Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Hot: 0 Cold: 1 Volatile -1 Dark 1
XP: 5/5 Harm: 0/4 Location: Going up the stairs Conditions: Predator, Yours Truly, Monitored

After I helped up Tori and we both hobbled up to the lounge, hurting Nadia gave me conflicting emotions, I have to admit. First, I liked striking and using my carefully concealed and planned outward appearance that had allowed me to survive and hunt in my own way. It was a different story here, I had been too loud with the oil drum, but now I saw a chance to put my revenge in action, and it began with the lovely lovely words of ammonium nitrate, and it would cast the racist as the real terrorists. I considered the possibilities and how it could be easy done, "Nadia, I am sure we will get them, we can do it soon. However, I want to do it my way. Tonight though, I am sore, hurt and don't feel like running around in the middle of the night."

I try to make it clear as possible, it was time to play the real game, Tori was right there this place was different, and even though the same type of people existed, and I suppose it might also happen here at the same as in Bahrain in some respects, here I could have power. I hoped that Tori would join in.

Leaning over to Tori I whisper delicately in her ear, "I have a good plan for this, and it will be delightfully ironic. If you want to join in." I smiled and gave her arm a squeeze. "We will talk later Nadia and-" Then Becks started screaming loudly, and I had forgotten that Nadia was even naked anymore, I had been too engrossed with my plan.

"Becks, someone, like, stole Nadia's clothing it isn't like she is trying to flash us. It was all a big misunderstanding." I looked to Tori repeating her words, there was no use burning bridges.

Accepting Xp from Nadia to get back at the church via... THE PLAN

LEVEL UP! :wotwot:

Taking Disaffected :smugdog:

Axe-man fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Jun 8, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Hot:x 2 Cold: -1 Volatile -1 Dark 1x
XP: 4/5 Harm: 1/4 Conditions: Poor Taste, Yours Truly.

"It's ok." I said, Lenora could be surprisingly gentle when she wanted to be. Even if she did have cold hands that sent a tingle where she touched, "yeah it's a bit sore still but I'll live. " I added. As she went on I said "that's awful. No wonder she looked upset. She's lucky she didn't get burned any worse. I'm not sure I'd want to go to any restaurant that would let that happen anyway. "I frowned.

"Still if your stuck for someone to hang out with your welcome to hang with me. Us girls gotta stick together since we'll be sharing a room right?" I added confidently. I mean Melody was great and all but it would be nice to have someone a bit more down to earth to talk to and if we were rooming together she'd probably figure out all my terrible secrets anyway. But I really should try and find out more about her.

"Say I notice your bed wasn't slept in the other night. Have you got a boyfriend you're climbing into bed with already?" I asked half jokingly half teasingly . "that's pretty fast work since we've only been here a week."

giving lenora a string

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Hot 0 | Cold 1 | Volatile -1 | Dark 1
Harm 0/4 | Experience 4/5 | Conditions: Terrified

"My bed?" I say blankly. Then, sudden realization. She must think I'm a neat freak or something! Well... I guess it's better than her knowing the truth. She'd just flip!

"Oh... my bed. No... I just don't sleep very much. And I make it. So, no. No boyfriend for me." I turn the question around, grinning, "What about you? When I came in, you were off in your own little world, and I've seen that lovelorn face on other people before. You already run into a guy while you were out? Tell me all about him" Oh, this is going to be good! Roomie's already got a crush!

Spend my string as an XP bribe for her to tell me the truth.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

XP: 5/5 Harm: 1/4 Conditions: Poor Taste, Yours Truly.

taking that XP

I briefly thought about not saying anything but there was a chance it'd all be over the evening news anyway so it wouldn't do any harm to tell my roommate right. Besides maybe she could help me... somehow.

"Uhm, it's not a guy" I half whispered. Oh god I hope she doesn't freak out. I mean she doesn't strike me as another jesus type. "It's a girl"

hold steady
[23:02] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 9-1 = 8
Keep your cool

I manage to fight down my urge to blush. She waves me to go on. "Promise not laugh or call me an idiot." I ask nervously. Taking a deep breath. I say it "Melody." It's more of a sigh than a matter of fact admission. But she's the first person I've admitted it too I hope she doesn't think I'm crazy. "Thing is I don't think she's interested in me what would a famous and rich girl like that want with someone as plain as me. She could have any guy or girl she wanted." I went on.

Taking Self-Depreciating from the Neighbour

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Jun 7, 2015

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Harm 0/4 | Experience 4/5 | Conditions: Terrified

When she says her crush is a girl, I keep nodding. When she says it's Melody, I twitch in surprise. Still, I want to be her friend, so I say, "O-oh. Well, if that's how you feel about her, then I'm sure you'll catch her eye. After all, you're really nice. And smart, too! I mean, I've seen what classes your planning on taking in a few quarters, and I don't even think I can pronounce some of your textbooks." I bump her with my shoulder, saying, "And anyway, where's the Amanda who said, 'I'll be able to write my own ticket and won't ever have to worry about money again.'"

I smile and add, "So, you're going to the party tonight? I think Meloooody is going to be there."

Lenora is supportive and you can have a string.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

Hot 2, Cold 1, Volatile -1, Dark -1
XP: 0/5 Harm: 1/4 Conditions: Stuck Up, Predator, Yours Truly, Whiney

I notice that the RA has been inserting itself into the issue, and this is so not worth starting something official over. "Yeah, just some misunderstanding. Nothing serious, and I'm okay." I look between Seyah and Nadia for a moment, watching as Seyah gets some weird look in her eye after Nadia talks about revenge. This is -my- roommate, and I was going to teach her how to be the best predator she can be. Not any of this trashy, weird stuff that Nadia does. Like, it works for Nadia, but I'm don't want Seyah going that way too. But now's not a time to bare fangs, because there are a lot of people watching and it isn't like this has anything to do with me or Nadia. I told Seyah to be stronger, and this may be just what she needs. I guess I -have- to go along to make sure this isn't going to turn into something terrible.

"Well, I don't know what you're planning, but I'll come with at least. Just promise me this isn't something that will get either of us on the news again." I sigh, gently getting back up to my feet, checking my balance to make sure I'm not seriously hurt again. Dizziness would be very bad right about now. "Like, some of the townies are really terrible, but that doesn't mean we should be getting into fights with them if we can avoid it." I smirk at Nadia for a moment, looking over towards the rest of the group for a moment, then back to Seyah, whispering something to her. "Just.. nothing too big, alright? If we end up even more on the news, I'm not sure we're going to end up being able to do anything extra-curricular. No sorority, no nothing."

And it all comes back to that. At least it's a better story than please don't do anything that will attract vampire hunters to the city.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

XP: 0/5 Harm: 0/4 Location: Going up the stairs Conditions: Predator, Yours Truly, Monitored

I whispered back to Tori, "If everything goes well, the only people on the news will be them. As a hate group." I smiled and had the urge to give her a kiss, but instead I stepped back and gave a little wink. A venomous look in my eyes as I nodded slowly to Tori, this was going to be great going through my head. "Nothing more while we are out here with... everyone." I add in a whisper.

"Getting off my feet sounds really good right now" I said out loud feeling the stare from Becks on us.

"Lets go." I said playfully tugging at Tori's arm toward our room, but only half heartedly, "Oh yeah, Melody." I gulped turning a bit paler.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Hot 0 Cold -1 Volatile 1 Dark 1
xp 4/5 Harm 2/4 Conditions Yours Truly, Classless, judged

Hey I didn't invite Vicky. Sigh, whatever. She is already sounding like she'd rat us out if things go south. I'll have to talk Casbah about this on my own. And they look like they're in heat or whatever so I'll deal with that later. I'll have to hear what the plan is too. That look in her eye when she said that, Casbah isn't a normal shrinking violet from the blasted lands. She might be interesting. she mentions Mel and it makes me remember I forgot to include something in the text. All things considered I'm lucky it was even legible. "Uh yeah, I'll hook up with you later and hash out the details Casbah."

