Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

chaosapiant posted:

If you’re using hairworks, disable that first. That should give you back 20 or so frames.

holy gently caress

itry posted:

Don't know about that, but you can add Aerondight with a console command if you want. It's additem('Aerondight EP2') or additem('Aerondight').
i download some thing from nexusmods and broke the game, now everytime i run it i get a console mod error and then the game loads

Look Sir Droids posted:

I thought stash imported, but things hanging in your vineyard don't import.

Either way, the safest bet is to have it on you.
i dont have it, bummer

Arcsquad12 posted:

Halk Hogan is probably going "are you loving serious? Now?!" since they released the final version of the Witcher HD Reworked Project this year, only for CDPR to come out with the next-gen rerelease.

i downloaded it, witcher 3 might be the most beatiful game i have ever played. i have 334 hours on it, 334 hours more!

Zeta Acosta fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Sep 17, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Zeta Acosta posted:

i download some thing from nexusmods and broke the game, now everytime i run it i get a console mod error and then the game loads

Make sure it's for the latest patch.

https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/3375

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Zeta Acosta posted:

holy gently caress

Yea, with that one setting off I could max the game out at 1080p on a GTX 970, and get 60+FPS just fine.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NmpBNAzqB0

White Coke
May 29, 2015
On the subject of Aerondight I still haven't been able to get the quest to acquire it to trigger. How far do you have to progress in the main questline to get it?

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Pretty early on in Blood and Wine from a side quest after you prove your knightly virtue. On an island in a lake

WhiskeyWhiskers fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Sep 18, 2020

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

I think you can lock yourself out of it if you do too many of the quests that will count towards your virtues before triggering the questline. If you haven't been in Toussaint that long, that's unlikely to be your problem though.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

They count still, if you weren't an rear end in a top hat during them.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
I've been to the island and the hermit wasn't there. Some people say if you get all five virtues you can head over there and the Hermit will be there and you just fight him. I think I've gotten all the virtues, except maybe generosity so I'll just pay the shoe shine a lot of money and that should qualify me.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

That's usually how I've ended up doing it as you can get all 5 virtues quite quickly, so it should work if you get the last one and just head over there.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

First time I got there she just handed me the sword. I'm a good Geralt :v:

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Look Sir Droids posted:

I think you can lock yourself out of it if you do too many of the quests that will count towards your virtues before triggering the questline. If you haven't been in Toussaint that long, that's unlikely to be your problem though.
They all count, because I waltzed over to the island accidentally and just got handed a sword after a duel.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

White Coke posted:

I've been to the island and the hermit wasn't there. Some people say if you get all five virtues you can head over there and the Hermit will be there and you just fight him. I think I've gotten all the virtues, except maybe generosity so I'll just pay the shoe shine a lot of money and that should qualify me.

This may be a stupid question, but have you gotten the notice board message for it?

White Coke
May 29, 2015

ShakeZula posted:

This may be a stupid question, but have you gotten the notice board message for it?

I haven't. And that's what I can't find out, why it hasn't shown up. Neither have the two knights who talk about it.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
I finally finished the lady of the lake, is that the last of the tale before he wakes up in TW1? I'll probably read season of storms too but am less fussed about it if it's a prequel.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The flashback cutscenes in witcher 2 tell Geralt's story after the end of Lady of the Lake.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

I'm on Lady of the Lake and just got through the Battle of Brenna. RIP Coen, Rusty, Marti, and Iola.

Of the books this has been the slowest to read for me. The structure is a bit weird and the Ciri part of it is kind of boring? It is cool to see where Eredin comes from though.

litany of gulps
Jun 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Maugrim posted:

I'll probably read season of storms too but am less fussed about it if it's a prequel.

I thought this too, but it's not strictly prequel material. The timeline gets wonky because... Ciri.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
ok im halfway through time of contempt and i think it's time start deciding whether, when i get to the last book, i want to play the game's ending first or read how it ends in the book first. i can only ever do this once in my life

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The White Dragon posted:

ok im halfway through time of contempt and i think it's time start deciding, whether i want to play the game's ending first or read how it ends in the book first. i can only ever do this once in my life

Read the book ending first if you’re already that far in.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

The White Dragon posted:

ok im halfway through time of contempt and i think it's time start deciding whether, when i get to the last book, i want to play the game's ending first or read how it ends in the book first. i can only ever do this once in my life

the game follows the book so obviously read the book ending first

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
Read the book ending, then watch a compilation video of the flashbacks from The Witcher 2, then finish The Witcher 3

...is how I'm doing it, anyway. Thanks to the poster above who gave me the tip about the TW2 flashbacks.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

Did not see Emhyr = Duny coming at all.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Makes certain casting choices interesting in retrospect, eh?

