Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Mokinokaro posted:

You have the oil recipe. It's "specter oil."

The fight is doable without the potions assuming you've done the investigation part first. If you want healing potions go do the main quest up until you meet the herbalist. She'll give you a quest to make a swallow (healing) potion. After that just meditate with some alcohest (I think that's the name) in your inventory to restock it. You can also make a few weaker bombs if you go around picking herbs that should help.

Also, another minor spoiler relevant to (I think) all ghosty wraith types: if you drop a Yrden while within the trap effect they become "corporeal" and take dramatically increased damage.

I can see why some people would dislike the combat. I think it's pretty good, but would agree they could stand to tone down the emphasis on dodging and rolling constantly. While it does add mobility and a sense of franticness to the combat, it's also a little disorienting and makes everything kinda random and chaotic. It's also really frustrating in enclosed spaces or complicated terrain, I get monsters stuck in objects a fair bit. Maybe if parry were stronger so the option to block blows is as attractive as hit-roll-hit-roll-hit-sign-roll-hit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

megalodong posted:

I'm playing on death march and haven't needed that skill. So far i've only got the passive regen one and a fast attack one, and can only slot the passive in since i'm still level 1. Took down that wraith thing outiside (and then inside) the cemetary last night.

The Sun and Stars (or whatever, HP regen during daytime and Stamina at night) is extremely handy for the highest two difficulties where you don't regenerate HP from meditating. Otherwise you have to eat a lot of food and that gets very expensive on top of already pricey repairs.

If you're at least half-assed exploring you'll find a bunch of Places of Power and have more ability points than you can probably put in active slots at once, anyway.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Harrow posted:

I'm surprised Sun and Stars is good. I haven't taken it because I did the math and even at 10 vitality per second, it would take me a full three or four minutes to regen to full from half vitality, and that seems like such a slow rate as to be negligible. I'm clearly wrong.

It's not amazing but it's one point and allows you to regain your health while just ridin' around on Roach. The alternative is buying and eating a bunch of food.

Metal Bear posted:

So, all these dozens of various monster bits and brains that are littering my inventory, do I take these to an herbalist to sell, or do I want to hang on to them? 'Cause I have a lot of poo poo in my crafting materials inventory, and not many crowns.

You can sell most of them, if they're vaulable or higher quality stuff hang onto it. If you have a stack of 5+ sell some of that off.

Keep in mind you don't need ingredients for each and every bomb/potion. You craft the item which comes with a number of charges, and then when you meditate your charges are replenished using alcohol.

Pellisworth fucked around with this message at 03:34 on May 22, 2015

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

GatewayOfLastResort posted:

I've liked all the alternate sign forms so far. I was using the alternate yrden today and having a magic turret you can drop while doing other stuff is really fun. I'm kinda tempted to get the rest of the alternate forms (have aard and axii left) but I just unlocked the sign intensity abilities. Any opinion on what I should invest in? I tend to use aard on mooks and igni on tougher opponents the most right now.

Yeah the Magic Yrden is great, it farts lightning every second or so at enemies within the radius.

Unrelated, but I don't really get people complaining about the setting. Yeah it's pretty grimdark but holy poo poo this feels like Witcher 3: Peasant Misery Simulator. There are a ton of sidequests everywhere and none of them feel of the shallow MMO "go kill dudes and collect bear asses" or other generic mold. There are all these villages dotted everywhere with a kinda believably-sized peasant population and the quests somehow manage to always feel pretty meaningful and do a lot of world-building.

