Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I really hope one of the DLCs let you track down and kill Phillipa because they are the worst person and really deserve it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

The best ending is obviously the one where Ciri dies beating? fighting? the white frost and Geralt commits suicide by monster. This is the Witcher universe. No one gets a happy ending :colbert:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

pik_d posted:

Our story continues as Letho and Eskel travels east over the mountains, to explore nations unknown.

I would 100% play as Letho. Re-build the Viper school for real!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Polo-Rican posted:

The sequel will be nothing but flashbacks to previous times Geralt, Lambert, and Eskel got drunk together. It will be a better game than The Witcher 3.

:aaaaa:

Vesemir can be played by Vesemir :unsmith:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Snak posted:

Yen has teleported me into a lake.

That one was hilarious. And your own fault. Mostly hilarious though.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Shoehead posted:

Mr T hated planes but the rest of the A Team would trick him into flying somehow. I feel Geralt is on about the same level.

Vesemir is Hannibal
Eskel is Face
Lambert is Murdock

I would watch / play this.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Snak posted:

What actually happens in you have 3 options "I'm not going to grovel" "I'm sorry" and "I already told you, I lost my memory". If you say you aren't going to grovel, she chucks you in the lake. And for the record, I don't think it's a big deal, and it was funny, but it also is just another example of abusing sorceress powers because she can.

Unlike Geralt mind raping some poor smuck with Axii.

Snak posted:

I mean, I get that it is from Yennifer's perspective, but you are literally arguing that it's the right thing to gently caress over an entire community because you think it will help you find your daughter faster. To argue that this is objectively good is :psyduck:

Let's ignore the fact that Ciri has elder blood which would be pretty bad if the wild hunt got their hands on.

quote:

Cat and the Wolf DLC spoilers

If you let him go, which is totally the right thing to do :colbert:, you see that he has other trophies in his hideout which means that other dumb fucks tried to cheat him. No pay = no monster extermination. You don't get to hire someone knowing that you don't have enough money to pay them THEN try to kill them. That is hosed up and they got theirs, witcher universe style. Besides if he didn't kill them, the monster he was paid to kill would have :v:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Jul 23, 2015

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Cat Witcher did nothing wrong :colbert:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Snak posted:

It's not ambiguous at all. That type of poo poo is "being a Witcher 101". And also, when you act like that guy did, you are endangering all other Witchers as well by lending credence to the idea that Witchers are psychotic murdering butchers. Putting that guy down is exactly the type of "self policing" that is required within the Witcher subculture.

counterpoint: if he let them get away with it, it lends credence to the idea that Witchers are bitches who will work for free and not do anything about it when you decide to not pay them.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Snak posted:

I mean, I think that's definitely what puts it out of a grey area. Also, the fact that this has happened before and, rather than wise up and be more careful, he seems to just keep "solving" the problem the same way is a good indicator that he's a serious danger, both to regular people and to witchers by proxy. I mean, we weren't there, we only have the hard evidence we found with our witcher senses and his description of events. The fact that he describes the murder of defenseless civilians as "getting carried away" is pretty big red flag. The fact that we're even having this argument is kind of blowing my mind.

Maybe all those people should have paid up. Yea let me try and cheat this roided out and mentally scarred up killer. This will surely end in my favor!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Spite posted:

He should have just Axii'd the gently caress out of them for the money. That's what Geralt does whenever someone mouths off to him in my game :colbert:

Though that dumbass should have known they were going to shank him as soon as they were like "oh yeah, walk into this barn, we'll be right behind you."

I mean if he was a real dick, he would've used Axii to convince one of them to kill the rest. Like Lambert!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

webmeister posted:

It'd be great to have a spot for displaying all your trophies, except that they're literally rotting severed heads :gonk:

Roach should get a wagon he pulls behind him. You can display all your loot / monster heads there.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

The Sharmat posted:

Black Gull, which is not in the game, will outright have him seeing poo poo and raving.

Witcher 4 drinking scene.

"It's 50% white gull and 50% black gull" :catdrugs:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

TipsyMcStagger posted:

Proves once again that Letho is the most bad rear end character in the entire witcher series.

Letho calling you a pansy after you turn down his idea of attacking the Wild Hunt head on was pretty great. :black101:

Witcher 4 should definitely be Letho and Eskel travelling east and doing stuff. DLC Cat Witcher can show up too.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Yea. I let Letho go because man was just doing stuff to achieve his goal of new Witcher school. I bet Geralt would've done the same thing if killing some kings would have lead to him recovering his memory or saving Ciri.

also lol Geralt judging anyone. :ironicat:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Palpek posted:

I can't bring myself to kill a succubus. It's harmless and intelligent and killing it because it's a monster would be the same as killing an elf because it's not human - racist as gently caress.

I see someone hasn't done a quest in Novigrad

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Snak posted:

Wait, what quest? I met the succubus in Novigrad and didn't see any reason to kill it... This game is sneaky like that, though.

edit: That reminds me, is it possible to save the first two people that are burned at the stake in Hierarch Square? In my game, the whole speech leading up to them being burned and kicking off "The Pyres of Novigrad" quest happened while I was talking to the bookseller, so I always wondered if there was a chance for me to intervene.

