Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sethimothy
Nov 1, 2006

Nyu for 1d4 points of damage
I'm surprised how many people seem to be really hitting Frontier Hunter. You'd think this game would be dying down just enough to the point where you could get HR+3 or HR+4 without gemming, but... it appears not.

Anyone on here been able to break 2M on Terminus yet? Not that it matters (I know a lot of people prefer to run End) but I keep feeling like there should be a way to get 3M, maybe even 4M, and my current team isn't doing that. Then again, it's hard to tell when people are saying they got a certain score and they're just bragging because they have no other hobby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

At least there's nothing much else to do right now. It's a nice sphere, one of those ones that gives stats without being classed as a stat sphere. Still dumb as hell though.

e:meaning the BE sphere crafting

I think last FH I managed to just barely pull off +3 and I never use gems for that, so maybe it is dying down a bit at least until higher ranks appear. I'm four off rank 50 though so I might just do my usual hardly bother to get +2 for the next couple ones

McDragon fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Nov 17, 2016

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Evil Fluffy posted:

It's kinda funny that that is what might make you stop playing and not, you know, the FFBE collab sphere that takes 360 fragments (plus other mats) to craft, when only 1-2 seem to drop from the farmable stages. Literally 4-5 days of only grinding that during the half stam vortex period. :suicide:

I've already been basically logging in when I remember to, doing a couple small things and then logging off already. FH has been one mainstay that I have at least somewhat enjoyed, but I'm probably just burnt out at this point.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

So I can't seem to get a high enough score on the Frontier Hunter last area to get that Elgif no matter what I do? Anybody else willing to mention what they're doing to hit?

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

LornMarkus posted:

So I can't seem to get a high enough score on the Frontier Hunter last area to get that Elgif no matter what I do? Anybody else willing to mention what they're doing to hit?

My team was Avant Lead, Ciara (elemental buffer/BBAtk buffer), Sakura Miku (crit buffer), Vern (spark buffer), Rise (nuke), Avant friend. Popped Fujins on Ciara/Miku/Vern/Avant, popped an Attack Elixir, autobattled the entire thing until the last stage, which was.. its own little weird beast.

I figure other characters in similar roles can do just as well if you have them, the only really important part was Dual Avants.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

KataraniSword posted:

My team was Avant Lead, Ciara (elemental buffer/BBAtk buffer), Sakura Miku (crit buffer), Vern (spark buffer), Rise (nuke), Avant friend. Popped Fujins on Ciara/Miku/Vern/Avant, popped an Attack Elixir, autobattled the entire thing until the last stage, which was.. its own little weird beast.

I figure other characters in similar roles can do just as well if you have them, the only really important part was Dual Avants.

Sadly I don't have an Avant or Miku of my own but I managed to make it work by subbing in a combo of Azurai and Felice. Thanks for the help.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
So okay, I dunno what to ask as my free unit. Anyone got an idea of what I should ask for and why? Goin down the list of poo poo I got:

Avant
Krantz
Ciara
Lauda (Main lead for most stuff)
Sirius (Replaced by Lauda?)
Zelnite
Quaid
Elza
Rengaku
Shura
Lara
Alice
Mariela
Azami

My immediate guess is like... Melord or Azurai? Melord for converts that I don't have, and Azurai for overall super strong leader?

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Servaetes posted:

So okay, I dunno what to ask as my free unit. Anyone got an idea of what I should ask for and why? Goin down the list of poo poo I got:

Avant
Krantz
Ciara
Lauda (Main lead for most stuff)
Sirius (Replaced by Lauda?)
Zelnite
Quaid
Elza
Rengaku
Shura
Lara
Alice
Mariela
Azami

My immediate guess is like... Melord or Azurai? Melord for converts that I don't have, and Azurai for overall super strong leader?

You could also ask what would be best for the thing you're most interested in playing. I grabbed Layla because I wanted a strong 5* Healer to take into 3rd Arc, for example.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Likely eventual future content that uses omnis, so raids, FG, that kinda jazz. I've got a barrage of random 5* stuff that should fit for the Summoner arc just fine, like a 5* Charla, Krantz, Avant, Libera, Dolk, etc.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
I'll probably go with Overlord Azurai because I have so much other poo poo that I already don't use I'm not sure what else I'd pick from the available units.