I walk down the hallway to Mel's room, having already forgot about Beck. I knock on the door. "Yo Mel!"

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Hot 2 Cold 1 Volatile -1 Dark -1
XP: 2/5 Harm 0/4 Condition: Dear Leader, Low Brow, Celebrity Trainwreck

"It wasn't really my fault!" I yell into the phone, half dressed and irate. They're supposed to help me, not yell at me! "Call them, offer a one on one interview to not run any of the footage, get some questions from them to me for approval, do what we pay you for!'

Hitting the end call button in a huff, my showing-off for Kat once again ended by some rear end in a top hat butting into my private life, I silently fume for a bit, searching through my closet till I've picked out something fitting. Also, that'll make me look like I belong here in case everything goes nuclear later tonight and reporters show up. Kat missed her chance to have some fun, I really was going to let her decide.

Deciding on a SUNY T-Shirt (slightly too small), pair of designer jeans, bracelets, matching necklace and earrings, some particularly cute sandals, a belt, and I switch to a different purse - need a splash more red to make sure the outfit still goes with my hair, and I'm dressed and ready to go. There's a knock at the door, and for a second I'm actually startled, almost afraid it's a reporter. The spies in Faerie are substantially more respectful of their snooping than reporters here.

Hold Steady
<Rauri> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 9+1 = 10
Keeps her cool and removes Celebrity Trainwreck

Not shouting out something I'd later regret, it turns out it's actually Nadia. Wonder what she wants, other than to ogle me in person? Taking one last moment to drop my stuff into my purse, I wave at Kat then open the door to see that it is, indeed, Nadia. Very much not wearing anything. "Sooooo..." I raise my hands up in front of my face really quick to enforce some privacy on her, aware that there's probably some camera or something like that down the hall filming this."Do you need some clothes, or something?"

Rauri fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Jun 8, 2015

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

"I guess, if everyone's going to ride my rear end over it." I sigh, "Whatever. I don't care about it. I got nothing to be ashamed of. ...And it'll gently caress up my laundry schedule if I throw on another outfit, right?" I smile at my joke but it's a pretty rueful one. "Yeah I forgot to say in the text if you want to do the catering its cool. Foot the bill and you can pick the poison." I fiddle with the phone and pull up the pic I took in the woods. That is not good quality, can't really tell it's Ingrid. "At least I got a souvenir for my trouble I guess. I'll know you to avoid it town. Casbah looked pretty roughed up, so I didn't hog all the bad luck it looks like. At least their didn't ruin your money maker, right?" I point to her face. I finally crack a genuine smile. Now I could finally joke around again without some insanity happening around me. I relax and lean with my arm on the doorway. She won't have a problem with my body if I don't right? Give her the ol' Burn Notice. Just act like you belong there.

Turn on Melody, taking advanted of low brow with a complete lack of subtlety in presentation. 12 taking string

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

XP: 2/5 Harm 0/4 Condition: Dear Leader, Low Brow

Ushering the incredibly naked Nadia into our room before people start paying that much attention to her (I mean inviting her in invites questions on its own but it's best to nip this in the bud right now) I roll my eyes as I lead her in, making sure only Kat can see. Wants me to pay for her party and needs some of my clothes? How needy.

Besides, if she thinks she's gonna embarrass me in front of Kat, she has another thing coming. With the door closed, I'm surprisingly comfortable with her nudity, pulling my hands down and just watching her to make sure she doesn't steal anything - she does have an interesting tattoo on her back, after all. And an interesting backside... Hmm. I don't believe she's been in my room before. Bet she's staggered by how much better it is than hers, since it's mostly my things in here. Kat and I both agreed my stuff was typically better than hers, and I have no problem with her using some of my possessions.

I point Nadia towards our overflowing closet, rainbow of clothes before her. "Pick something out, will probably need to make sure it fits you though." I nearly say too-tight, but manage to stop myself.

"As for the party, I'll do what I can. Things might be... shaky. Sort of got harassed by tea partiers and camera crews, there might be footage... me sponsoring drinking might be bad optics." I've been sitting on my bed, head propped up in my hand while I look from Kat on her own bed to Nadia picking out something she likes.

"Have you seen Tori or Sayeh? They were with me- er, us, earlier. Then they ran off."

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Mel's closet looks like a god drat peacock. I wince at the uncomfortable looking poo poo in there. "Oh those two? Yeah had a run in with them. They were like holding hands and poo poo. Ha! Gaaaaaaaay." I pulled out one of the shirts and turn around. "I don't know Mel, I think they all might be too tight." I turn around and cup my boobs. I top it off with a poo poo eating grin. Yeah eat that miss perfect. "Besides I have strict brand management." I dramatically hold my finger up, getting into my stride. "I have to always look my best and it is hard to find and improvement to this." I motion over myself. "This is how I get those six digit subscriber numbers after all.

Alright, enough ribbing she's offering me kindness after all. Oh I'm sure it's that self serving bullshit like her keyboard crusader fans but whatever. "Hey don't sweat the drinks. But I already got the Kraken in my trunk so that's what we're having unless someone else wants to provide."

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

XP: 2/5 Harm 0/4 Condition: Dear Leader, Low Brow

Since she's still stalking around our room in the nude and almost certainly making Kat uncomfortable, it's time to take charge of the situation. Standing up from my bed and starting towards the closet, I gently wrap an arm around her shoulder in order to corral her towards it. Colorful and weird, Nadia's a bit insane. Not too bad, though - and certainly intriguing, especially the bit about having so many subscribers. Will need to ask her about it later.

She wants to play the unashamed game, does she? Directing her attention to her breasts, I stare for a second or two (appreciatively) then declare "No, think we're pretty similar. Should be able to 'squeeze' into something of mine, at any rate." I start fishing through the closet for her, since she doesn't seem to have the attention span for it. I've still got one arm around her though, keeping her close to me. It's actually almost a shame Kat is here.

<Rauri> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 9+2 = 11

"So Nadia, want me to help pick something out? Guarantee it'll be perfect." There's some magic in that offer...

Offering Nadia a Faery Boon. Accepting Grants Yours Truly which Nadia already has, refusing gives her a string on Melody.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Oh jeez. Mel's holding me really close. But it's nice. Yeah it's all painfully deliberate but she pulls off that "generically attractive" with a bit of paradoxical flair. And I guess I'm just a sucker for being friendly to me. She seems like the sort of touchy feely type that's quick to toss out a hug too. I end up curling my arm around her waist. Throwing my arm over her shoulder too would be too much I think, but poo poo this might be even worse.

"Hey um." I squeeze her a bit closer. I was expecting some uber bitch to bite back, not this. Now I'm blanking like some idiot. It really must be something in the air in this dorm. gently caress it, no jokes. "Thanks, but I got this thing. Allodynia. Not a serious enough case for any doctor to give a poo poo. But my skin is pretty sensitive. So clothes are uncomfortable, pretty much in general." I frown. "People think I'm a slut or something because I don't like covering up. gently caress them, not worth my time or breath. So hey, thanks but this is all a bit more coverage than I like. A-and I'm not bullshitting you. It's a real thing look it up." I sigh. "Bluh, it's not even lunch time and today has been exhausting."

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

XP: 3/5 Harm 0/4 Condition: Dear Leader, Low Brow

Nadia gets a string on Melody for refusing her gift.

