Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I find the smell of an earthly man,
Be he living, or be he dead,
His heart this night shall kitchen my bread.
Wait, is he or isn't he Chris Kluwe? I need to know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,

megalodong posted:

edit: the blue cow flies at night. I expect my paycheck shortly.

Don't blow your cover!

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,

I shipped a game with a cloth map.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,

Terper posted:

Poor Obama never got the chance to enjoy his copy of Witcher 2 before the third game was released. :(

He'll be retiring soon, I'm sure his first couple months off the job will be a Witcher 2 & 3 marathon play. Maybe he'll stream it on Twitch?

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,

Schlesische posted:

From what the PS4 reviewers have said, the plot-driven parts of the game are kind of not good and it's all on the open world to pull the hard carry. Which it does.

Other reviews have had the exact opposite opinion, which leads me to believe that it's mostly about personal preference.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
New trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBoCRYX6Vq0

I worked on this one!

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,

Corin Tucker's Stalker posted:

EDIT: Earlier I mentioned crashing while playing Gwent on PS4. I recreated the crash. It seems to happen consistently (in the tutorial match, at least) if you tap the triangle button instead of holding it down to pass your turn.

This is actually super useful. I'm 99% sure we already fixed this in a patch, but I'll make sure it's in the database.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,

Slate Action posted:

Didn't you guys hear, Witcher 3 was downgraded from a video game to a piece of toast. The graphics aren't as good, but now you can spread jam on it! Or butter! Or both! It's your choice

If you pick jam, a bunch of orphans die in act 3.

:magical:quest design:magical:

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,

Those shadows are super fake.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,

GuyUpNorth posted:

Nekker soup with elf for taste :allears: Comte, your work?

:)

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I keep posing here when I shouldn't.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,

Dan Didio posted:

lol, you changed that loving tune quick.

Before the release the thread was a lot lower profile and I could get away with being catty, and with all the newcomers I'm not sure how some of the things I say will be taken. It'll probably be a while before I post substantively again.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,

Xenoith posted:

lol what the gently caress, that's kind of disappointing that normies can do it that quick without doing speed runs.

How long is this game supposed to be? I hope it doesn't end up being Shadows of Mordor 2

I think the claim of 10 hours strains credibility. If you aren't speedrunning I think that's probably not possible.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
At the office *right now*

https://instagram.com/p/23WASERVLv/

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,

1stGear posted:

You're about to be invaded by the Wild Hunt/Nilfgaardians. You should probably prepare for that.

The guy in the lower left is actually one of the wild hunt characters, but he's out of costume- two other wild hunt peeps were here too but not in the picture.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,

Michaellaneous posted:

Suggest a price, if it is too high the other gets annoyed, if the annoyance is full you loose the contract.

I think you don't lose the contract, it just defaults to a lower reward.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,

Philthy posted:

Can someone explain this? I haven't been paying attention to potions yet, and I've been picking flowers like mad because Oblivion gave me OCD.

You craft a potion once, you get a potion item with a certain # of charges (I think the charges are affected by your skills). When you meditate, any potions refill their charges if you have alcohol in your inventory, one per potion that needs to be refilled. You still need ingredients later because most potions have multiple upgrades that require the base potion as an ingredient, but you don't need to hoard flowers obsessively. This system is a little weird feeling at first, but it's effectively cured me of my open-world OCD.

EDIT: Herbs also respawn *really* fast so there's no reason to pick every flower.

Comte de Saint-Germain fucked around with this message at 15:24 on May 19, 2015

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
A tip you guys might not know about that will make clues show up on the minimap: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLqkpPFWJhA

minimal hud crusaders not invited

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,

Orv posted:

Uh, you mean all that Geralt accomplished, e.g. throwing the North to its knees just in time to be skullfucked by Nilfgaard, or in other words exactly what's happening now? It's not all his fault, but this is what comes from W2s proceedings.

Yeah, I'm not sure what you think Geralt achieved in W2,the epilogue for both Roche and Iorveth paths was Nilfgaard crossing the Yaruga, their plot to destabilize the north having been accomplished. In Temeria the succession is, at best, deadlocked by nobles squabbling and in-fighting, regardless of the path you take. Kaedwen has either just lost their king or they have been humiliated in Vergen, their army shattered and demoralized. Regardless of what you do in W2, Temeria, Aedern, and Kaedwen are all basically broken, with both Nilfgaard and Redania using the chaos to strengthen themselves.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,

Captain Scandinaiva posted:

Right, but Henselt doesn't have to die though? Not sure what happens if you don't help Roche rescue Anais but even in my last game, where I did rescue her, Kaedwen was stable and strong as gently caress.

Even if Henselt doesn't die, even if he wins at Vergen, he's still exhausted himself and his forces fighting rebels, dragons, and curses. The north was only able to stand against Nilfgaard last time because the kingdoms banded together (and luck). No way in hell Kaedwen could stand up to Nilfgaard with a broken Temeria and Aedern. Geralt only can ever really help his friends, he's not a geopolitical power player.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,

Arglebargle III posted:

Are lesser mutagens a trap like they were in Witcher 2?

You can remove and re-slot mutagens at any point, there's no reason to not have all your mutagen slots full at all times.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,

Josef bugman posted:

The most egregious example of this is when you get the quest to look for the missing Nilfgard scouts, and it turns out that the quartermaster has been committing war crimes for zero reason. It just seems so petty to me,

It's not no reason, they don't have any food to feed the prisoners and this is a world devoid of the concepts of war crimes.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,

Orv posted:

Comte please slap whomever is responsible for Broken Flowers upside the head. I stripped down to a plain shirt and armored trousers, unequipped all my weapons and they didn't believe me when I said I was the cook. :mad:

You have to shave your head and get a barcode tattoo for that to work

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,

Josef bugman posted:

Then don't make war in the first place if you can't feed your own soldiers and captives.

