Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I just want a yes or no answer to this, no spoilers beyond that. Regarding the end of the Baron's quest:

I killed the tree and saved Anna, and the Baron took her off to find some healer dude. Am I ever going to see the Baron, Anna, or Tamara again, or is it just left as it is?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Reposting this question again because I didn't get an answer. Regarding the end of the Baron's questline:

If I got the path where he saves his wife and takes her off to a healer, will I ever see him, Anna and/or Tamara again? Or is that the end of them in this game?

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I downloaded the two new DLCs on GOG Galaxy but they're not showing up under Available Content. I'm not to Skellige yet; do I have to get there before they'll show up?

edit: whoops nvm, never actually installed them.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Does anyone have a map to show where the Novigrad slums are (where you can buy the +100 saddlebags)? I can't remember where they are. :(

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I think I waited too late to start playing gwent, because I can't beat anyone. Level 17 and just finished the Novigrad main questline. Everyone I play at gwent just seems to have cards way better than anything I can throw at them, and I always lose.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Pretty sure I got hit with the EXP bug too. Time to hold off on quests and just explore a bunch I guess. :(

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I MIGHT have fixed the EXP bug for myself. Took out a loan at Vivaldi's bank, then immediately paid it back (got 13 EXP for it). Then I did a leg of Gwent: Playing Innkeeps and got EXP for beating the guy. So maybe that fixes it?

Although it costs 30 crowns each time you do it. Better than nothing.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

Greenplastic posted:

Please update when you've done a contract or main quest, I'd love if someone found a weird fix for this.

I can go ahead and try one, but I just finished the gwent in Velen quest by beating Haddy, and still got EXP. I'll go try a contract now.

Honestly, I'm not sure that I ever had the EXP bug but hopefully this works for everyone else too.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

Scandalous posted:

I read on the CD Projekt forums that it may relate to when you picked the quest up. Quests that were already in your log prior to 1.04 will still award XP, but quests you pick up afterwards may not. I can't vouch for the accuracy of this myself, I forget when I picked up many of the quests I've completed since the patch was introduced and didn't take specific note of the XP rewards, besides the fact I was rarely receiving any.

That might be it. These are mostly all old quests that I've been doing.

I just did a contract quest and got EXP, but I'm pretty sure I've had this quest since before 1.04.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Dang, so I guess my possible EXP bug fix didn't actually work?

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
If I tell Triss to stay in Novigrad, can I still back out of her romance later to go with Yen if I decide to?

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Yep, I think I'm hit with the EXP bug too. Got no EXP for completing the weapon fetch quest for the guard at Kaer Trolde, a quest I had gotten after upping to 1.04. Thankfully I'm pretty sure I have enough to do to wait for the patch.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Is there a list somewhere of how much EXP each quest gives you for completion? I'm tempted to just start questing and just add the EXP back myself if they don't retro-reward it after fixing it.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Is there any reason to still be hanging on to the Viper sword or the old level 1 warrior's tunic at level 22? I need to prune inventory space.

Also who buys crossbow bolts?

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

theblackw0lf posted:

I vote Rock Trolls as funniest character(s) of the year

If there was a village of Rock Trolls I'm not sure I would ever leave it.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I wasn't aware there were any good mods for this game yet. Mostly just graphical tweaks and such.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

Crappy Jack posted:

Keira Metz sells them, I know. I also know that a shopkeeper in Novigrad also stocks them, although for the life of me I unfortunately can't remember who, I just remember pulling up their stock and seeing one in there.

I think it's the shopkeeper near the northern notice board. He mentions something about selling mages' stuff.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
So I just did Kings Gambit and a quest that I completed (The Cave of Dreams) was moved to the Failed section. I have no idea how or why. I know that Blueboy Lugos died, but I already beat the quest. Why is it Failed now?

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

This happened for me too, just a bug I guess, enjoy having your OCD rankled

Nah, I already had a couple quests failed because I did dumb things. Just an odd occurrence.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
So I'm doing the fisticuffs quest in Novigrad at level 23, and Georgius Georg is still like three-shotting me. I don't think that's supposed to happen.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

He's harder than the other ones in that set for whatever reason.

It's weird because the combat log says he does like 700 damage or so, and I have about 5k vitality, and I'm dead in 3-4 punches.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Just finished Ugly Baby/Va Fail Elaine. This game literally transitioned from drunk witcher shenanigans to torturing Uma with the Trial of the Witchers. And I love it.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Dang I don't see the patch on GOG Galaxy.

edit: wait nevermind there it is.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Is there a list of quests that are inaccessible after the Isle of Mists quest? Just want to make sure I don't miss anything.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I don't know what it says about me, but I didn't notice the all-whiteness until it was pointed out in this thread.

