Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Opopanax posted:

I'm going to go ahead and start things off with a stupid question; what do I do? I get that I'm picking tactics but the rules aren't super clear on what that means. Where am I picking from and what am I picking? :downs:

Taking Stela's last map picture as reference

Those Yellow Cards at the bottom of the picture are what he's asking you to pick from. Each one does a different thing but also determines turn order.

So basically taking 1 (Early Bird) guarantees you will go first in this round but it also means you don't get any kind of special effect. Taking 6 means you will go last but you get the ability take 2 turns in a row.

Same thing applies to Night Time when you guys get there, although those cards will have different effects.

Don't know if Stelas was wanting to do these kinds of explanations himself but since he doesn't seem to be here at the moment i hope he doesn't mind if i do it this once :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Stelas posted:

any unusual effects (that is, anything that is not a number) on red cards do not work on it.

What exactly do you mean by that? I guess it's the same with Ice and Blue effects and Green with Poison for example? Is that something that's in the original rulebook or something they added with Lost Legion? It's been a while since i've read either.

Edit: Literally just went to check and it's on the back of the original book. You know, the part you use the most because it summarizes everything very nicely. Although you're right when you mention it's tucked in there, it's right after all the actual important information. :v:

The Shame Boy fucked around with this message at 07:08 on May 18, 2015

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

To add to that

1.You're able to declare End of Round when you run out of cards in your deck but you aren't forced to do so until you run out of cards in both your deck and your hand! So if you think you can squeeze out a few more turns with just the cards in your hand then feel free!

2. Declaring End of Round takes up your whole turn so no doing anything else when do you that! (the first few games of Mage Knight i ever played may or may not have been over really fast because we didn't know this part of the rules and some people playing fast and loose with their decks.)

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Captain Bravo posted:

Three questions:

1) On the reputation tracker, I'm at +1, that means that every unit I recruit costs one less influence, correct?

2) Assuming that's correct, If I boost my reputation to the +2 level, can I take advantage of that instantly, or do I have to wait a turn to do so?

3) If I purchase and use the scouts this turn, for their ability that lets me look at a face-down token, can I use it to gain a peek at what's defending the city? What about that map token to the northwest of the city?

The +1 means you will start at 1 influence rather than 0 when using Influence to buy something so i guess essentially you're correct? The same is true if you were in the negative though, you might have to start at -1 or -2 and work your way up! (which is why Thugs are so great)

99% of the time you will use your 1 action per turn to kill something and thus gain the point in reputation so you do have to wait before you can really use it. Unless you use The Right Moment and get another turn immediately or something like that.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Unless i'm missing one of Norowas's abilities that you have you cannot use wounds to power anything.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Captain Bravo posted:

So I can sit on it for a turn, and nobody else can use it? Deal! :v:

Yeah this is what the PVP rules are technically for since i believe when you win a fight you can move somebody back a space. But PVP is lame and stupid so go ahead and do it!

Never realized you were able to sit on ruins though. I thought they were like the fortifed sites where you had to immediately go in and kick rear end to actually stand in the space. The more you know

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Stelas posted:

It's also worth noting, while you're there, that you can take over other player's keeps. I mean, I'm just sayin'.

Hey now the game is called Mage Knight not Mage THIEF! Burning down churches and plundering villages are fine but you never touch another players keep!

you should totally do it

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Correct me if i'm wrong but it's optional if you want to bring in nearby rampaging enemies to combat with you correct? At least assuming you woulden't aggro them naturally just by moving.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Right Any kind of fortified location (Keeps,Mage Towers,attacking over Walls in Lost Legion stuff) will give enemies on the inside Fortified. If they already had it then they would be double Fortified meaning you can't attack them at all in the Ranged/Siege part of combat!

berenzen posted:

But the familiars are unfortified, so it doesn't apply.

This is correct as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

So when's Shades of Tezla? :v:

oh and i guess good job to all the players and all that jazz

• Locked thread