Then again for all their technological supremacy the nilfgardians do seem to have an overabundance of Hubris as well.

Which is one of the things intended by the quest. I'm not sure where people are getting the idea that the Nilfgaardians are the good guys, some of them may be nice, some of them may be committed to mercy and fair rule, but they are all part of a system that is currently engaged in a war of conquest that has resulted in grotesque human suffering. Quartermaster Eggebacht isn't an evil guy who loves to kill prisoners of war, he's a guy who's trying to do his job as best he can. His job just happens to be oiling a war-machine.

Comte de Saint-Germain fucked around with this message at 13:29 on May 20, 2015

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,

iGestalt posted:

Can I ask you a game-related question? I looked around and heard from another goon that there is no storage? As in, we can't go to a box, shove our stuff in and keep it safe for later. Is this true, or is it tucked away somewhere or unlocked later?

I don't think there's any storage, but I'm not positive.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,

Josef bugman posted:

I do not think they are good guys. Far from it. I am just not especially down with this whole deal of everyone being a dick to each other. That and I really wish that in one of the quests The tracking the Scoiatel who are killing the soldiers. If you defeat them you could just lie to the gaurd captain and not have to have a progrom carried out on your behalf.

I don't think it's about being a dick, few characters in this game do the things they do because they are dicks- they do things because they are engaged in systems that compel them to act in ways that are dickish and amoral. Much like the real world.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,

Josef bugman posted:

I'd say Immoral. The fact is that Amorality means doing things you may not like, most of the characters do not seem to care if they do horrible poo poo. Not crapping on the story. It's simply that I do not especially like it from a personal perspective.

I like doing good things that help and going "well it doesn't because you are helping racists/a war machine" might be more realistic, but it doesn't make me feel any less like the people are dicks.

I know what you mean, after the baron questline I had to sit down and couldn't play for a bit, but really that's the intended effect. We're not trying to make something that engages meaningfully with the moral complexity of the real world. \

There are a lot of good people in the world, the guy in crow's perch who adopts that PTSD kid afer his parents are eaten by a cockatrice and the people who help that baron's family escape but you'll notice that none of these characters wield any power, they exist far enough outside the power structure that they are able to exercise morality in a way that the powerful (or those seeking power) cannot. Quartermaster Eggebracht would love nothing more than to send those prisoners home, or put them to work as slaves, or frankly, anything else besides executing them. But he can't because he has *orders* to deal with the problem and limited resources to carry out those orders. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abu_Ghraib_torture_and_prisoner_abuse

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,

Sekenr posted:

Um, not quite. One of the options is lifting Henselt's curse and he conquered the Pontar valley. Leaving Kaedwen stronger than ever.

Stronger than ever, or overextended and surrounded by weak allies? I think the answer is clear.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,

Orv posted:

Comte, is Bart one of yours?

Borys is my only troll...

...for now.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,

Manatee Cannon posted:

Ok, Pyres of Novigrad. A tailing quest? Really? And the guy walks as slow as he possibly can for like five minutes. Didn't realize I was playing Assassin's Creed. Every other quest has been great but that part was dumb as hell and I hope it doesn't happen again.

Just ask the beggar sitting on the scaffolding over the street, he's got the funniest lines and you don't have to follow anyone.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,

Drifter posted:

Yo, Comte. You and your boys put out a dope fuckin' game. I have some niggles, but this is a quality fuckin' product right here.
Thank you.

right on

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,

Dongattack posted:

Wtf do you do about underwater enemies? Trying to find a smugglers treasure and there's like 10-12 Drowners constantly attacking me.

Crossbow works underwater and is *significantly* more effective while swimming. I think it insta-kills swimming enemies, but it might just do a ton of damage.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
Should just be able to chuck bombs in the water and have all the drowners float to the surface. pre-order canceled

EDIT: this may actually work, i've never tried

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,

Autonomous Monster posted:

Doubt it. I'm having bombs fizzle in puddles, there's no way they're going to work under water.

Totally should though. Comte get on the horn and make them change it. :colbert:

I'm putting all my political capital into making the silver monocle from the prologue wearable. One thing at a time.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,

Demiurge4 posted:

That skill is really ridiculously good against skull level monsters because you won't take any damage against stuff like griffins or cockatrices when they wing sweep you while you're alt dodging, it entirely eliminates the need to roll backwards, it's great.

Edit: What does adrenaline actually do? The tutorial said they're for combo's but how do I do a combo?

Some of the skills you can learn will allow you to use adrenaline to do special attack,s but I haven't done much with them. There's also a hidden feature, which is that you do more damage the more adrenaline you have, but I don't know how significant it is.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
As you quest prices at certain merchants will sometimes improve as your reputation improves, but it's all hidden from the player. (I think)

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,

Manatee Cannon posted:

You mean doing the quests for specific merchants? I know they say they're grateful and give you a discount on stuff. Or is there a more broad quest thing that influences how merchants feel about you? Like if you do stuff that helps the area out, they like you more and thus give you better prices?

I'm not 100% on how it all works, but I know that in at least one of my quests Forefather's Eve if you do the quest and burn the Pellar's father you get a regional discount for a lot of the stores in Velen.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,

Orv posted:

Children, please.

I had forgotten how completely and utterly insane Letho's accent is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDwIDH9rFWo

he was on got

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,

Broken Cog posted:

Anyone know of a reagent vendor other than the Peller? I'm still looking for some rare ingredients I need.
No, I can't talk to the sorceress, she's left.

There's one or two in Novigrad, and I think there's one in Oxenfurt too.