Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
Re: Triss and Yennefer.

I'm one of those players people keep referring to. I played the first witcher when it first came out, liked nothing about it and haven't touched it since. This one intrigued me and I'm glad to have bought it.

I know a bit about everything just from podcasts, friends and generally absorbing things but I haven't experienced any of it firsthand. I'm in the middle of Triss' quests in Novingrad currently and yes absolutely I would chose her 10 of 10 times over Yen.

The first time I saw her was a dream where Geralt and Yen are obviously a couple but aside from each other's familiarity with each other being naked, what I've heard from friends and the not so subtle conversations they have about it, there isn't really any evidence of their relationship - they don't really even seem to like each other. Reminds me more of an old married couple. Then you finally catch up with her and find out she's working for the medieval nazis or whatever they're supposed to be though probably the most annoying part was when you talk about each other. Geralt apologizes for Triss because he had amnesia and her response is "so is that your excuse?" Maybe I'm just missing the dry British humor in that one but she also seemed just genuinely pissed. Which I can understand to a degree, but holding me responsible for not being faithful when I literally didn't even know you existed is a little much.

Perhaps it will all get better after Skellige but if I manage to get far enough to lock in my choice as to Yen or Triss, I know I'll be choosing Triss this time around. It's not that the story and scenes between the two are particularly spectacular. They're really just a bunch of small moments, but they all have a real feel to them. And it seems like Triss actually feels something for old Geralt. Can't say the same about Yen, currently.

Mostly just writing this so people can actually view that perspective from a first hand account.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Manatee Cannon posted:

It's a very human reaction and she drops it and never brings it up again after that

it's good writing

"That is well developed prose. I like you." I get that it's reasonable on her part to some degree. I'm not arguing that it's an improper reaction but when this and the dream of Kaer Mohen where she's equally endearing are all you get, the game is mostly force feeding you "YOU LOVE YEN" rather than letting you see it. They should have added a bit more to the beginning of Yen to let you see it. Especially when your romantic entanglement with Triss occurs when you're not quite 1/3 through the game. Triss is a way more attractive option (not in the physical sense) when it comes time to ask her to stay with you. Though the conversation feels like it's the game going "are you suuuuuuuuuure that's what you want? No, seriously, are you really sure?" I really feel odd now talking about the romantic story lines with my Skyrim-with-better-combat game. But I do find myself enjoying all of the story. The criticisms are all absolutely correct, though. The game basically railroads you at Yen for love of your life candidate.

Ugato fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Jun 8, 2015

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

etalian posted:

help can't decide which video game love interest gets the D

No it's fine the game decides for you

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

ZombieLenin posted:

True, but this isn't Dragon Age, so I wasn't going in with a predisposition to feel off about blood magic. Plus, the only blood involved was his.

I didn't feel like poo poo was going wrong until Geralt forces the horse to actually drink the blood. Blood being involved isn't inherently evil, especially as it's only his blood, as noted. But yeah the game very hamfistedly leaves little doubt that - Druid or not - he's pretty drat evil. He does free the kids and the witches are definitely Snidely Whiplash evil. But the drinking blood, glowing red eyes and just generally spooky sounds the horse makes - on top of Geralt literally calling it evil - kinda seals it for me.

I just wished he had tried to take revenge on the witches directly.
But I suppose that would defeat the purpose of showing the player that ultimately their choices are pretty futile because the world sucks and everyone is terrible. (I didn't spoil this because the game likes to beat you over the head with it).

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Emron posted:

Respeccing sounds good to me at this point--are there a limited number of potions to do so available in the game?