Edit: like, I kinda care about these poor miserable fuckers.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
Traveling from Velen: Peasant Misery Simulator into the huge, gorgeous, and heavily populated Novigrad is pretty :stare:

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

theDOWmustflow posted:

I think I'm beginning to understand the ambivalence, or outright fear/hate, the general populace has towards witchers. In the typical folk tale, the handsome gallant hero emerges to right wrongs and slay beasts for honor, duty, or the people. His motivations are altruistic although he is typically rewarded with riches or titles. Unfortunately, the witcherverse has no Robin Hoods or knights in shining armor. If a troll is terrorizing the countryside, your only solace is in secretive and terrifying genetic freaks that have built a reputation out of opportunism. They'll haggle and price-gouge you, then loiter around to gently caress the womenfolk. To the peasantry, witchers must seem like a perverse mockery of the archetypal hero trope.

But gently caress that, the witcher life owns. Get orens, quaff potions, gently caress witches.

Yeah, if you do try and play hero in dialogues people will usually tell you (not so kindly) to mind your own fuckin' business, freak.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
Protip: head to Novigrad early if you're bored of the countryside and/or short on cash. Just watch out for back alleys. It's a huge and beautiful city with a ton of quests and stuff to do if you want a break from riding around villages.

Also, exchange your foreign currency at the bank ASAP. I got there at level 7 and had 944 crowns worth to exchange, that was nice.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

redcheval posted:

The most inconsequential of questions, but is there anything that lets you get different horses (besides just stealing other horses temporarily) at any point in the game?

Nah, why would you need someone other than Roach?

C'mere, Roach. *blows raspberry in imitation of horse sighing*

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Psiharis posted:

I believe this shows up in ingame subtitles as "Geralt: Prrrrrrrr."

Based on his pathfinding when you whistle him to come, I like to think of Roach as a loyal but kinda derpy horse. Be a little nicer to him though Geralt :unsmith:

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

MadJackMcJack posted:

I slowly came to that conclusion when I spent quite a while in White Orchard, got to Velen, and realised just how much bigger the whole area actually was. This game is staggeringly big.

wait until you get to Novigrad.

Edit: I spent three hours last night mostly just exploring the city and grabbing quests and fast travel points. It's huge and beautiful and feels very *alive*

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Kiggles posted:

Bloody Baron. I am seeing a bunch of posters about his missing wife/daughter, and while I have a Main Quest stage to go visit him, slaughtering some of his thugs put me on his radar as antagonist. I'm thinking it would really smoothing things over with the Baron if I could go out of my way to rescue his family. Is it possible to do that or is it one of those deals where it only becomes relevant by actually pursuing the previously mentioned Main Quest?

Well not to spoil too much but I don't think you can find them without talking to the Baron first. I did exactly the same thing as you probably, some thugs were being rude at the Inn at the Crossroads and I ended up killing them, then learned afterward they were the Bloody Baron's men.

You don't need to "smooth things over" and haven't broken the quest. You also won't be able to rescue his wife and daughter without advancing the main quest by talking to the Baron, it's quite long and involved and awesome.

Edit: spoiler on meeting with the Baron after killing his dudes - The villagers will all run inside and the Baron's guards will shut the gates. There is, however, an alternate way into the keep the game will point you toward at that point.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

redcheval posted:

Another unintentionally horse related question--I've left White Orchard but the griffin head is still on my horse. Figured it'd go away after the actual quest. Is it supposed to still be there?

Yeah that's equipped in your Trophy slot, killing big monsters will reward you with different trophies you can equip or sell. In your inventory tab there are several slots for Roach - trophy, saddle, saddlebags, blinders.

Edit: pls add barbershop options for Roach, I want to braid his mane :gay:

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Han Nehi posted:

When buying a diagram, is there any way to see what the level requirement for the resulting armor/weapon will be?

The shop screen says to push "i" for item info, but doing that just exits the screen.

I didn't find a way, it's kind of irritating. Like you I thought "i" meant I'd see a more detailed tooltip for the schematic, but nope.

Unrelated, but upgraded Axii is incredibly good. You can stun/charm single targets and have enough time to get in a few attacks or drop Yrden under them or what have you, and charming one or two enemies in a large pack is very handy too.

