Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dud root
Mar 30, 2008
Patch 1.03 has smoothed out performance for me, less dips. GTX780 with 352.86 drivers and 2500k at 4.4Ghz

Only played for a couple of hours but its hot as balls so far. Only annoying thing is having to mash escape multiple times to get out of the inventory/journal, and if you're moving the mouse then it overrides escape.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dud root
Mar 30, 2008

Bardeh posted:

If you're a sex noob, you'll want to make sure you have protection with Quen. If you're pro like me, you just go in without. Keeps things spicy. Also, make sure to coat your weapon with various oils at all times. Really makes things easier.

Axii :stonk:

dud root
Mar 30, 2008
1.03 bumped my texture setting down to Low as well. Check your settings after applying and turn it back to what you want.

Even looting in open fields can be awkward if you overstep a body. It would be nice if you could take a couple of steps back without the entire 180 degree turn with a large radius

dud root
Mar 30, 2008

PirateBob posted:

Is it possible through some ini tweak or something, to enable Depth of Field only for dialogues?

I'm not 100% but with DoF disabled I've still noticed it on during conversation. W2 had a separate option for game/dialog, and it's missing in W3. I think the setting exists, and is on, but its not exposed in settings

dud root
Mar 30, 2008

Broken Cog posted:

Btw guys, never try to use Axii on people when you're talking to a group of two or more, they'll notice what you're doing.

I love the reactions to this, "Oi everyone! The freaks done something to Mikuls mind!"

dud root
Mar 30, 2008
Mouse hardware Yes or No?

I dont think I noticed a huge difference. Turned on the menu system is improved but not ingame

dud root
Mar 30, 2008
Um so I threw a round in Gwent after the ai put down some value 10 heroes. AI was already ahead but it put down 2 more cards anyway. What the?

dud root
Mar 30, 2008

Arrgytehpirate posted:

"Bear. Bear. Run you stupid piece of poo poo."

GOTY all years

Oh god I just did his minutes ago. Gonna be giggling for weeks

dud root
Mar 30, 2008
I read an official from Gog or a dev confirmed the XP bug if the quest is 6 levels lower? Is that still the case? Is it safe to continue on with quests close to my own level?

dud root
Mar 30, 2008

Turds in magma posted:

I'm lvl 23, but I missed out on a couple of Alchemy formulae, including golden oriole, some oils, etc...
I can only seem to find enhanced and superior versions now . Where can I find the low-level ones?

I'm getting this problem and I'm only level 11, but with bombs. Not sure how to get the base formulae

dud root
Mar 30, 2008
I've just spent 20 hours on question marks in Velen, so my memory is a bit vague on actual main quest stuff now. I helped Triss onto a boat, and gave the 'Lets try again' answer instead of 'I love you'. Have I locked myself out of any future mo-cap coitus? Did I miss some already? The only person I've ploughed so far is Keira, who I then pretty much immediately killed :cry:

dud root
Mar 30, 2008
Just got to Skellige & holy poo poo the writing for Geralt and Yens sarcastic adventures is great.

dud root
Mar 30, 2008
Currently level 32 and I've got a billion crafting materials, but I'm always short on Redanian alcohol for making the White Gull? super alcohol for the super amazing upgraded potions. Where the hell can I find a stack of 20?

dud root
Mar 30, 2008
Regarding Keira, I totally do not remember getting the option to send her to Kaer Morhen. It seemed like letting her go would result in experiments on humans. Even if it was for the greater good of curing the plague it seemed a pretty easy choice at the time to stop her. Nek minnut shes throwing down I wish I had a save from then to refresh my memory of the exact conversation

dud root
Mar 30, 2008

Arglebargle III posted:

Alvin is dead, you killed him at the end of Witcher 1. That note was left a long time ago.

Jacques is dead, but is Alvin? Couldn't Alvin still be teleporting around space and time Ciri style, growing up to be Jacques

dud root
Mar 30, 2008
White Orchid exploration music is also baller, and not included in the soundtrack
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGrmJJqmmtk

Some of the best exploration music from Witcher 1 was also missing from that soundtrack, really annoying.

dud root
Mar 30, 2008

Sylphosaurus posted:

So, I just went on a drinking binge with my Witcher buddies, ending up with prank calling some Mage in his chambers, while we are crossdressing in Yennefer's dresses.This game and that scene is just loving fantastic..

Goddamn it I was too Yen whipped irl to do that. I thought it might be a fail trigger for future unicorn riding

dud root
Mar 30, 2008
Whats the effect of returning/not returning Yens magic crow skull thingy?

dud root
Mar 30, 2008

Taear posted:

He doesn't say a lot in Kaer Mohren though. He's the only choice in the game that feels incidental, like they didn't care much.
It's a really strange bit.

