Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Sadly no mention of the tattoo in the OP. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
So I left off on page 3 or 4 and was all thr way to page 12 when I was just about to give up I went one more page and saw Captain Conspiracy go from no avatar to a probated cat, and I just knew I had to burn the next 20 pages to see why.

I was not disappointed, thank you Orv.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Wouldn't be a Witcher game without typos. :allears:

Only an hour in before oh-poo poo-work-in-the-morning. I will share the impressions I have that many have already expressed:

Game is gorgeous.
Facial expressions/animations are loving incredible.
Knock on wood so far no crashes or glitches.

NOW! The one issue I have is that the volume seems REAL low. I thought maybe my in-line volume got hit but I checked and it was maxed. The game, both in cinematics and in actual gameplay are relatively quiet compared to anything else. I finished TW2 earlier tonight and it was standard volume and after quitting TW3 I blasted some music and nearly went deaf so it's not my system. In-game volume is maxed however so I don't know what's up, maybe it's just me. :tinfoil:

Also I have no idea if I picked the right TW2 save to import. It listed EVERY SINGLE SAVE I had so I picked the latest autosave and went with it. That said, the timestamp was wrong (May 19th 3:28PM) so...

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Firstly, I forgot to install the new nVidia drivers last night but I don't imagine they'd bump me up to pure 60.

How are you single 970 bros hitting 60 with ALL ultra AND hairworks? I spent an hour last night playing and varied between 25 to 50, averaging a highly playable 40 or so. Is my CPU REALLY killing me?

Win 7 64
8Gb
i5 2500K 3.3

Yet you dudes made it sound like I'm abnormally low. I'll update the drivers first thing after I get home but you got me slightly worried.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Calidus posted:

I am in 50s consistently @1920x1200 with all Ultra and hairworks turned OFF using your same system.

Yeah I'll kill hairworks after installing the drivers, admire 60FPS, then promptly turn it back on. I'm my own worst enemy. I'll also run with whatever the gently caress that thing to check your temps is, MSI Afterburner? CPUZ? Can't remember.

Also, going back 20 pages: Sup, jump-off-the-balcony-first-thing-you-do-bro? poo poo was hilarious.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

adhuin posted:

Dwarffucker! I've made so many Cat-potions, by destroying the old spent ones and cooking new. I just blamed the new game bugs that left spent items in your inventory.

I must have skipped that particular tutorial.

Reminds me of TW1 where you can make White Goose using White Goose as a base so you can get into and endless cycle as long as you have the ingredients.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Philthy posted:

Yah, dont do this. The game will sit untouched. I did this with some other big game (Monster Hunter something something) a week before I bought a house and I haven't touched it since. You will be busy listening for the house to fall apart or whatever ghosts might be living in the basement for the first month during your spare time.

On the plus side he'll be able to take out said ghosts if he bought the game.

Crappy Jack posted:

Also as a fan of the books, I laughed out loud when the first piece of instruction Geralt gives to Ciri during training is "Pirouette".

I swear, learning how to pirouette in the Witcher universe makes you a completely unstoppable badass.

That part made me burst out laughing. Meanwhile: During the wall race I tried to let Ciri win because Geralt Dad.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Spikeguy posted:

I think they stated it's been at least a year since Witcher 2 and the end of Witcher 2 you find out where Yennifer is so it makes sense that you've been going after her and it's taken a while since she was pretty far away.

Also, unless Vesimir was just hanging around South you likely went to Kaer Morhen before heading back to Nilfgard.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I'm a child who can only play his new awesome games in the dark for maximum enjoyment. This was a problem with the release date in May and sundown being at 9 but thanks to tonight's storms I get to start as soon as I get home from work! Due to tonight's potential tornadoes however, I may lose progress to power outages or death.

Moral: Save early, save often, and always be safe!

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Is there a relatively TW3-spoiler-free list of ALL flags for an imported save? Not the save sim but actually bringing in my Witcher 2 save. I'm curious as to what all minor things I'm bringing in besides the major ones you get asked in the save sim.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Pole-ish fantasy.

Now to go back to not reading the thread 'til I finish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
1) I play The Witcher 3 to play Gwent.

2) Roach is the worst vehicle in an open world game I have ever, EVER played. And I played Saints Row II to completion with a mouse and keyboard.

The auto-road thing is TERRIBLE. He will routinely leave the road he's supposed to be following, even when going at just a canter. If you're galloping there's a good chance you'll end up halfway into the next field if there's a mild bend in an otherwise straight road.

Trying to turn him AT ALL, even in the direction he's already going / the camera is pointed will 50/50 make him stop completely. He's a huge pain in the rear end to make adjustments to. I'll use the auto-road thing and every junction I get to I have to manually point down the road I want him to take, which makes sense. But instead of turning he'll decide to stop and I have to spur him back into moving.

He will get caught on the TINIEST obstacles. It's like the standard open world thing where there are certain toe-height obstacles you can't get over that stop you dead, except it happens when going at a full gallop and is extremely difficult to back up off of and go around.

I had a new one last night. I was travelling a straight path in an open field, so holding shift+W to gallop, and without hitting another key or turning the camera, Roach just decided to turn 90° on me. I don't know if he hit an invisible object or if I just couldn't see what he hit, but it sure seemed like he turned without hitting ANYTHING and that he was further cementing his place as literally the worst open world vehicle I can recall.

I want to love that stupid loving horse, I really do. It's Geralt's horse and he's pretty cool in the books, but holy loving poo poo fighting with him to do the simplest things OR THINGS THE GAME RECOMMENDS ME DO (seriously, the auto-road poo poo should work 100% guaranteed) makes me start to hate everything to do with horseback content in this game.

Other than Roach and the fact that I'm guaranteed 3 crashes a night in the four/five hours I play I'm enjoying the game. I'm a superfan of the first two games and this is STILL a fantastic game that I'm loving 99% of. It's just frustrating that if the game isn't crashing, Roach is.