Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's our boy?
This poll is closed.
Roy's our boy! 23 19.83%
Roy's our boy! 7 6.03%
Roy's our boy! 14 12.07%
Woaaahhhh! Yea-uuh! 72 62.07%
Total: 116 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
Yo Endorph, you might find it easier to take recordings of what you play (it looks like you're not considering that not every screen is doing what you want it to) and then use avspmod for screenshots since you can go through frame by frame. You shouldn't be getting such massive pngs for this game. Also that'll let you make gifs as well :v:

On topic, I don't understand why fan translations insist on Milady for this either, because it just sounds loving weird in English. She's also probably one of my favourite wyverns in the GBA games, just because of design.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!

The Iron Rose posted:

Milady's closer to the original japanese apparently.

This is a terrible rationalization for a badly localized name, when the original Japanese can be spelled in about 4 different ways in English.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!

Onmi posted:

It's as simple as popping into FEditor and making the change. I don't blame Gringe for what he did, one of the most infamous wars on Serenes was over the name for Samto in FE12, I believe it was Arch who pointed out that his name had no meaning and at the time they had no real localization for it (Samuto is basically what it literally is) and Arch suggested that he instead be called Virgil, since it was a 'cool' name. In any normal world, this would not have been a big deal, in loving Serenes it basically lead to a war. Anyone trying to edit names of anything got you poo poo on hard.

Samto wasn't in fact the guy the Virgil shitstorm happened over. It was Belf, who Blazer in particular wanted a namechange for because it sounded a lot like "barf" to him. Samto had a pretty big debate over him too, as did Sheema for some reason, but never team-destroyingly bad. IIRC Arch retired from the translation team because of the mess surrounding it, but I'm not 100% sure on the details because it was a couple of months before my time.

• Locked thread