Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«18 »
  • Locked thread
A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

William

"A very learned man, indeed," he says to Burke with an impressed look. "It's good to know if anything too advanced for me comes along, that at least someone here will be able to handle it." To Roy, he simply states. "Not so bad to be chatty on first encounters such as this, providing one has nothing to hide or does not fear what he will say. We'll be learning all this about each other soon enough, better to get it said early, I say." Still looking to Roy, he says. "I do not believe I caught your name, mister...?"

To Frank, he extends a hand. "A pleasure, Frank. I'm William. You are here to keep us in line, hmm? I do wonder if you'll have your work cut out for you there." He chuckles, believing he already knows the answer to that. "I'll do my best to comply. I do not wish to get on the wrong side of a priest. Not again, at least."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003

Nick Brophy

"Frank, Nick. Are you going to be explaining what this meeting is going to be about?"

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

Stone

Kicking his feet up on a second chair, Stone gives a winning smile to everyone gathered. "Looks like it's every butt for themselves in Chairhouse 23."

Bloodnose
Jul 30, 2006

די פערסאָנאַזש מיט גאר גרויסע אויגן פֿאַרקאַמען

Fun Shoe

Father Frank

Frank leans up against the chair his coat is sitting on, looking at Nick, "You can't just wait around for someone else to give you all the answers, son." He laughs off his own attempt to be cryptic, "But nah, I'm a new hire just like you. Whoever's our boss is late to his own meeting."

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Able to harness the awesome power of fractions

Roy

"Unless they've been here the whole fuckin' time, that is," offers Roy, and makes as if to stand up, then chuckles and leans back instead. "Kiddin'. Though I guess it's still not out of the question." He looks over at William. "That's 'cause I never said my name yet. Roy Cooper. I also respond to 'Hartford', '5-0', 'hey you', and apparently now 'Mr. AA', but most definitely not 'Coop'."

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.

Clapping Larry

Toby

A smile is all Toby had for all the newbies to their situation and gave a wave to each. "You know that most criminals love the movies right?" He said and left it that for the films. It wasn't his favorite, it lacked the class as the good movies. Mostly though Toby just nodded to everyone and finally spoke. "Since, we all look like we have more butts than chairs, I just wanted to say my name is Toby and it is a pleasure to meet you." It was obvious that this was not the standard break and enter job, nor heist. Toby wasn't sure what the hell he could do compared to doctors and priests.

"So I guess now it is just a waiting game, unless more are showing up. I think you are all right, can't be a normal job. As for nick names, you got Father, and Geek." Toby gave a evil smile and gave a nod to Father Frank and Burke.

"Why the hell all you learned folks all the way out here?" Toby asked, they had enough doctors to start a medical clinic and a priest. He secretly hoped that wasn't an indication for the way things are going to go. "I mean there are a lot of different people in here for sure, it will have to be a big one because of eight of us. Hell a few more and we got a foot ball game going."

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

William

"In that case, it is nice to meet you, Roy Cooper." A good laugh is given to the man's casual joke. "Now that would be a surprise. But I do still say that our employer simply wishes for us all to gather first before they address us as one." If these are to be their final numbers, he'd wager that the representative will make themselves known soon enough. Watching the rain pour down through a ceiling crack again, he leans over in his chair to hold a hand underneath it. After a moment, he pulls his now wet hand back and examines it with a "Hmm." before turning back to the group as if nothing had happened, casually drying the hand on his jacket.

To Toby's question, he gives a shrug. "I came because they asked me to. It's just that simple really. Life was getting incredibly dull for me lately."

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.

Clapping Larry

Toby

"I guess you could say that it was the same for me, though they gave me an offer I couldn't really refuse either." Toby said sitting back in his chair, thinking of breaking out his laptop himself as Mr. Whisky had done before. "Either way, you have to admit it is going to be exciting. That is what I promised at least." Toby didn't mind laying those cards down at all. After all there was a motley crew of people here for the same job it might as well be worth throwing out there to see what the others were expecting.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis

Empty Building

The Google search on Toby comes up with various IMDB, Twitter, Facebook, and pictures. None of the pictures look like the Toby in the room. The Google search on William brings up a wikisource article:

Wikisource posted:

PALGRAVE, WILLIAM GIFFORD (1826–1888), diplomatist, second son of Sir Francis Palgrave [q. v.] deputy-keeper of the Public Records, by his wife Elizabeth, daughter of Dawson Turner, banker, of Great Yarmouth, was born at 22 Parliament Street, Westminster, 24 Jan. 1826. He was sent to Charterhouse (1838–1844), where he won the gold medal for classical verse, and became captain of the school. Thence he went to Trinity College, Oxford, where he had gained an open scholarship, and at the age of twenty, after only two and a half years' residence, he graduated, taking a first-class in literæ humaniores and a second-class in mathematics. He already felt the attraction of the East, and, turning aside from the promise of distinction in England which was before him, he at once went to India, and received a lieutenant's commission in the 8th Bombay regiment of native infantry. Inheriting, as he did, his father's linguistic aptitude, educated as he was beyond most Indian subalterns of his time, fearless, energetic, and resourceful in character, he appeared to have the prospect of a rapid rise in his profession; but early impressions derived from reading a translation of the famous Arab romance ‘Antar’ returned upon him when in the East, and gave him a bent towards missionary work among the Arabian peoples. He became a convert to Roman catholicism, was received into a jesuit establishment in the Madras presidency, and was ordained a priest. For fifteen years he continued connected with the Italian and French branches of the order. He was employed in its missionary work in Southern India until June 1853, when he proceeded to Rome. After engaging in study there until the autumn of that year, he went to Syria, where he was for some years a successful missionary, particularly in the town of Zahleh. He made many converts, founded numerous schools, and acquired an extraordinary familiarity with Arab manners and habits of life and thought.

The often-repeated story that he had officiated as ‘Imaum’ in mosques is without foundation. His own repugnance to Mohammedanism and the rules of his order alike made it impossible; but he could, and did, pass without difficulty for a native of the East. When the Druse persecution of the Maronites broke out, he was invited by the Maronite Christians, among whom he had acquired great influence, to place himself at their head and give them the benefit of his military training; but, though willing to counsel them as a friend, he could not as a jesuit take up arms and lead them. From the massacre at Damascus of June 1861 he escaped with bare life, and the Syrian mission being for the time broken up, he returned to Western Europe. Napoleon III obtained from him a report on the causes of the persecution of the Syrian Christians, and he also visited England and Ireland. Later in 1861 he delivered lectures in various parts of Ireland on the Syrian massacres, which were afterwards republished from newspaper reports, under the title ‘Four Lectures on the Massacres of the Christians in Syria,’ London, 1861, 8vo. In 1862 he returned to Syria.

For many years Arabia had remained closed to Europeans. Palgrave now undertook an adventurous journey across Central Arabia, which he accomplished in 1862 and 1863. His object was to ascertain how far missionary enterprise was possible among pure Arabs, but he also accepted a mission from Napoleon III, who furnished funds for the journey, for the purpose of reporting on the attitude of the Arabs towards France, and on the possibility of obtaining pure Arabian blood-stock for breeding purposes in Europe. Passing as a Syrian christian doctor and merchant, he found his best protection in his intimate acquaintance with Arabian manners, speech, and letters. But he carried his life in his hands; for, in the midst of the Wahabi fanatics of Central Arabia, detection would certainly have been his ruin. Once at Haill he was recognised as having been seen at Damascus, and at Riadh he was suspected and accused of being an English spy, but natural hardihood and presence of mind, aided by good fortune, secured his safety. The result of his journey he embodied in one of the most fascinating of modern books of travel, his ‘Narrative of a Year's Journey through Central and Eastern Arabia,’ published in 1865 (2 vols. London, 8vo. A French translation by E. Jonveaux appeared at Paris in 1866, and an abridgment of the same translation in 1869). For a time the obscurity which hung over the objects of his mission excited a certain amount of hostile criticism respecting his motives in undertaking this daring and adventurous exploration; but its merit and the address with which it was carried out never were in question. Shortly before his return to England, finding mission work in Arabia impracticable, he, with the consent of his superiors, severed his connection with the Society of Jesus, and engaged in diplomatic work for the English government.

