Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lpzie posted:

This game loving owns.

yes. graphics good combat good gwent good story good choices good igni good. i feel like im constantly underleveled though, seems every quest i get is several levels above me, and leveling seems to take a while.

how to level

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
i wanna witcher, but i also wanna get xp.. how heavily does the no sidequest xp bug affect little me at level 7

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
dont know if excessive use of spoiler tags but whatevs

i feel like i made som bad choices in the crones of crookback bog questy. i stabbed a tree's heart to death cause it sounded creepy, and when confronted by the crones afterwards, i told them ciri and i would be back for them :P Now it seems the orphans are food, and the crones live. could i have fought and killed them there?

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pellisworth posted:

The other option is to free the spirit, which saves the children but the spirit will destroy the nearby village of Downwarren. It's also pretty clear the spirit is evil and probably going to do other bad poo poo on its own. The decision to free/kill the spirit also partly determines the outcome of the Bloody Baron quest if you haven't finished that yet.

Edit to answer directly, no, you could not have killed the crones there. Both options have bad poo poo happen.

havent finished it yet. i just want everyone to be happy and alive

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
i want to play gwent irl

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

oooh

ooooh

lol that is fuken pricey though, kill me if i ever buy those

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
didnt beat the baron in gwent before he went on his way. hope i can still be the very best, that no one was

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
ive been trying to clear up my sidequests and ones been sitting there since lvl 9 apparently. im supposed to collect a reward from the king of beggars for freeing rico but the dotted line only leads me to a dead end with the yellow marker just out of reach. what

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

GrossMurpel posted:

Look at the area where the king of beggars is, it's basically one big circular backyard. The entrance to that is a door right next to the merchant icon on the west side of it.

cool thanks :D

Harley C posted:

Hi witcher thread,

Something I noticed early in the game is the peasants dying to packs of wild dogs in Velen. I believe I could kill 6 wild dogs if they attacked me, and most able bodied male peasants should be able to do the same. Am I wrong for thinking this? I mean obviously with a sword, but even with just the resources of a forest (sticks, rocks, sand) I think I could kill 6 wild dogs of that size. I would think that at the very least the peasants could climb up a tree and easily escape them, they are just dogs. My friend disagreed and said that I would get killed by 6 wild dogs, and that the dogs are a threat to the peasants. Can anyone please shed light on how dangerous a pack of 6 wild dogs of that size would really be against an unarmed man? Searching for answers has only led me to a video of a singular wild dog attacking an elderly russian couple and survivalist tips on how to kill wild dogs with knives.

six wild angry dogs will kill you

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
may ruin this for myself but, when gathering allies for fighting the hunt about how far through the main story am i... im guessing close

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Crappy Jack posted:

Not as close as you'd think. There's still a whole act beyond what you're preparing to do.

hot drat

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
isle of mists/assault on khaer morhen fails the plot to kill radovid sidequest nooooOOOO i wanted to see how that turned out

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

GrossMurpel posted:

It's almost like the notice about quests relating to important characters failing after Isle of Mists wasn't just a joke by CDPR!

makes no sense though, roche and djikstra are both still alive sooo nothing should have changed

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
drat i hosed up

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Ending spoiler: everything is poo poo

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

alex314 posted:

Post your slides.
I should wrap the game this weekend, but based on the thread the darkest of paths is Radovid wins the war, is shithead. Ciri, Geralt, Keira, Bloody Baron, his wife, Letho, and Emhyr dies.

e: also you've killed all of the trolls and a mimic.

oh not that bad ciri dies (or does she?? hard to say, said old dandelion voice), geralt hunts down the last crone, finds the medallion the crone stole and cries while ghouls and drowners swarm him.

emhyr gets stabbed to death, radovid wins cause i didnt finish that quest. never even met letho :0 skellige prospers under cerys

i will do things differently if i go through this game again, might be a while though. so big, the game

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Arglebargle III posted:

Sounds pretty loving awful you horrible monster.

i feel literal remorse.

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Gilganixon posted:

also i bet you killed a bunch of trolls while you were bumbling around out there, didn't you

only the one in skellige, guarding the old blacksmith tools that blacksmith lady wanted

im not a monster

im a good person

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
are there rumours of a ng+ mode?

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
second playthrough hlel yes, doing a sign build this time. and this time i wont gently caress up the ending. cant wait to do the expansion stuff ! ! !

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
game keeps crashing in the courtyard fight in the prison breakout mission on ps4 :/ think it happens when when i use a lot of signs back to back.. but i gotta do it, my geralt's a sign man

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
never will i get all the gwents

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
arachnomorphs are pure bullshit. is there anyway to break out their web before all 5000000000000000000000000000 of them swarm you at once?

and im guessing the hunk of jade i have to get for the runewright is in the cave with them, yes?

e: yes

my new dog fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Oct 25, 2015