I think at the end of the day any dev will make an pretty conservative call on how much resources to commit to content that half your player base wont ever see. Lets face it >50% of W2 players who did reach the end probably killed Letho just because hes the end game "boss"

dud root
Mar 30, 2008
Looking forward to killing them all in my second play through.. For.. Completeness

dud root
Mar 30, 2008
Geralts movement has been modeled on some vague real world physics, with weight and momentum, but from a fun perspective he should be able to turn in 1-frame

dud root
Mar 30, 2008

eXXon posted:

I thought whirl was supposed to be good against groups of enemies, but I found that most of them will back off far enough not to all get him by it or just block it. Ironically, it's a lot more useful when you corner a single target, especially one that doesn't block well. You just hold the attack button and a few seconds later they're blended into mush.

That was my experience too. Or you'd take a single hit and it would cancel it out

dud root
Mar 30, 2008
Yeah just hover your mouse over them :rimshot:

dud root
Mar 30, 2008

cams posted:

Can I outlevel quests to the point where they will no longer give XP? I'm about to hit level 10 and my story quests are level 6, should I go do those before I continue my journey of sidequests and question marks on the map?

Yes definitely. Story quests give shitloads of XP and I think once you are >5 or 6 levels you will only get 5XP max

dud root
Mar 30, 2008
Whats the deal with airline peanuts and also Galaxy downloading 1Gb of 1.07, after I manually downloaded & installed the 2Gig version from the website?

dud root
Mar 30, 2008
Spend points in alchemist/swordsman tree

dud root
Mar 30, 2008

Anti-Hero posted:

I did and it was unintended. One of the dialog prompts is somewhat misleading and leads to you fighting her. I didn't deliberately set out to do it, but apparently she doesn't like people calling her out on her poo poo. My Geralt was pissed that she used him but wasn't intending on killing her.

I fell into this trap too. Its been ages since I've played this scene, but the writing at the time felt like she was taking nazi medical experimentation notes "for the greater good", individual suffering be damned.

dud root
Mar 30, 2008

Kin posted:

Do the sidequests start to give you more exp in general the further you get into the game?

I've just done all the ones i can do at my level (4) and they just seem to be giving me 25 or 50exp so it's taking ages to level up. I'm coming across loads of stuff that's level 9/10 and after hitting all the notice boards in the second area the majority of my sidequests are all level 10+ too.

Have i kind of jumped the gun a little and should have stuck to the main story for a bit or something?

SIdequests are always about that much throughout the game; no guns have been jumped. Do a bit more of the main quest for sick gains

dud root
Mar 30, 2008
4Gb 1.08.1 patch on GOG. I just downloaded the 2.2Gb 1.08 yesterday for my new windows 10 install
:negative:

Whats the update size like in Galaxy?

dud root
Mar 30, 2008
Do I buy the discount expansion for $12 or just suck it up and get the expansion pass for $35.89 (AU prices lol). Is the 2nd expansion really going to cost more than the difference?

dud root
Mar 30, 2008

Omi no Kami posted:

I just picked this up, and is there anything that can be done to kill the momentum in the movement and camera controls? It feels really awful- I'm having a really severe problem just looking at or using anything on purpose.

Give the 'alternate movement' option a try. Its not enabled by default and makes the controls a bit less tanky

dud root
Mar 30, 2008
Are there any quality of life mods for a second play through?

eg Fast Travel from anywhere (I realise his could break stuff), and no stamina loss when not in combat

dud root
Mar 30, 2008
Can I apply the patch & also DLC (from manually downloaded GOG files) to a Galaxy install ?

downloaded the updates at work because :australia: bandwidth :downsgun:

dud root
Mar 30, 2008
Just nabbed a witcher stamp on ebay. "souvenir sheet" seems to be used instead of stamp for the description

dud root
Mar 30, 2008
Any mods to make ? locations more manageable? I'm playing through a second time, and just want an easy way to see undiscovered Places of power, and any locations with formulas

dud root
Mar 30, 2008
Shandi wasn't in Witcher 1, 2 or 3 :v:

Shani was in 1, and the Hearts of Stone expansion for 3

dud root
Mar 30, 2008
Isn't the White Frost only due in millennia anyways? Besides, how do you even stop it when its described as unstoppable heat death entropy

dud root
Mar 30, 2008
If you've been hoarding crafting supplies you probably have 5-10k in gold without realising. Try to avoid selling materials you need for equipment obviously, but things like the various wraith/specter/infused dusts sell for a lot and you probably have 20 of each different one by now.

Basically anything thats not dimertarium or draconoid leather you can sell 80% of your stock

dud root
Mar 30, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Also get the improved version that adds a freezing effect to Aard :hellyeah:

Once I got that I pretty much stopped using any other sign. Its Witcher 1's Igni

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dud root
Mar 30, 2008

Palpek posted:

HoS pro-tip #1 often repeated itt: when you get to the wedding the first thing you should do is lose to the halflings playing Gwent. You won't get anything for winning but the reward for losing adds a lot to the quest.

The reward for losing adds a lot to the rest of the game