I picked up the full Griffin set and with a Signs-focused build my Quen is actually soaking a couple hits now before breaking, and great utility from the other signs.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

ZenVulgarity posted:

I don't have swallow

There's a quest to make it in the starter zone but it's one of the most basic and generally useful potions. People were mentioning an herbalist NE of Oxenfurt who sells a lot of the basic recipes but I think you start with the schematic known

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

Know of any good sign based builds? So far I've only maxed Quent or whatever the shield sign is because I'm bad at fighting, and I couldn't be assed to keep switching between signs like some lovely Skyrim battlemage. I always saw signs as a backup gun, too. Witchers seem to derive their power from swordplay and alchemical preparation before fighting monsters. Signs are there to augment their abilities, and only very slightly when they do.

Quick rundown of the various signs and their alternate mode upgrades--

Aard stuns, alternate is a radius around you? I haven't unlocked the alternate for it yet.
Igni is straightforward, you can easily get +100% or more Sign Intensity with mutagens and Griffin gear, hits like a truck with or without much investment. Alternate mode you continuously shoot a stream of fire instead of a burst in a cone.
Quen alternate mode gives you a bubble shield, unlike the proactive basic shield this is reactive and you need to activate it at the right times to absorb attacks. It seemed alright I need to try it out some more. The basic upgrades that make it explode when breaking are pretty nice.
Yrden alternate mode basically sets a little lightning turret that zaps enemies in range, it's incredibly good against fliers in particular and a nice extra source of low effort damage.
Axii alternate charms a dude, you can use this on single creatures and keep wailing on them for a couple seconds without the charm breaking. Between the stun and charm modes you can nearly stunlock some monsters and control fights much more easily.

I would definitely pick up the Axii upgrades you can use them in conversations as well and they're great for combat. Otherwise just kinda pick whatever sounds good, you can always respec. Keep in mind something like Yrden won't consume a lot of stamina since you drop the trap and do other things for a while, as opposed to Igni, Aard, or Axii which you may be using more frequently.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
Right now my level 10 Sign-focused Geralt is using:

both of the lower level Yrden upgrades
both Axii upgrades
Quen explode when busted
ability that grants 5% sign intensity and stamina regen for Medium armor (I'm decked out in Griffin gear)

for six abilities total, plus Blue mutagens for more sign intensity.

Most fights I just keep Quen up, an Yrden turret down, and use Axii to control enemies and Igni for big nukes. Plan on investing some more in Igni next.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Spiky Ooze posted:

Gwent question:

What is up with passing?

If you have more points, and pass, it should only pass you one time right and you should be able to play after the next move?

But I did that when I wanted my opponent to bleed cards cause he had more, and it just kept passing me until they win? I don't know if it's a bug or what but it makes no sense but I only pass once and it keeps passing.

Once you pass you are done playing for the round, I'm pretty sure.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Megasabin posted:

Ah. That's a bit lame. So the game sort of punishes you in a sense for exploring too much too early? As in you could theoretically could find gear at an early level that would be amazing if you had found it later in the game. Makes me wish I hadn't found that sword.

By the same token, you can just do whatever the hell you want and come back and do your exploration and questing when you feel like it. The loot will be level-appropriate.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
the stinky cheese dungeon was loving amazing

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

me your dad posted:

On PS4:

I'm doing the quest 'Magic Lamp', which is the part after you fight the first of the Wild Hunt guys. The objective is, Look for the lamp in the mage's laboratory using your Witcher Senses." I'm in the room where the minimap shows the objective and using witcher sense but nothing is glowing red and I've looted all the containers.

Anyone run into this or know where the hell the lamp is?

As I recall this is right when you bust out the Eye that lets you dispel illusions? If you go to the right it leads you up an exit out of the elven ruins, if you instead went to the left that is where the lamp is. It's only like a room or two farther back, there's a room with four status flanking a door with an inscription. It's a puzzle where reading the inscription will have you light the fires at the feet of the four status in the right order, then the door opens up and hey presto there's your lamp.

