Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

weaaddar
Jul 17, 2004
HAY GUYS WHAT IS TEH INTERWEBNET, AND ISN'T A0L the SECKZ!? :LOL: 1337
PS I'M A FUCKING LOSER

Quote-Unquote posted:

So I have something weird going on. I finished the game with full mastercrafted griffin armour, and started collecting diagrams in NG+. Am almost good enough to wear legendary mastercrafted griffin, but I'd like to switch to wolf armour. However, the legendary superior wolf gloves require enhanced griffin gloves (not legendary) in order to craft them. Even more annoying, despite collecting all the diagrams in the first game, the enhanced griffin gloves (not legendary) no longer appear as an acquired diagram for me. So it's impossible to make full legendary wolf armour beyond legendary enhanced (which is way under-levelled for me in NG+ now).

Anyone else run into this and is there a way to fix it on PS4? (Assuming not, since there's no console to cheat with).

They fixed this in 1.10 on PC at least.

The big benefit on the higher skill points in NG+, is that you can learn skills from further down the tree that have a high initial cost. For instance, in the normal game, synergy (tier 3 alchemy skill), is such a commitment, you most likely can only get it if you're going pure alchemy. In NG+, where you're swimming in points you can throw it on everything make geralt super op.

Igni is still pretty OP, but they nerfed the hell out of firestream in patch 1.07, so pretty much don't even bother investing in that. Yrden was nerfed to the ground in 1.10 unfortunately too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weaaddar
Jul 17, 2004
PS I'M A FUCKING LOSER

Helith posted:

I think I read that it was going to be delayed until Q2 2016, so anytime between March until June instead of the original plan for March next year.
Maybe Comte can confirm / deny.

Oh shiiii-
I bet you can get that by doing it at any difficulty level though. It'd be very doable on Just the Story!

Tbh, I did it in deathmarch NG+ and I didn't think this fight was really that hard (I didn't get the chevo though :(). Caretaker was bullshit in NG+ though. I barely ripped a 10th of his health off, and if i screwed up and got hit he'd restore a poo poo load of health.

The adds he spawned were beyond annoying.

So the runesmith, has one nice plus in that he can craft anything after you pay him 30k. Do we know which items from the DLC transfer to NG+? I'd do the main quest again so that my geralt can rock the professors shades in NG+.

weaaddar
Jul 17, 2004
PS I'M A FUCKING LOSER
As for skill points, yes you gain one per level, and one per place of power. There's also a late game item that gives you +2 skill points called the magic acorn. Are you sure you let the entire animation finish?
In total, there are 25 places of power and 1 magical acorn.

Also what's neat is heart of stone starts your custom guy at level 32, but gives you 42 skill points. Of the 25 places of power, 21 of them are still acquirable, so you actually have 5 extra points if you decide to NG+ with this Geralt.
Normally, at 32 you can have at most 31 from level ups, 25 from places of power and 2 from the magical acorn. A total of 58 skill points, but the HoS starter character can have 63. Unfortunately, you very quickly run out of things to invest in, so it is a moot point.

weaaddar
Jul 17, 2004
PS I'M A FUCKING LOSER

Yoshimo posted:

Any indication who the best merchant is to flog all my looted swords/armour to in 1.10/HoS? Everyone seems to give either duff prices or have gently caress all gold.

The runesmith usually has a lot of money, and the armorer and weaponsmith in Kaer Trolher seem to have decent cash.

weaaddar
Jul 17, 2004
PS I'M A FUCKING LOSER
So I'm trying to sperg a bit and figure out what causes stamina regen to be glitched and increased in NG+.

So far, I've determined that if your save has griffon school arts equiped and are wearing medium gear you gain an additional 10/s stamina regen in NG+, during the fight with the ghouls. I think this is because in the Kaer Morhen scene your stats are imported, and you are forced to wear 2 pieces of medium gear, but your stamina is not-recalculated. When the game restores the rest of your gear, you now are wearing two more pieces of medium armor, and thus your stats increase by 10/s.

However, I have a save game where I actually get 15 extra stamina. I have no clue what is causing this extra stamina, but I'd like to figure out how else to glitch extra stats. (perhaps cat school for extra damage?)

weaaddar
Jul 17, 2004
PS I'M A FUCKING LOSER
Is it possible to actually buy something from Master Topical? I've rescued his rear end, and he shows up as a herbalist but he will never talk to me.

weaaddar
Jul 17, 2004
PS I'M A FUCKING LOSER

Saxophone posted:

Alright. I'm waiting for the ps4 to patch the game to 1.10, is there anything I need to know games wise going in? Don't put points here, make sure to get x, you will suck until you learn to y, etc.?
There are two dodge buttons. One that does a roll, that consumes stamina and another that does a side step. Learn when to use either one. You can parry most attacks from humans, and when you get strong enough some monster attacks.

Make sure to do everything in white orchard. It acts as your tutorial area, and can grant you some decent armor and schematics for witcher blades, which will be the best weapons you'll find for a while. There are also places of powers, which will grant you a free skill point for discovering them. There's also lots of loot to acquire.

The alchemy tree is seriously underrated. Probably one of the best skills in the game is Acquired Tolerance. With this talent, you can chug more potions and decoctions. Early on, its not so great, but by mid to late game it's amazing. Synergy is probably the most OP skill in the entire game.

Don't worry too much about gear you loot, as the best stuff is the witcher gear you craft.

weaaddar
Jul 17, 2004
PS I'M A FUCKING LOSER
You should always barter, even if you don't try to push it, just going into the barter menu gives you a higher payout reward than the base quest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weaaddar
Jul 17, 2004
PS I'M A FUCKING LOSER

ThomasPaine posted:

Sorry if this has been asked, but did one of the later updates remove the colourblind-friendly option? My partner is very very colourblind and while she loves the game she's found it really hard to play since we reinstalled it recently.

It's there, but only available from the title screen menu. In game options doesn't have it for some reason.

The color blind mode is so much easier on the eyes, I hated searing red witcher sense with drunk goggles.