Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Automatic finishers is already an option, but I've only just started playing W3 so I have no idea what real difference it makes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Oh man I'm way behind here but all of Geralt's expressions throughout the Dudu/play quest are absolute gold :allears:

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

Ciaphas posted:

I'm just about to go into some lovely little cave with a "witch" to find some elf wizard or another, myself

I've rather completely lost track of the plot up to now, not knowing who the hell these people are (from not playing the previous games)and having a bad memory for names is making it rough

There's been a couple of similair posts over the last couple of pages, and man, maybe you'd be better served playing something other than an rpg that is famed for it's story and characters?? It's like playing COD and complaining about all the guns :confused:

Pretty much this :

Pellisworth posted:

Don't skip dialogue options and enjoy the writing and world-building. This is not a game that really rewards powergaming or hands you phat lootz, the payoff is in the incredibly well-done characters and storytelling.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Haha fair enough then, as long as you're enjoying yourself :D

Geralt did lose his memory so just consider it roleplaying

e] Yea I was gonna get someone to link a synopsis of the previous 2 games then realised a huge name/story dump might not help you :haw:

Radical 90s Wizard fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Jun 1, 2016

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Are you really being robbed by an imp, or is that just an IMP-erfection in your note? :smug:

All the little expressions Geralt makes during dialogue are hilarious, like some guard is ranting about how horribly mutilated some corpse is, and Geralt's just kinda doing a little eyeroll to himself. Dude gives no fucks at all :allears:

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

sauer kraut posted:

Hey returning 960 buddy :unsmith:
I have no idea what happened to this game after ~1.08, but I'm glad I finished it back in the day.
That looks like a corrupted texture (verify the game files) or a savegame that is now properly hosed.

Yo I'm running a GTX960 with pretty much everything on medium or high and it's been going down smooooth, so uh, newest drivers etc etc?

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Are there any decent weather mods people would recommend? Specifically I'd like longer transitions between phases(not sure if thats the word I'm after), so storms won't just cut straight to blue sky and sunshine, etc.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
This kinda got lost at the bottom of the last page, but does anyone have any recommendations for weather mods? I'm mostly just after something that slows or extends the transitions between storms/clear sky and stuff.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Oh I just did a race and Roach's tail was gone, did they ever figure out what that bug was caused by or whatever?

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

Jack Trades posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure you can't switch between bombs mid-combat. That's why.
The idea is you have two bombs ready for throwing and the rest of them are in your inventory and you can't access them mid-combat. Having ALL of your bombs would be OP as gently caress.

You totally can go into the inventory and swap them though, unless that's disabled in higher difficulties.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Hahaha I just levelled up by getting blasted with Lambert & Eskel and prank calling some guy on Yen's megaphone Amazing. :allears:

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
We were never heeeeere, huhuhuhuh

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

Xander77 posted:

Vegetation phasing through the walls. Happens quite often.

Chased the one guy who ambushed a Nilf medicine cart. Once I took him down and we were done talking, his horse kicked Geralt in the face so hard he did a flip. Couldn’t even target it for some retribution. Hah.

Differently able Nilfs

“Here – your frying pan. Let me just reach into my rear end offscreen to get it.”

Witcher 2 had a good correlation between what an item was worth, and how good it was. If something was more expensive than something else, it was probably worth the tradeup. Is that still the case? Some cheaper items actually look better (Dorian steel sword and the Witcher steel sword in particular)

I’d give a lot for an upgrade that allowed you to loot as you ride.

Ahaha, mounting Roach as he stands on the edge of deep water you’re swimming in. Amazing animation.

Next to the Ransacked village, there’s are a bunch of drowners on the beach. If you jump down to fight them, and follow the beach line ahead, you’ll find that some genius designed the shore line so that you’re blocked off from climbing up it. You’ll have a fruitful expedition to the edge of the map, and then will be forced to backtrack back to the drowner spawn. Fuuuuuuuuun.

“Gotta jump down the well. Hope I don’t break my legs”. Jumping from where Geralt starts drops you on solid ground and kills you.

Do runes that improve sign intensity stack when they’re on different swords, or do they just apply to each sword individually?

Is there a way to sell all your junk / looted weapons at once?

Ok, I seriously have no idea what to do with the Abandoned Shrine next to the Noonwraith village. Killed a bunch of ghouls next to it, but the game won’t register that as clearing the danger around the shrine.