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007
If you're having a hard time getting enough points in Terminus, one thing to do is delay killing the units on stages 1, 4, and 5. Additional enemies pop on the second turn allowing you to rack up more points!

Battle 1 - Sera, Lin comes in on turn 2
-Note: Sera and Lin leave battle on turn 5
Battle 2 - Korzan, Haile, Avani, Allanon, Nyami
Battle 3 - Will, Dolk, Laberd
Battle 4 - Eriole, Tesla. Noah and Elise are summoned on turn 2
Battle 5 - Grahdens, Owen. Karl, Seria, and Lugina are summoned on turn 2
Battle 6 - Tilith, transforms into Paris when she hits 0% HP. Paris departs on her second turn.

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010

Now the real grinding begins.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

burntpork posted:

Oh, thanks for the reminder, I didn't notice you needed two of the previous spheres.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

burntpork posted:

Finished mine yesterday. Thank god for the autobattle feature because there's no way I'd ever even consider doing this poo poo manually.

Apparently the 30% damage reduction has a 40% chance to trigger too, so the sphere is really solid. I ended up putting mine on Galthier for now along with a Beiorg Armor. Should also be handy to put on something like Kaiser Burny whenever I go back to the summoner arc stuff.

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010

Evil Fluffy posted:

Finished mine yesterday. Thank god for the autobattle feature because there's no way I'd ever even consider doing this poo poo manually.

Apparently the 30% damage reduction has a 40% chance to trigger too, so the sphere is really solid. I ended up putting mine on Galthier for now along with a Beiorg Armor. Should also be handy to put on something like Kaiser Burny whenever I go back to the summoner arc stuff.

Which level did you end up farming to get all those courage fragments? I can 1 shot the baddie from level 3, but that's not very auto battle friendly since I need to use ubb.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

burntpork posted:

Which level did you end up farming to get all those courage fragments? I can 1 shot the baddie from level 3, but that's not very auto battle friendly since I need to use ubb.

I just farmed stage 2. Veritas is unfun as hell and I still actually need to put together a STSBB group to go back and kill him since my 1 turn KO attempts all ended poorly.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Servaetes posted:

Melord, Azurai, and Zekt are all really solid choices; Azurai is probably the one that would see the most use, though, since even if you don't use him in your normal questing/trial-ing, he's a beast in Colosseum.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Finally finished the Aegis farming. Still need to get a bunch more for the Patriot though.

But for now, kick the poo poo out of Gilnea until he drops.

sethimothy
Nov 1, 2006

McDragon posted:

Finally finished the Aegis farming. Still need to get a bunch more for the Patriot though.

But for now, kick the poo poo out of Gilnea until he drops.

I was a complete idiot about this. I finished Patriot, and then was like "I'll never use any of these ingredients again, and need to clear some space, I'll just delete all these..."

Feeling like an idiot now. :/

Anyone have a rough idea about how often Gilnea drops? Run the darn thing about 20 times and nothing yet.

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007
When it was first released it had a 3% drop rate on Lv 1, and 5% on Lv 2. Enjoy!

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

I think I've had that unit since it was originally introduced and it's just as much dead weight now as it was then.

sethimothy
Nov 1, 2006

Poala Bear posted:

When it was first released it had a 3% drop rate on Lv 1, and 5% on Lv 2. Enjoy!

Set it on auto for 4 tries, came back, there it was. Lord type Gilneas. Now to get the stuff needed to evolve it so that it's useful.

Oh wait.

Well, Zellha got an Omni for some reason, maybe Gilneas will get one. And maybe we'll start getting free gems again.

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007
Nah, Gilnea is a pure trophy unit. This is back from Alim days on the JP server. He'll almost never get upgraded. He's just pretty.

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010
So, the final 2 FFE collaboration are pretty good just like Rain and Fina. Laswell is a straight upgrade from omni Rize, so he'll get you more points in FH if that's what you're into.