In July 1865 he was despatched to Abyssinia on a special mission to obtain from King Theodore the release of Consul Cameron and his fellow captives. He was directed to remain in Egypt till June 1866, when he returned home, and was at once appointed British consul at Soukhoum Kalé. Next year he was transferred to Trebizond. While stationed there he made extensive journeys in the north of Asia Minor, and his observations were embodied in a ‘Report on the Anatolian Provinces of Trebizond, Sivas, Kastemouni, and Part of Angora,’ in 1868 (Catalogue of Foreign Office Library). It is clear that he was keenly alive to the corruptness and inefficiency of Ottoman rule as he observed it in Trebizond, in Turkish Georgia (1870), and on the Upper Euphrates (1872). In 1873 he was appointed consul at St. Thomas in the West Indies; in 1876 he was transferred to Manila; two years later he was appointed for a short time consul-general in Bulgaria, and in 1879 he was sent to Bangkok. His health, never strong after the hardships to which he was exposed during his return journey after quitting Arabia, suffered severely by the Siamese climate, and his appointment to be minister-resident in Uruguay in 1884 was welcomed as likely to lead to his restoration to health. In this, however, he was disappointed. He died of bronchitis at Monte Video on 30 Sept. 1888, and his body was brought to England and buried in St. Thomas's cemetery, Fulham.

In spite of his brilliance, his official career was less distinguished than might have been anticipated. He was a great linguist, and acquired languages with extreme ease—Japanese, for example, he learnt colloquially in two months—but his interest in them was not that of a philologist; he learnt them only for practical use, and when he no longer required them he ceased to speak them. He was a learned student of Dante, a good Latin scholar, and something of a botanist, and wherever he went, as his writings show, he was a keen observer. Some years after quitting the Society of Jesus, he came under the influence of various eastern religious systems, especially the Shintoism of Japan. This form of religious belief had attracted him during a trip to Japan, which he had visited while temporarily on leave from his duty at Bangkok. During the last three years of his life he became reconciled to the Roman catholic church, and died in that faith. In 1878 the Royal Geographical Society, to which in February 1864 he had communicated the geographical results of his Arabian journey, elected him a fellow, and he was also a medallist of the French Geographical Society and a member of the Royal Asiatic Society. He married, in 1868, Katherine, daughter of G. E. Simpson of Norwich, by whom he had three sons. There is an engraved medallion-portrait of him, from a very lifelike relief by T. Woolner, R.A., prefixed to his ‘Arabia,’ and a photograph in the memoir in ‘Men of Mark.’

His published writings were, in addition to those mentioned: 1. ‘Hermann Agha,’ a fascinating romance of Eastern life (2nd edit. 2 vols. 1872, London, 8vo; 3rd edit. 1878). 2. ‘Essays on Eastern Questions,’ 1872. 3. ‘Dutch Guiana,’ 1876. 4. ‘Ulysses: or Scenes and Studies in many Lands.’ Twelve essays reprinted from ‘Fraser's,’ ‘Cornhill,’ and other periodicals, London, 1887, 8vo. 5. ‘A Vision of Life: Semblance and Reality,’ a long and mystical religious poem, published posthumously in 1891, with which he had been occupied almost till the time of his death.

El Spamo, buy what your guy has with him right now with the starting money for TL 8. Later on, the Warehouse will assign him gear and let him requisition anything he thinks he needs.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Stone

"I must say, William, you are the spitting image of your... hmm.. must be great-great-grandfather?" Stone asks.

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

William

"Plenty of excitement, Toby. I can assure you of that." It may not always be the good sort, but then, he has to admit, the bad sort tends to only add further to the excitement really.

"Oh?" he turns to Stone with an inquisitive expression, looking at the man's little device. "Did that 'goggle' search of yours turn up something interesting about an...ancestor of mine? I do get the family resemblance thing a lot."

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Stone]

"Just a story of a British man who traveled much of the Arab world. Ring a bell?"

Bloodnose
Jul 30, 2006

Fun Shoe

Father Frank

"C'mon, buddy," the priest shrugs at Stone with disdain, "You couldn't wait to get home before you started Googling your new colleagues? You wanna know something about a guy, ask him to his face."

Frank kicks a foot up on his chair, growing increasingly impatient, "One of my granddads was kicked off the NYPD for excessive alcoholism. If you come up with a Gerry O'Donovan, there's a relation. And it's genetic for sure."

