Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
I'll just skip all the eloquent bits of Witcher 2 and set up major decisions with that interrogator. One day, I may actually finish it and import a proper save.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Triss objected on the mutagens on her puberty development, but I don't think any known examples of full procedure exist. If schools had their mutagen masters, could be possible.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Booya posted:

Hello, I lost all of my witcher 2 save files due to I had to format my computer. Is there some dialogue thing when I start a new game to tell it what choices I made? Does it even matter at all really?

There should be Nilfgaardian interrogator to set up major decisions, or you can roll with whatever's default.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Nekker soup with elf for taste :allears: Comte, your work?

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

I won the tutorial Gwent fairly easily, but difficulty of any afterwards seriously looks like "just holding back for you, prepare to lose after this one, repeatedly".

On a sidenote, has anyone worked out effective "safe" level range for various stuff? Jenny is kicking Geralt's witchery rear end with few hits, and only visibly better silver sword so far is level 12.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Guide I checked after missing the tether also mentioned fighting in the dark (which kinda makes sense) but I just beat her almost disappointingly fast, no idea if she actually is stronger in the noon.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

BadLlama posted:

Any hints on where to get the Griffin set but limit spoilers to a minimum?

Check various blacksmiths, I found the maps for Griffin set there - after collecting Viper swords, so you might miss them. If you don't want those, poke north of the swamp where second half of Ciri's Velen plot happens for cave with wraiths and it gives hints for swords after.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

How relevant's armor so far late game? Cat School is looking really nice, but I don't want to face the situation of giving up even upgraded version if Eredin or whoever ends up as final boss just splats me like a fly eventually.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Pick simulated world state, it's one of the major decisions you get to pick alongside fragging or not fragging Sile.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Gentlegoons, I need (general) location of a skilled blacksmith who is not Hattori to craft some Griffin swords. Anyone in Velen, or do I have to walk around Novigrad and Oxenfurt?

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

:siren: DOUBLE-TAPPING A DIRECTION DODGES :siren:

This has been a PSA for those who didn't dig through all the posts, Alt is really unintuitive and cumbersome displayed bind.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Seeing as how some of you have finished the game... is there much beyond checking the three regions? Just reunited with the ol' spoony bard and Skellige left, but those upgrade schematics are vile temptresses with their level requirements.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Are various magical quest trinkets one sorceress only, or do they all go for both? I just picked up jade figurine at Zoltan's fishing buddy AFTER finishing with Triss, and apparently could have held onto Philippa's crystal for Yen.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

That's pretty vague. There's a lot of smithys in this game. The dwarf smithy in the Bloody Baron keep for instance. I just got a quest for this guy in which I'm to go to Skellige and find some advanced fast hands finger wizard master level blacksmith tools so he can make me some armor with them. But I found a guide about the griffin set so I'll end up twisting my controller in fits of rage trying to get it.

After having sex with Keira, she revealed to me that she planned on taking Alexanders horrible notes to that dude. I had no idea who he was because I didn't play the 2nd game so I assumed he was an rear end in a top hat and killed her so she didn't take those plans to him. I actually felt kinda conflicted about it :(

This happens to me, but with ladders instead.

If you refer to her first plan, it's the very person behind business in Novigrad and elsewhere on Continent. Dijkstra and Roche got some plans regarding that, but I assume it's ending slides. Didn't go back yet though.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Supposedly Anna stays insane though. It's bittersweet, but I found the final moment of lucid thought better overall when everyone gets some sort of proper closure.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

That raven skull is Yen's, the same one she drops in the intro. I didn't even think of it being there, and hosed up some more... next playthrough it is then.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Endgame looks really short from now on, just gotta prepare with Yen and Ciri's Sage mentor. Feels disappointing, I haven't even had time to gather superior or masterworks with the amount of experience game throws at you.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

So I did the possession quest in Skellige:
So uhh, I threw the baby in the oven, because I felt it was going to be some sort of trick as the game described, and I wouldn't actually be doing something bad. They reveal the jarl's son to still be alive, but they never show the guy taking anything out of the oven. I guess the implication is somehow it was unharmed? To me it seemed like, in game logic, you didn't ACTUALLY do something bad, because uhh, that was some other baby you roasted? I don't get how the baby lived.

