Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm going to go ahead and start things off with a stupid question; what do I do? I get that I'm picking tactics but the rules aren't super clear on what that means. Where am I picking from and what am I picking? :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

See, I told you it was a stupid question! Great Start sounds good to me

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Good because I really want someone else to go first so I can get a feel for this.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I also don't think I got my new cards when I took Great Start

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Oh there we are. Ok I would like to use March and move 1 E 1 SE to that glowing purple thing

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ok, I wondered about that but figured it was to move off. I'll just make that first movement, then

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'll use Improvisation to sacrifice March for 3 Move and head to that fairy circle

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hmm, ok. I'll also use Stamina and play Promise sideways to move to that next wooded area.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

If I use Tranquility is that my turn or could I use the card I draw right away?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Cool, I will use Tranqulity to start with then

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Also is that a tomb right next to me? I looked through the imgur album but I don't see an exact match

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ok hopefully I'm getting the hang of this and this works

Use concentration to grab a white mana token, which I use to power up Mana Draw and take two more white.

Then use swiftness and Rage sideways to move to the mine.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ahh, that makes more sense. Ok just the last half then

Opopanax posted:

Then use swiftness and Rage sideways to move to the mine.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Could someone give me a stupid person's breakdown on mana and the source? Because I feel like I'm not getting something with it

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Thanks, I think I get it now

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Do I need to pay a movement cost to fight that monster or can I just initiate battle with him now?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Cool, I'm probably way off with this but I suppose it's the best way to learn.

Grab the white dice from the source, which I use to power up Swift Reflexes to use a ranged attack of 3. Determination to block 2, and Mana Draw sideways for the extra attack I need. If I'm reading this right that'll let two damage through which should dash against the rocks of my armour.

Concentration to take a white token and Crystallize to...well, crystallize it.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Oh crap, i need at least one more attack than his armour, don't I?

I'm confused about why my block wouldn't work though, it looks like he has 4 attack and I am using 5 block

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Captain Bravo posted:

Determination is only Block 2.

Oh! right, I changed my plan around a couple times, I mixed myself up there.

Can I do the same plan but play determination sideways for the extra attack I need?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Yes I will do that then, that sounds better

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'll take Know Your Prey, that sounds useful

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Oh yes, I think I'll take a Refreshing Walk

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'll take Midnight Meditation, that seems useful

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

If I want to move east what will that cost me?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Then I will use Swiftness to peek behind door number 1

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm going to use one of those green die to power up Tranquility and take two cards

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Eh, I was hoping to get some better movement cards for it. I'll end the turn anyways then.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Stelas posted:

No, it's okay. Tranquility's card is a heal effect, and isn't an action. Heal effects cannot be played after a combat, but that's the only timing rule they have.

I'm not using the heal though, I'm using the draw card option. Does that still count?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Tireless followed by March to get to that cave to the NE

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'll take the white mana die and Crystallize it, then use Swift Reflexes and Determination Sideways to head for the village and recruit some thugs

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Stelas posted:

To check: are you paying any influence cards to recruit them this time, or waiting 'til next turn? (Unit cost in influence is in their top-left.)

Hands are updated.

Whoops. Ok I guess I will immediately use that crystal to power up promise and play stamina sideways for the extra 1

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'll play Staminia to move into the 2 leg of the maze

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ah. Then I'll use the blue die to power up Staminia to get me there, then March on the maze

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Oh sorry, I thought that ended my turn. I'm guessing physical resistance means I can't just hit him

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm just shy of doing damage to him so I guess I just end my turn

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Oh, well that's useful.
So I can use my skill to ignore his resistance, use my green crystal to power up Concentration, and then play Improvisation for 7 attack, discarding Rage in the process.

I guess I'll just eat the damage as I don't think I can use the thugs here

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Yeah that's what I meant, they're just going to stand there and look smug while I get punched by a gargoyle

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Well now's probably a good time to use that Midnight Meditation and shuffle those 3 wounds back into the deck

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hmm, well that didn't help. And I'm not allowed to use that gold dice, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I don't even think I can really do anything. Play Rage and Threaten sideway to reveal the hex to the east, I suppose

• Locked thread