Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yikes A Zombie!
Jul 18, 2003

Fuzz posted:

How can anyone use anything OTHER than freezing Aard in this? Did my first Hanse, used the secondary Aard with 6 or 7 guys around me, literally 3 of them were instantly ripped in half with their torsos flung off into the distance. Wish I had been by my keyboard to freeze frame and take a screenshot, because holy poo poo.

I love game breaking spells. I haven't put anything into Aard though. Is it worth taking the reset potion?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yikes A Zombie!
Jul 18, 2003

Thanks for the tips. What is the "freezing" part of Aard? Are you putting freezing runes on your weapons and armor?

Yikes A Zombie!
Jul 18, 2003

I don't understand how the load screen narrator is supposed to be Dandelion. They sound nothing alike; even if the narrator is an Old Dandelion telling his story. They sound nothing alike. Dandelion is a dudebro in-game.

Yikes A Zombie!
Jul 18, 2003

I now have Aard powered up all the way through the top Intensity and augmented by mutagens and stones. Any non-boss fight basically consists of blasting them, then executing while they are on the ground. Keeps my blades from wearing.

Yikes A Zombie!
Jul 18, 2003

Finally decided to just turn Nvidia Hairworks off. It easily knocked 10-15 fps off when it was on, and wasn't that impressive.

Yikes A Zombie!
Jul 18, 2003

Bust Rodd posted:

Playing it with a 360 Controller really opened up combat for me. Having Dodge/Roll so easily accessible really creates a more dynamic action game.

Definitely. I usually play the game over Steam Link with a 360 controller. When I do play with keyboard and mouse I feel gimped.

Yikes A Zombie!
Jul 18, 2003

Arcsquad12 posted:

Get the mod which disables geralt's hair but keeps hairworks on everything else. His beard looks great with it as do wolves

Haven't hosed with mods before. Might take a look at what's available.

Yikes A Zombie!
Jul 18, 2003

Fuzz posted:

Hairworks is fine if you use the one true haircut. (Shaved sides, long ponytail on top like the flashback in the beginning) ... and a full beard.

gently caress the Fabio hair of the books.

As soon as I saw that haircut I knew that some developer lost his battle with project management to make that the default hair. It's wonderful but not canon. Pair itvwith the short mustache long goatee to complete the chick magnet look.

Yikes A Zombie!
Jul 18, 2003

Decided to dive into mods. I'm now running Hairworks for everything but Geralt, Autoloot, Real Witcher Eyes, and AutoOil.

The Auto mods feel close to cheating.

Yikes A Zombie!
Jul 18, 2003

Goddamn the Autoloot mod is legit. It's constantly popping alerts for new items I've got.

It did get me into some shenanigans with some Trolls because they took my pointy rocks off my back then Autoloot took them right back. Didn't know I'd have to fight :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yikes A Zombie!
Jul 18, 2003

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

Of course, that's all academic since my witcher installation doesn't run at all when I installed reshade over it, but it looks wonderful as is :v:

I installed Reshade and Witcher crashed when I tried to launch it. You basically just need to delete the Reshade files in the Witcher folder to get it working again.