Lid, in that other hand, straight up challenges Azurai in team comps.

quote:

Leader Skill: Genius Technician

50% boost to max HP and Atk, 30% boost to critical hit rate, greatly boosts BB Atk, hugely boosts critical damage & enormously boosts BC, HC, Zel, Karma, and Item drop rates

250% BB Atk, 150% Crit damage, 25% BC/HC, 100% Zel, 15% Karma & 5% Item

Extra Skill: The Next Cid

Adds critical hit rate boost effect to BB/SBB for 3 turns, adds Water, Earth, Thunder elements to BB/SBB for 3 turns & negates Spark damage

60% boost

Brave Burst: Galvanized Mallet

[Offense]

20 combo powerful Thunder attack on all foes, fixed damage Thunder attack on all foes, considerably boosts BB Atk for 3 turns & probable Paralysis, Weak counter added to self for 3 turns

Fixed 1337 damage, 280% BB Atk & 75% chance to reflect ailments

Super BB: Shocking Impact

[Offense]

30 combo powerful Thunder attack on all foes, hugely boosts BB Atk for 3 turns, boosts critical damage for 3 turns, damage taken may slightly restore HP for 3 turns & hugely boosts own Atk and slightly reduces own Def, Rec for 2 turns

350% BB Atk, 50% crit damage, 30% chance to heal 15-20% damage & 200% Atk and 30% Def, Rec reduction

Ultimate BB: Voltage Condult

[Offense]

32 combo massive Thunder attack on all foes, enormously boosts BB Atk for 3 turns, enormously boosts critical damage for 3 turns, enormously boosts OD gauge fill rate for 5 turns & adds all elements to attack for 3 turns

600% BB Atk, 300% crit & OD fill rate

She also gets SP options to increase her bb buff (+100%), crit damage buff (+50%), and bb when attacked (4-7 bc). :wtc:

burntpork fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Nov 24, 2016

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Did they seriously give her a tacked on 1337 damage hit at the end of her BB?

Classy and cutting-edge, guys.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Yeah, I was after Gilnea mainly because I missed out the first time and also it was a really tough dungeon at the time and I wanted revenge. Also I seem to remember his animations being funny so I want a full set of five because I am an idiot

But on the actually useful side, Keymaster's Eclipse can also drop Mifune (and all his pals) and it seems kind of generous on those so everyone should probably grab some of him. I'm using them for SP though.

Also if they're going for fixed damage numbers somebody has to have a 80085 damage one at some point

sethimothy
Nov 1, 2006

McDragon posted:

Also if they're going for fixed damage numbers somebody has to have a 80085 damage one at some point

Probably Holia's next evolution will have this.

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010
It's here..

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

burntpork posted:

It's here..

I for one expected her to look even more like a christmas tree.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

burntpork posted:

It's here..

:bisonyes:

Wonder what her SP options will be like. Increasing her SBB's element buff to 3 turns would be largely worthless. Mitigation would be potentially OP as hell, though something like BC on hit or BC efficacy would be handy for the party. Maybe leadership xp boosts like Zelnite but it'd be a waste on her tbh.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Can you imagine if they didn't give her another gate? I'm pretty sure they will, but it would be kinda funny to see the fallout from it.

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010
I hope they make her into a bb management monster.

sethimothy
Nov 1, 2006

This Courage Aegis sphere grind is brutal. Got both bucklers made, and only 13 Heaven's Ash away from my first shield! Only 70 courage fragments away from having all of those I need!

. . . I'm not even sure why I'm going after this thing, but so help me, I'll be done with it as soon as I can be and then I can move on to other content I haven't done.

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007
Arus, Shera, Belfura, and Ragshelm are the next group to get Omni Evo forms in JP BF....

But also...

Four Fallen Gods will be featured in a new trial. Beating the trial will give you OMNI MOCK UNITS OF THE FALLEN GODS

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010
Doesn't that make Belfura one of the only units not to have a 7*evolution that gets an omni? They could make her bb/sbb kit into anything since she didn't have much to begin with.

