The boy comes over eagerly. After all, you're young, beautiful, and waving at him. "Well hello there." He says. Great lines, right? So what do you tell this guy to get him to come with you? Or do you have other methods of persuasion? Or are you just going to chow down right here (not recommended).

Seyah

The student-nurse looks at you with an incredulous face. "Miss Hakimi, we have strict regulations here, and I'm sorry, but none of your injuries require anything more severe than some advil, which you're welcome to two of." He hands you this, with a small paper cup full of water to wash it down with. Then he writes something down on his pad. "Now then, you should go home and get some rest." That was more of a command than a suggestion, namely 'get out of the office'.

Seyah gains the condition 'Monitored'

Everyone else

Keep on keeping on

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at 23:39 on May 31, 2015

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Harm 0/4 | Experience 3/5 | Conditions:

She still wants to be my friend! I can't believe my luck!

...Honestly, the fact she isn't weirded out is kinda weird, but I DON'T CARE! I've got a friend for the year! A really good one too!

That causes my stupid eyes to finally start crying, but I'm happy. I choke out, "Thank... thank you so much. You don't know how much this means to me."

One she starts asking questions, I want to tell her everything. I say, "Oh, the flashbacks aren't so bad, really. It's only when I'm really stressed or angry or surprised. Most of the time no one really pays enough attention to me to make me feel too bad, though, so it's normally only every other week or so." I say all of this with a chipper smile.

I look over at her and instantly avert my eyes as I remember she's not wearing any clothes. I add, "Oh, um. I suppose we should get you something to wear. Don't want to spend your first day of classes jailed for public indecency. But don't worry! I'll take care of it! It's the least I can do! I can even... um... drive the car here if you want me to."

I mean, I know how to drive, but I'm still not fond of cars or anything. But if she needs me to, I'll do it. I'd do anything for Nadia right now.

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at 23:56 on May 31, 2015

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Okay well that would solve that problem which really isn't the problem but not being locked out is an important step. Really going back for the key and the car might be more trouble to do before I redress. But with Lenny as my wingman on this I'm not too worried. At least until she starts reliving her tour in the jungle. Biweekling sounds really loving serious actually.

"Yeah sure, I guess." I pull out my car key and offer it. "Looks like my room key fell out the window too we'll need to grab that. But the trick will be getting to the dorm even with a car. The spot I had this morning was off the other side of campus. Which basically defeats the point right now. And that Chinaman might be pissed if he sees you. skulking around the shop."

SHY NUDIST GRRL fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Jun 1, 2015

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

XP: 2/5 Harm 0/4 Condition: Dear Leader

Handing over our dorm address to the cops, my jubilation at having masterminded this whole thing is giving way to irritation at dealing with the fallout. While the police seem content to continue questioning others, hopefully trying to find out whatever idiot started the fire, the camera crew continues filming us... correction, filming me. Getting in closer and closer, like vultures circling around a dying animal. Can't say I'm particularly thrilled - they already got the part I intended them to film - and now they're just bugging the poo poo out of me.

Hold Steady: 5 + 1 = 6
Marking XP

When the one actually casts a shadow over us though, I lose my cool. Turning away from Kat and Amanda - I'd just been about to suggest we head back to the dorms ourselves - I give the guy an irritated expression, kinda waving my hand to indicate they should get back. "Uhh, excuse you?" I try, but it doesn't work.

It's always so loving weird talking to papparazzi, since if they have the camera up, you can't see their face. Makes them seem very inhuman, and it's hard to judge whether or not they're actually listening to you, or just viewing you as a big pile of potential fame and money to leech off of. Regardless, they're actually fanning out around us now, not at all having taken my hint.

Stomping my foot, I change my waving hand into a middle finger, shoving it directly in the man's face/camera.

<Rauri> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 6+1 = 7

Giving Camera crew condition Vultures, taking one in exchange.

"What the gently caress is wrong with you? You already got what you wanted to see! Leave us alone you goddamn vultures!" I'm not backing down from the camera person I'm confronting at all, though I do hope the cops get them to leave us alone. "This isn't the loving red carpet or the Oscars, my parents aren't here, I'm just a students out with some friends and you need to quit loving hassling me!"

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

XP: 3/5 Harm: 0/4 Location: Nurses office Conditions: Predator, Yours Truly, Monitored

I looked down and swallowed the pills and drank the water, and held the ice pack to my eye. "Sorry, that I didn't want to look like someone beat me up because of the color of my skin. You loving rear end in a top hat." I jumped down off the gurney and yelped loudly as my foot touched the ground, "drat it why did I go to this loving poo poo hole school. Why couldn't I go some place without loving racist fucks all around me? I just wanted to come here and enjoy myself, and have fun learn something. What is wrong with your country? Aren't I a guest? Aren't you also a immigrant, you loving hypocrites." I waved him off and flipped him off.

"Well, I'll go off to school tomorrow looking like this and tell them exactly what my loving experience with america was." I left slamming the door on the guy and walked out to the waiting room through the small hallway, ducking down around the corner when I heard someone talking.

Tori was talking with a boy, and my heart dropped. I hid behind the wall at the empty nurses station and listened. I felt my shoulders droop and I leaned against the station. I felt stupid a bit and a bit silly, I didn't want to walk out and ruin something else for Tori. I had ruined the breakfast for everyone so I would wait and lean against the wall.

Shutting down Intern
<Axe-man> !roll 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> Axe-man, 9+1 = 10
Gaining a string on him, gains entangled condition

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Harm 0/4 | Experience 4/5 | Conditions: Terrified

I take the proffered key and climb to my feet. I give Nadia a quick smile and say, "Don't worry. I'll take care of everything! I know the city like the back of my hand." I want to give her a hug, but I'm lucky she doesn't think I'm weird for the kiss. Once she gets some clothes on, then. I leave her in the glade and say, "I'll call you when I'm back, ok? Don't go anywhere."

Once I get back, though, I've got a problem. There's no way the owner wants me back there, and... well... that sucks. But I guess I don't eat anymore. And I can always come back next year, right?

Fortunately, I've been around long enough to know that the fence in the back of the shop is broken. The owner uses it to sneak in and out during the day sometimes. I'm not sure why, but I'm glad it's there for now.

Sliding under the fence, I slip around the I scrabble around in the dirt and trash a little until I see the shiny metal of the key. Great! I think about the clothes still in the washroom. I could probably slip in through the window and get them. I pull myself up, but I see they're already gone. Rats!

Dropping back to the ground, I turn and try to sneak off to the car to bring it to get Nadia.

Hold Steady against the guy with something to hide: 2d6+2 7
I'll get terrified, but take +1 forward

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Jun 1, 2015

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

XP: 4/5 Harm: 0/4 Conditions: Stuck Up, Predator, Yours Truly

"Hi. My name's Tori. You are?" I know you're probably a musclehead who's good qualities are all on show right now. Not too important, except to keep my returning meals from getting themselves confused. He responds confidently, like he knows what he's doing. "I'm Austin." Austin? Well, at least it wasn't Billy Bob or some other obvious redneck name. He keeps talking, and I'm acting like I'm listening intently as I give my hair a little twirl of my finger. "Nice day, isn't it?" Oh, for gently caress's sake, if you could be more boring, I would bite you where you stood. "It's a little too hot for me, do you want to go some place a little more shady? -Quiet-?"

Oh thank god, he's stopped talking. Awkward enough as is, but I slowly lead him around a corner of the building, into one of the side stairway exits. "This'll work." I don't even wait through his confused expression before I pull him to block the door, covered on nearly every side except we just came from, and I go straight for his neck. Don't want to kill the boring boy, of course, that's way too much effort to spend on cleanup, especially during the day. Just take it easy, and you'll be able to be full for at least a day without causing any sort of trouble. I stop well before getting into that dangerous area, anyways. He'll be a little tired but maybe he'll like it. I set him gently against one of the walls. He tasted a little bland, but definitely very healthy for me.

I take out a pen from my purse, writing down a small message for this Austin boy on the side of his hand. Want more? followed by my cell number.

Marking XP for Feeding. Victim survives and take +1 forward.

A bit direct, but he didn't seem like the type to be good with subtle hints. I wipe my mouth, checking for whatever blood, and heading back towards the entrance of the Student Health Center. I notice Seyah being able to walk somewhat, and trying not to stare at the poor girl. "Seyah, are you alright? I just went out for a little walk. It's so -dirty- in there."

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

XP: 3/5 Harm: 0/4 Location: Nurses office Conditions: Predator, Yours Truly, Monitored

I stuck my head out when I heard the door close... did Tori just go out with a boy for a quicky? Images flashed through my head and I was a bit sore and angry with him. Maybe she wasn't going out there for that, but I did hear her talking with a boy at least. With no one in the waiting room, I start to walk out a bit. I was curious for sure, but also tired and cranky. I was sore, and I looked terrible, and now my roomate which was the only nice person around had run off with a boy. I kinda hoped at least he was cute, I mean, I could understand if I met the love of my life in the waiting room.

Still I was rather hopeful as I peeked out of the waiting room and walk toward the entrance a bit of a hobble in my step. It seemed like today was raining on me alone, even Tori found someone in the time it took for the rear end in a top hat doctor to help me.

Looking around, I spot Tori coming back, "Oh, yeah I guess it was. Have a good walk, you seem to have a bit of pep in your step." I commented on her reinvigorated attitude. The stupid doctor hadn't been a help at all, rather just another person who hated me obviously, I had to be careful. My foot was really sore as I walked toward Tori.