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

William

"Plenty of fellow British men fit that description, Mr. Stone. In fact, a film was made about such a man, was it not? It does indeed ring a bell for me personally though..." Before he can continue much, the priest speaks up, relieving him for the change of subject somewhat.

"Oh, I don't mind the unorthodox method, Father. Even if I must agree that I would prefer any questions of me be asked straight to my face rather than pretending I am not here to answer them myself." A sympathetic shake of the head is directed Frank's way when the man reveals more of himself. "A terrible thing to deal with, for sure. My sympathies, if you'll have them." Looking at the bottle of whisky going around, he nods to it. "Perhaps that is not the best thing to have out at this time then." His eyes raise to the PRIDE agent, wondering if the man will be sympathetic enough to oblige.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Stone

"I would hope that none of us in this room are callous enough to deny a man a drink in his time of need," Stone says, proffering the bottle to WIlliam. "And besides, googling each other is a pasttime, a game! Here, I'll show you."

Popping his watch again, Stone says, "Beautiful, run a... mid-level search on 'Agent Jack Stone', unencrypted databases only, and announce the results, don't just display."

Roll Computer Operation [13] to google myself 3d6=12

"See? It's interesting to see what pieces of yourself you allow the web to pick up. Anyone else want a go?"

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007
Fighting poverty...one bum at a time.

Burke

"You can try Googling me, but I wouldn't be surprised if all you found was my university webpage", said Burke, hoping that Stone wasn't going to be moving onto Facebook after this strange meeting was over.

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Roy

"Hey, it ain't no big problem. poo poo, if someone's gonna be poking around the internet for some bullshit, it's better to do it in front of the rest of us," Roy suggests as a way of clearing the air a bit. It's a weird group, that's for sure. "Wonder how long they're gonna let us chatter? Or if they're waiting for something?"

Bloodnose
Jul 30, 2006

Fun Shoe

Father Frank

"Don't worry," Frank waves off William's concern, "I'm not an addict. I take communion wine, I just can't handle much of it before I start getting woozy." He nods to the bottle, "I'll pass on the whiskey this time though. And since you all decided to call any schmuck with a collar 'Father,' I'll go ahead and confirm that yeah, I'm a priest. Catholic. Feel free to confess anything anytime," Frank winks.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.

Clapping Larry

Toby

"I know there is nothing around on me, I'm not one that ends up in the newspapers or the internet. Call it professional courtesy, but there that is." Toby smacked his gum loudly and leaned back on his chair, having gotten there first he went directly to the chair that had the least problems, and had setup for the long haul. All the talk of googling and social media was not his style. "Never been a fan of facebook, twitter and all those things, I like to keep low key do my job relax in my house and have a bit of the fun on the side in person." He gave a cheeky grin and drank from his water bottle again.

"No problem with that Father, never been in a church in my life. I have nothing to confess just trying to keep on keeping on. I don't even have a girl to cheat on or any of that jazz. So I'm won't bore you in with a confession, I'm sure you have heard it all before." Leaning forward this time he returns his wink to Father and looked back to Mr. AA.

"I sure hope they don't plan on keeping us long, I like to be working when I'm working."

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

I am Centurion Titus Polonius. And the only trouble I've had is that nobody seem to realize that I'm their superior officer.

Nathan Reyes

Nathan chuckles at Father Frank's remark. "man, I haven't confessed in years. I used to go to church all the time, but after I joined the Air force and started getting deployed all over the place, it got a little difficult. We don't get many chaplains in Socom."

Seeing a number of people smoking, he takes out an e-cig and takes a pull, glancing at the door. "I wonder when the guys from the Warehouse are gonna get here. This is just like them though, I'd bet anything they have this place wired."

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

William

He cocks an eyebrow at Stone when the man passes him the bottle. "Not exactly what I was getting at, chap. Oh nevermind." The priest's wink is returned with a laugh. "Any confession from me might take up a lot of your time, Father. Good for you that I'm not really the type for it anymore."

As the waiting continues and the small rocking of his chair does not amuse him anymore, he stands, gesturing to the seat with a flick of the hand for whoever has not already sat down yet to do so. "Have my seat. I think I'll stand and stretch my legs, seeing as one of us seems destined to do so. I did far too much sitting on the plane ride and taxi drive here anyway." He pops yet another jelly bean in his mouth as he begins to pace a little from the table.
"Wired the place?" he says to Nathan, lazily sweeping his gaze around the room as if to notice something he had missed before. "Most likely. Perhaps they intend for us to do something before they make themselves known. Goodness knows what though..."

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Abandoned Building

Agent Jack Stone Googles himself and finds lots of references to a Lego toy line personality. Sprinkled about the results are links to Jack Stones, but nothing about him.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.

Clapping Larry

Toby

"If everything is wired they went through a lot of effort to entrap us. I mean hell there a lot easier ways to do it. Especially in my case." Toby says meaningfully, the wait was something he could deal with but it doesn't mean he wasn't a ball of nerves. He smacked his gum loudly and tapped his foot quickly as time went on.

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

I am Centurion Titus Polonius. And the only trouble I've had is that nobody seem to realize that I'm their superior officer.

Nathan Reyes

"Who said anything about entrapment? Assuming that they are monitoring us right now, it's not to catch us doing something we shouldn't, it's to evaluate us. They don't have the cops standing by, it's a bunch of guys in lab coats taking notes."

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Stone

"Aww man, Lego ripped me off? I'll never get royalties from those tight-fisted jerks." Stone says. Glancing around, he notices that the mood of the room has become somewhat tense.

"Come on, guys. Why so serious? If they wanted to kill us, they've had ample opportunity. Just relax, I was kidding about the chairs thing. Here," Stone says, kicking away the chair he had his feet in. "Have a seat."

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Roy

"Which raises the question of whether there is something they want us to fuckin' do," asks Roy aloud, "or if we're supposed to just work through to and agree on the idea that a weird-rear end organization like this is probably exactly the type to hook up some surveillance goodies in a half-abandoned warehouse just for shits and giggles."

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

Burke

"They're probably just giving us time to get acquainted.", Geoffrey shrugged, "Maybe giving us plenty of time to get here too. I can't speak for you guys but I had a hard time finding this place."

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.

Clapping Larry

Toby

"Unless this place is like the loving Batcave and we need to slide down poles to reach the cool poo poo, I don't think we are going to be staying here long. Otherwise, I call the only dry spot in the drat place to sleep." Toby said with a snicker, his mind imagining that happening, seems like a drat waste of a building.

"I'm use to meeting in warehouses, usually, though there is some greeting and some client who thinks they know how things are cause they watched a movie or two." He shoots back to Geek.

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

Burke

"I'm not even going to ask what you do that makes you used to meeting in warehouses.", Burke says with a small smirk.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.

Clapping Larry

Toby

"Usually a lot of boring things let me tell you. Old warehouses are easy to buy, but hard to sell, you would be surprised how many people have a old warehouse just sitting vacant, too expensive to bring up to code to sell, it is just cheaper to sit on it and rent it out to people." Toby said completely dodging the question and yet at the same time leaving more room for questions. The smirk on his face did nothing to tell the others whether it was a joke or just straight answer to the question.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Abandoned building

The door opens. A man dressed in a heavy black coat walks in. The man's coat reaches down to his ankles. Water drips off of it. The man skin is pale and he wears mirrored sunglasses. He walks over to the group. He grips the lapels of his coat with his gloved hands and shakes his coat to knock water off of it. The coat appears to be water proof. He then reaches into his coat and brings out a handkerchief. He wipes his bald head and puts it back into his coat. He stands several feet away from the group.

"Welcome gentlemen. I am Mr. Caul and I'm from the Warehouse." He shows no interest in shaking hands. The man frowns as he looks over the group. "I see everyone made it here."

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

William

He pays little attention as the others continue to talk amongst themselves. Instead he simply watches the rain continue to pour through the cracks in the ceiling. It's quite relaxing really.
When the new voice is heard, he looks back to see this Mr. Caul standing not too far away. "Welcome, Mr. Caul. We were just wondering when you would arrive." There is a certain familiarity about the man, but it could just be that all these types of company men dress and act the same way these days. "I'm William Palgraves. Although you already know that surely. Jelly bean?" He holds up the sweet bag for the man.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Stone

"Oh. It's you again," Stone says. "How is it that you kicked me out of your car, and I still got here before you. Did you go for a bite to eat or something?"

