Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis
SOD HQ

"The security we have guarding the facility are just there to keep clueless mundanes out. They wouldn't be a challenge to anyone who's well armed. In fact they'll be helping you out when you get there. They'll give you a heads up on anything they know about and make sure you can get into the lower levels without a problem.

The items you need to retrieve shouldn't be that heavy. This task isn't to see how much you can lift, they just want to know that you can perform a task. There should be some carts and pallet jacks to move the items you need to get. Unfortunately I can't tell you much about the objects on the list. They should all be boxed or crated up and the items you need to get are only known by their alphanumeric designations. I can tell you about some of what the designation means, but the part that you are allowed to know only pertains to details about where its located and basic information about the object in question.

Now, Toby asked about obstacles. Technically, there shouldn't be any obstacles. I'll be honest though, you probably will encounter some obstacles. I'd recommend that you avoid any pools of liquid. Even if it looks like its just water, avoid it. No telling what might leak. In addition to avoid puddles of liquid, you should be careful with anything that glows. The glow probably isn't radioactive, but its probably dangerous in other ways. If you happen to encounter any sentients down there, you can't allow them out unless you get approval. Mz. Kulagina is on your phones, so you can call her to see if the sentient is allowed to leave the premises. While looking for objects, you might find yourself facing entities with hostile intent. You are free to engage them with deadly force. I do ask that you try not to do too much damage. Besides damaging the contents in the warehouse, you might end up unleashing something dangerous that could cause more troubles. Also that means you will be limited in what weaponry you can requisition for this mission. No rocket launchers or explosives. Since I brought up unfriendly entities, I should warn you that the vermin in our warehouse locations can be dangerous. They have an annoying habit of becoming sapient and they aren't always friendly. It probably doesn't help that we tend to exterminate them whenever possible. So if you happen to run into any rats, I'd recommend shooting them on sight. Don't take any chances. Last thing you want to do is find out that they pilfered some experimental weaponry and are better armed then you are."

He pauses briefly and shuts his attache case.

"Also you are going to have to debrief with your supervisor after you are done. In addition to picking up the items off the list, we need to know of the condition of various levels to see if there's anything we need to clean up."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003

Fuss and misery
Nick Brophy

Nick frowns deeply as the mission is described to the group. This sounded like a job for a trained combat team, not a mish-mash of variously skilled and trained societal misfits.

"Okay, I have a few questions. One, you mention sentients down there? Sentients like what? Other people? Aliens? Sasquatch? Should we be engaging with them and bringing them out safely? I'm all for taking care around dangerous objects and while the idea of sapient vermin with guns is weird and I'm glad you said rats instead of bugs, at least those I can see exterminating with a clear conscience. What's the organization policy for some potentially armed, possibly scared and confused, person that's trapped in this warehouse? I'd really rather not hurt or kill something or someone unless it's actually a threat. Hostile intent isn't always clear, and if there are potential innocents in that warehouse I'd like some clarification on the rules of engagement beyond 'Call Kulagina'."

Nick pauses and clears his throat.

"Since you mention requisitions about weaponry, what about protection? Body armor, that sort of thing? Seems like we might want to wear something that can handle a heavy hit or two even though we'll only be armed with guns. I've worn riot gear before, it's not that bad."

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

I am Centurion Titus Polonius. And the only trouble I've had is that nobody seem to realize that I'm their superior officer.
Nathan Reyes

Nathan grabs the proffered cell phone, but doesn't have time to look at it before Weiss begins the mission briefing. This sounded like it was right up his alley, though as he looked around at the rest of the group, he wasn't sure if they'd be reliable in a fight. He catches Weiss's eye and asks his own questions. "Does the no explosives rule extend to things like flashbangs or teargas? If we do encounter hostiles, both of those might help us avoid a firefight. And will maps of the site be available?"