Nah it was that quest. But to say they are harmless is lol

Snak posted:

Stuff like this is crazy. Two of my coworkers are playing this game also, and they have both come to me separately and said "I banged Keira, too bad I had to kill her later" and I was like "Why?" "Because she's too dangerous with the biological weapons!" they had no clue the quest could go any other way.

Your coworkers were right. Kiera was amoral as gently caress and there was no way to know for sure what she would do to try and get back her lavish lifestyle.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Palpek posted:

You can just make her give you the notes back by choosing the right dialogue options.

Also succubus was exactly the same in the other Witcher games - they're not killing men. Victims only appear when men kill other men out of jealousy about the succubus. That's not a reason to kill an intelligent creature with an extreme swinger lifestyle :v:.

Nah she definitely killed people in Witcher 3. also decoction is a good reason.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Snak posted:

In self-defense. If you killed her you a murderer.

edit: So wait, you think the villagers murdered by the Cat Witcher deserved it, you let Letho go, and you think that it's okay to murder a succubus in cold blood. loving lol.

She killed those guys so she could keep harvesting life force from others. So yea I'll kill her. Skellige succubus I have no problem with.

I mean maybe if those guys paid her to harvest their life force or to gently caress then tried to kill her I could see the cat witcher comparison. lmao

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Oxxidation posted:

Yes, she killed people because they were trying to shiv her to death for "harvesting the life force" from their sweet, innocent brothers-in-arms. Succubi don't "harvest life force" from people. They just really, really like to get it on. They're a danger to human communities only because people would rather blame a succubus' eeeevil corrupting influence than their own libidos when good townsfolk drop dead from too much fuckin', and then try to form lynch mobs against creatures that could break a small tree with their bare hands.

The beastiary says she doesn't want to hurt people, but they still get hurt or die anyways. Then she kills a bunch of guards to save her own rear end so she can keep being sloppy and careless while having fun, even if others die. She gets the sword.

Skellige succubus I had no problems with.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

420 Gank Mid posted:

Surprise new DLC

Game really needs cosmetic armor slots so I can be fancy and still have good stats.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Riso posted:

You know what I want? It's not NG+.

It's upgrades to the starting Kaer Morhen armour.

You won't get away this easily Comte!

Same but Viper school swords

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

NESguerilla posted:

Holy gently caress i hate Sirens. They are such crappy enemies. They pose like, zero threat but are just a complete nuisance while trying to sail around Skellige. Just this stupid time consuming bullshit you have to do every couple of minutes. Pull out the crossbow and pop off shots until the stupid things are dead, or jump into the water to make the controls even more awkward but you can one shot them. Also that noise they make is queued up twice as loud as everything else and become like nails on a chalkboard after you have heard in 10,000 times.

This and the slow rear end boat are what broke me on exploring all of the undiscovered locations in Skellige.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

ymgve posted:

It's still a bit slow, but you can double tap shift (or whatever the controller equivalent is) just as with Roach to go faster.

Yea I knew about that. I just wish that Geralt could've found a better, faster boat. Paint a racing stripe on that boat to make it go faster!

Soulex posted:

Ok. First impressions are mixed. Kinda clunky a bit when trying to go up stuff but it's a small gripe. That and I feel like I always have to have my witchers sense goin. But it's nice. Haven't gotten really used to combat, learning to dodge and roll. Hardly ever use the sigil because I forget, and have died a few times.

Nests, do I need bombs or can I just run in and go gung-ho?

You need the right type of bomb to blow it up at the end after you kill all the monsters. Don't forget to loot the items from the nest after you blow it up.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Bort Bortles posted:

I'm still sad there is nothing to the Rosa Var Attre mini-side quests other than swordplay.

Should've had some more swordplay :quagmire:

The Sharmat posted:

Dandelion did basically single handedly make Geralt a sex symbol through his ballads actually, yeah.

Don't forget that Geralt has banged 3 out of the 5 sorceresses(Yen, Triss, Fringilla in the books) at the end game quest. You can even overhear them joking about who he will bang next.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Antti posted:

The way Geralt bows in both instances is more of a clever gently caress you to Emhyr than just not bowing. Not bowing is for rubes. Bowing sarcastically is for the masters.

Edit: You can find oil recipes on alchemists or herbalists as well.

This man gets it.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Manatee Cannon posted:

And, at the end of the day, it all ends in ruin for Phillipa as well. Her loving literally everyone over is what leads to her losing her eyes and having to go into hiding. Tormenting Radovid drives him insane, or at least speeds up the process, and makes him want to kill her, then after the mage hunting begins she and the Lodge have nowhere to go because they've pissed off everyone in the world at this point.

Yea but now she is fine and has cool magic sight. And can turn into an owl!

Basically I want some Kill Bill Phil dlc

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

The Sharmat posted:

Kovir is richer and more advanced than the rest of the Northern kingdoms, gives no fucks about magic or nonhuman bullshit, and is neutral (well, mostly) towards Nilfgaard. It's not in the games all that much but it is featured enough in the books to give you an idea.