Yeeesh, dude, try not to have too much fun there...

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

Broose posted:

I always got the impression that he killed everyone, soldiers and peasants. Accidentally of course cause he is a good soldiermans.

Yea I assumed that was why they all lay down when he tried to help :allears:

Who makes Emhyr wet his panty?
Cavalry from Nimnar Valley!

Best song.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
So I stumbled upon Whamawham completely by chance last night, and was furiously dodging away from all his attacks wishing I didn't have to fight him. Was so stoked when he chilled out and I got to do more troll diplomacy. No swishaswunk needed :)

Also, holy poo poo Lambert, I was joking when I told Zoltan's friend that Witchers fish with bombs.

e] Oh and the next POI I came across after Whamawam was a troll bro who I helped to make some tasty nekker soup. Best boat trip ever.

Radical 90s Wizard fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Jun 29, 2016

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

Moose-Alini posted:

Frankly I don't get how so many people figured out how to not kill him. He agros instantly, and I only had him live because he kept killing me. I googled tips on beating him and ended up finding that you don't have to.

Yea, I completely fluked it by jumping around like an idiot. I was wishing I didn't have to fight him but I didn't seriously expect it to be an option, it was an amazing surprise. Just speaks to the quality of the game that things like that are included.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

Pellisworth posted:

Xander77 you seem to have an absurd amount of graphics/engine bugs for some reason, you might wanna contact CDPR support or reinstall your game at some point?

t all.

I think it's more that most people don't document them in the thread in excruciatingly spergy detail like this dude seems compelled to do :rolleyes:

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

Arcsquad12 posted:

Who exactly are Bert and Jerry?

I'm assuming Lambert and Geralt.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

Xander77 posted:

Decided to practice my counter-attacks on level 5 wolves. The counter-attack window is literally 0.01 of a second. If you hit when they lunge at you, you just block – there’s really the splittest second just before they hit you.

Word, it's hard as gently caress to counter-attack beasts and mosnters, it's pretty much for humans with weapons. It tells you that a bunch of times in tips and stuff. Also can you please give the running commentary on all bugs & grammar a rest? It's not like you're even having a discussion or anything, just a literal list of nitpicks.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

Some people are super sensitive.

Never stop posting, Xander. This thread has to sustain me till we release 2077.

SirSamVimes posted:

Are you really telling someone to stop giving his opinions on a game in the thread for discussing said game?

Nah I'm definitely not trying to pull some "no negative opinions" bullshit, my point was that just listing bugs and grammar errors isn't an opinion in the first place. After like 2 weeks of constant updates it's kinda wearing thin is all. Anyway, that's just like, my opinion maaan.

e] Gwent is the first minigame in any rpg that I've actually enjoyed and not immediately forgotten/ignored entirely. I really want to get my Monster deck going :/

Radical 90s Wizard fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Jul 3, 2016

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

Dr Snofeld posted:

You could enable enemy scaling from the main menu, although it's a little bit janky and doesn't always work all that well. For instance there's an area where you have to kill a swarm of level 2 rats, except if you've got level scaling on it becomes a swarm of e.g. level 19 rats and it's basically impossible until you go to the menu and turn the scaling off again.

The most glaring example I saw of this is the Djinn will be basically invincible and all it's attacks 1 shot you with level scaling enabled.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
I just met a cool new friend on Skellige, then we got in a bar fight with some punk kids and he got killed :( RIP Jorund, you died like a fool top bloke

Aaaaaaand I just met the infamous Cat School Witcher. I was pretty sure I was gonna kill him, but in the end I let him go. Could easily have gone the other way, but I kinda felt like (my friend)Geralt wouldn't kill another Witcher unless he reaaaaally didn't have another choice. I mean there's not that many left, right? Like objectively he deserved it for what he did, but after talking to him it just seemed way too cold-blooded to just execute the guy. I felt like a Witcher would get a leniency that probably no-one else would. Anyway Geralt can't be all "righteous fury" JUDGE GERALT all the time. So, Witcher got a one-time bro pass, and I get left wondering if I made the wrong choice, which to me is half the fun of this game anyway.

