Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I want to be in all three so put me in please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Please make me Taco or Ruxin, thanks mac

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

What's going on friends?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

dscruffy1 posted:

It's three days left and no one is throwing stones. I'm new to this day one thing.

##vote dcsruffy1 lets look at this post and really break it down:

It's - Vague subject to lead off the sentence. Why can't dscruffy1 commit to a more definite article? Possibly nerves?

three days left - pointless reiteration of something that is obvious to everyone. Also, why is dscruffy1 on so concerned with the time left? Who likes to watch the clock? SCUM

and no one - again, the vagueness. Throws shade on the entire game and leaves himself (herself?) open to put a vote anywhere later in the game. Quite scummy.

is throwing stones. - More vague metaphors. Is throwing stones good? It doesn't sound good, it sounds anti-social and belligerent. Why does dcruffy1 want people to act violently? This is a scumtell.

I'm new - here dscruffy1 tries to play on our emotions and subtly begs for the "new guy shield" yet how do we know dscruffy1 is really new? We don't of course, and given the rest of his post this is probably more misinformation and lies. Why are you still reading this case and not voting dscruffy1?

to this day one - Oh look another reference to time to make us think dscruffy1 is looking out for the towns best interest. Yet he also uses "this" to covertly take ownership of the day. We all know who owns day 1. Scum.

thing. - Oh look another vague term that leave dscruffy1 open to claim the "thing" he was talking about refers to whatever he wants to push his scum agenda later.

There friends, I have solved D1 for you.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Asiina posted:

##vote death miller

I hope this has become an alias for me

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hal Incandenza posted:

I hope this has become an alias for me

It has! :yaycloud:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Gulag did it better.

Rude. I would vote for you if I hadn't already found scum.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

You ladies need to grow some balls

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Asiina posted:

It is, but we're not complete jerks. New players usually get a bit of a pass.

Oh like we are going to end up going with him. No one who is ever the leader early on D1 ends up being the kill.

We're just letting him get his feet wet at being targeted.

That being said, my case was pretty great.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

loving League 1

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Man I wanted to win Krellfia

Also I am not reading the mafia thread, can anyone tell me how many ladies (or dudes) picked me for f?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Pinterest Mom posted:

the rules were "mfk the last three posters"

Shoot.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Somberbrero posted:

I think it is very difficult to make an accurate meta case. It does really irritate me when someone says "Somber never/always does this as town/scum" because my play if often influenced by real life circumstances that have nothing to do with the game.

I agree with this for the most part, but eventually you can play with someone enough to get some idea of how they post when distracted and when they have more time.

But no matter what, meta is maybe passable as a secondary reasoning behind a case at best, you are never going to convince anyone with just "meta" or "gut" and nothing else.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

What exactly happened in Wild and Crazy kids anyway?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Is THIS the right time to claim death miller?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Oh wow less than an hour to deadline, ok

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

GG definitely sounds more fake than weird to me. ##vote GG

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

merk posted:

Morn is what a lot of people would call flailing.

Doesn't look like flailing to me, looks like frustration

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Somberbrero posted:

Opop did your earlier sniping have a point or did you just feel like being an rear end?

Which sniping are you referring to? I don't really see it.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Pinterest Mom posted:

somber and gulag being so quick to buy the investigation result is v suspish

No joke. Somber doesn't even really comment on it at all just votes like second-hand anonymous messages with investigation results are the most reliable things in the world.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Somberbrero posted:

Look at you, poster: a pathetic creature of meat and bone, lying and claiming as you run through my corridors.

No one is cooler than Somber.

That being said, I must have missed something... we vote capps and they he gets shot?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I am amused

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

If you have a PS2 I'd totally buy that

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

CapitalistPig posted:

Because I want to be that hammer are you even paying attention to this thread?

Hilarious :ironicat:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

this game is something scum little mac would mod

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

capps take the deal.

##vote gg opop was right

I don't get the case against fv at all

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Tremendous Taste posted:

Two scum teams

Yes, and in that situation I can easily see capps and somber on opposite scum teams.

I was hoping capps would ascend to godhood but that doesn't look like it's going to happen.

Also I totally got where you were going with you claim early on.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Opopanax posted:

Gig, why did you choose to use your lightning rod last night, anyways?

Yes I would like to know this as well. Content-wise GG is scummy and I think making all night actions worthless so early in the game is not a very pro-town move.

Puntification posted:

I have received another message GG is humanity aligned.

This doesn't really change my opinion either.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Somberbrero posted:

Yo, Hal tried to discredit a verified source off information based on nothing. It's one of few actual opinions he's had and it's a real bad one.

By discrediting it you mean I continue to think anonymous messages claiming investigation results are not super reliable then yes.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Keane don't thunderdome, that is dumb.

Well I mean unless you are really Mad Max then it's cool I suppose. You should Thunderdome with Somber though.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

King Burgundy posted:

You are scum.

I admit that Keane hasn't followed through on your demand for casing but that also isn't something I would expect him to do regardless. Do you have anything more substantive than that?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Puntification posted:

This post is super dumb, thunderdome this dumbo.

I like your sharp insights here Punt, keep them coming.

Thunderdoming is stupid, there ya go

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

King Burgundy posted:

This is everything I have:

Ah I missed that the first time through.

That's not really a whole lot either though. Keane's not exactly screaming town but this case is basically "Keane isn't trying hard enough" and that's just sometimes his thing, he coasts a lot in games. For a while there all he did was beatbox in games.

I guess he reads more lazy town than bad scum to me. I'd expect him to be trying to discredit people more as scum.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Somberbrero posted:

Discrediting people like the guy who is 2/2 on scum calls?

But... two scum teams?

CCKeane posted:

GG is this true?

I'm good on my word, I have good reason to suspect monsters are 3p, I just want confirmation.

He claims to be a humanity-aligned monster

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Somberbrero posted:

Discrediting people like the guy who is 2/2 on scum calls?

Anyway, I even said yesterday or whenever it was that I could see you and capps on opposite scum teams. Yes, capps flipped scum but you were on him for very flimsy reasoning early on and I didn't like your response when you were called out on it. Correct calls don't forgive bad content.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Somberbrero posted:

well actually you see franklestein was the doctor not the monster

or was he?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Somberbrero posted:

the vague suggestion of which seems to be the whole of your case

Not really, you could just be some sort of third party. I dunno. Or you could be a really mean bussy scumbro with those two I guess but that is less likely. I've done it though.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

GulagDolls posted:

think about this: three scum teams

Don't be ridiculous

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

GulagDolls posted:

I know you've done it hal. we all know, at some point, you have doen that to people who thought they could trust you.

Yes, I have become Mafia ronin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

CCKeane posted:

If Meinberg doesn't post by the time I get home from reffing, I'll thunderdome him.

*beatboxes sadly*

• Locked thread