Don't know whether they're limited or not but there's one that's "missable", one in Novigrad and two guys with 5 each in Skellige. 1000g each.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
I hate water in this game. Swimming is obnoxious, but I found an entirely new hatred - waist/chest deep water. You know. The water that won't let you swim, only walk slowly though. Well, it finally drove me crazy as I was clearing off question marks from my map. I'm 31 wandering around level 10 and under mobs. It's just a formality mostly. Well, suddenly Geralt shoots 3 feet down into the ankle deep water I've been running around in. Oh, sweet, there's a little trench in the middle of this swamp. Well that's annoying. Except there's also literally no way to get out of it. And because the way fast travel and everything else works - I can't interact, I can't do anything. Geralt, badass witcher, slowly starves to death in 4 feet of water because he can't climb out. Had to reload my freaking game just to get out of it. :psyduck:

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Can't whistle or use things while that deep in water. Also can't jump manually. I managed to agro the closest thing and tried rolling every way possible. No help.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Palpek posted:

The crossbow has been specifically put into the game against underwater and flying creatures. It makes absolutely no sense to use it during regular fights but in those 2 instances it's crazy effective.
It's also quite good as a ranged combo breaker/stun. Because for some reason despite the thing doing gently caress all for damage (outside of the water) EVERYTHING gets knocked back on their heels by it. It's good for interrupting chase-down moves, and in some cases makes for a better follow up attack than a side dodge. It's kind of neat to play with once you realize you should never aim the loving thing manually ever.

Moridin920 posted:

Nilfgaard are like the nazis because they hang a bunch of people for reasons you aren't aware of but Redania is okay as a whole once you get past the literal genocidal maniacs?

idk man one group is burning books in the streets and one is not. Sounds to me like Nilfgaard is cleaning up some of the bandit rabble in the area.

Doesn't Nilfgaard have slaves though? That's kinda lovely.
Come on. If the nazi comparison is coming out I'm pretty sure the :godwin: award goes to the people burning folks alive for being different. The metaphor only gets more apt as the game progresses.

Scandalous posted:

I'm posting this again before I go to bed because it took me an embarrassingly long time to draw and gently caress me if no one's going to see it

It took me an embarrassingly long time to figure out that was a doublet. I had a good laugh after that.

Oh, and closing with a familiar complaint but it's just so baffling to me. I completed the master weapon smith quest at 15. It's a level 24 quest which at one point has you fighting 6 level 26's. Pain in my rear end. So, the :psyduck: part is this: I had just leveled up to where I could craft a new rare sword that I had had the plans for since like level 5. The sword reward I got from this quest 9 levels up was a strict downgrade. Come on, game. :smith: I turned around and sold it immediately. I just imagine Geralt looking at it: "Thanks, but, uh... Could I just have some money instead?"

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Good Lord Fisher! posted:

From a couple pages back, but this is my favourite, especially on account of the girl he tries to help up being the one who started the loving fight by smashing the innkeeper's head against the bar repeatedly.

That and the innkeeper, her nose and face bloody from repeatedly being smashed against the table - as she was reaching for a knife - is the one that recoils in horror after I stop the lady from killing her and defend myself by killing people who want to kill me. Then continues to call me murder in Novigrad. gently caress you lady. Next time I let you get your skull caved in slowly.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
So it's 2 days shy of a month, but I guess I'll still spoiler it even though it's minor:

Radovid quest: the final part of the Kill Radovid plot is a level 30 quest and drat near impossible to miss. I worried about it myself until I finally ran across it.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Damo posted:

Spoilers end of Kiera's Sidequests -- So I told Kiera to go to Kaer Mohren, but I didn't let her keep the notes cause I didn't trust her rear end. So I guess now I've doomed everyone to die of the plague because she won't be able to cure it? I had no idea she would work on the cure, I figured letting her keep the notes was too risky since she could disobey me and go to Radovid instead.
(e:fb)
Since you already read that she creates a cure, I guess it's not really a spoiler (for you) - someone mentioned earlier in the thread that she develops a cure with or without the notes.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

JetsGuy posted:

Wait, there's a bonus for doing it early? I ran into that tree, didn't know what the gently caress so I googled it, learned a little about the quest and decided to come back when the actual quest line led me to it.

