Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

YUR'LL CHOKE T'DEATH ON THREE TONS OF BOAT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

dress as a redanian, go around singing PAM PA RAAAAAM and songs about boats all day

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

there is nothing on this earth I loathe so much as gwent

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Halser posted:

you don't belong in this thread, heathen

pam pa raaaaaam

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

there are lots of spells

GAVELLA GLAN

it's just that only sorceress and mages use them

GAVELLA GLAN

witchers use signs because they spend most of their time swinging swords and jumping around and sensing things, and learning spells takes up GAVELLA GLAN loads of time. Even still, Gerald has alternate signs that are basically extra spells, so there's 10

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Zoolooman posted:

I read some articles which suggested that Witcher 3, like Witcher 2 and 1, has the issue where bombs, traps and alchemy mean nothing unless you run on the highest difficulty.

i am playing through on normal/normal and now that i'm nearly finished it is, in fact, pretty fuckin' easy.

however, for the main bulk of the game, bombs, signs and alchemy kept me from getting slaughtered, and i often found myself preparing for quests that were a couple levels above my grade by seeking out better crafting diagrams for powerful bombs/oils

the thing i barely ever used except when mandated (or to bring down fliers) was the crossbow. what's the point of doing like 16 damage to things even with special super explodey or bleedy bolts?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

wartime rules, you bastard. big stew is always good :mad:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

wear a doublet at all times, see if the game acknowledges this whenever you're told to wear formal clothing

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

probably, but i hope this means you can wear enormous armoured gloves at all times

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

nice botchling bro

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

the bit near the end where you get the xenonaut achievement was just flabbergasting.

like, they could have just recycled a bunch of assets and enemies, but no - a whole bunch of new poo poo, for a single quest.

e: YOU. YES, YOU. HAVE YOU GOT WATER ON THE BRAIN?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

JaucheCharly posted:

Long live our most gracious ruler Radovid V the Stern. Let us show our respect to him all throughout the land with the ancient Vran salute - Radovid, pedicabo te et irrumabo!

- Joannis Deckermann, Chancellor of Oxenfurth Academy.

it's nice to see catullus still getting work

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Fiat Roach

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

and you would technically be wrong

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

awesome now i'm in the sea and have to swim 500m to the closest bit of shoreline.

thanks harpies

tharpies

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

also it's really cool how the "use the crossbow underwater to instantly kill things" isn't spelled out until quite late in the game in some random quest, so all those smuggler caches where you get molested by drowners trying to empty them were pointless annoyances!!

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Drifter posted:

And if you ARE the type of person who spins around twice when leaving a room or touches a handle six times before you can shut a door, then that's your own goddamn fault for collecting all that pointless poo poo, not the game's.

today the witcher 3 thread taught me that mental illness is the fault of the sufferer

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

WirelessPillow posted:

I think the key is that Ciri is an Adult, albeit young. She is looking to Geralt for Adult Guidance not hand holding, which means showing trust that Ciri can handle herself and doesn't need an adult to oversee her every choice.

wait so accompanying her in there and going "ciri can choose whatever and i'll support her" is a bad thing? i haven't finished yet so i genuinely don't know if that's the case

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

lmao

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

each of the trolls

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

well they gave a correct answer, it's just that geralt was thinking of "breath"

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

yess got Witcher Ciri ending, despite being convinced up until like the last thirty seconds that having the bare-assed temerity to accompany her to a difficult sorceress conversation had sealed her doom

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEhhuyjq2Yo

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

sell it all you maniac, except for upgradable witcher gear

if it ain't green you shouldn't be keen

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

hmm. no pants

interesting...

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

steinrokkan posted:

It is! But personally I!d recommend playing it after the main plot and before Hearts, because then it feels a bit like Geralt's Mediterranean vacation between assignments.

watch Alien, then watch Alien3, then go back to Aliens

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i probably woulda watched it on youtube in that situation

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

no, do what i want

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Stumpus posted:

I wish they would have given me a reason to not like Roche

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Black Lodge Palpek posted:

I like Roche because his obsession with Temeria borders on Pure-O. I imagine him just repeating Temeria in his head over and over.

i

what

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

naturally he keeps it next to his fisstech stash

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

yeah same. also she wants support in something and the right thing to do is not to support her??

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

no that's what i'm saying. apparently the Elf Comes To gently caress event has enough downtime beforehand to allow for a trip to vizima, despite there being literally no indications of this beforehand

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Norns posted:

C'mon Roach!

Run, Roach!

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Drifter posted:

about 81 million American, or 315 Polish Zobobalies or whatever the hell they're called.

classy

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

TipsyMcStagger posted:

Wouldn't Touissant have the least amount of monsters out of all the realms as well? a constant stream of do'gooder knights would certainly clean up some monsters.

it's like foxes. chase some off, a new bunch move in shortly afterwards

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

yes you can

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

aard everything. aard everything forever. constantly knock them off their feet. they're getting up? aard them again. aard them across the map. aard them out of windows, down wells.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

the game is doing you a favour

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

I AM BRAWW posted:

I've never touched Gwent, either, that's my gamer-shame.

my (gender-neutral) man