It takes like three minutes from the part she asks for your help, you turn that direction and solve the status puzzle, done.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Honest Thief posted:

Light the lamp at the ghosts, they got a green haze surrounding them and keep shinning on them until they stop talking and you get some exp, either that or check the levers to open a passage

Nah he's on the step before that, he doesn't have the lamp and asking where to get it. It's very near where Keira gives you the quest to find it.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

me your dad posted:

Weird. I looked all over for it, and eventually found an exit. The quest failed and I got a new quest: An Invitation From Keira Metz. That sucks. At least it let me fail it though. I was worried it was stuck.

Hmm well to be really specific as I recall: after you fight the Wild Hunt guy in the elven mage's laboratory, you search through his stuff with your Witcher Senses. You'll notice a rippling section of wall and then Keira gives you the Eye thingy to be able to dispel illusions. After you dispel the false wall, there is a T-intersection. When you reach the intersection Keira will ask you to find the lamp. Hang a left at the T to find the four statues with braziers and inscription puzzle, solving that gets you the lamp. Hang a right at the T will ascend a short passage and exit the ruins.

Edit: what might have been throwing you is the puzzle room is pretty small and dark and I think the only thing that shows up on your Witcher senses is the inscription on the wall plaque, so you might have missed it and assumed the lamp was slightly more hidden than "immediately to my left past this puzzle wall" :v:

Pellisworth fucked around with this message at 20:19 on May 24, 2015

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Solartide posted:

Same here, hopefully someone who does it successfully can shed some insight.

My fights right now are enhanced Yrden, then Igni until I need to refresh my Yrden.

This might be silly to ask, but are you holding the button down for the alternate modes? It takes a beat or two to work. Also, maybe you don't have high enough Sign Intensity to charm whatever target? I've had no problems with regular or alternate (charm) Axii and use it extensively. Rocking almost +100% sign intensity tho.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Solartide posted:

I have full griffin set, I try to hold it down but it just stuns them and the casting ends, no one is getting mind controlled.

You equipped the alternate mode ability on your Character panel, too? I'll play around with it in a bit and see if I can reproduce the problem but I stun/charm monsters every fight and haven't had an issue.

warcake posted:

Ok am i being stupid or am i missing something when you have to get in a boat with an NPC driving. I get in the boat and nothing happens.

Aim towards the seat at the back and "take the helm" you can sail yourself.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Psiharis posted:

Failing the Baron's objective in Gwent is not a problem. Sooner or later the quest updates and tells you where to get his card and a note telling you where the next opponents are. Play some lovely no-name merchants in west bumblefuck parts of Velen and get slightly better cards, play rural innkeeps, skip oxenfurt until you've at least finished the Velen gwent quest which gives you a useful hero among other things.

It goes from hopeless to easy very fast.

Yeah the starter deck is pretty decent, imo the Foltest clear weather leader card is one of the very best and the Northern Realms faction ability (draw extra card at start of new round) is also strong. Just some general tips:

-Usually you want the bare minimum number of unit cards (=22) and not too many special cards (up to 10 allowed). Switch in stronger cards as you get them, you want to increase the odds of drawing a strong hand so bring only your best cards.
-Spies and Healers are extremely good and you should always bring them. Anything that lets you draw more cards.
-I would bring one or a couple each of Decoy, Horns, maybe Scorch. Don't bring more than a couple weather cards unless you are running a specific strategy around them. Weather plays can be really powerful especially for example against Monsters who play mostly melee units.
-Decide your broad strategy based on the hand you draw and redraw accordingly. Remember the game is going to go at least two rounds, most of the time you'll have a stronger first round and then save a few cards for the second round to mop up.

It seems to take quite a while to build up enough cards for decks other than Northern Realms.

edit:

Calaveron posted:

So griffin gear quest, how am I supposed to get it with the wyvern breathing down my neck

minor spoiler: You can avoid the wyvern, swim around to the base of the lighthouse island and there's some Drowners and a Place of Power. You can either hop up the wall and into the lighthouse or swim into a cave near the Place of Power. The swim route will probably require you to shoot some Drowners while swimming. It took me a bit to find the actual schematics, they're up a ladder immediately to the right if you were crossing the bridge from the mainland and not in the big main tower.

Pellisworth fucked around with this message at 19:50 on May 25, 2015

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Calaveron posted:

Figured it out. Now to find blacksmiths who can forge this stuff (help)

You'll need Journeymen level crafters, hit up Oxenfurt or Novigrad. I don't recall if the dwarf at Crow's Nest is a Journeyman armorer, but I don't think there's better than Amateur blacksmiths outside of the towns.

Easiest would be to hit up the central part of Novigrad, there was a map posted in the last couple pages

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

Has anyone settled on an armor set/build combo yet? I'm at a loss for one that works and I'm running out of cash to buy respec potions :(

I don't think you can really go wrong, posters have had good results with all sorts of builds. I've been having a blast with a Sign-heavy build, get the Griffin set and slap on some blue mutagens for a ton of Sign Intensity. Stun, charm, and burn your way to victory.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

An excellent idea. Just remove candles and ignitible poo poo all together. It serves absolutely no purpose other than the "heh cool" factor you get the first time you do it.

A question about my character skills since I haven't played the first game. When looking at the four corners, I want to put a mutagen in each section, then match up skill colors to that mutagen, correct? For instance, for my signs I want a blue mutagen, then pick three great signs to use so they get bolstered by the mutagen? If I do that, do my other skills not placed in one of the three blocks still have their bonuses count?

As I understand it, the mutagens don't boost the linked abilities. However, linking mutagens with same-color abilities improves the mutagen bonus. For example, I have a Greater Blue Mutagen (+10% Sign Intensity) and for every Sign ability I link to it I get another bonus 10% Sign Intensity, the mutagen granting a total of +40% for the three same-color linked abilities.

Matching colors gives you better Mutagen bonus, not bonus to abilities specifically

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

Are there any mutagens that boost the general skills? I put a point into Griffin School armor and put it in a quadrant, but have no mutagen to go with it.

Haven't seen any which is kind of a bummer. Feels like the general skills get obsoleted fairly quickly.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

The Crooked Warden posted:

I dunno; the armor skills seem pretty goddamn amazing.

Well I'm running around with the full Griffin set and Griffin armor skill which gives +20% Sign Intensity and +20% stamina regen, which is nice. However, I could slot an ability there and not lose much because I could get +10% Intensity for matching mutagen colors and each rank in a Sign ability also gives stamina regen. It doesn't scale so it becomes a lot less appealing eventually.

RC Cola posted:

Are alchemy or magic worth investing in?

Everything is cool and good go with whatever you think sounds fun and you enjoy.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

The Crooked Warden posted:

I guess the huge crit damage bonus from light armor mastery somewhat colors my opinion. I like big numbers.

Yeah I can only really speak for the Griffin/Sign setup as that's all I've used maybe the others are better.

But compare

Griffin armor skill = 20% Sign Intensity and 20% stamina regen with a full set of medium armor

Any Sign ability = 10% Sign Intensity with a linked mutagen and +0.5 stamina per second for each rank in the ability

It was really good early on when I didn't have many ability points but now I'd rather have the extra ability, the tradeoff is small.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Dr.Cthulhu posted:

Just bought this, super excited. Anyway, what is the best thing to put points into off the bat? Someone mentioned something about sun and moon earlier?

If you are playing on the top two difficulties (Death March or Blood and Bones or w/e) your health does not regenerate from meditating, so I'd recommend getting the Sun and Stars ability for one point because it grants health regen during daylight which is when you'll be riding around doing stuff most of the time. Otherwise you're stuck with potions and food and that can get expensive and a little annoying early on. If you're playing on Normal or lower difficulty, skip it.

All of the trees are great, I would pick one and focus on it. You can respec an unlimited number of times for 1000 gold later on, so experiment.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Evil Canadian posted:

Is the stun magic sign as OP as I think it is? All human fights are basically trivialized with it. I started on hard because I want a challenge but basically nothing can touch me. Do later enemies resist it or do I basically need to honour-bound myself to not use it anymore.

theDOWmustflow posted:

Igni is too powerful. High-tier enemies should not be stunable, or the burn should be limited in its effect. As it is, I can chain stun and kill anything that is burnable with zero effort since the alt Igni cooldown is shorter then the length of the burn CC.

I'd need to double check but I think the knockdown effect on Aard and burn chance from Igni are based on Sign Intensity? And yeah I'd agree, basically any of the signs becomes brokenly overpowered with a decent chunk of Sign Intensity. I used the charm Axii on a bunch of contract monsters that probably shouldn't be vulnerable to charm. As you say you can knockdown and one-hit kill humanoids with Aard and Igni or Axii can be used to stunlock monsters.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

BAILOUT MCQUACK! posted:

Provided you still have the materials to make another? Just trying to get clarification here.

Nope you craft the item and it will have X amount of charges. When you meditate, one unit of hard alcohol will be consumed to recharge all of your consumables.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

BAILOUT MCQUACK! posted:

Ah, I see. I noticed that Oils don't seem to have that charge. Are they infinite? Am I just still blind and not paying attention?
I don't remember if they're single charge or infinite charges but they're not single-use. None of the alchemy stuff you will need to craft refills for, it all replenishes with alcohol when you meditate.

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

I'm missing how to cast sign secondaries. I have the puppet skill of Axii maxed, but so far all I can do is stun dudes rather than make them my minions for a few. What do I need to do?

Make sure Puppet is equipped, then you have to hold down the key. It doesn't always work, you'll see Geralt concentrate and the monster will slow down, then either it will be stunned or charmed.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

BAILOUT MCQUACK! posted:

Seems interesting that they have so many sources of ingredients then, if you only need to make it once. Unless you can make multiples of the same type and all get refilled, I can only see doing so if making the potion nets your more profit than selling the ingredients separately.

Well one thing I concluded early on was it is not worthwhile at all to bother picking flowers and looting random pesant huts. You can, but the game drowns you in crafting components (especially the common ones) so there's no real point.

Edit: I mean, that's a good thing, I don't have to grind crafting reagents. Just get out of the mindset of needing to explore each hut for secret treasure and pick each flower to refill your potions all the time.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
Just so you know, most of the drowner camps in the starting area start with a couple of explosive barrels in the middle. Just blow the fuckers up

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Yea it's an unfortunate flaw with that type of game. I do love the little carry over nods and everything but you lose a ton of your audience if you have to have played previous games to understand anything.

Witcher 1 was pretty run of the mill RPG fare but 2 was basically designed around having to play through it at least twice to figure out what the gently caress is going on with the main plot.

I actually spent a lot of time hand-crafting my saves all the way from the first game and importing it into Wild Hunt, but I'm not disappointed at all that it hasn't seemed to have a huge impact. This game is so huge and beautiful and full of great content I kinda forgot.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Sankis posted:

I'm pretty sure CDPR has said that the card game is a meta thing. I wouldn't take it too seriously in the context of the game world.

It's also about a million times better than dice poker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

theDOWmustflow posted:

Is there a primary religious pantheon that most everyone follows or is familiar with?

Is the Eternal Fire part of this pantheon? Is the Eternal Fire a diety or is it literally fire worship?

Someone who's read the books might have more info but my takeaway from the first two games was that Melitele and the Eternal Fire were the main religions in the North. Both seem to be pretty "distant" in that you don't see their priests slinging divine magic or performing miracles or anything really. There's also a lot of folk religion, worshiping powerful monsters like the crones or other spirits of the land.