Also Skjall's fate is pretty typical of their justice system if you read the notices posted around Skellige.

Edit: You can sympathize with the plight of elves and hate the behavior of the Scoia'tael at the same time. It's a complicated thing.

DLC 1: gently caress all y'all, I'm going to chill in Kovir.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Clearly Geralt should've gone with Kiera. :v:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

GhostDog posted:

Wanna hear a Limerick?
Lambert, Lambert, what a prick.

Not bad

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

The Sharmat posted:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-08-17-inside-the-witcher-3-launch

Pretty interesting article. As huge as this game is, it used to be a lot huger. Hope CDPR learned some valuable lessons about focus for their future open world games. Still a shame we never got to see the Naglfar fly. Cuts seem to be a pretty mixed bag in general. Some of these ideas sound cool, some of them...not so much.

Check out the image gallery too for earlier versions of character designs. The final version of Yennefer is much superior I think, but I really dig the earlier in-game Ciri model. Though it makes her look older than she does in the final game, so I can see why they changed it.

Some of the Triss concept art looks good too. Some not so much. Definitely prefer final Ciri over her earlier models. Yen too.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Palpek posted:

Letho is clever as all hell, the closest witcher to Geralt's level in the series by far.

Cast Quen? gently caress that, I'll use Wild Hunt scout bodies as a shield!

Letho owns

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Fishstick posted:

Direct damage bombs dont seem to be all that useful in NG+, unless there are versions that are better than superior? I'm about 50/50 heavy attack combat/alchemy now but I haven't touched the bombs tree - Grapeshot still does 600dmg, which is piddling on NG+ guys. I still use moondust/samum though. How much damage do the fragments do?

Haha if they forgot to scale up bomb damage in NG+. Or add in even more advanced recipes.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Roche spinoff. Buddy comedy where Letho shows up just to annoy him and Ves.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Cirosan posted:

I finally found the time to go back and replay the earlier Witcher games, and I have to say there's a surprising amount of foreshadowing and thematic connections bridging the first game in the series to the last. You'd be surprised just how many of the events of TW3 were foretold way back in TW1's Temeria. So being the friendless loser that I am, I decided to sit down for an evening and make a list of all the connections - narrative, symbolic, and thematic - that connect TW1 to TW3.

This is an awesome post. Especially the fraternal assistance explanation.

The Sharmat posted:

Probably easiest just to watch this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDm3AqmVUKk

It's all of Geralt's flashbacks as he gradually recovers his memory in TW2.

This just proves Letho is hardcore as gently caress, surviving that monster strike. :colbert:

Yardbomb posted:

Viper school :getin:

:hfive:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

The Sharmat posted:

I'm just gonna say it: I've played Geralt for 3 games now. I want to see something different in a protagonist from these guys.

No one knows how to do it, no.

In theory, with a lot of resources, experimentation, and magical research, sure. But where's Letho gonna get that?

Turns out Letho knows how to do it all along, but never said anything because no one asked! :v:

All he needed from Emhyr was some land and cash to physically build the Viper school.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Snak posted:

It sounds like he wants the Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance of the Witcher series...

Nanomachines Elder Blood, son

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

pik_d posted:

I'm kinda confused about this timeline, Phil is 300 years old, isn't she? What the hell has she been doing this time that she isn't already queen of the world/killed to death?

Also, regarding that Yen outtake, how do you even plan to kill the most powerful sorceress anyway? She's been around for 300 years, she's been targeted for death a few times now. Really, how can someone confidently claim she's gonna be taken out?

Toss a bunch of dimeterium at her. She's powerful, but not invincible. Or else she would still have her eyes :v:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Palpek posted:

That would be like Geralt turning into a Bond villain. I recommend finding the witcher mutation lab close to Kaer Morhen, Geralt has nothing but some insane brutal memories to share there.

Also the big point in the game is how witchers are a dying breed and it's not for no reason. The world is changing and there's no place for witchers in it. What's more important is that witchers understand it and accept it. It's like one of the Kurosawa movies that was about a ronin traveling from town to town looking for odd jobs in a world that is on the brink of being taken over by the discovery of firearms - an outdated job that is just about to become obsolete. I think both Sapkowski's books and games took a lot from those samuari/western movies when it comes to the witcher profession - those guys are still there clinging to every moment where they can prove that they're still useful but it's not for long.

Geralt rejects The Boss's Vesemir's teachings and becomes Big Boss Witcher

Wormhole orphans to Kaer Morden and train them!

Jack of Hearts posted:

I know Lambert is a bro and everything, but between his "hilarious" bandit story, and his willingness to kill innocent(ish) trolls, it seems to me he's only maybe two pitchfork incidents away from ending up like Cat School guy.

Yea everyone loves Lambert but I guess they just skipped over the story where he mind rapes one of the bandits into killing his buddies before killing him. That is infinitely more hosed up to me.

Cat school Witcher did nothing wrong :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Baron Bifford posted:

What happens to Keira if you let her go to Radovid?

Let's just say she gets penetrated :quagmire:

spoilers: http://i.imgur.com/XMAVhHD.jpg