Follow up on the "what quests can I not do after Isle of Mists" question: will these quests auto-fail as soon as I venture in? I think I've done everything that might not be doable after the endgame, but I want to make sure.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

isk posted:

Isle of Mists isn't quite the endgame. Most side quests and contracts (all?) will be available afterwards, and a few even open up after.

Good to know. The only sidequests I have in my log are contracts and a few secondaries (collect all gwent cards which I'm not sure I'll do, investigate some tower, stuff like that).

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
As I was told, the only old gear you should hang on to are the feline/ursine/griffin equipment.

Also, HOLY poo poo the battle at Kaer Morhen was great. If the game has any moments better than that and the Isle of Mists ending, I don't know how I'll take it.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I beat the game. Fantastic game. I will probably start over anew soon, even though I liked the choices I got.

Ciri becomes a witcher
Romanced Triss
Sided with Temeria in Reason of State (seriously, wtf Djikstra)
Killed the tree spirit; baron takes his wife away
Cerys rules Skellige

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

Mischitary posted:

Beat it. Absolutely loved it. Despite some people saying that the game gets worse after the Battle of Kaer Morhen I couldn't agree less. I really liked how they gave you some time with Ciri after you rescued her. I didn't expect that and thought that basically finding Ciri would be the end of the game, so I was very pleasantly surprised when there was so much of the game left after that point.

It's also strange that the saddest part for me in the entire game was at the end when I went to talk to Emhyr and told him that Ciri was "dead" and that she wanted to try to repair the relationship between the two of them. The entire game up until that point I thought that the reason he wanted to find her was because of the Elder Blood and that he was gonna do some messed up poo poo but it really seemed like he wanted to find his daughter and looked distraught that she was dead and he would never get to know her.

Also the whole political aspect with everyone talking poo poo about Nilfgaard...I really didn't see what was so bad about just having Nilfgaard rule the whole place. To me what it seemed like since the very beginning of the game was that the world of the Witcher was one that would benefit the most from a united land under a benevolent emperor. My view the whole time was something to the effect of "just give up and let Nilfgaard rule the whole place", which made me glad that that was basically what ended up happening.

My guess is that they say that because the battle for Kaer Morhen is so loving amazing and the rest of the game is merely great.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I picked Triss and I definitely felt like the game was slapping me in the face for doing so throughout Skellige and the rest of the game, but after reading up both endings, I'm okay with my choice.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Started a second playthrough. I'm going to need one of those gwent card checklists so that I make sure to play absolutely everyone and get absolutely every card in the game.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Ending talk:

Was it just me, or did the story kinda peter out once we had to fetch Ancient Elven Plot Item in order to trigger the endgame? The final bosses were fine enough, but I know a lot of people didn't like the abrupt "oh Avallach's the REAL bad guy...wait no he's not it's the White Frost, and only Ciri can stop it etc etc" deal. I was fine with it because there was enough mention of the White Frost that it didn't just come out of nowhere. Still kinda fizzed out a bit after Kaer Morhen and Bald Mountain. Still a fantastic game though.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Something happened and now I can't change Signs. I try to change from Igni to anything else, and I still have Igni equipped.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

Perestroika posted:

Mount your horse, which should automatically change it to Axii. Use Axii once, then dismount again, and it should be fixed.

Yep, that worked. Thanks!

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Really dumb question: if the game lets me dismantle something (like texts for contracts, old quest items like the xenovox, etc), it should be safe to dismantle, right? I won't accidentally dismantle a quest item that I need later?

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
If a vendor has one of something you need (like a certain ore or ingot), you can buy him out of them, back out, then ask to look at his wares again and they should be restocked.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

Razakai posted:

Which would you guys rather fight - 6 ghoul sized Roaches or one Roach sized ghoul??

Follow-up question: would you rather fight a Roach-sized Roche or a Roche-sized Roach?

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I really like how (ending-related) in order for Nilfgaard to not be doomed, you have to do all of Emhyr's work for him. Radovid will beat him without your help, and Djikstra will too. But if you get rid of all his opponents and set the table for him, he'll manage to not cock it up.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

Scandalous posted:

Geralt's nightmare in the Cave of Dreams: a portal to the Elemental Plane of Doublets

I have been saying that this might just be the greatest game I've ever played, but if the boss fight in the Cave of Dreams was a portal-traversing giant Doublet, that would have cemented it for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

Broken Cog posted:

Here's the fistfighting method that carried me though the entire game:

Step back and keep your distance
Wait until enemy steps forward (This means they're going in for an attack)
Pound them with two quick attacks
Rince and repeat.

I use this as well. It has served me well.