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007

burntpork posted:

Doesn't that make Belfura one of the only units not to have a 7*evolution that gets an omni? They could make her bb/sbb kit into anything since she didn't have much to begin with.

Belfura had a 7* pretty sure. (I was thinking of Lucina, another water unit.) But even she didn't, she wouldn't be the first. Mifune went from 6* to Omni, and just recent Zellha did as well.

Belfura had +70% Spark on LS, and her BB/SBB did Attk/Def debuffs. She was pretty mediocre then.

Lore wise, Ragshelm (and Borgeus) was defeated by Arus and co, so for Omni form, Ragshelm could have beaten Arus, Priscilla, Belfura, and Shera. And because she didn't need to "protect her friends in Ishgria" Shera did not unlock her "Disciple powers" (her eyes are back to being white in the Omni art).

Poala Bear fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Nov 29, 2016

sethimothy
Nov 1, 2006

For those of you who are on the 3rd Arc in quest mode, at what point Summoner Arts level wise do you think it is feasible to jump from 4* units to 5* or even 6*? I mean, on the one hand, I'm really kind of surprised how far I made it with my fully imped, dual-sphered Lotan (Yes, that trash unit you might have used when you played the game 3 years ago and didn't have enough cost for anything better) because that poison proc'd just enough to make things work and the low gauge cost meant it filled pretty frequently, often every attack. I switched over to Heins and even though his mitigation is arguably far more useful, his BB gauge fills at half the rate which makes it difficult to have him mitigate every turn. Honestly, I'm less concerned about the hit to stats and more concerned about the hit to the BB gauge, but I was wondering if there was a level where it starts making since to use the higher level units?

Also, maybe I'm an idiot (I probably AM an idiot) but even though the summoner arts chart suggests there is a point where EX skills can be learned for different elements, I don't see anywhere on the leveling chart for what is unlocked and can be unlocked where these skills actually get unlocked, which means I'm missing something or they simply don't get unlocked?

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

sethimothy posted:

For those of you who are on the 3rd Arc in quest mode, at what point Summoner Arts level wise do you think it is feasible to jump from 4* units to 5* or even 6*? I mean, on the one hand, I'm really kind of surprised how far I made it with my fully imped, dual-sphered Lotan (Yes, that trash unit you might have used when you played the game 3 years ago and didn't have enough cost for anything better) because that poison proc'd just enough to make things work and the low gauge cost meant it filled pretty frequently, often every attack. I switched over to Heins and even though his mitigation is arguably far more useful, his BB gauge fills at half the rate which makes it difficult to have him mitigate every turn. Honestly, I'm less concerned about the hit to stats and more concerned about the hit to the BB gauge, but I was wondering if there was a level where it starts making since to use the higher level units?

Also, maybe I'm an idiot (I probably AM an idiot) but even though the summoner arts chart suggests there is a point where EX skills can be learned for different elements, I don't see anywhere on the leveling chart for what is unlocked and can be unlocked where these skills actually get unlocked, which means I'm missing something or they simply don't get unlocked?

Currently they don't but eventually they'll probably be available. Right now we've got Forty levels per element but when it was only the first world available there was only 20. So during the first world you straight up could never use Omni units because that just wasn't in the unlock options at that time. So yeah, eventually if you hammer away at the same element you'll get to Ex Skill unlocks, but it won't be until the third world gets released at bare minimum, and even then that'll probably only be for 4* and maybe 5* at the top.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

The summoner arc just feels like the worst kind of unfun grindy bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Evil Fluffy posted:

The summoner arc just feels like the worst kind of unfun grindy bullshit.

I'm still poking away at it, but yeah, it feels a bit like they went too far on the path of "take away all the power creep." Like I see the idea, but the problem is that you're left with so incredibly few levers with which to actual succeed, especially since avatar level gaining is insanely slow. When you couple that with friend summons only being other players Avatars you get to where I'm at, where I see a sea of people around my level (which doesn't seem good enough) and a rare few here and there who are double that because they presumably whaled out on experience potions or some such.

• Locked thread