There isn't one really. It's just that the orphans getting eaten/whatever isn't explicitly stated if you do the tree first. Someone mentioned earlier that the kids are gone and normally where there would be a record of them being found, there is no such record. There are basically two choices to that quest and, as I understand it, if you do the tree spirit first the outcome re: the baron is as if you had killed the "druid", regardless of what you actually do to him.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Lord Lambeth posted:

Yennifer has dog puns. :colbert:

Solice Kirsk posted:

She's one step above Radovid...literally the Witcher Hitler.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

pik_d posted:

The right choice isn't always the easy, or obvious, choice. :colbert:

Right it's really hard to chose Triss with the game and everyone else shoving Yen down your throat.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Harrow posted:

It's kind of a shame to learn that Nilfgaard won the war because I couldn't bring myself to betray Roche and Ves, but y'know, I'll settle for a semi-free Temeria and knowing I didn't leave a couple of remarkably loyal friends to get murdered by a suddenly completely idiotic Dijkstra.

Yeah, this was the most baffling part for me toward the end game. Just seemed so bizarre to make Djikstra turn on them INSTANTLY. You'd think he would at least try to get them to go along with it. But no, apparently in the end he's Ocelot. "I tricked you! This was a part of my plan all along! Now to finish you!"

I would apologize for the misunderstanding, but I'm not sure which half to apologize to. The one with more of his head I guess?

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

GrossMurpel posted:

The problem with monsters is that card advantage is everything in Gwent and you can't change that without making all the factions pretty much the same, as you said for the Scoia'tael.

Well, monsters do have "card advantage" in that they get tons of free cards out of their decks. They just get no interactive cards as part of their card advantage, ever. They also have very little synergy - like the reusable card advantage of decoying a medic three times in one turn. And the fact that you delay your turn by decoying and redeploying your medic means you get the final say in weather effects too. Your opponent will most likely run out if cards before you're finished playing all of yours. That's why I actually really like the starter NK leader. On demand fog is pretty nice to set up a winning board. Plus, you only ever need one fog in your deck and if you have it in your opener it's an instant redraw.

The fact that you don't re-shuffle and get a new hand each round is kind of the culprit. In most cases, a spy has basically no downside. You are probably going to forfeit the first round anyway, so the fact that your spies give your opponent more power is irrelevant. Technically speaking spies SHOULD be basically 0 card advantage. You're using a card (-1) to draw 2 cards (+2) and giving your opponent a dude on the board (-1). You're gambling that the two cards you draw are better than the freebie that you just gave your opponent. Strictly speaking you could argue that both the -1's are the same effect, so it's still +1, but I'd argue that the guy you give your opponent is worth at least half a card.

But when your plan for the first round is to make your opponent spend a couple cards on the first round while you just sandbag, and the AI never reacts properly to this, the spies suddenly go from what they probably should have been to what they are in reality - a way to make your opponent waste turns spending cards he could hold until the later rounds while you load up your hand to utterly destroy him the next two. And if they don't spend turns? Hell I've had the AI pass the first round in me after they saw me just slapping down spies, thinking to hold cards because hey isn't that the smart thing to do? Well, then I got to use a weather effect and 1 card to win the round and STILL have +2 cards on them.

The downside to monster's card advantage is that it's utterly predictable and can be played around. There is no avoiding that downside. Monster's average card power isn't that high and the synergies are also very low. That's why it gets the "vomit cards" ability on everything. It's the only way for mediocre cards to keep up. Your good cards in an NK or Nilf deck are going to have higher average power and/or some sort of synergy with the rest of the cards in your deck.

The same hand for the entire game poo poo really annoys me because it fucks with the game mechanics hard. I can see what they were going for, but it's completely busted by that one design choice.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

EcoBlue posted:

I've found myself unable to travel to the continent now. I did the an Craite quests and Yen's and now when I try to leave the island I crash to desktop during loading. I previously got around this when it happened after Following the Thread by completing a random side quest and then fast travelling to Novigrad, but this time it's not working. I've done several quests in Skellige.

Am I stuck until the next patch playing cards with islanders?

Does it crash before dandelion starts talking? May be a corrupt video file or something.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Melted_Igloo posted:

I think the main problem with the ai is just their priority, not enough medics/decoys/spies in their starting hand.

Even with absolutely nut hands they can still be easily outplayed because they don't react well to the strategy of planning to lose. Closest I ever got to losing was a Nilf deck that had 3 spies, 2 medics, scorch, scorch dragon, decoys, etc. - just a loving loaded hand while I still had at most 2 spies and 1 medic. We went back and forth. He played like 6 spies on me in total the first round before I passed. That was my only saving grace really. I was able to win round 1 off the back of the spies, medic'd them back to regain the upper hand in cards for game 3, which I won cleanly.

And the planning to lose strategy only exists because you retain the same hand of cards from round to round. Otherwise it would make 0 sense to give up a round.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Smudgie Buggler posted:

Conversely, how anybody can take the line that Yennefer is just an independent and assertive woman that nerdlings can't stand the idea of is beyond me. She's a gigantic rear end in a top hat. That's 100% clear and very much not virginal gamers reading a strong woman as threatening. She is grade-A fuckhead from tip to toe and completely by design.

:allears: (not even a shred of sarcasm)

ZearothK posted:

Slightly? It is a medic card, it is a hell of a lot more useful! Triss is the weakest hero card in the game.

Haven't gotten Triss' yet but I'm inclined to believe you. Basically it would probably have to have built in scorch to be the same level. Even at 10+ power, it's not as good as a 7 power medic.

cams posted:

you should all be ashamed of yourself for the last however many pages this has been going on

Nah waifu wars were the ultimate endpoint of this thread anyway. It just means the posting will probably die out fairly soon.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Crappy Jack posted:

Even as he's talking about it, I'm standing there desperately mashing the "NO DON'T GIVE IT TO ME SERIOUSLY I JUST MADE A SWORD PLEASE KEEP IT"

Now I am imagining Geralt getting swords like a kid gets sweaters at Christmas.

"Oh. Hey. Another sword. ... No I love it! It's great. I'll use it right now, see?" *slash* *slash*

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Metanaut posted:

I fast travelled to Skellige and was greeted with :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qzPsJ2SPvM

They were instantly hostile, but I couldn't attack them.

I talked to Djikstra when looking for allies. I got the key for him, but not the location of his stuff. He just turned me down. Can I not get involved in killing the king?

Kinda wish this was in the OP or something, but the kill Radoivd quest is level 30 or so. It's pretty difficult to get locked out of it. Basically you have to be an rear end in a top hat to Djikstra to lose the quest altogether. I mention the level because this game has a lot of "Is this the end of the game?!"

(Also your video is private)

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
I must say, after romancing Triss on my second playthrough (gently caress you writers; I'll do what I want:argh:!) somehow no one spoiled the joke with the people on the boat. I laughed all the more because it was unexpected.

(Ending spoilers I suppose)I also like that she just straight up tells you exactly what her end credits scene is. Sans cake smell.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
You don't have to meditate. Just leave the chat window and speak to them again. Their stock will be refilled.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

JetsGuy posted:

http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/The_Witcher_3:_Wild_Hunt_-_Guide_to_Secondary_Quests
I don't know if it's complete, but this I found somewhat helpful early on. What I found is that nowadays if you just travel around to all the ?s you generally find most of the stuff. That goes for things like random !s and also small sidequests (like hidden treasures).

Bigger sidequests and contracts, get those by continuously checking to see if noticeboards have gone yellow. Pull everything off all noticeboards when yellow, btw.

Only the large sized postings are quests/contracts. The smaller ones are just flavor. If you see a board is yellow but has no large postings, it's just showing that you don't have all the POIs available from that board marked on your map. Once you check the board and exit out it will go white. If you leave a contract on the board, the board remains yellow on your map.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

OAquinas posted:

Just restarted GOG Galaxy, no change. You'd think the patch would be out first on their own servers, but :pgi:

Is the patch release even controlled by cdpr on those platforms? I'm guessing hey can request a date or something. But do they actually "push the button" for the release? I figured that was ultimately controlled by Sony / Microsoft.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

CVagts posted:

I'm downloading the patch off of GOG.com but it doesn't seem to be on GOG Galaxy proper yet.