Oh... ok? She just wants to hang out naked in my room then? "Hmm. That sucks about your Allodynia." I'm like ninety percent certain it's a term she saw online somewhere and then latched onto, but my facial expression doesn't betray my irritation. Tone of voice starting too, though.

I release my grip on Nadia and walk to the door, half-tempted to open it on her already. Instead, I'll give her a second to snag something. If she's gonna be all nudisty everywhere, she needs to get out of my room. "Soo, since I think streaking is against the rules at most dorms and you probably don't want to get kicked out too earlier, there's a towel or something down there probably if you want it for the walk back." She could've been wearing an amazing outfit, and now I'm offering laundry at best. I don't like it when people refuse my generosity.

"Otherwise, I don't want people to 'get the wrong impression'." There's a smug look with that, since it's what she'd said to me in her text. "I'll see you after you've gotten yourself dressed, alright?" With that I open the door, and motion for her to leave.

<Rauri> hm, someone refused melody's gift
<Rauri> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 6+2 (tagging classless) = 8
Nadia gains the condition Nudist, Melody gains?

+1 XP from La Belle Dame

Rauri fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Jun 8, 2015

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

XP: 0/5 Harm: 0/4 Location: Going up the stairs Conditions: Predator, Yours Truly, Monitored

"Oh well then." I say as Nadia goes into Melody's room. "I really can't stand here anymore. I'll see you for movies and pizza!" I say as I start to limp toward our door. Opening it and closing it behind me. Sitting down on the bed, I start to dab at my bruises and lift off my shirt, all splattered with paint and mud. After a few moments of changing into flannel pajamas and I rolled my rather cheap HD tv out of my corner and toward the middle of the room. I wasn't sure how this was going to work, but It seemed natural. Also I had a movie that everyone I had talked with in New York had said I should see.

Turning on the Roku box, I wait and just idle, starting to do things like brush my teeth and other minor things to not look like someone took a baseball bat to my face and chest. It was still sore, and I popped another ibuprofen which the doctor felt was too scandalous for my loving inflamed and sore face and body. Oh no! If i take too many my liver will be hurt! The horror!

I grumble and rest up. Finally taking my toiletries and going to the shower, and hoping in for a quick one and anyplace the paint had gotten too. Finally feeling that I was nice and clean, I don my pjs back to my room and settle in. I didn't worry about Tori, I honestly didn't expect her to come and hang out with me. I was hopeful though.

Very hopeful.

Viscardus
Jun 1, 2011

Thus equipped by fortune, physique, and character, he was naturally indomitable, and subordinate to no one in the world.

Hot: +1 Cold: -1 Volatile: -1 Dark: +2 Resentment: 1
XP: 2/5 Harm: 0/4 Conditions: Yours Truly

I wasn't sure if Mel was serious about getting me to help her pick her outfit, but I have to admit it was a tempting offer. She really was just so beautiful. I thought back to the twinge of jealousy I'd felt when she kissed Amanda. Did I have a crush on her? It wouldn't be the first time I'd had a crush on another girl, to be honest, but I'd never actually done anything with one. My train of thought was quickly cut off by Mel's phone ringing, however, and then by the rather animated conversation that ensued when she answered it.

It wasn't difficult to figure out that it was about the incident at the Diner. Melody was a celebrity, and she'd been filmed acting... well, I didn't think there was anything wrong with what she'd done, but I could see how it might not play well for her in the those stupid gossip magazines. I wondered if there was anything I could do to help, but I was powerless unless she made a wish. Could I manipulate her into making one? It was the sort of thought that crossed my mind often - just think of the sort of the things I could do if I could get people to wish for what I wanted them to - but I rarely acted on it. Here and there I'd nudged people in the right direction, or got them talking on a particular topic, but I felt uncomfortable doing much more than that.

That train of thought, too, ended up being cut off by the appearance of Nadia, stark naked. I instinctively turned away - call me a prude, but I generally don't think people should expose themselves to others without their consent. I then proceeded to spend the next few minutes awkwardly trying to avoid looking at Nadia while she and Melody engaged in what seemed to me like a pretty ridiculous discussion. Why was Nadia's first priority not to get some drat clothes on? And somehow by the end of it, Nadia was still naked, despite having the opportunity to borrow Melody's clothes!

Finally Melody tried to get Nadia to leave. "Please go get dressed, Nadia," I finally sighed, my eyes still averted.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

XP: 0/5 Harm: 1/4 Conditions: Poor Taste, Yours Truly.

"That stuffs easy, It's just science, I can deal with science." I said. Now this sort of thing I had no experience with. My bastard of an ex-boyfriend had asked me out, I'd never had to do it the other way round. I didn't know how, especially to someone as downright gorgeous as Melody was.
Still did Lenora say there was a party tonight and Melody was going?

A plan was starting to form, I could go to the party get drunk and then try my luck with Melody. If she was interested then great! If not I could just lie and say I hadn't meant to and I was drunk and no one would be none the wiser. No that was a stupid idea, that wouldn't work would it?

"I really should study..." I said lamely and unconvincingly even to myself "Oh go on then one more party before we start properly won't do any harm." This was probably going to be my last chance before college started properly to connect with Melody since our class schedules were so different and I'd be working and she'd be busy celebritiying

I gave Lenora a quick hug,

[08:51] Ferrosol hugging
[08:51] Ferrosol !r 2d6+2
[08:51] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 10+2 = 12

"Shall we get together later and pick out what to wear? It could be a lot of fun." It was nice to have a roommate I could be friends with. Besides she'd just helped me out. I wonder was there someone she was interested in. Maybe I could ask her about it later.
Spending a string on Lenora to offer her an XP so we can get ready together

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

xp 4/5 Harm 2/4 Conditions Yours Truly, Classless, judged, nudist

I roll my eyes. "And here I hoped I could wear what I want in my own home. Jesus, I wish people wouldn't have such a god drat problem with my body." I just storm out. God drat prudes. loving pain in my rear end.

Melody gains prude

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Harm 0/4 | Experience 0/5 | Conditions: Terrified

I nod, silently urging her to come to the party. When she does and even suggests that we should do some roomie stuff before the party, I say, "Yeah, that's a good idea. Still, I'll let you do your laundry in peace, then catch you before the party, ok?"

I stand up and walk out, deciding to go relax in the common room, and people watch a little before we go get ready.

Man, today started a little rough, but its really turned out well!

Take XP, Accuire the MURDER GHOST Vengeful Ghost move.
:unsmigghh:

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Samantha Hunter
Hot -1 | Cold +1 | Volatile -1 | Dark +2
Harm 0/4 | Experience 4/5 | Conditions: Night Owl, Slanderer

I nod at Lenora, and give her a friendly, reassuring smile. "Yeah, just let me know when you decide."

While she calls Nadia again, I slip out of the car and hurry over to the pickup, taking a closer shot of the bloodstains, half turn to sprint back to the car, then pause, staring into the open window of the pickup. Should she? She should, it'd be the right thing to do... But should she stay there any longer?

Hold Steady
8:17:33 PM godfish !r 2d6+1
8:17:33 PM Krysmbot godfish, 7+1 = 8
Keeping calm

Yeah! She reaches into the car, grabs something at random out of the bag, letting her fingers and instincts do the walking to snatch something with a strong connection to the owner, then she turns and runs flat out back to the car, stuffing the item into her pocket.

----

Back in the dorm, I head inside a minute or so after Nadia to give her time to get out of the way so I don't attract too much attention for being with her, and head to my room. She isn't inside yet... but where is she then? Shrugging, I shut the door behind me and climb into bed, pulling the item out of my pocket to look at it for the first time. What is it? I reach out with my magic and let it flow through the item, reaching across vast distances of space to connect with its owner. Who are they? Who did they kill? Why?

Gaze into the Abyss
8:22:38 PM godfish !r 2d6+2
8:22:39 PM Krysmbot godfish, 4+2 = 6
I'll burn the token to make that a 7, take confusing and alarming
marking xp for hot in a new scene

When the visions fade, I look down to see the object, still whole, but the connection is gone, burnt up by the flow of magic going through it and curse to myself. I wanted to use that! Or at least keep it for protection...

Viscardus
Jun 1, 2011

Thus equipped by fortune, physique, and character, he was naturally indomitable, and subordinate to no one in the world.

Hot: +1 Cold: -1 Volatile: -1 Dark: +2 Resentment: 0
XP: 2+2/5 Harm: 0/4 Conditions: Yours Truly

"We wouldn't have such a problem with it if you actually wore clothes," I muttered under my breath once Nadia closed the door, but already my mind was working on a better solution to the problem: granting Nadia's wish in a way that would stop her from running around the building naked. The logic of it was a bit twisted, yes, but I'd screwed with the meaning of wishes more than once, and this was for a good cause, anyway. After all, if Nadia covered up more, people wouldn't have a problem with her body. Everybody wins.

And so as I granted the wish, I tried to steer it in that direction. But it was difficult, in a way I wouldn't have been able to describe even if I'd wanted to, and I felt it get away from me a little bit. I was pretty sure that it had worked, but couldn't be completely certain. Regardless, Nadia was gone now and it would be some time before I'd be able to tell exactly what the wish had done.

"So, uh, we were talking about what to wear tonight, right?" I asked, turning my attention back to Melody. Summoning up some courage, I pulled off my shirt, despite my shyness. As weird as Nadia was, she did make me consider that I might be a little too prudish. Melody was okay with getting changed in front of me, right? And if I were going to let someone watch me, Mel would be my first choice.

Twisting Nadia's Wish: 2d6+2 6

Tagging "Judged" to add +1. I'll choose to have Kat get caught up in the wish. The exact effect of the wish will remain vague until I can talk with TheTatteredKing, at which point LGW can also determine the effect on Kat.

Turning on Melody: 2d6+1 7

Viscardus fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Jun 10, 2015

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

"Yeah we wer..." I was in the midst of turning around while answering Kat's question, both of us clearly glad to be rid of Nadia and her nudism, when I see that she's taken her shirt off and my brain sort of craps out on me for a minute. Kat never changes in front of me, but here she is in just her bra. I'm not a lesbian, I'm mostly straight even, but I'll admit with no hesitation that Kat is gorgeous.

Recovering as best I can, I cough and then grin at her. Even look her in the eyes too... with some very great effort. "Ahem. Yes, let's get you dressed!" To be perfectly honest, I was half tempted to strip what I'd dressed myself in to give her the option of picking stuff out for me like I'd originally intended. For today though, I'll settle with deciding on her outfit. Now, how scandalous to make it?

Offering her my hand to pull her up and off the bed, I don't have to point out where our closet is to her, or wrap my arm around her to keep her corralled like I did with Nadia. I do put my arm over her shoulder despite not needing to, though. There's no guarantee she'll keep this rare confidence, and I'm somewhat planning on taking advantage of her newfound bravery. "Hmm..." I start to look through my giant assortment of clothes, trying to figure out what would both look amazing on her, while also complimenting what I'm in - basically, thinking of her as the perfect accessory. After a second or two I've decided, but I drag it out as if I haven't made up my mind yet. She's right next to me in just her bra, and I'm very much a fan of that at the moment.

"Sooo... how about this?" Grabbing one of my shorter skirts and handing it to her, I scurry off to my dresser to grab a few things while she contemplates just what she's gotten herself into, returning before she's had a chance to voice any complaints. "With this, and these?" This is one my midriff exposing shirts, and these are some colorful knee-high socks. There's an awfully pleasant grin to accompany the offer, too - I legitimately think Kat would look amazing in this stuff. I'd offer her Faerie clothes like I did Nadia, but she doesn't need them to look good. Honestly, almost worried she'd overshadow me!

"That good, or you want more options?" It's Kat, she'd probably be fine with it if I handed her a burlap sack - especially with how happily I'm looking at her!

Very extended way of saying she gets a string on Melody.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL" :smug:
Fun Shoe
This post marks the end of Scene 2 and the start of Scene 3, Highlights refreshed (but not changed)

Tori, Seyah

Becks looks like she's going to try and argue but Nadia storms off, so instead she just gives you both looks that basically amount to "I'm watching you" and heads out of the lounge. Have either of you run afoul of Becks before this point? Do you think she'd actually do anything or is she all talk?

Nadia

You storm out of Melody and Kat's dorm angrily, where do you start off to? Your dorm room or somewhere else? No matter where you go, you start to feel itchy, incomplete somehow. You realize you really want to put something on though that seems strange and peculiar. Mammon hisses angrily but isn't able to articulate what happened, exactly. When you do give into the (foreign) urge, you don't feel satisfied until you've covered basically everything but your head and your hands. When's the last time you dressed like this? Why does it make you so uncomfortable?

Kat

You twist the magic you release at Nadia with a smirk - certainly she would have less reason to complain about people being prudish about her body now - and Melody is even paying attention to you and offering to help you dress. Oddly though, all of the things she's offering seem...far too concealing for you. In fact, so does the bra and the pants you're wearing now, the urge to strip down is both foreign and almost unstoppable. Do you tend to notice when your magic backlashes on you? Or does this feel like it's supposed to?

Samantha

It's a bloodstained length of rope that you hold as you concentrate. Suddenly, you find yourself in a field, a heavy mallet in your large, powerful hands. You approach a flock of sheep, lift the mallet, and bring it down with a sickening crunch on the sheep's head. A voice whispers hungrily in the back of your mind. You skip forward, suddenly. It's dark, you tower over two women...neither of them have faces but you can tell one is Ingrid, from the local college. They are chanting. Blood pours from their mouths and eyes. The only light is the fire erupting from the sheep's corpse in your arms. The whispering behind you grows louder, frantic desperate, HUNGRY! You feel exalted - empowered - nothing would stop you now!

Then...you come back to yourself. You realize you've pulled the length of rope apart roughly and you've scraped your hands raw. Not enough to really hurt, but enough to be uncomfortable.

That Night

Whether or not you've decided to head out with Nadia for drinks, or stay in and watch movies, everyone's in a bit better a mood. A couple of the other girls are watching TV in the lounge, when the local news broadcast comes up. Many of you will recognize it as the scene from today - highly edited, and sanitized. No sign of the angry crowd, or anyone's impassioned speeches, or being pelted with paintballs. Instead, Meloda's angry rant, an exploding truck, and Melody flipping the bird (pixelated, of course), pausing it on her kiss with Amanda before cutting to a pair of talking heads discussing what this means for Miss Skye-Edgars, and if the stress of school is already getting to her. Telling the audience that she and her friends are considered persons of interest in the arson of The Diner. Everyone turns and looks at Melody (and Amanda) with shock on their faces - even those you've told the story to. How does everyone feel about that? Is it going to affect your nights?

Melody

Your phone rang just one more time that afternoon, but you missed it - why? What were you doing that caused you to miss the call? Who was it and why do you regret missing the call?

Amanda

Thankfully (well not thankfully, but you know what I mean), it was only the local news - which means you have about an hour before one of the gossip programs picks this up and runs with it. What made you realize that Melody was somehow a big deal celebrity? Do you call your parents before they see, or do you hope they don't see it at all? If you call them, do you out yourself or do you try to come up with an excuse?

Lenora

You took a nap this afternoon, which was weird, but this morning had been trying. What did you dream about? When you woke up, it seems everyone was ignoring you. Eventually you caught sight of a mirror - but not yourself. Somehow, it wasn't reflecting you at all. Even your attempts to scream are met with deaf ears. Has this ever happened before? Lenora enters her darkest self

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

"Sooo... not that?" It seems that's not 'party' enough for Kat? I have no idea where this newfound confidence is coming from, but I like it! So long as she still understands which of us is in charge, anyways.

"Hmm... well, there's always this section..." I move some of my heaviest clothes back, the stuff at the very apparent edge of the closet. There's some rather... questionable? Scandalous? Basically, stuff I didn't even want Kat seeing that I owned, I unpacked it myself when she was out. Now seems as good a time as any to reveal it. "I'm sure we can find something here that's 'last day of freedom' enough for you..."

It's not just my collection anymore, though it's a subtle transition. I am Gentry after all, we're subtle masters of gifts. This is what we do, and I'm incredibly amazing at it. There's anything Kat might want here - and what's more? I can guarantee it'll fit perfectly, look amazing, and feel like wearing nothing at all.

"See anything you like?"

Offering Kat a Faery Boon - Magic Clothes would grant +1 Forward towards Kat doing whatever she wants them for, and in exchange she gets a condition she already has. Can refuse for a string.

Will catch-up with scene 3 prompts in my next post.

Viscardus
Jun 1, 2011

XP: 4/5 Harm: 0/4 Conditions: Yours Truly

At first I'd thought that Nadia's display had just inspired me to be a little more bold. When I started feeling to urge to strip off more of my clothes, however, I started to realize that something was wrong, and it didn't take long to figure out that it had to do with the wish I'd just granted. One of the nice things about my magic is that at least I can generally "feel" its effects afterwards, so it only took a second for me to realize that I was, in fact, being affected by the wish. It was like... some aspect of my inhibitions had been transferred to Nadia, maybe? I wasn't completely sure. It wasn't the first time a wish had backfired on me, though I couldn't remember anything quite like this. It was like it was... messing with my mind. Or my feelings at least. Or was it? As Mel showed me the secret section of her closet, I felt increasingly like it wasn't that weird to feel like this. But no, that didn't make sense. I knew it was just the wish saying that, and a part of me was mortified that I'd even taken my shirt off in front of someone else.

And yet knowing that the feeling was unnatural didn't make it go away, and it certainly didn't relieve the increasing discomfort I felt in my current outfit. Without even thinking about it, I stripped down to my underwear - the shy part of me fortunately had enough control to stop me from going any further, at least - and browsed Melody's collection. All of them were skimpier than anything I'd normally wear (with the possible exception of the beach, and even then I wasn't much of a bikini fan), and yet even many of them looked... uncomfortable to the strange urge that was invading my mind.

For the moment, I decided that I had no choice but to give in, at least a little bit. I wasn't about to run around the building naked, of course, but wearing something revealing for a single night wouldn't hurt, right? At least until I could use someone else's wish to fix things. Strangely enough, I was actually starting to feel like the decision was making me feel more confident, even though I'd normally be mortified by the position I was in. Eventually I selected an outfit I wasn't even sure what to call. The top was barely better than a bikini top, though I told myself it looked a little classier than that. The bottom was a miniskirt, though even that was generous given how short it was. A microskirt, maybe? God, normally I would have been embarrassed beyond words to wear something like this, but at the moment it felt like an upper limit to the amount of fabric I could wear.

I changed quickly, but of course the top didn't leave any room for a bra underneath. And yet even so I didn't leave Mel's sight while I got dressed, part of me mortified at what I was doing and part of me wondering why I should bother wearing any clothes at all. Man, that wish had really done a number on me.

The outfit felt great, though, and fit perfectly, oddly enough. It was comfortable enough that I was able to push aside the nagging desire to strip down completely. "Let's go see who else is coming," I said to Mel, bizarrely feeling more assertive in my ridiculous outfit. I didn't even wait for Mel to agree - I just walked out the door and headed for the lounge, expecting her to follow. It wasn't like me at all, frankly, and yet I was kind of enjoying it.

Kat will accept the boon, obviously.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Huh?

Ok, quick question. You ever been at a friend's party, walked outside onto the porch, and had multiple flash cameras go off in your face? It's a stunning, flabbergasting, deer-in-headlights type feeling. This is basically that. Did Kat get laid while I had my headphones on or something?! I'm glad she's got a backbone now... and that she changed in front of me, that was spectacular and I'm gladder than ever she's hot, awesome, and into me. The outfit she picked, goodness. Literally won't blame some people for fixating on her instead of me!

The whole taking charge thing, though? Not a fan. Gonna have to put an end to it if she keeps it up, but I'm willing to let her have this evening...

Doubly so when we reached the lounge. Who watches the local news? As it turns out... gently caress! gently caress gently caress gently caress! WHY?!

<Rauri> Melody hold steady
<Rauri> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 8+1 = 9

And well of course everyone's looking at me, why wouldn't they? Amanda's close, and (oh dammit why does she have to have picked now to dress like that) Kat is too, but I'm the one the loving assholes on TV are discussing. How in the poo poo could school be getting to me already? No, it's rear end in a top hat like you, and my parents, and everyone telling me what I am and am not just because I was born famous! That's my loving problem, not this school!

That aside, I don't frown, or get angry, or do anything to betray my seething resentment at being condemned to dealing with this poo poo from birth. Instead, I look towards our RA. If she's publicly on my side, no one's going to be a bitch to me in public at least. "You know that all started when some bigots started harassing Sayeh, right?" I start, voice low. Gotta have room to build. "And I told them to leave her alone, so they gathered outside The Diner? Harassed us when we left? One of 'em even set off a bomb, and people" I glance at Amanda and Kat "were scared, soo.." I take a step forward, devilish grin in place, eyes twinkling. "I figured kissing Amanda would shut 'em up, and it totally did. Was fun too." That's mostly to throw Amanda a bone, I don't want her to feel too used. "And the camera guys got in our face later when we were talking to the cops, so of course I got mad about it."

She'll believe me, right?

<Rauri> manip npc (RA)
<Rauri> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 9+2 = 11

Rauri fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Jun 10, 2015

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

xp 4/5 Harm 2/4 Conditions Yours Truly, Classless, judged, nudist

gently caress them it's not like I have no fashion sense. I dig through the clothes I brought to see what i can whip together. Out of clean clothes it isn't much. A pair of tights for when it gets nippy, jorts over that, a button down shirt, and a open hoodie over that. When I finish I realize what the gently caress I'm doing. Or more like that i don't know what I'm doing. Why the hell am I doing this? Ugh why do I own tights. Apparently people don't feel their clothes on them like, all the time. It took me a while to figure out it was different for me. I never get used to the cloth on me. To distract myself from just running down my legs for hours to stop the vaguely itchy feeling I chat up Mammon.

"What the gently caress dude. I asked for a place where they wouldn't give me poo poo like that."
"Miss Fern if you wanted a miracle worker there is an angelic section of the Ars Goetia. An entire campus is a bit much to sway to your line of thinking."
"This is only a handful in the dorm here. You couldn't make that many be cool with me?"
"Well, I did. But we had different priorities of what they should be accepting of. Regardless I focused the request on an individual. An uncompromising woman, with an inhuman obligation, is made uncomfortable by certain outfits, has a fan following, and makes assumptions about their sexuality."
"Wait what does that last part mean? I'm not gay you jackass. Whatever. The only girl with a fan following is Mel. If you hooked me up with Mel you're fired."
"Possibly not. My nondisclosure agreements with other granter of boons is creating a lot of blind spots on campus for me. So I could not identify anyone for you that has friends in strange places. Though I suppose a coin has two sides. Whoever I sent you to find might not be what you hoped for."

I just groaned and got up. At least I could get drunk soon. Maybe with everyone loosened up I won't feel like I have to wrap up like I'm in a burka or some poo poo. Everyone's staring at the television. The News, oh boy is it the 70% of the program that's light news? Is it puppies. Oh b-boy it's Mel. Oh boy. Should have bought two more bottles.

"Oh poo poo. Looks like a job for the Brand Ayatollah."

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Harm 1/4 | Experience 0/5 | Conditions: Terrified

I... I don't think I've ever slept since I died. And now I'm glad I didn't. It was nothing but awful images. All my worst memories just playing on a loop. The hit and run, the start of my second freshman year when I tried to talk to my old friends, calling my parents, the time I tripped and went face fist into my food last year and the whole cafeteria laughed, and even more that thankful have begun to fade into the half memory of dreams.

I'm already groggy when I walk back to get to the room, and I see Melody and Kat heading to the common room. And then I decide to give Melody another chance. If Amanda thinks she's ok, maybe she's not so bad... right?

I wave and say, "Hey! How was your morning?"

The two of them don't even LOOK at me as they pass me in the hall. GOD WHY ARE THEY AWFUL? JUST IGNORING ME LIKE I DON'T EXIST. I at least thought KAT was nice, but she's just like Dear Leader.

I whirl around and yell after them, "QUIT IGNORING ME." AND THEY JUST KEEP WALKING! Now they're ALL watching something on TV now. NO ONE even looked at me yelling my lungs out!
BLAAAAAME Dear Leader: 2d6+2 10
Blame Kat and Melody

I can feel myself start to tear up. Everyone's ignoring me now. ...WELL FINE! SEE IF YOU CAN IGNORE THIS, MELODY! I grab a tacky metal owl sculpture from a table in the hall and hurl it at her head! Almost everyone is still watching the TV, so there's a lot of confused looks when her head suddenly rocks back. The sculpture drops to the ground with a thunk. AND THEY STILL DON'T EVEN LOOK AT ME!

Lash out at the blamed: 2d6+3 9
Lash out at Melody for two harm. I'll take a harm.

I give up. I don't know what to do. I want to run to my room, lock the door and just cry. I turn to leave and catch sight of the hallway mirror. There's nothing. I'm not there. I'M NOT THERE! I'M NOT HERE! OH MY GOD, WHAT HAPPENED TO ME! Is this because I've stayed here too long? I just sink down against the wall, crying.

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Jun 11, 2015

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Hot: 2 Cold: -1 Volatile -1 Dark: 1
XP: 0/5 Harm: 1/4 Conditions: Poor Taste, Yours Truly

I finally finished all my washing and drying and got everything together. By the time I got back Lenora was laid out on top of her bed fast asleep. Not wanting to disturb her I set down my basket gently and paused only to grab one of my textbooks before heading for the lounge. A few of the other girls were lazing around watching TV but I wasn't in the mood for talking so I just tried to read the book. To be honest I'm not sure how much of it I took in, most of my thoughts were still kind of distracted by Melody. I must have lost track of time or something because the hours seemed to flow by. If I hadn't have glanced up at the clock I would've been late.

Crap where was Lenora, She wasn't in the lounge or kitchen and she certainly wasn't in our room. I was really disappointed with her. I'd thought it would be fun for the two of us to pick out our outfits and talk to each other. Get to know each other better. But then she just upped and vanished. Not even a note can you believe it?
Looks like I'd just have to get ready on my own. I went through my wardrobe with grim determination. I'd have to find the perfect outfit if I was going to have any chance with Melody. I couldn't wear my usual college stuff. Too cheap, church dress too formal, not that top, eww why did I still have that skirt. Ugh nothing I had was right, Still I couldn't go out naked. After much dithering I settled on a probably too short denim mini-skirt and a rather low cut plain v-neck top. Might as well show myself off and have a little fun on our last free night. At least then I could hopefully get some attention from Melody.

Looked like I was one of the first ones ready. So I sat down with some of the other girls in the lounge. So I just sat and watched a little TV Nadia was there as well looking really over-dressed for her. The local news was just starting to play when Melody, and wait was that Kat? I thought my outfit was rather short but Kat's well it left nothing to the imagination. Jesus Christ, Melody wouldn't even look at me when Kat was dressed like that. Still I barely had time to say anything before the news started playing the lead story pictures of Melody arguing and then I could feel myself starting to blush, pictures of her kissing me. I just want to bury my head in my hands and not say anything. I just did not know what to say. Fortunately Melody dived straight in with an explanation. She thought our kissing was fun at least, So there was that, and she was trying to explain what had really happened to everyone.

I'm still annoyed that I didn't put it all together from the beginning that Melody was famous. I mean she was rich she was absolutely gorgeous and she had that poise and sense that she had everything she wanted. I should've put that together with the vague sense that I knew her from somewhere and realised who she really was long before we went to that restaurant. As it was by the time we came out of the restaurant I was way too head over heels to back out. And to think I call myself a scientist yet couldn't analyse all that evidence that was right in front of my face. Then my brain started going into overdrive. If this was on the local news and Melody was famous, then that meant before too long this would be on the internet where my Mom could see it.....

Oh poo poo!

If i'd thought I was in trouble earlier. Now things were a million times worse. My parents were going to kill me. I was dead, dead dead! I should really call them and let them know what was going on before they found out from some news programme. But what would I say "Oh hi Mom, yeah by the way one of my dorm mates is this really hot celebrity chick, I'm totally in love with her and I'm now a lesbian. Oh and just to make it clear there's probably a video of us kissing that's going to be plastered all over the internet for every single one of our family and friends to see. So are we still on for thanksgiving?" Yeah that would go down real well. But putting it off wouldn't make it any easier so I should probably call my folks. Maybe if I could just talk to dad I could explain what really happened slowly and then he could persuade Mom it was all gonna be ok. It was a long shot but right now I had to do something before things got worse. I was just standing to leave when it happened.

Hold Steady
[17:34] Ferrosol Will not freak out
[17:34] Ferrosol !r 2d6-1
[17:34] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 7-1 = 6
[17:34] Ferrosol totally freaking out

That ugly little owl sculpture hit Melody on the side of her head. Oh god, oh god she's hurt is that blood, oh god, what will I do if anything happens to her. I rushed straight over all thoughts of what it might look like thrown to one side and knelt down beside her. "Melody! are you ok she looked a little dazed and oh god was that more blood was she still bleeding" I turned and yelled at the rest of the girls "quickly someone find a first aid kit" Where the hell had that even come from someone must have thrown it at her. When I found out who I was going to rip out their guts with a rusty knife how could they do that to my Melody. People were milling around in such panic though I couldn't figure out who'd thrown it.

Still I tried to dredge up my half remembered bits of first aid training. I'd been a girl scout I should know this stuff. Think Amanda think....

How can I save Melody
[17:42] Ferrosol gazing
[17:42] Ferrosol !r 2d6+1
[17:42] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 8+1 = 9
confusing and alarming.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe
Melody, the rest of the girls in the lounge laugh, some genuinely, some to be polite, and some perhaps a bit nervously. In the corner Ingrid seems more interested in the following news report about a number of cattle and sheep mutilations in the area than in what you're saying, but who cares about that stuff? Ingrid's a weird girl.

Even Becks seems sympathetic. She nods. "Yeah the loving news crews around here are goddamn vultures sometimes, sorry about that Melody. And you too, Seyah, definitely. Oh, and Amanda. You guys know you can always call me about anything ok? I'm always up to a chat when I get time." She gives you all a smile, that last part was for the whole room.