At Nick's remark about protection, he nods emphatically. "Body armor would be good, but I'm also worried about the environmental hazards you mentioned. I've got an SCBA rig, but no gasmask. Would there be a fire risk from any of the chemicals that we might run into? Dr Burke, you're the chemist here, I assume we should have some kind of masks and gloves, if not a full suit of some kind."

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
Stone

"Nick, take a chill pill. I've got enough nonlethal to take down anyone safely, and I very much expect we're going to be getting some additional ordinance from our patrons here. He's just saying that once we get inside the building, targets free. Hell, if it makes you feel any better, I'll let you carry my night-night kit."

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

William

He accepts the phone and places it within his inner jacket pocket, along with the white security/credit card. As the others speak, he merely listens intently to the briefing, seeming more focused than he has up to now. The mission may sound dangerous to him, but really it is just the type of dangerous he was after to get the excitement he's been lacking for some time. In fact, he actually finds himself smiling as the Mr. Weiss explains the various factors of their first task for the Warehouse. After all, this type of mission is nothing he has not already encountered before. Entering a secure facility to procure various items whilst avoiding both hazardous materials and possibly unknown sentients? It all sounds rather basic at it's core for those working in a field such as this, no matter what Mr. Weiss might say. At least this time it seems the security at the sight will actually be helping him enter and conduct his job. What's more, he's got a whole team to work with this time. Yet, he still wonders if this will prove as hindering in the long run as it might be useful...

"Oh, it sounds perfectly fine to me," he says during a moment when he will not be speaking over someone else. "Whatever might happen that we cannot predict, I am sure we can handle it with the many talents shared amongst us. Although, I am also interested to know what we are most likely to encounter down there in terms of sentients. I assume we will be provided with a list of the items we are to obtain so we might double check once we are there? Also, when are we to leave? I admit, I am quite eager to be underway now that I now what it is we are to be doing." Although the time for a shower would not be unwelcome. "I'd however like some time to look over what weapons and equipment we are allowed to bring, so that we are suitably packed up to deal with anything that we might encounter down there." He then stands and goes to make himself another cup of tea, cheekily grabbing another piece of bacon on the way.

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003

Fuss and misery
Nick Brophy

Nick nodded agreeably towards Stone. "Yeah, that actually does make me feel better. Both parts, carrying the kit and the plain fact that you've got one. If you're willing to share equipment I'm a fair hand with a sidearm, hopefully it handles about the same."

He sips his coffee while William talks. "I think we'll also want a game plan for grabbing the items. No-one should wander off on their own, and we should figure out what to get first based on the location and size. Assign the people to move each one, and the people protecting them."

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

Burke

Burke nodded at Nathan, "Yes, masks and gloves sound prudent. If there are indeed pools of mysterious liquid just lying about, it's possible that they could be giving off fumes of some kind. Also, if the facility is damaged, there's the risk of gas leaks. Better to be safe than sorry." A mixture of excitement and apprehension was building inside Burke.

On one hand, this was an interesting first assignment and a good opportunity to see what sort of things the Warehouse wanted him to study first hand. On the other hand, this sounded dangerous; they were going into a place that sounded like it had been unsupervised for far too long.

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Able to harness the awesome power of fractions
Roy

He listens intently for a little while, visibly thinking things out. The first person he responds to is Nick. "Yeah, that sounds fair. I'd say no more than 2 groups at a time. That's if we do decide to split, or if we do need to." Eying Weiss, Roy continues, though it's directed at everyone. "If each thing has a designation, we can probably figure out how everything's filed and stored once we're down there and save ourselves a lot of fuckin' time. Let us more or less plot a route for the search, let us re-route to avoid hazards if we need to. Unless everything's just fuckin' thrown wherever and the ID code is for funsies, in which case, pretend I didn't say anything."

"Next," Roy adds, "You said you wanted us to report on the condition of each floor - how much detail do you need on that? And finally..."

Here Roy pauses for a moment, trying to work his way around to a question that feels more ridiculous - he's seen some weird poo poo to be sure, but the words about to come out of his mouth have likely never been uttered. "So, these rats," Roy says as he begins his query. "Sapient doesn't imply anything about size, but if they're totin' experimental fuckin' weapons around, I'm guessing they're not a rat-sized target. How big can they get?"