They're doing something to what they have hosted right now. I just tried to download it several times. First, I got an enormous list of games in plain text (when clicking on either link). Now I just download a file named "a" with no extension.

I have galaxy open in the other window and I'm guessing that each time it automatically tries to automatically reconnect/download something is when they've tweaked something on the site end.

e: nah it's probably on an interval. It's too rhythmic and too often for that I guess. Still can't download a patch from the GOG site though :(

Ugato fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Jul 18, 2015

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Malek Deneith posted:

That's... nice that you feel that way. Great for you. But at least at the early, early stage of the game I'm in the numbers do make a difference (for example the upgrade from starting silver sword to viper one? Quite noticable improvement for me), and if I'm to pick between armors I'd like to have some basis to do so on.

Basically, as has been said - green good, red bad, but I suppose it's worth saying more in case more people find themselves falling into this trap. The differences in stats for defensive things are statistically insignificant in that any fight which you are actually threatened with death, the marginal boost provided by min-maxing defensive stats would not actually allow you to survive for an additional hit in most cases. And, frankly, the biggest boost to your survivability is learning monster attack patterns and avoiding getting hit ever. Then, once you get to the mid-teens/low twenties you're far enough in a tree that you can make combat a joke with one of your tree abilities.

e: and once you get this high you'll wear crafted witcher gear for the rest of the game. So then you can REALLY ignore numbers.

NESguerilla posted:

Cool. I was thinking that might be the best course of action.

After the first time you kill him, you need to find where he was chained up and he'll appear behind you and tell you the story related to the gory scene you see before you.

If you've already done that, then yeah just fast travel around, meditate once or twice. That usually seems to reset flags and npc placements pretty reliably.

Ugato fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Jul 20, 2015

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Polo-Rican posted:

I didn't try it for the first 3/4 of the game, but, uh, Gwent is actually pretty good. Geralt is also a much more fascinating character when he challenges every person he meets to a game of gwent.

Yeah, I think the best one was running across the guy whose son just died and challenging him to cards.

Also the fact that I have 40,000 crowns but can only ever bet 10. Let's gamble but let's not go crazy here!

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

GrossMurpel posted:

People are burning mages because Yen has her own mind and knows what she wants?

:rolleyes: She consistently bosses everyone around, and, when anyone wants to know her plan because everything she's saying is making the hair on their neck stand up, she tells them to shut up and do what she says. I don't find anything about that to be likable, in a romantic sense or in a general sense. And that's basically every encounter you have in the game with her. So I can only assume that's her personality.

Except when she schizophrenically decides to be the girl that the game ham-fistedly tells Geralt he loves over and over. That's when you know the sex scene is coming. Which somehow makes the already awkward video game sex scene even more so.

So basically she's a powerful sorceress who intimates she will do horrible things to you if you don't listen to her who only changes her tune when she wants to get laid. That's the character that the game has presented to me, regardless of how she's supposed to be in the books.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
You don't have to stand still while alt-casting Igni. You just move around at walk speed.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
I must have their livers. It's not my fault they don't want to share.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
Just to add - the only thing doing Gwent gives you is a few random snippets of dialogue, and a tournament with a non-Gwent based quest attached (as far as content goes). As far as rewards it's almost exclusively Gwent cards. There's also a large chunk of money you can get from the tournament - it's level 26 and by that point money is most likely an irrelevant resource. Also, you can get a hunk of money for some cards you help Zoltan collect instead of keeping the cards if you don't give a poo poo about Gwent. So I think all you miss out on in total by not playing Gwent is more cards you don't want.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
I never made the connection either until the cutscene, but that cutscene usually happens right after you pick him up, right? You're in Velen traveling to Kaer Mohren immediately after.

Uma is probably my favorite example of detail though. The "conversation" you can have with him is great. And even though I knew the joke option, the delivery and tone was so perfect I had to hear the whole thing again. It's an excellent game and spots like that really hit home that a lot of care went into everything.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

necrobobsledder posted:

I thought Uma got his name because he goes around saying "umamamama."