"So is everybody excited about classes tomo..." she starts, when suddenly a statuette flies out of the hallway and beans Melody in the face, sending her end over end over the chair. "poo poo!" Becks swears, and charges out into the hallway, after an assailant that clearly must have already fled the scene.

Amanda rushes over immediately, and some of the other girls want to get involved, too. The sight of blood causes Amanda to pass out. And the girls panic, people start getting out their cell phones.

Amanda, to you everything gets hazy and indistinct. You're suddenly taking a first aid's course again, an instructor has a projector and he's showing gruesome injuries, explaining both how to treat and how to cause them. As you struggle to pay attention because, for some reason, you find the conversation very dry and not at all exciting, a muted, far-away ringing sounds in your ears.

The projection changes, and it's Melody, unconscious on the ground with a bludgeoned looking head. The instructor smiles at you. "For this, Amanda would need to perform mouth to mouth. And mouth to elsewhere. Gotta make sure she's safe forever Amanda, you're the only one who can RINGRINGRING" his voice turns into a ringing phone. No, it's your ringtone!

You snap awake. Your cell phone is going off, loudly, as you see that some of the other girls have put a cold-compress on Melody's rapidly forming bruise, forming a wall between you and her. The name on the phone is chilling: Mom.

Viscardus
Jun 1, 2011

XP: 4/5 Harm: 0/4 Conditions: Yours Truly, Blamed

Watching the news report was upsetting, especially because of how badly Melody was portrayed. It was awful how they treated her, like she deserved to have her life picked apart just because her parents were famous. I was glad that at least I'd only been visible for a brief moment in the background, but that wasn't much consolation for anybody else. It was upsetting enough that it distracted me from the awkwardness I felt about my current outfit, at least.

And then things went from bad to worse. Out of nowhere, someone threw something at Melody. I didn't even see it, only the aftermath: Melody lying on the floor, bleeding. For a moment I was about to panic, but I managed to keep my cool. I stopped myself. What do you do in a situation like this? Someone had to call an ambulance. It might not end up being necessary, if Mel was lucky, but it was important nonetheless. She was hit in the head, so she could have a concussion. She was bleeding, and wherever she was hit there would probably be swelling, and certainly pain. An ice pack or something like that would help.

I pulled out my phone and dialled 911. "Ellen, go to the freezer and look for an ice pack or something," I said as I did it. It was important to tell specific people what to do, or else everyone might freeze and expect someone else to do it. "Lindsey, make sure she stays awake."

The dispatcher answered immediately. "I need an ambulance at Julian Victoire Hall." She said that one was on its way, and started asking me questions about Mel's injuries. "She was hit with a large object. She might have a concussion. She's bleeding, something might be broken or fractured, or..." I was starting to lose it, but the woman on the phone helped to keep me calm. God, I just wanted this to be over. I kept speaking to the woman, answering her questions as best I could, hoping the paramedics would get here soon.

Holding Steady: 2d6-1 8

Kat will keep her cool.

Viscardus fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Jun 11, 2015

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

Hot 2, Cold 1, Volatile -1, Dark -1
XP: 0/5 Harm: 1/4 Conditions: Stuck Up, Predator, Yours Truly, Whiney

Becks really is trying to handle things as much as she can, and it is probably hard with an actual celebrity on the floor. She's definitely got a reason to keep an eye on me, given all the questionable hours and states she's seen me in over the last week. Partying with Abigail isn't exactly something subtle, but having her walk into the bathroom with me dressed in a party dress and high heels at four in the morning probably isn't earning me resident of the month in her mind. I wouldn't blame her, if it wasn't for that natural nocturnal comfort and the lack of responsibility for this first week, I'd probably look at myself the same way. As long as I stick to the sort of mild trouble, though, I think I'll be fine. There are definitely people around who are more trouble than I am, which will work just fine. She may have an eye on me, but she'll probably have bigger concerns in the next week or two.

I try to spend some time making small talk with some of the other people in the dorm, not in the least because I wanted to see which other crazies I lived with. Figure out how many of the others would be willing to shove me down a flight of stairs, for example. But most of the others seemed normal, at least in that regard. Put in some work on getting Seyah some people to talk to, for example. People better than Nadia, at least. As the newscast starts but before they get to the Diner, I spend some time talking to Jenna about Seyah and her amazing story. I didn't get too much into the details, but knowing that they're both Gender Studies majors may get Seyah to get out of her shell a little more before classes start. I did add some mystery to it, and it definitely wasn't my story to tell. The worst that could happen is Jenna really wasn't interested.

Wingwoman time. Seyah can roll to turn on Jenna.

And then the news shows up. Well, time to let Melody handle the complicated part. Although being a -person of interest- for an arson sounds very hamfisted for what actually happened. I gave a quick apology as the newscast plays. "Sorry about running after Seyah like that, it looked like she might have been hit in the eye and couldn't see. She might have been really hurt." I barely finish that little apology before the statue flies across the room hitting Melody right in the head. I followed Becks quickly into the hallway, shouting at what appears to be absolutely no one. No one in this hall is a track star, right? I shout into the empty hallway. "What the hell are you doing?! Who was that?!"

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

xp 5/5 Harm 2/4 Conditions Yours Truly, Classless, nudist

What the hell is Kat wearing? Is she making of me? Ugh, why did I even put on this poo poo. I keep pulling at my collar thinking about it. And why did Mammon hiss when I left their room? I got caught up in what to wear... for some reason, and didn't think to ask him. Before I can think anymore on that though all hell breaks loose. Mel wins the bad day contest when she gets beamed by something. All the other girls poop the bed when they hear she's bleeding. But I just kind of watch, it's surreal. The day has been a total farce and I just don't have the energy to be surprised at the next spill. I already know where the first aid kit is, since I used it earlier. I take it out and place it next to Mel. I don't want to get in the way of Mandy slobbering over her Cannot Have though.

"Jesus Christ." I finally say. This was really happening. Miss Ivory Tower is actually bleeding. I fumble out a cotton ball to put some pressure on the wound. Keeping that blood in there is a start. Then some gauze. Ugh my tights are rubbing up between my legs and the floor. Why did I put the on? What was I doing? Oh right. Um. poo poo why did Mammon hiss? Uh I was supposed to be wrapping her head. What is wrong with my head though. I'm not thinking right. I drop the gauze and feel for the brand. I lose focus on what's around me to focus on the hellmouth next to my hellmouth. Did i make that joke before?

Gaze What made Mammon hiss? 10 Visions are clear and remove the Judged condition

Taking Jealous Coils

SHY NUDIST GRRL fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Jun 11, 2015

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

XP: 4/5 Harm 2/4 Condition: Dear Leader, Low Brow, Blamed

Oh cool, looks like the RA-

And suddenly something very, very hard hits me in the head, and now I'm on the ground bleeding, putting my hand up to where it hurts, trying to figure out what the hell just happened. I don't get hurt like this! Who would do this to me? As everyone closes in around me, I almost feel a panic attack coming on. It's a lot like being rushed by the media, except I'm on my back and hurt! Hard to feel like a cool and composed Gentry celebrity at a time like this, that's for certain.

<Rauri> Hold Steady
<Rauri> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 12+1 = 13
<Jenner|COOKING> SOLID
Removing the Dear Leader condition, marking cold XP since I forgot to do so earlier this scene.

"gently caress!" I remark, but otherwise manage to keep my cool. It turns out they're actually all trying to help me, even Nadia. Who also seems to have put some clothes on, so beginning to think I may be concussed. Ouch and gently caress whoever threw that! Why? I haven't been mean to a single loving person here, I haven't done anything wrong! "Who threw that?" I try and ask over the panic and confusion, which isn't easy since it's all centered on me. Basically the entire dorm is here, so who could it have been? Was it one of those tea-partiers somehow? Do I need to hire security guards while I'm here? Christ.

