Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

this game is actually pretty sick even though dantes a little bit lamer. it has a cool atmosphere and the gameplay is good. plus it has a fuckin badass bitchin combchrist soundtrack!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
why dont people like it

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

It's poo poo, op.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

What is, your posting?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

It's a bad game and the very last thing the credits do is flip off the player.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

I.N.R.I posted:

why dont people like it

Idk cause they made Dante sexier or something.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

It's a bad game and the very last thing the credits do is flip off the player.

I would like to keep this thread spoiler-free.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I.N.R.I posted:

why dont people like it

as far as i can tell, they were dumb. but the new version has a lot of slick modes and plays 20% faster with a more player friendly combo multiplyer formula so maybe they had a point before it came out but not anymore? idk.

Mr.Fahrenheit
Dec 27, 2012

HORMELCHILI posted:

What is, your posting?

don't diss my homie Evil Eagle you piece of poo poo

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I thought it was okay overall.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

R.I.P. Jam Master Jay

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Occupy Demon Wall Street. Knock that can of demon drink out the hands of children.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

DmC is a great game if you can get past the awful level design, poor combat mechanics, badly thought out enemies, and constant platforming padding. Vergil is pretty fun even if his quest reuses a stage almost literally 1 for 1.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
the part where the guy kills a fetus with a rifle is really funny... and thats the only part of the game i know about so i cant comment on it. thanks op for the rthread.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

THE PENETRATOR posted:

the part where the guy kills a fetus with a rifle is really funny... and thats the only part of the game i know about so i cant comment on it. thanks op for the rthread.

tbf that was a demon baby and just killing the mother would not be enough

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

THE PENETRATOR posted:

Same here. i own it cuz it was a ps plus game a few months ago and played it for about 10 minutes. the game seems funny and the cutscenes were ridiculous but it was another boring action game where you just spam square a bunch or whatever and I turned it after the first fight tutorial

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

frank.club posted:

tbf that was a demon baby and just killing the mother would not be enough
It took that rifle that hit like a .50 Cal to clear a huge hole in her, and the second shot merely passed through her head.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oL29x7Reh8

also, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPKHxbOg19s

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
in retrospect, I remembered those as being funnier than they actually are.

sorry, all.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

PleasingFungus posted:

in retrospect, I remembered those as being funnier than they actually are.

sorry, all.

this one's good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFLUE2kdemE

Mush Man
Jun 25, 2010

Nintendo announces Frolf means Frog Golf.
Oven Wrangler

I.N.R.I posted:

why dont people like it

There was some controversy before release and a lot of people didn't actually play it.

SleepySonata
Mar 3, 2010

Mush Man posted:

There was some controversy before release and a lot of people didn't actually play it.

I had very little interest in another DmC after 4 disappointed me.

Scalding Coffee posted:

Occupy Demon Wall Street. Knock that can of demon drink out the hands of children.

I didn't really want any part in that. especially after having to actually walk through that crowd of unwashed filth to get into my high school.

The game is a combat driven action platformer and everyone who has played it and told me about it has said one or more of these elements is piss poor but...

no. no buts your game is poo poo and I don't need to spend money to figure that out. Hell even the OP has a loving concession that dante sucks.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

SleepySonata posted:

I had very little interest in another DmC after 4 disappointed me.

I didn't really want any part in that. especially after having to actually walk through that crowd of unwashed filth to get into my high school.

The game is a combat driven action platformer and everyone who has played it and told me about it has said one or more of these elements is piss poor but...

no. no buts your game is poo poo and I don't need to spend money to figure that out. Hell even the OP has a loving concession that dante sucks.
Look at this post you wrote. Look at it.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

FactsAreUseless posted:

Gahhh!

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

FactsAreUseless posted:

im starting to think none of the posts in this forum are good

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

elf help book posted:

Just a repeat of that Metroid thread full of terrible jokes.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

elf help book posted:

The wrestling thread is okay

Nuage
Jan 21, 2005

HORMELCHILI posted:

Idk cause they made Dante sexier or something.

No it's the other way around, hth.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Scalding Coffee posted:

It took that rifle that hit like a .50 Cal to clear a huge hole in her, and the second shot merely passed through her head.

that's the double tap it's part of the basics

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
they slapped the Devil May Cry name, a series known for some of the best hi-skill-ceiling technical brawler gameplay ever, onto a mediocre-to-boring action game with "No gently caress YOU Dad!!!" writing

its saving grace is some of the neat art design things going on in a few of the levels

basically

Barudak posted:

DmC is a great game if you can get past the awful level design, poor combat mechanics, badly thought out enemies, and constant platforming padding.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

I can get past all of those things, because im not a fickle little BITCH!!! Im a solid loving gamer.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

HORMELCHILI posted:

I can get past all of those things, because im not a fickle little BITCH!!! Im a solid loving gamer.

yesterday you said mario is for babies so i think your brain is rotted out, sorry

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

DmC manages to have some of the worst regular enemy design in the series which is impressive coming after DMC3.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

elf help book posted:

yesterday you said mario is for babies so i think your brain is rotted out, sorry

What the gently caress i thought you wer ekidding but then

HORMELCHILI posted:

Golf is for old men, and mario is for babies. Sorry but it sounds like youre pretty confused and should go to a therapist or something.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I dont recognize this new America anymore

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Idk why he's making fun f Mario golf when he plays golf in GTAV and dresses up his character in fancy clothes to hit the greens. Seems like he would enjoy a proper golf game

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Idk why he's making fun f Mario golf when he plays golf in GTAV and dresses up his character in fancy clothes to hit the greens. Seems like he would enjoy a proper golf game

because he's a debased human being

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

is the sniper abortion still in the enhanced edition?

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!
i had no attachment to the other games and thought dmc was pretty alright until i started having to swap weapon types after like every hit because of all the changing enemy properties and it was loving annoying

like it was an okay idea but it started being everywhere instead of just applying to certain elite enemies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

if you like this game you should also check out alice: madness returns

• Locked thread