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Stone

"Anything can be a weapon, Roy. If you see a rat carrying a paperclip around, there's even odds that the clip can kill you."

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

SOD HQ

"Sentients like the intelligent vermin. Possibly robots. I wouldn't think you would run into any aliens at the facility though. At least none that are still alive. It is highly improbably that you will encounter any humans in the facility besides yourselves. If people manage to sneak in, which is very unlikely, then they should brought back alive if possible. We would need to interrogate them as to how they got in, so we can deal with the security issue they create. However, they are not innocent. They will have broken into our facility and finding them in there means they are guilty of a crime. A crime against the Warehouse, which means the Warehouse will punish them as it sees fit. It is up to yourselves to determine how to deal with any trespassers. Human trespassers that is.

It is very likely that what you encounter in the warehouse isn't human. You might encounter humans and find out that they're illusions or tricks created by items in the warehouse. The higher ups say that this facility doesn't have any sentients or sapient items stored there, but I know that isn't always true. Be careful of anything that chooses to interact with you, chances are it is only seeking to escape the warehouse.

Now as far as protection goes. Body armor is available. Mz. Kulagina will make sure you get some concealable body armor. That is unless you want something stronger. Then its your call when you put in your requisition. As for other kinds of bodily protection, you can request whatever you want to bring with you. In fact if you are very concerned about environmental hazards, you can request Haz mat suits. Protective gloves and filtration masks are also available. I think there might be some protection gear on site as well. Each floor should have a room with various kinds of protective gear. If a large fire breaks out, there's the environment becomes inhospitable, or some other large scale disaster occurs, then you should evacuate the building. To make you feel better there are some safe guards in place. In case of a fire, there is a fire suppressant system that uses a non-reactive foam. If there's toxic fumes, the facility's ventilation system will filter out the fumes. Also if the elevators fail to work, there's an emergency stair case to the ground floor as well.

The use of tear gas or flash bangs is allowed, but the environmental controls of the warehouse reduce their effectiveness. And if there's any other questions about what is allowed or not allowed, you can always clear them with Mz. Kulagina.

Now that I've gone over the mission particulars and handed out your basic equipment, you should go into your phones. On your screen should be an app for requisitions. You can use that to make your requisitions. The app will tell you immediately if anything is not approved. It will take a few hours for the requisitions to be processed. In that time, you can freshen up and take a break. So good luck on your first mission. I hope it goes well for you."

Mr. Weiss picks up his attache case and pulls out a handful of papers. He hands them over to Mz. Kulagina before he heads out.

She then distributes the list of items.

list posted:

Location-Level-Aisle location-Size-Shelf location-Additional Info--Item Classification-AN Designation
1. W4C3-0300.XXXXXXXXXXX:U9zBegF
2. W4D4-0700.XXXXXXXXXXX:L6fZ7sI
3. W4B2-0400.XXXXXXXXXXX:tpjG5iL
4. W3B1-0500.XXXXXXXXXXX:ASi43Ra
5. W3A3-0600.XXXXXXXXXXX:JV6292Q
6. W3C2-0400.XXXXXXXXXXX:9qnrD6h
7. W3D3-0600.XXXXXXXXXXX:GhhF4xb
8. U1Delta4#-##0I.XXXXXXXXXXX:WkOjMOP
9. D2#4-##00.XXXXXXXXXXX:Rb2gCMi
10. D2#2-##00.XXXXXXXXXXX:Ev3B5pl

Mz. Kulagina stands up.