Oh and I gave the kid and her aunt some coin to show her #NOTALLWITCHERS :smith:

Not sure about it but it's definitely been stuck in my mind the last couple of days, which is seriously impressive for ~~videogames~~

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
gently caress I'm sorry I brought it back up, I didn't realise it was such a sore spot for people. I wasn't trying to say "This is the one true choice!" or that it was totally correct and justified, just that that was what I did, and some of the thoughts that went into that decision. You guys, jesus....

And yet no-one remembers the 3 innocent trolls Geralt slaughtered just to sate his hunger for gear upgrades :colbert:

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

Lurdiak posted:

I liked Gaetan because it made you think about the morality of the situation on several levels. The basic level of what's right or wrong, the context of the setting and what being a witcher means, and the context of your own actions within gameplay. It isn't as simple as "good choice, evil choice". The correct answer depends on your own perspective as a player. It's one of my favorite quests in the game for that reason.

adhuin posted:

If you think murder in cold blood is OK, then it is simple choice.

He isn't active threat to anyone and my Geralt isn't walking Judge, Jury and Executioner.

Kill only if it's absolutely necessary, never because you want or hate.

Yea this is how I looked at it. Sometimes the harder choice is not to kill. poo poo maybe he'd just had enough of blood and slaughter that day :smith:

Tulip posted:

I have done everything in my power in every game to not kill trolls.

Yea same, the 3 I was referring too are apparently some kind of easter egg and I couldnt figure out how else to get the gear. Sorry troll bros.

Nice passive-aggressive thread title btw :rolleyes:

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

sean10mm posted:

There is a mod that combines the not fat griffin armor mod with new textures that look less like green pea barf that I'm very happy with. Nice and utilitarian.

Got a link to this?

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
God drat, I go to the ends of the earth for this master armourer, and she makes me a set of loving Witch Hunter armour? What kind of rude poo poo is that?? She's lucky I didn't slaughter all of Crow's Perch on the spot. :colbert:

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
I never gave a poo poo about any mini-game, card or otherwise, but Gwent is legit really fun yo.

e] It also cracks me up that there's some game that everyone is crazy about but kinda keep it on the dl until you bring it up.

Radical 90s Wizard fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Jul 10, 2017

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
:pervert: Hey Shani, I wanted to ask; you ever...... ...Play a game called Gwent? :grin:

Also, holy poo poo, nothing in this game has been anywhere near as creepy and unnerving as (minor HOS spoilers) Gaunter O'Dimm casually pushing a wooden spoon through that guy's eyeball :stare:

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Yea it is after the wedding, but it's so much more overt and uh, whimsical :stonklol:

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
I was totally excited to wash up in a foreign land, the lanscape even looked all lush and tropical and new, and then I looked at the map and was like, "Oh, I can see my house from here" :downs:

e] What were the children singing? I think I completely missed that.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Holy poo poo y'all Touissant is so loving gorgeous :allears:

Boy did I feel stupid showing up in my full New Moon outfi tho, gotta find some gaudy poo poo asap. Also that "loose but not too long" haircut and a sweet soul patch/stach combo. #fashionsouls #toussaintsnexttopwitcher

e] Only downside is that Geral can't wear a helmet, I want one of those ones with peacock feather plumes and poo poo

Radical 90s Wizard fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Jul 16, 2017

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
The unrelenting misery of Velen, especially if you end the game with Redania and the Witch Hunters purging the countryside at least makes Toussaint that much better. Although I wasn't thrilled to run into Archespores again :argh:

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Yea I found that, I just had bad memories of getting ruined by them way back in the day playing Witcher 1.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
The true romance is the Cat Witcher :ssh:

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
What lighting and/or weather mods do you guys prefer? Just starting a new game with STLM which looks great, I just added Realistic Weather, but tbh I'm not actually sure how stlm plays with weather mods

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

chaosapiant posted:

None, the game still looks gorgeous by default.

Ok Cool!

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

appropriatemetaphor posted:

That wind reduction one is pretty good though, makes it more of an event when it's *actually* windy.

I actually ended up using STLM and Atmospheric Nights to cover the lighting and it looks amazing. The windiness is annoying but I can deal with it. I was just being snarky at Chaosapient.

Radical 90s Wizard fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Jan 22, 2022

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Gwent was the first rpg minigame I ever played that was actually good and it was such a surprise

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
"Mum told me if I was good she'd send me on the trail of treats" :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
What about the proud tradition of Redanian marching songs, esprit de corps and Boats Guard Boats! still going strong just west of Oxenfurt :colbert: