Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
My brother is taking a four-week trip to Nicaragua. The first two weeks are a school trip, and are covered by his university (USF's) travel insurance. My mom is trying to figure out insurance for him for the second half, and asked me to ask y'all some questions:

quote:

• What are the best plans for a 2 week trip in Nicaragua for a 20 year old?
  • Are there any plans that pay emergency medical bills upfront? Is it a good idea to get this in Nicaragua?
  • What is the difference between primary and secondary payer for medical expenses?
  • Are the travel assistance programs really at all helpful?

Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saladman
Jan 12, 2010

atomicthumbs posted:

My brother is taking a four-week trip to Nicaragua. The first two weeks are a school trip, and are covered by his university (USF's) travel insurance. My mom is trying to figure out insurance for him for the second half, and asked me to ask y'all some questions:

Thanks!

Not to be a dick, but there's another thread on the front page of this sub-forum with exactly the same title as yours: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3720475

Just piggyback onto that. I've been following this forum fairly regularly for the past 4 years and I don't think I've ever seen travel insurance come up before, or if it has, it's just been in some other megathread.

• Locked thread