Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brackhar
Aug 26, 2006

I'll give you a definite maybe.
Any word on if this will be better to play on KB/Mouse or Gamepad as of yet? I'll be playing on PC either way, but it's an interesting distinction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brackhar
Aug 26, 2006

Drifter posted:

I mean, isn't it purely preference? For me, I'll always like it better on kb/m.

What a strange question.

Well, as an example, Dragon Age Inquisition has a pretty bad KB/M UI at launch, so the general recommendation was to use Gamepad instead. Skyrim's launch UI also works a lot better on Gamepad as well, so until SkyUI came out it was likely better to play with Gamepad there also.

That's all I'm asking about. It's something worth questioning in these days of simultaneous PC/Console releases.

Brackhar
Aug 26, 2006

Welp, my Steam cloud save for Witcher 2 is gone. I have no idea what happened to it. :smith:

Does anyone have a Witcher 2 elf path save where the dragon lived, was free, and the assassin lived as well? As much as I'd like to get every decision the same I figure those are the biggest ones that might affect Witcher 3.

Edit: Oh, it looks like there's an interrogation system that lets me replicate my important choices. Yay!

Brackhar fucked around with this message at 07:13 on May 19, 2015

Brackhar
Aug 26, 2006

So I'm playing on the hardest difficulty, but I'm finding I'm running into a lot of trouble even when fighting a group of drowners at the beginning of the game. Everything seems 4 or so levels higher than me, and they hurt a ton! Any advice for playing on this difficult?

Brackhar
Aug 26, 2006

Solartide posted:

Drowners are the hardest enemies in the game.

Oh, so it's specifically an issue with them as opposed to something I need to do differently when playing on the hardest difficulty?

Dominoes posted:

Keeping a quen up and being very fareful with the fights seems like the best way. And bees nests if you see them.

How do you interact with bee nests? I just get this symbol of a broken glove when I get next to them and can't interact.

Brackhar
Aug 26, 2006

Man, on the highest difficulty I just find myself spamming quick attack, sidestep, and quen all day. Is that kinda how it goes at that difficulty? Battles are feeling really samey right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brackhar
Aug 26, 2006

Some of my friends at work are having a real problem playing Witcher 3 due to motion sicknes from the witcher sense effect. Do any of you know of either an option or a mod that can disable/alter the visualization of that skill?