"Whoever threw that should go loving kill themself! Oww!" Ok that's probably a little over the line, but let me reiterate: someone threw a loving statue at my head for no reason and ruined my chances of partying tonight!

<Rauri> Shut Down
<Rauri> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 4+1 = 5
<Jenner|COOKING> TIMID

Should I be going to the hospital or something? I'm literally not used to getting hurt, I don't know what I'm supposed to be doing here! Amanda's taken charge of taking care of me I think... she's really smart, right? Gonna let her handle things. For now.

Rauri fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Jun 11, 2015

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Harm 1/4 | Experience 0/5 | Conditions: Terrified, DARKEST SELF

I curse as soon as everyone crowds around her. Of course, everyone's feeling bad for her. Never mind that she started it this morning. And, STILL no one even notices I'm not there. I'm about to go out the back door and try to calm down when she says... IT. She just says what I know they're all thinking. All of them.

"Whoever threw that should go loving kill themself!"

I just... I lose it. I jump up and lunge through the crowd around her. I'm kneeling next to her, and I start flailing at her. I try and hurt her like I'm hurting, but nothing happens. My limbs just go through her body without any sensation at all. With eyes full of tears, I pound my fist right through her head, in frustration.

Exhausted from my futile efforts to hurt her, I collapse to my hands and knees. I start openly sobbing and then moan, "Why... why does everyone always ignore me?"

Not that anyone hears me.

Gaze into the Abyss: 2d6+1 8
Confusing and alarming, please!

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe
Nadia

As you touch the brand, everything seems to rewind for you, your own body included as you step outside of yourself. Hours pass in moments - in reverse, until you find yourself down the hall again, watching the scene frozen in a moment - you, storming out of Melody and Kat's room, still starkers, shouting over your shoulder. Like a ripple on a pond, your own voice comes back to you - "I wish people wouldn't have such a god drat problem with my body.", but much like a ripple on a pond, it reverberates, altering somehow, until your recognize it's two voices, each saying similar, but different things.

One voice is yours, it says "I wish I had a god drat problem with my body."

The other voice, is Kat's, it says "I wish I wouldn't have such a god drat problem with my body."

Mammon's hiss reverberates through your skull again and you can see, finally, somehow, burning strands of gold streaming out of Kat's fingertips and into your frozen mouth - or perhaps the other way. Regardless, some of the stream was exploding upwards into Kat's sneering mouth all the same.

That seen, you feel a tug, and suddenly you snap back into your own body, as you realize someone - Lindsey, in fact, is shaking your shoulder. "...I said: Nadia, are you ok? You're kind of...uhm, grabbing your rear end." She sort of blushes as she brings this up. Your other hand was still holding gauze for Melody.

Melody

Your verbal tongue-lashing sounds kind of weak and pathetic, even to your own ears. More like whining than any real insult. You hoped whoever said it felt bad, but really, you're the one who felt bad. This entire day hasn't gone right - The Diner turned into a PR nightmare. Kat's upstaging you with your OWN clothes, and now someone's throwing things at you and you can't even pin down who!

If you were any lesser a person, you'd break into tears. But you have broken into tears, haven't you? It's almost as if someone had punched you in the gut. But no, it's more like...the memory of a punch that never happened? And everyone is watching you sob on the floor. How has this already happened, do you think? Do you think the rest of the semester is going to be this bad? Or do you have some way to regain control?

Melody gains the condition Crybaby

Lenora

You collapse to your hands and knees. No one is paying you any attention. You should kill yourself. Your life, or whatever is left of it, is meaningless.

Wait...you realize that wasn't simply your own thoughts. You look up, and you're...nowhere. You'd think everything was dark, but it was more like everything was nothing. Because you're weak.

The thought is intrusive. It's in your own mental voice but it's not you, somehow. Weak and useless. Even before you died.

You want the thoughts to stop but they don't. It was a random accident. That's all it's ever been with you, isn't it? A victim of circumstance. How pathetic that such a thing would bind you here, or is it just that you can't work up the effort to move on. Was it right? What it was saying, did it make sense? Look now, you've barely met these people and they're already moving on without you. You're already being forgotten. Don't you want to fight for your life? Aren't you going to try? Or are you just going to lash out until you fade away entirely? No one's going to attribute such deeds to you. No one is going to miss such a pathetic creature

The world returns to you all at once, but it's not the dorm room. It's a stretch of road heading to the campus. Lonely, empty, right now. Everyone who's coming or going already has done so, as it's a Sunday evening. Everybody but you.

This is where you died, you realize as you stand up out of the dirt.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Samantha Hunter
Hot -1 | Cold +1 | Volatile -1 | Dark +2
Harm 0/4 | Experience 4/5 | Conditions: Night Owl, Slanderer

I stare down at the frayed rope in my hands for a long minute, thinking through the vision. That was clearly some form of ritual. A summoning? I couldn't say for sure about that, but the feeling at the end, the feeling of power, whoever I had been seeing out of was someone to worry about. And I had just lost my only connection to them- no, not quite. I had the licence plate photos, and I knew one of the people involved was Ingrid.

Then I stand up, quietly walk to the window and throw the remains of the rope out of it to fall the few stories to ground and start bandaging my hands.

--

In the common room with most of everybody else, I was only half watching the news when Melody showed up, focusing more on watching Ingrid out of the corner of my eye, but once Melody falls to the floor bleeding, I can't help but focus on her, having to fight back a grin at the sight of her and the thought of how badly her Melody Thing went this morning. I don't feel bad about not ending up hexing her now, it looks like her day has gone badly enough without any of my help. Forcing my attention back off of her, I turn back to Ingrid, who seems to be completely ignoring this, and is instead watching a report on the livestock mutilation. Which would be the kind of story I ignored completely, if not for that vision. Shifting up to her, I point at the screen one with hand, the flopping down to rest casually a few inches from where her purse is sitting. "Why do you think some weirdo would do something like that? Do they get a kick out of it or something?"

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

xp 0/5 Harm 2/4 Conditions Yours Truly, Classless, nudist

"Huh? Oh um, I had an itch." I feel my face go flush. UGH. I'm going to... do something to that girl. But I'll stew on that later. Melody broke out into tears. And well poo poo I don't blame her. I'd probably go through impotent rage and tears if I had my head cracked open. I shake my head to refocus and bandage Melody up. She ends up with her head on my lap when I'm done. I feel myself blushing again. God drat it I'm going to kill Kat. "Hey it's going to be okay Mel. And if you want you can reserve a whole bottle." I scratch my cheek as I offer.

Turn on 4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Harm 1/4 | Experience 0/5 | Conditions: Terrified, DARKEST SELF

I feel like, if I had a stomach, I'd be vomiting right now. The world's still spinning, and I'm laying down in the middle... of the... road? I climb up to my feet woozily and squint into the bright light. Wait. Bright light?

I shriek in horror as a car comes barring at me, and I try to move. My legs don't listen. I just stare at the car as it doesn't slow an instant, and then... it passes through me harmlessly. Even cars can't be bothered with me today.

Somehow, that makes this even more miserable.

After getting out of the street, I take a look around, but it only takes a moment for me to figure out that I'm right outside The Bar. Where I died. I just can't catch a break today. Why here? Of all the places, why here?

I don't know... what that was that was talking to me, but it was right. I'm not going to just let this happen to me. And I... I DO have friends. They care about me. We'll figure this out, together. I hope.

I choke back sniffles as I text Sam and Nadia. I think about texting Amanda, but I think she'd freak out if she found out about what I am.

quote:

Are you there? I need help. I'm out by the Bar. It's where that thing I told you about before happened. Please.

• Locked thread