Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Radiation Cow
Oct 23, 2010

I just got to Skellige. Why did they think it was a good idea to have so many undiscovered locations?! Why do I feel compelled to search through each and every one?! :cripes: At least I'll be the richest witcher ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radiation Cow
Oct 23, 2010

Digirat posted:

Do not go for the question marks in the ocean in skellige

I went for the question marks in the ocean in Skellige. I got about halfway, earned about 25,000 gold and decided that it was enough. My autism isn't crippling enough for me to continue.

Now to collect all the Gwent cards.

Radiation Cow
Oct 23, 2010

MikeJF posted:

I just hit 14, the level for the Wolf Gear scavenger hunt, and was looking forward to going and getting me some, but it wants me to go to Kaer Morhen? I can't? What gives?

Do I just make Griffin instead? Hold out till 17 for Cat?

Yeah, by the time I got to Kaer Morhen I had pretty much collected all the other diagrams and was fully vested in the coolest looking armor, Bear armour.

Radiation Cow
Oct 23, 2010

So is it a normal thing that after adding the expansions all my mastercrafted gear crafting diagrams disappear? Because that kind of sucks.

Radiation Cow
Oct 23, 2010

Staltran posted:

Are you on PC? If so, download the console mod and add them back. I don't remember the commands but you should find them easily enough on google.

Oh no, nevermind. I was speaking to the dwarf instead of the Skellige armor lady. :downs:

In other news, I finished up the base game and got the Ciri becomes a witcher ending. What influences that? I'd like to aim for the alternate ending when I do my next playthrough.

Radiation Cow
Oct 23, 2010

sebmojo posted:

Man heart of stone is amazing. Had the best time at the fair with my best bud vlodomir, and shani was so well done. If the consensus is that blood and wine is better, I'm pumped.

I just got to the part where I received honorary donkey ears. I hope I can keep them forever, because they're totally worth 5% of my life savings.

Radiation Cow
Oct 23, 2010

Omi no Kami posted:

I still haven't finished 3 (I've only just started Skellige), but as someone who's only ever played the games, I have a really deep distrust of Yennefer. I'm okay with Triss, largely because she's the love interest I've seen the most of through the games. I know for a fact that sorceresses in general tend to be pretty cutthroat and self-centered, and I believe the narrator and all Geralt's friends when they say that he and Yen are a once-in-a-lifetime match thing, but I dunno; I get the vibe that she'd use and leave Geralt in an instant if that was more personally advantageous than working with him, and I never got that from Triss. (Shani is obviously the best, but she apparently doesn't appear in 3 so phooey.)

Yen gets a lot of development in Skellige and the whole questline she and Geralt have together really fleshes their relationship out. I still like her the most (maybe because I read the books) and she does seem the best fit for Geralt out of the three.

Though, I do like how much poo poo the other witchers give Geralt about Yen, and most of it is totally on-point. He really is a pushover when it comes to the ladies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radiation Cow
Oct 23, 2010

I just finished up Equine Phantoms. This game is chock-full of extremely awesome quests, and this was one of the best. :3: