Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006
Guys... I'm playing Witcher 3 through GoG Galaxy RIGHT NOW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006

Gobblecoque posted:

How are nerds playing this on Galaxy? It's telling me it doesn't unlock for another 52 minutes.

I'm as confused as you are but it's working for me. I did just buy the free DLC though. :D

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006
My version is v1.02. Is that the latest?

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006
Could someone tell me what version I should see when I launch the game to know that the patch is installed? Thanks.

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006
So I've got a weird technical issue that I think is being caused by The Witcher but I'm not 100% certain. After playing The Witcher through GoG for about 1 hour I'll hear this chime from outside the game (like a generic Windows chime) and after that, even though I can continuing playing the game, if I quit out of the game my PC returns to the desktop but is completely frozen. Mouse and keyboard are not functional. Right now this only appears to happen while playing The Witcher. I'm completely at a loss. I'm running Windows 10 with the latest chipset and sata drivers (P8P67 Pro Rev 3.1), latest video card drivers (GTX 970) and bios. Nothing in the Windows event viewer. I'm completely stumped.

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006

Rhaegar posted:

So I've got a weird technical issue that I think is being caused by The Witcher but I'm not 100% certain. After playing The Witcher through GoG for about 1 hour I'll hear this chime from outside the game (like a generic Windows chime) and after that, even though I can continuing playing the game, if I quit out of the game my PC returns to the desktop but is completely frozen. Mouse and keyboard are not functional. Right now this only appears to happen while playing The Witcher. I'm completely at a loss. I'm running Windows 10 with the latest chipset and sata drivers (P8P67 Pro Rev 3.1), latest video card drivers (GTX 970) and bios. Nothing in the Windows event viewer. I'm completely stumped.

Turns out this might be due to running the game in full screen mode. Didn't run into the issue when running borderless windowed mode. Anyone else run into this? Also, what's ultimately the difference between these two modes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006
So I just reached lvl 10 and haven't really spent a lot of my skill points yet. Can anyone point me to a good build that will allow me to get through the game pretty easily? I don't have a lot of time for games, but I'm loving the Witcher and would love to complete it in a reasonable time frame. I'm favoring sword play and signs at the moment so I'm looking for a good build that combines those. Perhaps more towards signs. Not interested in alchemy really. Would look at crossbows if that was viable.