Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
I'll take The Right Moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Ok, I'll play Concentration and pick a Blue mana token, then I'll play Stamina with the mana token for four move along with Determination and Threaten both played sideways to get me six move. I'll move East, Northeast, and then East to land on the village, end my turn, and use The Right Moment to get a second turn immediately. (I'll choose what to use on that turn once my hand refreshes.)

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

A 6/6 Poison Mage!? :eyepop:

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Ok, to start with I'll draw a white mana die from the source, and use it to power Mana Draw, turning it into two white mana tokens. I'll use the first Mana Token with Crystallize to get a white mana crystal, and I'll use the second token with Noble Manners, along with Rejuvanate and Rage played sideways, to generate six influence, which I will then use to purchase a squad of Utem Crossbowmen from the village, generating an additional 1 Fame and 1 Reputation from Noble Manners.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

In that case, I'll be nice to everyone else, and turn the Black die in the source to white. :angel:

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

While Goldyx raids the dungeon, I will Raid the Village

Stelas posted:

Bah, Norowas players. Always too nice.

:unsmigghh:

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Are you going to do anything else with your turn, Opopanax?

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Awesome. Here's my badass turn:

Play Swiftness, March, and Stamina for six move, spend five of it to move north to the mage tower. Hurl insults at the poison mage until he attempts to attack me, which I will block with Rage and by taking a gold mana die from the source, empowering Improvisation, and discarding my second March for 7 total points of block. Having easily defended myself from the mage's limp-wristed lunge, I will then (Entirely in self-defense, mind you) play Swiftness with my white mana crystal, and have my Uted Crossbowmen attack for six total damage, evaporating the mage and using up all of my cards.

:getin:

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Oh come on, it was self-defense! Why's everybody gotta make me out to be the bad guy?

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

I'll take Bonds of Loyalty, Ritual Attack, and Mana Bolt.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

You do know that mana tokens and mana die have to be used the turn they're taken, right? Unless you have a way to convert them to crystals, or are planning to use them with your last card somehow, both of those mana will go right back into the source when it becomes my turn.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Also, the latest picture only shows two skills in the common offer, does the Ritual of Healing that Arythea didn't pick not go into the common offer?

Edit: No joke, just ask Stelas how many PM's I've been bombarding him with trying to understand how combat is supposed to work! :v:

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Ahh, I see. Yeah, that map is pretty detailed, I don't even want to imagine how much work you have to put into it each turn. :sweatdrop:

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Perfect! Well, since Wolfhawk isn't using those White Mana die, I'll Challenge the orc horde beside me, and tag one to power Mana Bolt, for a 6-damage attack. I'll have to take two wounds, since I can't block it's attack, but I will kill the monster and gain a level, as well as restore my reputation back to baseline.

:getin:

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Oh, I misread, I thought it meant that the mana I play to power it can be of a different color, whoops! In that case, let me get some clarification then, when Ritual Attack says "Throw Away" another card, that means it's gone for good, right? As in, I won't get it back next round? If so, I'll just call for an end of round and not play anything.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

2. Declaring End of Round takes up your whole turn so no doing anything else when do you that! (the first few games of Mage Knight i ever played may or may not have been over really fast because we didn't know this part of the rules and some people playing fast and loose with their decks.)

Right! That's why in my initial moves, I didn't declare the end of round, because I thought I would be able to off those pesky orcs. I decided that the Reputation and Level from defeating them would be better than one less turn for everyone else. When it turned out I was mistaken, I went with my plan B.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Also, you'll want to use one of the Red Mana Die, not your crystal. You can pull one for free each turn, and that will let you save your crystal for later, when you might need it.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

From what I understand, Mana works like this:

There are three forms of Mana, Die, Tokens, and Crystals.

Die are the six mana that are rolled inside the source. They are available to all players, last through the entire round, and short of a special ability you can only take one per turn. Each time you use a mana die, you reroll it and return it to the source for the other players.

Tokens are short-term mana points for one player. Special abilities can allow you to grab mana tokens, which you can then spend on your turn. However, a token only lasts for one turn. If you play a card that lets you pull a token, you must use that token on your turn, because at the end of your turn you lose it no matter what.

Crystals are long-term mana storage. Crashing a crystal mine or using an ability that creates them gives you a mana point that you can spend whenever, and hold as long as you like. This is only applicable for the four main colors, there are no gold or black mana crystals, and you can only hold three of each color at most. They are the most valuable, because they last as many turns and rounds as you need them to, and are only usable by you.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Attacks and Block are all-or-nothing. You either kill it all in a combat turn, or block it all in a combat turn, or nothing at all. So since you don't have enough ranged attack to kill it in one go, that ranged attack becomes a normal attack. Since you don't have enough block to block it all, your block is useless, you can't play it. Your ranged attack and normal attack will stack in the attack round, so you can still kill it. And, since your armor value on your character sheet is two, you'll only take two damage despite not blocking anything.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Determination is only Block 2.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

drat you Opopanax

Fine, I'll take Sparing Power.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Don't you need to declare a tactics card first, before you take your turn? You'll be going first no matter what you choose, but you still [ihave[/i] to choose.

Herp Derp, I just noticed that you PM'd Stelas your pick. :v:

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

If you do that, it'll end your turn. You can use movement points, and then take actions, you can't do any more movement after you've taken an action, so if you still want to go anywhere you need to do it first.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Considering I have a hand without a single goddamned standard movement card that I wanted to switch out by taking Midnight Meditation, I have zero sympathy.

:v:
Ninja Edit: gently caress, really? You just popped my schadenfreude bubble. :negative:

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Stelas posted:

[*]Standard houserule applies: if your first hand of the Round has no Move cards prior to Tactics choice, you may mulligan it.

Oh my god, are you making GBS threads me? :stare:
:bang::bang::bang:

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Stelas posted:

Norowas takes a Mulligan, because I'm nice like that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiS8YokFzeY

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

circlmastr hasn't posted anywhere on the forums in like, two and a half days... Hope he's alright. :ohdear:

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

I'll play Concentration, with a green mana die, to boost Stamina to six move. I'll spend three of those move to head northeast into the desert, and another two move to reveal the tile to my East, leaving me with 1 spare move.
I'll then play Swiftness and March to get another 4 move, bringing me to five, and challenge the orc catapult. I'll spend all five move blunting it's attack, take one wound of damage, and then play Rage and my Utem Crossbowmen for 5 damage, which will kill it despite the physical resist.

Edit: Also, don't forget to stock one of my deed cards for Sparing Power.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Ugh, that sucks! Yeah, I guess nixing the search is the best move.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Come ooooon, werewolf! :getin:

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Discard Determination and Rest to remove the wound from my hand. Don't forget to stockpile a card.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Wait, how did Arythea get to discard a wound? I want to be able to do that! :v:

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

I just wanna check something, I've been stockpiling a card at the start of each of my turns, correct? So when my next turn comes around, if I choose to flip Sparing Power (Which I will :v:) then I'll get to use those two cards immediately?

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Ooh, that's mean. 5 attack and physical resist.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

I think he was referring to the fact that Thugs won't block a hit for you unless you spend two influence. Since he's using all of his cards to attack, he has no influence to use on them.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Thugs are the best units. :smuggo:

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Let me get those two cards.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Ok, I'll play March and Swiftness for 4 move, and move onto the camp. While in camp, I will play Noble Manners with a white mana die from the source to gain +4 influence. I'll use Bonds of Loyalty to bring the price of the Illusionists down to 3 (7 cost +1 from camp -5 for BoL) and purchase the Illusionists. I'll then tag the illusionists for four influence, bringing me up to 5, and purchase Herbalists for my empty command slot. I'll challenge the orcs in the castle, and play Improvisation discarding Threaten to block their attack, then tag my Utem Crossbowmen for 3 damage to kill them. I'll then use my Herbalists to gain myself a Green Crystal and end my turn.

Captain Bravo fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Jun 1, 2015

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Fixed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

You can only spend one unit per player, are you still going to pick my herbalists?

• Locked thread