Check the room right behind the oven. I didn't immediately get it, but after she told me to throw it in...

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

If that second item's the one I'm thinking of Philippa? then you should be able to bring it up with Yen, at least by my journal.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

It may prove somewhat challenging, but to me biggest one was no ploughin' repair kits and Cat sword was down to 35% before the King. Still not that hard, just took long with wet noodle.

Next run, Vassal Temeria under rule of Empress Cirilla whenever I get around to it.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Started second run at B&BB. Is it viable with the same fast attacks Cat build I did normal, or do I have to change to signs/bombs/alchemy abuse?

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Imlerith was surprisingly easy, the hard part was catching the teleport-maul combo and striking after rolls. The two remaining were easy after that, Eredin was slow because I brought no repair kits and was hitting him with superior wet catty noodle.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

It could be plausible that Geralt didn't account for that, seeing as Annabelle is unusually lucid and peaceful for a wraith up there. Good thing I let Keira hold the notes, she fixed my problems :haw:

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Well, that one in question did kill humans. I imagine that if they do gently caress people to death, it's more about exhaustion and possibly rough sex.

And as Mad Rad & Witch Hunters show, people always find someone to blame. I got the mages out, attention turned to non-humans. Zoltan couldn't booze up the jail guards then...

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

gently caress that Oreton trader, pulling out spies, heroes and Scorch... is there a list of card sharks with general difficulty, or do I have to bear with the guy and hope RNG favours my deck?

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

When's the exact point you can do both crystals with Yen? Skull and Philippa's.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Calaveron posted:

Are decoctions one-time use only? Or are they refilled like all the other potions? I've been playing this game for pretty much days and I've never tried them.
Also, and huge spoilers maybe, but what questline do I need to start to ensure that Radovid loving dies? I was spoiled by a youtube video of a previous game's character doing him in, and I want to ensure that happens.

You can't miss it after finishing up Triss. Just make sure you won't piss off the main architect...

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Well, that's what Hjalmar wants and you know what's happened. If you want to act like that, Skellige just might disagree :colbert:

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Question regarding Novigrad stuff and children's card game. Have any of you managed to juggle Dijkstra and Serenity for their cards with Deadly Plot? Various places make it look like serious bug, glitch or very convoluted and specific order.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Whoreson should show up, at which point you do your thing and trail starts with Igor's stuff. The place is one of those hidden doors, so look for a switch on the arena level.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Gwent is just alternate art. While I prefer the "pose" cards a little more, I gotta say Borch and his babes are way better than (generic) dragon wreaking havoc.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

That Nilfgaardian guy can be beaten, but it takes some RNG. I lucked out on him not playing the archers from vague memory, and got good hand myself.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

This week's DLC pair with alternate Triss (very elven and floral, almost too fancy). Steam and PS4 are getting it late in comparison :haw:

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

It's about best from Ciri's personal perspective, though Dijkstra ruling rationally is possibly better than Black Sun. Empress Cirilla with power of largest empire on the Continent making actual change though...

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

How hard is it to hit 34 by story to wear Wolf gear? I ended up around 32, 33 on normal but suspect B&BB makes it a tad harder...

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

And when I tried that, it more often than not collided with that loving mast to very useless result unless the thing actually went through it.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Sorry, that's supposed to say "Lambert's Vesemir impression" :colbert:

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

That's the local equivalent of Pope Benedict XVI on the privy, everything else checks out correctly. Lambert's plenty hilarious by himself, but if those two just didn't chicken out when I know better than to piss off Yen...

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Apparently he's supposed to point you to that cranky ol' Gremist if you didn't get it before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

As much as it may not be, there's that one level 35 contract... don't think there's anything else right now.