They say that clearly when you first see him during the baron quests. That's the only thing I didn't like about it becoming/being an acronym. Couldn't roll my eyes hard enough at Dandelion saying "...Uma, the Ugliest Man Alive..."

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
As I understand it the cards not carrying over is to prevent quests from being broken, so it's not a question of balance anyway. You would have to lose every card that was a quest reward. Which, frankly I could live with. I'd rather not go collecting and buying all those cards again. The quest ones were the easiest part once you got a few decent cards in there. I just hated compulsively talking to every merchant to see if they played Gwent and if I had done so before. And finding every bartender so I could buy all their cards.

The nice thing is that there are more Gwent-playing merchants than random cards and if cash carries over I'll be able to buy anything I want at all times. So I may try collecting all the cards again just to see how easy or hard it is not knowing where the cards are found or sold.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Snak posted:

Speaking of which, I cannot beat Sasha in the high stakes tournament. It's impossible. I guess I need to back all the way out of the tournament and find some more cards. Are there more places to buy gwent cards? I haven't seen a vendor with gwent cards for over 100 hours. I only have 2 medics and 3 spies, and just can't compete anymore.

edit: Yes I'm not agreeing with the crazy sexist bullshit arguments that they are making. holy poo poo. I just meant they are backing the right horse.

edit2: also, do NPCs cheat with their deck composition? I feel like they always have impossibly tiny decks considering you have to have 22 creatures. I think I made a deck with no special cards once, and my opponent still had a smaller deck than me. Am I remembering wrong?

She is definitely beatable but she has absolutely crazy draws. If you don't have 4 spies I don't know how you'd keep up. Also, heroes help a lot because she can't interact with them. And it allows you to scorch for value without having to worry about your own guys.

You have to play smart against her. Check https://www.gwentcards.com for locations of things. If you're using a northern deck, make sure you get a mysterious elf hero in there too, which should bring her you up to 4 spies and 2 medics. I usually run 1 cold weather (for scorch dragon combo blowouts), 1 scorch, 3 decoys and 1 horn.

Usually I'll run all the 10+ heroes, yennefer, 4 spies and the medic. The first couple rounds need to be about delaying as much as possible. You can get more work out of bouncing the same catapult 3 times then replaying 3 spies if it makes the opponent let you ply more optimally. Timing is everything at the heart of Gwent and it's why you'll see the AI fire off a clear weather when there's nothing to clear off. They're doing it to buy themselves one more turn before having to react to what's on your board.

Basically if you sandbag with either hero cards or decoy bounces the AI is going to pass (letting you blow them out in he most efficient way possible) or will overextend, letting you destroy them the next round because you're far enough ahead on cards.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Palpek posted:

I have nothing against traveling back to Velen. I was more referring to the fact that the quest is super easy to miss because it's at sea, on a random small island that you may never swim by unless you're clearing the question marks and not using harbor markers like I was at the moment.

Why is that bad though? You're rewarded for exploring with a quest. It's not like the wow days where you had to compulsively hunt down quests to avoid having to grind because the leveling design made getting to max level difficult. You could probably clown this entire game on death march doing nothing more than main story missions (and required/relevant sub quests).

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
They are all the same stash. Like Diablo.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

JetsGuy posted:

If you free the tree spirit, (spoilers for act 2) do you still get to kill the Crones at bald mt? Or does the tree spirit kill them?

You always get them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Can I install the free DLC without using GOG Galaxy? Changing everything to the D:/ Drive really makes it unusable to the point where it cannot do basic things like patch the game. If I launch the game without GOG Galaxy it gives me 1.07 and through GOG Galaxy it is 1.06, it's an absolute mess.

Never had this problem (d: is where all my games go) so I'm kind of curious - do you have the Galaxy client on c:? Because that's also on the d: drive for me. Maybe that would help.

But they said to install the Skellige's Most Wanted DLC manually if it's bugged for you in 1.7 so it would have to be available from the website.