"This is how the Warehouse classifies items in a warehouse. The first letter is where it is located. At the facility you're at, there are four levels, two warehouse, one display, and a special level. The W's stand for warehouse levels, the D stands for the display level, which is like a museum, and the U is for the bottom special level. The first number is the level the item is located on. They go from 4 being the closest to ground level to 1 being at the bottom. The letter is what aisle the item is located. Then the size of the object or size of the container. Sizes start at category 1 which is seven inches by seven inches. The largest size you will have to contend with is the category 4 which is 37 inches by 37 inches. Next you have the location on the shelf the item is located. After that is the additional information detail, which isn't important for the most part. The long string of X's is where an item's particulars are listed. Unfortunately none of you are cleared to know more about the items you are gathering. At the end of the designation is an Alphanumeric tag number. Each item in the warehouse has its own tag number, so you should check the tag number to make sure you have the right item. For some of the items, there is some unavailable information, octothorpes are used to take the place. For the three items that have missing information, you should be able to locate the items when you get to the specified floors."

If anyone wants to, they can catch Mr. Weiss before he leaves.

Here's how requisitioning works. Make a list of what you want and post it. Preferably set off from the rest of your post. Basic body armor is already coming, along with maps of the place.

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

William

He nods along at Mr. Weiss's further speech. A casual, almost bored nod, that clearly shows he thinks nothing is strange about any of this at all. "No aliens," he repeats with a slight sigh of relief. "I am somewhat happy that it seems I am destined never to encounter one for myself. Word is you can never quite tell what you might get with them. Now robots and intelligent vermin are better in that you have a general idea of what to expect." The talk over protective gear earns an agreeing nod. It'd be wise to at least bring along gloves if they are to find any of these items to be gathered have come into contact with the mentioned spilled hazardous liquids or the like.

When Mr. Weiss makes to leave, he takes out the company phone from in his jacket and proceeds to slowly navigate his way around this 'app' as Mr. Weiss called it. He lays the phone on the table and uses both index fingers to type away. Modern technology, what a marvelous thing.

pre:
I shall require:

- 1x high-caliber handgun.
- Rounds for said gun.
- Additional silver rounds for said gun.
- 1x silver combat knife.
- 1x messenger bag (large+durable).
- 2x vials of holy water.
- 1x pouch of rock salt.
- 1x handheld torch 'flashlight'.
- 1x wooden stake.
- 1x belt to attach weapons listed above. 
- 1x first aid kit + basic surgical tools.
- 1x pair of protective gloves.
- Some sort of night vision.  
Having placed his order, he then leaves it to see whether the phone tells him if anything is denied or not. He smiles in wonder at it all. All he could think to ask for at the simple touch of his fingers. Why, he could get very used to this.

As he looks back up to sip his tea, he notices the handed out piece of paper with the items they are to procure listed on it. He glances over the list as he sips from his cup and listens to Miss Kulagina's explanation. "It seems they are spread out over a few floors, so I would agree with the idea of making teams, as you said, Nick," he says, looking to the man. "It'll make it that much quicker and we certainly have the numbers to do so. Not to rush into planning, but might I suggest Nathan and myself on separate teams, if that is indeed how we will plan to work this?" He turns to Nathan. "Not that I already tire of your company. No, it is simply that you also mentioned having medical knowledge, yes? It would be wise to make sure at least one of us is within reach, should anyone be unfortunate to gain more than just a few cuts and scrapes during our time down there."

He stands from his chair, finishing his cup of tea and grabbing his company phone. "As this order goes through, I do believe I will take the time to test out the showers at our disposal here."

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Stone

I'm not exactly a doctor, but I do know how to pull out a bullet and stitch a hole. Seems like there's eight of us and four floors, how about four teams of two?" Jack suggests, congenially. "Father, you're welcome to explore one of the floors with me."

He adds, with a grin, "I won't rat you out if you find Jesus' backscratcher or something and wanna rub it."

He also glances down at the phone, with disgust. "Ugh, so last-decade." He begins the arduous task of typing out each of his requests, pausing midway to add, "Don't forget, people. You're gonna wanna want your stuff in purple. It... I dunno, it works better, just trust me on this."

pre:
x1 facemask (Stylish, Purple)
x5 rubber gloves (Purple)
x1 Hazmat suit (Purple)
x1 Lamborghini (Electric Purple)
x20 assorted bottles of alcohol (Not the cheap poo poo, either)
x1 of whatever the best nonlethal weapon you have
x1 case of neutralizer (Didn't think I knew about that, did you? Hah!)
x1 Forklift (Purple)
x2 Takeout from Taste of India (Don't forget the naan!)

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

I am Centurion Titus Polonius. And the only trouble I've had is that nobody seem to realize that I'm their superior officer.
Nathan Reyes

Nathan listens to Mz. Kulagina describe the warehouse's labeling process with a befuddled look, and then peers at the list of items. He mutters a bit under his breath,trying to remember what how it all worked. "Okay, so if I have this right, the first item is on Level 4, which is a warehouse level and the closest to the ground, it's in aisle 'C', it's size category 3, which would be, umm, bigger than a breadbox let's say, and it's at location 0300. And it'll be labeled capital uniform nine zulu capital bravo echo golf capital foxtrot?"

Nathan then gets out his new phone, and begins to investigate the requisition app, his eyes lighting up like a kid in a candy store. He pauses, and looks up with a quizzical look. "I'm guessing that the doors in this place are pretty solid? If we can't get them open, would a breaching round from a shotgun have any effect?"

Going back to his phone for a moment, Nathan finalizes his list before responding to William's remark. "That's a good point, though I don't know if we should split up too much. Maybe two teams of four? And yeah, I can do anything up to basic meatball surgery. I'll make sure to take my gear."

pre:
Requisition list: 

Night Vision Goggles
Mechanix gloves
MICH helmet
M50 Gas Mask 
Barret REC7
   7 loaded mags, 5 with Hollow Point +P, 2 with APHC +P
Baffle Supressor 
Tritium Reflex Sight 
H&K M32o
   5 Tear Gas grenades, 5 beanbag grenades
x4 Flashbangs
Halligan tool
Fancy-schmancy lightweight surgical gear.

Beardless fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Jun 9, 2015

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Stone

"Forget about Mr. Masterkey over here, you said no explosives but does that include surgical demolitions? I have a few things that can quickly, cleanly, and safely open most anything you need it to. Will I be authorized to use them?"

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

SOD HQ

"The doors won't be a problem. When you enter the facility the doors will be opened for you. You don't need to use breaching rounds or explosives. If you happen to find explosives, then you should think twice about using them. The facility, including the doors are meant to withstand a lot of damage. An explosion might cause you more harm then any part of the facility."

The first requisition requests get replies. William and Nathan see that all of their requests are approved. Stones sees that all but the request for alcohol is approved.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Stone

Staring at his screen, Stone almost does a double-take. "Ohhh man, you guys approved the Lambo? Holy poo poo, the pencil-pushers at home never approve my choice of rides!"

Sing-songily, under his breath, he adds, "That's why I usually have steeeaaal theeeem."

Putting his game face back on, he continues. "Ok, so the car is good and the forklift is good. Here's what I think the plan should be. Team Underground hops on the forklift, hits the freight elevator, goes down to Floor 1. The other three teams hit their respective floors, and gather their items at the elevator doors. Team Underground gathers their item, takes the elevator to floor 2, where they rendezvous with Team Display. Both teams head up to floor 3, load up, and then we all gather at the fourth floor elevator to finish piling everything aboard. Head to ground level, chunk everything into the car, get the hell out of dodge."

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

Burke

Doctor Burke pulled out his fancy new cellphone and swiped left to unlock, pleasantly surprised to find that they ran on iOS. He thought they would've run on some proprietary operating system. Geoffrey opened the requisition app, only to be greeted by a simple text box. He punched in the few items he wanted.

Requisition posted:

Butyl Rubber Gloves
A Gas Mask
8 Walkie Talkies

He briefly considered requisitioning some kind of gun, but he had no idea how to use a gun and figured it would cause more harm than good. Other than that, Burke felt like he already had all he needed to do this particular job; they weren't having him study anything yet. He spent a few more minutes browsing the phone's various menus, seeing if it had any other applications, before getting up to leave.

"I'm feeling tired, so I'm going to take a nap if there isn't anything else. I should be awake by the time we head out.", he said, grabbing a piece of cantaloupe on the way out. He headed to the bed he had picked out earlier, stopping at the bathroom to relieve himself. He stripped off his shoes, removed his tie, and set his new phone's alarm to go off before it was time to head out. With all that taken care off, he slid onto the surprisingly comfortable bed and fell asleep.

paper bag with a face fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Jun 9, 2015

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

William

He smiles as his requisition request all goes through without a problem. So quick and easy! He thinks of taking that shower now, but at Stone's outburst of delight he then leans over and peers at the man's phone screen. "My word. They let you have a car?" Wasting no time, he pulls up the app once more and types:

pre:
1x Aston Martin DB5.
Lingering his gaze on the screen to see if it is approved, he begins to rock back and forth on his heels as he waits. "Now let us see if they are as generous with me. If any car is worth requesting, it is that." He briefly turns to Stone and nods. "A decent plan. We split into teams of two or teams of four, yet either sounds good to me so long as no one goes anywhere alone down there. I have no objections as to who I am teamed up with."

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

"It was a busy day. I do not remember it all. In the morning, I thought I had lost my wallet. Then we went swimming and either overthrew a government or started a pro-American radio station. I can't really remember."
Fun Shoe
Father Frank

Frank leaves the requisition system alone for now, reasoning that his job is to get a bunch of stuff and bring it back. Why would he want go in with his hands already full? "Lambo?" He looks quizzically at Stone, "You requisitioned a tiny sports car for our freight hauling mission? Come on."

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

William

He looks to Frank and shrugs. "I would imagine that the Warehouse will have others to handle transport of the items back to whatever new base they wish once we have done the hard part of bringing them up to the surface. The car, well, that is just for another time when I am sure it will be needed." His eyes drift over to Miss Kulagina. "Unless I am mistaken and we also have to handle transport of these items back here, or somewhere else?"

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Stone

Ticking off his fingers, Stone says:

"One, we don't know much about what we're going into, and so the first priority is good transportation. Lamborghinis are very nice, very distinctive, very fast cars. If poo poo hits the fan, you'll be glad we have it. Assuming I let you ride shotgun."
"Two, the items we're transporting are all small-to-medium size. Most can fit comfortably within the Lambo or the trunk, and whatever won't will probably fit in William's Aston Martin. Nice call, by the way."
"Three, they are showing off. They want us, and they want us to be excited to be here. That's what the whole rigamarole is about, with the stealth chopper and the phones and all that. So let them. I get to drive a Lambo, they get to show us that they have the capacity to have a purple lamborghini waiting wherever we're going, it's win/win. In fact, unless they're planning to bring the chopper, I think it would probably be prudent for each team to have a distinctive vehicle for this mission."

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Toby

"Man, this poo poo is all sorts of heavy. I'm going to go in there prepared myself." He says as he starts to jot stuff down, "So what you guys didn't have one of those before? I mean. They aren't THAT expensive." Despite having lived quite simply, Toby did have his pleasures, though he never really had used one before. Sometimes you just need a trophy, and to Toby, a fast car was a good centerpiece. Not that he was going to be able to use that apartment again, and he had sold off the car as he decided to roam the world for more of a challenge than being rich and retired.

Taking up his phone from his pocket he started to fulfill the requisition form himself as the others argue over semantics.

pre:
MICH Helmet, with front mounted flashlight.
1 Daewoo USAS-12
3 full clips for it
1 gas mask
1 night vision goggles
1 Heavy duty protective gloves
18 Chemlight glowsticks
8 electronic compasses
8 emergency radio beacons
8  radio direction finder
1 Chemical Handheld Detector
1 Geiger counter
1 unmarked nondescript van (seats 12)
In van: 
            1 emergency first aid kit
             2 radio direction finders
             3 flashlights
1 van driver
"Okay, since we are going to be mates, I got everyone 2 glowsticks, a emergency radio beacon, and direction finder. I also got everyone a electronic compass cause you all look like you couldn't find your way out of a Harvey Norman shop without getting lost. Oh, also I think that a van that seats 12 will be fine for travel, along with spare poo poo. I'm getting a chemical detector and Geiger counter, I'm no scientist but gently caress walking into poo poo that I don't know. Also a driver, cause gently caress that driving poo poo, when we can just ride and get ready." Toby said as he pressed submit on the phone and watched it sent off into the abyss that was the cell phone network.

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Able to harness the awesome power of fractions
Roy

"Cars are a nice touch. Testing the limits. I approve," Roy notes offhandedly as he starts to compose something on the new phone. "Still think two teams of four would be better - we'll move slower, but be able to search each floor more thoroughly if we need to, and concentrate force if someone runs into something." With a grin and a chuckle, he adds, "Even if it's just a rat with a fuckin' paperclip."

He focuses then on his phone. Firearms aren't a real consideration - as far as he's concerned he won't find a better pistol than his old post-retirement gift to himself, and anything bulkier might be a problem in close-quarters. So it's just a few extra things...

code:
1 gas mask
1 set sharp-protective gloves
1 stun gun or similar
1 doorbuster + 1 chisel strip (despite the name, will not be used on doors)
1 set thermal-imaging goggles (why not?)
1 some kind of awesome fuckin' motion sensor 

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

SOD HQ

Mz. Kulagina looks at her phone and sighs.

"I want you all to know that I have very little to do with your requisitions. Most of the requisitions are actually reviewed by an AI before being sent to the Quartermaster office for fulfillment. I do get to see what you are requesting though and I'm noticing a trend in people wanting transportation. For the most part, the Warehouse will make sure you have transportation available. Normally the Warehouse provides necessary transportation. To get you to the facility and then for you to be retrieved from the facility with the requested items, one of our helicopters will transport you. Mr. Phillips makes a useful request for transportation, a large cargo van. The van will be at the location for your transport. The van should be adequate to get you to the warehouse and back to the pick up location. However, depending on the L&T department, they might just pick you up on facility grounds.

Burke, William, and Roy find that their requests are approved without problem. Toby finds that his list is all approved, except for the van. The van (minus a driver) will be present at mission location.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Toby

"Wouldn't be a job unless a unmarked cargo van was involved right?" He snickered and had a bit more to drink of his tea. "I'm pretty sure I got everything I can even imagine would be useful ever." He shrugged and looked back at the others with their flashy and fancy cars and wondered where the hell they were going to keep this quiet.

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

William

Smiling, he puts the phone back inside his jacket pocket, has a celebratory jelly bean and claps. "Aha! Fantastic. I have always wanted the chance to drive such a motor." Whether it's useful (or even present) on this particular mission or not, he doesn't particularly care so long as he has the chance to get behind the wheel even for a little moment. And even if the car sits in a garage, he'll be content knowing that it's there just waiting for the time he comes to take it for a spin.
"If they mean to show off just what they can offer, I for one am willing to take full advantage of it." Others may jest at such a request, but he is now one Aston Martin richer than he was a few minutes ago simply because he asked for one.

"Well, I do believe that is enough shopping to keep me satisfied for now. Time to see about that shower and perhaps a quick nap." He then wanders off down the hall to make use of the shower facilities within the barracks, humming to himself with a skip in his step.

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

Nathan Reyes

"So we've got two sportscars, an unmarked van, I guess we need something with a little bit more... punch." He begins to make another requisition request, and then looks at Father Frank. "Father, remind me after this mission to bring you and Doctor Burke to the range, I'd be a lot more comfortable if you could handle a gun in a crisis."

pre:
Armored GMC Suburban or similar large SUV, with a popup turret mounting an Dillon M134DT Minigun.
In the vehicle: 
   8 sets of Advanced Body Armor, Riot gear arm and leg protection, combat boots, and ballistic Helemts
   Large Entry shield
   Barrett M107
   FN Mk48 MOD 0
   4 FFV AT4CS
   FGM-148A Javelin launcher, with 4 extra missiles. 
   M79 10 Beanbag, 10 rubber shot, 10 tear gas, 10 HEDP, 5 Illumination, and 5 smoke rounds. 
   8 M4A1s, with Eotech reflex sights and supressors.
     6 magazines for each rifle, loadded with APHC.

Beardless fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Jun 9, 2015

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003

Fuss and misery
Nick Brophy

"Jesus Christ, you guys are like kids in a candy store." He shakes his head then focuses on the phone's requisition app.

pre:
Lockpick Gun   
Electronic Lockpicking Kit
Assault Vest
Small First Aid Kit
Flex Cuff x3
MX Animal TASER +3 reloads
Glock 22, .40 S&W +3 magazines
  - Reflex Sight, Tritium
  - Small Tactical Light
Tactical Headset
Night Vision Goggles
Rope, 1/4" x20m
Crowbar, Titanium
Chemlight x6
He almost his submit, then adds a couple more items...

pre:
CVSA software
High-end laptop
Five-course dinner at Delmonico
Tahiti

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Stone

Glancing over Nick's shoulder, Stone adds. "Tahiti is a magical place."

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

SOD HQ

Nathan gets a reply back. DENIED. Nick sees that his request is approved, however in regards to Tahiti it it merely tells him approval accepted.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Toby

"I wonder." Toby looks down at his phone and started typing looking at the others.

pre:
1 guitar Gibson- signed Elton John and Lynyrd Skynyrd
1 mini fridge
2 cases of White Rabbit Dark Ale in mini fridge
1 Personal Assistant named Tasha
"I'm going for broke man, lets see how this plays out." He said, not looking seriously at the others for a moment. "After this job all your yanks can get a taste of some real loving beer you hear, alright?" Toby smirked and wondered if it would actually work, Jack Stone's request fresh on his mind as he entered it.

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

Nathan Reyes

"Man, you Aussies think you invented beer or some poo poo. You can't judge all american beer by Bud Light or some of the other poo poo. We'll have to try some local microbrewery stuff, whenever we figure out where exactly we are."

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Toby

"Right, I've heard that, it ain't true, but I sure done with haven't seen any worth mentioning. Call me when you got amount of alcohol right on the bottles." He says leaning back in the chair, no longer paying attention to his phone at all.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Stone

"Jesus Christ, you people are trying to order people through your phones? And you called me terrible for asking what happened to my hooker."

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Toby

"No one accepted one yet, but I asked for a few people that would be useful. Next you will say hiring a maid is bad, or a lawyer." Toby shakes his head, "I am curious if it will actually happen, most likely not, after all yours was rejected."

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

SOD HQ

"I wouldn't recommend pushing the limits with the app. The AI that handles requisitions is...temperamental. If you get on its bad side, then bad things are likely to happen. And unexpected things. You make a joke request and the AI might find something to fulfill the request, but it won't be what you want. The AI has a higher security clearance as well, so you could find yourself with something that you can't ask questions about because you don't have a high enough clearance."

Toby finds that all his requests are denied except for the personal digital assistant, TASHA.

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

William

Those within earshot of the barrack showers are easily able to hear over the sound of running water an Englishman giving his best rendition of the song 'Singin' in the Rain'. It is not a very good rendition by any means, but he enjoys it nonetheless.

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

Nathan Reyes

With his requisitioning done, Nathan heads back to the barracks himself, and decides to take a nap before the mission. He sets the alarm on his new phone for two hours, and then crashes on his bed.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

SOD HQ

"It looks as though everyone is mostly done with requisitions? If not, then you should get them in soon so they're ready before you leave here for the mission. Also unless there's something else you want to talk to me about currently, I'll be taking a break myself."

She waits to see if there's anything else to discuss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Stone

"Guess I'll turn in, then."

• Locked thread