Bloodnose
Jul 30, 2006

Fun Shoe

Father Frank

"I'm eager to get started," Frank grumbles, "I haven't eaten yet and I'm not a jelly bean man."

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.

Clapping Larry

Toby

"Mr. Caul, nice to meet you. I assume introductions have been made for all of us? Whats the story?" Toby said quickly with a bit of impatience, he always got that way before a job. Toby was in fact running through all the jobs he could be asked to do, or the reason he was here, always good to get a jump on your client. That way you didn't look like an idiot, or worse, someone who couldn't do the job.

"I'm sure we will have plenty of time for grub." Toby said to Father with a bit of a sigh.

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003

Nick Brophy

Nick raises an eyebrow at Stone's response to Mr. Caul's entrance. Another note in the notebook. He sits up straight in his chair and drops his cigarette on the floor and rubs it out with his shoe. Mr. Caul probably already knows who he is, time to pay attention and let him say his piece.

ooc: unless there's an ashtray, he'd use that instead. Not a barbarian

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

Burke

"Pleased to meet you, Mr. Caul. Doctor Geoffrey Burke.", Doctor Burke smiled and extended his hand, but was left hanging. He sat back down and waited for Caul to start his spiel, hoping everyone else in this organization wasn't quite as...off as Mr. Caul.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Abandoned Building

"I know who all of you are." Mr. Caul reaches in his jacket and pulls out a cigarette along with a lighter.

"I don't take offers of food or drink. Professional policy" He lights the cigarette and puts the lighter back into his jacket. As he puts the lighter back, his coat opens up slightly revealing that he's wearing a grey suit with a rope noose around his neck like a tie. He looks over at Stone and blows smoke in his general direction.

"Listen up. Here's what's going to happen. I'm going to tell you what you're in for if you join the Warehouse. If you don't like what you hear, then you can step out of that door. This is your last chance to get away from the Warehouse. If you stay here, the Warehouse will be with you for the rest of your life. And that doesn't mean you'll work for the Warehouse for the rest of your life. Instead it means the Warehouse is always going to be around.

Now here's what you need to know. If you stay, you will be considered an employee of the Warehouse. You have to follow the Warehouse's primary Directives. The directives are as such:

1) Obey the Warehouse without question.

2) Maintain the illusion of the mundane world. Unless it contradicts directive one.

3) Fulfill your mission at all costs, unless it contradicts directive one or two.

Failure to uphold any of these directives will be met with punishment. Depending on the severity of the offense, all punishments up to execution are allowed to punish the guilty. The group assembled here are the people you will be working with on missions. The Warehouse expects teams to self-monitor. Keep an eye on your team mates and make sure they follow the directives. Better you do it, than to have HR deal with it.

Joining the Warehouse means that you follow the Warehouse's rules and no others. Local, state, national, and international laws no longer pertain to you. As long as you are following your orders, you don't have to worry about laws you are breaking. Of course discretion in regards to mundane laws is advised. Causing too much trouble with mundane authorities will be seen as a violation of directive number two.

Finally, say good bye to your old life. The Warehouse will make sure your past becomes a memory."

He takes a long drag off his cigarette and exhales.

"Now you can ask your questions."

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

Nathan Reyes

Nathan sits impassively during Mr. Caul's speech. He doesn't seem to surprised by anything Caul says, and after he asks for questions, Nathan straightens up and begins to speak in a calm, almost bored tone. "Do you have details on the compensation? Pay rates, medical benefits, housing arrangements and all that, or do we figure that out after we officially sign up?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.

Clapping Larry

Toby

"Man, he just read that riot act and you are worried about your 401k. Rines you just is what you is man." Toby laughed for a moment and nodded. "I figured you already know what I asked for and such Mr. Caul. You know I agree."

Toby figured giving a greenlight was best first and foremost. He knew that joking with some people would lead to a bullet aimed at his head. It was hard to dodge one of those.

Axe-man fucked around with this message at May 19, 2015 around 19:51

• Locked thread
«18 »