"You know, after breakfast, do you want to just order in tonight?" I ask hopefully, maybe she would like to hang out with me. "I mean I understand if you have plans, and right now at least for tonight, I don't know if I will be presentable." I emphasize really the word I was focusing on the most. Just forget about the boy, I'm sure it is nothing at all.

Has to be nothing, right?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Samantha Hunter
Harm 0/4 | Experience 3/5 | Conditions: Night Owl, Slanderer

"Pretty much. Except slandering is a lie. But fine." Whatever, he's telling me to get out, which is more or less what I wanted. I could care less about being banned, but Lenora seemed to like the place, so that was a bit of a shame. I'm about to do as he says and leave, but something holds me back. Nadia might have brought this upon herself for streaking (seriously, what the hell) but banning me and Lenora isn't right.

My fingers are itching like crazy as I glance around the place, looking for something the owner might have a connection to, and there it is. One of those small standing placards with the 'Restaurant of the Year" awards, and its clearly been handled a lot, the owner must be proud of it. And the best thing yet, its right by the door. I gather up my things and head towards the exit, my hand slipping down as I pass to grab the award just before I pass out of the door.

Hold Steady
7:34:18 PM godfish yolo :v:
7:34:20 PM godfish !r 2d6+1
7:34:21 PM Krysmbot godfish, 2+1 = 3
7:34:22 PM godfish RIP

marking xp for cold rolled last post that I forgot

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Waiting in the forest was boring and lovely. It was too much effort not to get any dirt on me. At least there was a signal out here.

After a few more tweets about how I'm clearly haunted by a lewd ghost and bizarre events that "happened" to me over the week I thought of something almost as important as managing my brand. Still had to take care of that church tonight. Well earnestness is a good policy and it should work to mask the ulterior motive so I open a group text on my phone with all the other girls of the dorm. The RA had us all swap numbers something something safety.

"Pretty lovely morning. Anyway want to try to forget about their day with me tonight?"

Just like trolling. You throw out a wide next and see what you catch. I'll have to stock up tonight depending on how many bites there are.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

XP: 4/5 Harm: 0/4 Conditions: Stuck Up, Predator, Yours Truly

"Oh, it was very, very nice. After all the loud noises and everything, it was nice and mostly quiet. As far as tonight goes, of course. We -need- to talk after everything that's happened today. Over dinner sounds fantastic. What would you like?" I hope I won't have to get into too many details about where I've been. Not that I can't have my own things, but saying that I had to go drink someone's blood so I wouldn't accidentally murder her in her sleep or anything crazy like that. "Do you need some help getting back to the dorm? I'm happy to help, we are roommates after all. Plan for tomorrow, you know, roommate things." I try not to put too much emphasis on what I don't know about living with other people. From single actual child to single with a single sire. Sharing things is not exactly something I'm used to.

"As far as being presentable, it's nothing that some time and a bit of makeup won't fix. You'll feel better tonight after some quiet and girl time, it's just been such a stressful day. In a few months, we'll laugh about these racist rednecks and their attempt to fight the 21st century. I just hope those types don't go to sleep here." I sigh, offering Seyah to lean on. I may need her some day to give something like an alibi if things get too crazy. "So, um, for the sorority thing, as much as it will be fun, there are certain -expectations- that might be in place. How much do you care about your current.. style?" I pause, trying not to be too aggressive here. I do want to know what she's thinking about everything. "There's something my aunt always told me, you need to dress for success."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

I leaned on Tori feeling a lot better, and smiling as I said, "Roommate things, yeah, I've never had a roommate. So it will be cool doing all those things. Yeah, we should talk, over dinner sounds great though I am not feeling very good." I thought of several things that must be going through her mind, and I had to quell them maybe. Perhaps she was wondering about where I was from... or she might be wondering if I liked her! Oh my! This could be awesome, maybe she wants to tell me secrets how to live in a sorority, or so many other things. This was going to be absolutely amazing. Dinner what to get, I didn't want to make her suspicious, but I already had decided.

"Do they have a place that does chicken curry?" That seems normal, I bet they did, if not, it would have to be the best of things, "Or maybe New York style pizza!" I said, feeling more confident that makeup wouldn't make me look like I had just been beat up. Tomorrow wasn't going to be a big deal, right? It was going to be great, this was already turning out to be a great day.

I chewed over my style, and wondered for a moment, "I think I could do with a really big change of everything right about now. I mean, I'm here now right? We should totes get me ready for that." I said feeling a bit more comfortable, "My style is nothing special, I tend to just like my clothes to match and match me, so if you can help me kick it up a notch I would be ever so grateful." I smiled as I leaned on Tori. This day was turning out great, sure it hurt, and I had been utterly humiliated, but I found a total bestie.

All my plans were coming together now, it was going to be great.

"Hey Tori," I asked slightly, "I kinda was a jerk to you for like last week. Kinda trying to ignore you in our room. I'm sorry about that. I mean it." I said honestly, and dishonestly at the same time.

• Locked thread