Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

So I know CDPR has a history with rushed third acts, but when you go to board the Naglfar and the Skelligans show up in support, did I miss a bit where this is foreshadowed at all besides RAAAGGGH VIKINGS! I don't recall any option to speak of it with the an Craites or Ermion. Plus considering you kill a pissed off Madman Lugos like ten minutes before that I figured they'd be dealing with the Drummond/an Craite feud. RIP Crach regardless. Long live Queen Cerys.

Really wish there was an option to punch Emhyr, Phillipa, Avallac'h, or Ge'els in the face and induce a nonstandard game over, those were fun in 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

NESguerilla posted:

Is there ever anything cool in the water? Like maybe a proper sea monster or whale or something? The oceans are so bland.

I just ran into the whale graveyard and I just want there to be live ones.

You can see whales cresting for breath before diving, but nothing is attached below the waterline.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Real hurthling! posted:

beat the game. great ending after some meh boss fights.

The second game at points had me oddly excited for quick time events.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

dyzzy posted:

So for the first part of the Bloody Baron stuff, this second time through I found the shrine in the basement, is Geralt supposed to say anything about it and should it change any dialog? Nothing happened for me. This is when he lets you inspect the rooms.

Search Tamara's room first before the Baron's.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Was there a reason Olgierd and his brother dressed liked Cossacks? If the game's aesthetic more clearly mirrored medieval Eastern Europe I'd be fine with it, but it seems kinda jarring because no one else around Novigrad dresses that way.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

The Sharmat posted:

Can I get a download link for this apparently leaked Blood and Wine expansion that CDPR is apparently just sitting on?

I wonder if this person has an uncle that works at Nintendo of Poland.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

I see why the people in fantasy France don't fight back as hard as those in fantasy Poland, their houses aren't easily rebuilt mud huts.