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
geralts dead and ciri lashing out at yen is really heartbreaking

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

Well, I finished the books. Except Season of Storms. Anybody got any hot take interpretations of the ending? That was sad. Ciri just never caught a break in the whole series.

Now I need to see how that ending ties in to the games.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Look Sir Droids posted:

Well, I finished the books. Except Season of Storms. Anybody got any hot take interpretations of the ending? That was sad. Ciri just never caught a break in the whole series.

Now I need to see how that ending ties in to the games.

Now jump into the first game and play all three games back to back. Let The Witcher was over you! Also read Season of Storms, seriously.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

Look Sir Droids posted:

The ending was straight-up Arthurian romance. The legend goes that Arthur, when he died, was carried by a boatful of enchantresses (notably including Morgana le Fay and Nimue) across a lake to the Isle of Avalon where he sleeps and will return when his country is in dire need.

And yeah Ciri does get a rough time of it, but hey she got plenty of payback opportunities in the end and nobody ultimately managed to make her do what they wanted over what she wanted.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

Maugrim posted:

The ending was straight-up Arthurian romance. The legend goes that Arthur, when he died, was carried by a boatful of enchantresses (notably including Morgana le Fay and Nimue) across a lake to the Isle of Avalon where he sleeps and will return when his country is in dire need.

And yeah Ciri does get a rough time of it, but hey she got plenty of payback opportunities in the end and nobody ultimately managed to make her do what they wanted over what she wanted.

Okay, wasn't sure if it was that simple or if it's open to interpretation. Also had no idea Nimue is part of Arthurian legend. Is her world with Condwiramurs the same one that Ciri is in with Galahad at the end? Is Condwiramurs the same as the dreamer person in W3?

Also, I liked how they saved Yen's suicide attempt and Tisseia's influence revelation for the very end. I appreciate Yen's backstory in the show a lot more now.

Look Sir Droids fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Sep 22, 2020

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Corinne is definitely a reference to Condwirramurs but theyre different, albeit related, characters.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

Next up, I'm watching this as recommended earlier in the thread: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtrAx-rVgco

So they really just pulled the old amnesia? Does this tie in to Triss tricking Geralt in to banging her and Geralt being part of the Wild Hunt for a while? Like he was saved from death at the end of the books only for the Wild Hunt to abduct him and make him help them find Ciri? I'm sure this was in Witcher 3, but I had no idea what they were talking about so I memory holed it.

I plan on doing a super casual run of Witcher 2, but no plans to play Witcher 1.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
They weren't quite confident enough to do a full sequel to the books so the first game plays out more like a collection of greatest hits from the novels stitched together with an overarching plot. By the time the second game came around they started messing with the concept of amnesia to poke fun at themselves.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Look Sir Droids posted:

Okay, wasn't sure if it was that simple or if it's open to interpretation. Also had no idea Nimue is part of Arthurian legend. Is her world with Condwiramurs the same one that Ciri is in with Galahad at the end? Is Condwiramurs the same as the dreamer person in W3?

Also, I liked how they saved Yen's suicide attempt and Tisseia's influence revelation for the very end. I appreciate Yen's backstory in the show a lot more now.

nimue and condwarimurs section takes place in the future. nimue is one of the kids that the old storyteller is reading to in an earlier book, and has a cameo in season of storms

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Show Geralt got himself a new tailor. I like that they kept the tight pants.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Arcsquad12 posted:

Show Geralt got himself a new tailor. I like that they kept the tight pants.

Holy poo poo that’s bad rear end!

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Those shoulderpads actually look like they're made of metal with a leather covering riveted on, a massive improvement over 99% of movie leather armour.

I hope the Nilfgaardian Scrotum Troopers get a similar makeover.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I do wonder if the lames of the pauldrons are articulated or if they're just layered on top of one another and don't move individually.

It's still not perfect (until the Manticore armour is put into the show nothing will be in my mind) but it's already a massive step up from Season 1. At least this equipment looks fitted to Geralt.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Oct 5, 2020

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

Additional news, it looks like Season 3 is already greenlit. Netflix really going all-in on The Witcherverse.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
We might actually get our chainmail trenchcoat by season 5. :woop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Looks like Cavill found blueprints for two pieces of the Grandmaster set

e: season 3 being greenlit is good because it means they survived the 'commission season 2 only to build hype for season 1' gauntlet that Netflix puts so many shows through