Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

TARDISman posted:

I am so excited. My Colt just became my first 6* with a random Honor Summon I did for reasons passing understanding.

I want to get him to 7*, but I don't know if my team can hold out against the Mecha dungeons, about what should my average team... star level(?) be for that?

Less about what * and more about having a few key units. Mitigation is a must, if you don't have any mitigators let me know here and I'll put up Shera. You'll need healing as well, and status immunity wouldn't hurt either (Kanon has you sorted for that). With mitigation up you'll need around 6k HP to survive the worst AoE rounds (mecha gods wig the gently caress out at 50% it seems). If you do have a mitigator then I'll put up my Diana or Lilly Matah, as most mecha gods use a tonne of AoE you'll have an easier time maintaining BB. Just remember that if you can't mitigate that turn, guard with anyone squishy or at low HP. If you're running Diana/Matah friend, guard everyone.

It'll take a dozen or two turns to chip away at them and kill them. Come into the last round with full BB gauges and make liberal use of defensive items. Definitely have some revives handy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

nightwisher posted:

Less about what * and more about having a few key units. Mitigation is a must, if you don't have any mitigators let me know here and I'll put up Shera. You'll need healing as well, and status immunity wouldn't hurt either (Kanon has you sorted for that). With mitigation up you'll need around 6k HP to survive the worst AoE rounds (mecha gods wig the gently caress out at 50% it seems). If you do have a mitigator then I'll put up my Diana or Lilly Matah, as most mecha gods use a tonne of AoE you'll have an easier time maintaining BB. Just remember that if you can't mitigate that turn, guard with anyone squishy or at low HP. If you're running Diana/Matah friend, guard everyone.

It'll take a dozen or two turns to chip away at them and kill them. Come into the last round with full BB gauges and make liberal use of defensive items. Definitely have some revives handy.

I've got a 5* Matah at near max, probably going to max her this week, going to evolve my Rowgen, he's got hilarious single target damage potential, moreso if he's boosted. I'm thinking for the others, Colt, and if I can swing it, Tower Tesla and your Shera for frequent mitigation, or is that overkill?

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

goldjas posted:

Is Kanon's leader passive good enough to make him my leader instead of Rina? I've been using Rina's leader passive for full lightning team synergy but full status immunity sounds insanely useful.

Status immunity LSes will get you through pretty much the entirety of the normal Quest mode as well as a decent chunk of medium-difficulty vortex stages. In addition, it's all but mandatory for Trials and certain GGCs.

Curse and Paralysis are literally fight-enders, and poison/injury/weakness are highly inconvenient when they hit.

In addition, a rainbow team doesn't have to worry about going up against bad elemental pairings in the same way a mono-type team does, and a LS like Kanon's lets you run rainbow with no major drawbacks.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

TARDISman posted:

I've got a 5* Matah at near max, probably going to max her this week, going to evolve my Rowgen, he's got hilarious single target damage potential, moreso if he's boosted. I'm thinking for the others, Colt, and if I can swing it, Tower Tesla and your Shera for frequent mitigation, or is that overkill?

No such thing as overkill for mecha gods, they're genuinely tough encounters. Two mitigators almost guarantee's constant mitigation uptime.

I've got Shera up with Lexida and SBB unlocked. Try to keep her BB mitigation up each turn, her SBB boosts Atk in addition to mitigation so use that whenever you get the chance.

edit: If i'm not on your helper list when you go to do the dungeon, use the refresh trick to refresh your list of helpers. There's two ways to do it: If you have Trial 1 completed, simply start it again (reruns of completed Trials cost 0 energy) and quit out immediately. Do this until the friend you want shows up. The other way is to do Start Of Adventure (3 energy) and quit out of it, however that costs energy so isn't as spammable.

nightwisher fucked around with this message at 02:21 on May 19, 2015

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I got a Fire Witch Ulkina I've been using which has made my auto-battle quests infinitely more reliable with a big fat heal BB. It occurs to me that heal/utility BBs might actually be a thing people actively search for. Judging from the last few posts I'm probably right but now I'm curious who I should keep an eye out for?

I've done maybe 10 rare summon pulls now and while I can't hope to max out every rare pull I have I'd like to be able to identify any stand outs so i can make sure to use them.

The only rainbow door I've seen is colt but I don't know if there are useful notable pulls other than rainbow door stuff.

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth
If any new players have tried to send me a friend request (Serafine) recently, but got the response that I was full, I just cleared out 4-5 inactive players, so feel free to try me again (7392580857)

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

Agent355 posted:

I got a Fire Witch Ulkina I've been using which has made my auto-battle quests infinitely more reliable with a big fat heal BB. It occurs to me that heal/utility BBs might actually be a thing people actively search for. Judging from the last few posts I'm probably right but now I'm curious who I should keep an eye out for?

I've done maybe 10 rare summon pulls now and while I can't hope to max out every rare pull I have I'd like to be able to identify any stand outs so i can make sure to use them.

The only rainbow door I've seen is colt but I don't know if there are useful notable pulls other than rainbow door stuff.

Ulkina/Elmedia are great autobattle healers because both their BB and SBB are heal + status immunity. You'll find that a bunch of common leaders give status null and most often some form of heal (Rin, Luka, Rigness, Ulkina etc). People don't run them as leaders that often though as they're somewhat underwhelming compared to other options, but if you really badly need one put a request in here and hopefully someone can accommodate.

This is what you're looking for

(almost) Complete list and rating of every rare summon unit and most of the free ones. This will give you a decent idea of where units stand in terms of long term usefulness and viability. All the rainbow door means is that the unit will be 5* or better, you could still pull a 6* Dean from a rainbow door.

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

TARDISman posted:

I am so excited. My Colt just became my first 6* with a random Honor Summon I did for reasons passing understanding.

I want to get him to 7*, but I don't know if my team can hold out against the Mecha dungeons, about what should my average team... star level(?) be for that?

Should average 6* unless you have some very specific units (mix of mitigation, healing, status immune, high hp ideally), then you may be able to do it with a mix of 5 and 6 stars. The mecha gods output a lot of damage.

echofriendly
May 25, 2007

It don't mean butt
if it ain't got that jutt.
new guys should probably fill one of these http://dewey.zapto.org/index.php
maybe put a column on the spreadsheet OP?

echofriendly fucked around with this message at 05:02 on May 19, 2015

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
I'll do that.

that tool was linked a few weeks ago and the consensus was that it's decent but definitely lacks a lot of usability features. It's better than people having to type out their own lists though. Still mindboggling that there's no good app for it already.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I think i dun hosed up. Sorry dude.

Anyway here is what I got.

http://dewey.zapto.org/index.php?id=nYMMDD0C

Agent355 fucked around with this message at 04:40 on May 19, 2015

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Paper Kaiju posted:

If any new players have tried to send me a friend request (Serafine) recently, but got the response that I was full, I just cleared out 4-5 inactive players, so feel free to try me again (7392580857)

Same, kicked a bunch of inactives with bad leaders.

nightwisher posted:

This is what you're looking for

(almost) Complete list and rating of every rare summon unit and most of the free ones. This will give you a decent idea of where units stand in terms of long term usefulness and viability. All the rainbow door means is that the unit will be 5* or better, you could still pull a 6* Dean from a rainbow door.

Tiers are good enough to go off of but they aren't perfect. IE: It still lists Tridon as metagame defining but his 'fix' has ruined him for the hard content where you'd actually want a damage shield.

KataraniSword posted:

Status immunity LSes will get you through pretty much the entirety of the normal Quest mode as well as a decent chunk of medium-difficulty vortex stages. In addition, it's all but mandatory for Trials and certain GGCs.

Curse and Paralysis are literally fight-enders, and poison/injury/weakness are highly inconvenient when they hit.

In addition, a rainbow team doesn't have to worry about going up against bad elemental pairings in the same way a mono-type team does, and a LS like Kanon's lets you run rainbow with no major drawbacks.

Running a 2+ element booster (Lucca, Eve, Sybil sisters...etc) lets you not worry about elements too much as well since if you're hitting with 2 or more elements you're never going to do reduced damage.

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 04:45 on May 19, 2015

echofriendly
May 25, 2007

It don't mean butt

Agent355 posted:

the 5 summons closest to the bottom of the list would make an okay team. you need someone who "reduces damage by half" (mitigation) on their BB.
kuhla is your bc gen. ultor is your atk buf, semira is a specialty summon who is useful for debuffing. ulkina heals and removes status ailments(becomes very important)

also, filling that thing out is super easy :smugteddie: http://dewey.zapto.org/index.php?id=xDJcg6jG is my phones list

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

Evil Fluffy posted:

Tiers are good enough to go off of but they aren't perfect. IE: It still lists Tridon as metagame defining but his 'fix' has ruined him for the hard content where you'd actually want a damage shield.

Very true, the list hasn't been regularly updated in about a month or so, though someone did at least slot in the new units. I think it's more useful as a general guide to figuring out where units stand roughly. I think Tridon's shield is still a meta-defining element but only against mono thunder elements and only if that doesn't mean Tridon will get nuked during shield downtime. It does have the advantage of being ignored by %HP attacks, so it can allow you to survive some attacks that would require 75% mitigation + guarding.

Is it still possible to get a Guardian Cloak? I want to dual sphere my Rowgen with it and Stealth Robe and cheese the poo poo outta Maxwell. For those not in the know, stealth robe makes the unit untargetable when under 50% HP, while the cloak boosts DEF by 360% when below 35% HP. You run a team to kill abaddon, then the second squad is just whatever (except anything that boosts HC or healing) you want + Rowgen. Let everyone die and get Rowgen under 50% HP. Once that happens, Maxwell stops using her skills altogether and just does normal attacks, which will do 1 damage once you hit 35%. Rowgen's SBB is infinite, single target and a single hit, which means you rarely ever produce HC. This is important because if you go back over 50% she'll nuke the gently caress out of you. Otherwise, she does nothing. No Sacred Song, no Rune, no Endless/Destiny.

nightwisher fucked around with this message at 05:07 on May 19, 2015

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Agent355 posted:

Colt - Leader and crit buffer
Kuhla - atk buffer and some BB regen
Ulkina - heals and stats removal/block
Semira - status affliction
Ultor - atk buff and taunt which is handy for some fights

Zellha's alright for her high hit count with her SBB but eh it's nothing to focus on really. I'd run a team of the above 5 as your focus and once you get a damage mitigation unit get them leveled to use when necessary. Oulu would be ideal for when their 7* comes out here in a month or two, and Darvanshell would be nice otherwise since he can also help with some defense buffing though Oulu's the best for it at the cost of not having any BB/SBB offense until their 7* form.

I'd save your gems for when we get a rate up with at least 1, ideally 2-3 damage mitigation units with a rate up.

echofriendly
May 25, 2007

It don't mean butt
Tridon is the most polarizing summon.

I'd put him in the useful gimmick column and the hp buff LS column.

Guardian Cloak plz. :(

echofriendly fucked around with this message at 05:19 on May 19, 2015

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice

nightwisher posted:

Ulkina/Elmedia are great autobattle healers because both their BB and SBB are heal + status immunity.

Ulkina's SBB doesn't heal which kinda sucks for autobattling. If you need her to heal during autobattle maybe don't unlock her SBB early on. There really isn't a dedicated healers who's SBB burst heals. Elmedia's is HoT which is usually fine. Arius has a burst heal SBB but he's not really a healer. That unit is still such an oddball. Really once you get further into the game you don't even need a healer for autobattling. I'm running the last map with nothing but heavy hitters and Kanon for status null and I've never had any issues.

Edit: Also if you follow this to a tee for Maxwell it will be a piece of cake. No gimmicks really needed. Just make sure you also follow the HP markers for his threshold attacks. Don't follow the "rules" until Maxwell actually shows up. Just count turns starting with Juggernaut.

Trebek fucked around with this message at 05:40 on May 19, 2015

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

echofriendly posted:

Tridon is the most polarizing summon.

I'd put him in the useful gimmick column and the hp buff LS column.

Guardian Cloak plz. :(

His shield can make you take more damage from big hits now and ends up being a liability (people were getting outright killed in Lugina's trial due to it). His HP LS doesn't make up for it. He might still be useful against Maxwell's trial for soaking the fixed damage hits.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
Another update was released, looks like more stuff for achievement store, GC, imp parade, some kind of arena? new element arena?

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Evil Fluffy posted:

His shield can make you take more damage from big hits now and ends up being a liability (people were getting outright killed in Lugina's trial due to it). His HP LS doesn't make up for it. He might still be useful against Maxwell's trial for soaking the fixed damage hits.

Fixed damage hits don't stop at the shield any more, they patched that out ages ago once they learned that people were using Tridon to cheap their way through Deadly End on Cardes's trial.

Tridon is pretty much useless thanks to his shields overwriting unit defense/typing for an entire round.

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice

KataraniSword posted:

Fixed damage hits don't stop at the shield any more, they patched that out ages ago once they learned that people were using Tridon to cheap their way through Deadly End on Cardes's trial.

Tridon is pretty much useless thanks to his shields overwriting unit defense/typing for an entire round.

Pretty sure it overwrites equipped spheres as well. He's garbage. *glares and my dual sphered max Tridon*

nightwisher posted:

Very true, the list hasn't been regularly updated in about a month or so, though someone did at least slot in the new units.

I actually kind of followed this in the reddit thread. There was like this whole audition process to name a new head editor of that thing and one was finally selected. Then the dude never updated it and deleted his account. Finally I think someone was able to take over and now he is asking people for advice on where to list units. It's not a bad list and I used it a lot when I first started but it's not exactly up to date.

Trebek fucked around with this message at 06:21 on May 19, 2015

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
Gumi releasing these achievement store updates piece by piece is basically Goku charging his Spirit Bomb. So much goddamn time filler.

edit: OP updated and a new banner

:siren::siren:siren: :siren::siren::siren:

bwahahahaha Deathmax (the guy who datamines the updates) posted that thread while driving, jesus christ

nightwisher fucked around with this message at 06:49 on May 19, 2015

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Apparently the data includes the 7* info for Kikuri and Sefia, and more GQ stuff that is going to be woefully out of date by the time we can run it. Karl's 6* form was amazing when it came out in Japan but it also came out before units like Rosetta, let alone 7* stuff.

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice
So they released Bonnie and Carol as global exclusives like 2 months ago, then just now decide to release their 6* forms when we already have 7* meta. And on top of that they are totally meh units. Gumi is the weirdest company in the world.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Trebek posted:

So they released Bonnie and Carol as global exclusives like 2 months ago, then just now decide to release their 6* forms when we already have 7* meta. And on top of that they are totally meh units. Gumi is the weirdest company in the world.

I really can't think of any response to this except to quote myself from the last thread:

KataraniSword posted:

Brave Frontier: Who Needs Content When You Have More Units?

I'll keep doing dailies because they're easy enough to grind through without effort, but I've devoted less and less attention to the game as of late.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

Trebek posted:

It would have been an iffy but tolerable move if they were free units, but making such underwhelming 6* for a rare summon released AFTER the Kira batch? Flat out stupid.

I like to think they have a schedule of how Global is supposed to be going and what we have is hilariously off-target. Raid literally took a year and a half to get working from when JP had it. I get that they're probably not doing as well as they were financially a year or two ago but they really need to switch gears and focus on content. They made a few good decisions recently with events so it's not like they're totally incapable of learning but holy poo poo are they dense.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

nightwisher posted:

Gumi releasing these achievement store updates piece by piece is basically Goku charging his Spirit Bomb. So much goddamn time filler.

edit: OP updated and a new banner

:siren::siren:siren: :siren::siren::siren:

bwahahahaha Deathmax (the guy who datamines the updates) posted that thread while driving, jesus christ

There was raid stuff in the game files about a year before raid was actually released, I wouldn't read too much into it.

Damegane
May 7, 2013

nightwisher posted:

It would have been an iffy but tolerable move if they were free units, but making such underwhelming 6* for a rare summon released AFTER the Kira batch? Flat out stupid.

I like to think they have a schedule of how Global is supposed to be going and what we have is hilariously off-target. Raid literally took a year and a half to get working from when JP had it. I get that they're probably not doing as well as they were financially a year or two ago but they really need to switch gears and focus on content. They made a few good decisions recently with events so it's not like they're totally incapable of learning but holy poo poo are they dense.

With a normal company, missing deadlines and extending the timeline just means extending the graph to the end of the whiteboard. With Gumi, they hang a roll of toilet paper at the end.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
^^^ I like to think it's more like a mobius strip ^^^

Kegslayer posted:

There was raid stuff in the game files about a year before raid was actually released, I wouldn't read too much into it.

If they're planning on releasing 7* Kikuri/Sefia they'd be completely mad to not release the store so that people can actually get the evo stone.

Which means they'll do exactly that and bring back the Legend Stone for 500BP offer.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

nightwisher posted:

If they're planning on releasing 7* Kikuri/Sefia they'd be completely mad to not release the store so that people can actually get the evo stone.

Which means they'll do exactly that and bring back the Legend Stone for 500BP offer.

"We brought Week 3 of our last offer back! Don't miss it this time! :downs:"

Damegane
May 7, 2013

nightwisher posted:

^^^ I like to think it's more like a mobius strip ^^^

KataraniSword posted:

"We brought Week 3 of our last offer back! Don't miss it this time! :downs:"

And then some guy trips over power cables at the server farm and they rollback a few week's worth of progress, so you can do week 3 again for real. Compensation, 3 metal keys, 1 jewel key, 1000 honour points, 5 of each honour ingredient, 1 gem, spread over the course of a week. Server dies again right before we get the gem.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
I totally forgot about that Fadahl I pulled earlier. Is he worth 7*ing? His wiki page makes him seem kinda meh, cool UBB skills are nice but you can only feasibly use it a few times in a battle across all your 7*s.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

nightwisher posted:

I totally forgot about that Fadahl I pulled earlier. Is he worth 7*ing? His wiki page makes him seem kinda meh, cool UBB skills are nice but you can only feasibly use it a few times in a battle across all your 7*s.

I've got him in my all light arena murder squad but other than that, I can't find a use for him at all even though he looks pretty cool. His UBB isn't as good as the other 7*s so I've never actually had a chance to use it.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
They finally merged SHS and SFRU into the one event, thank loving GOD. Was so bullshit to have them seperate by a week.

edit: I swear pulling one by one is way more effective than multi-summoning, last 25 single pulls were crystals, gods or burst frogs.

nightwisher fucked around with this message at 09:13 on May 19, 2015

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
lmfao they removed the easter 6* upgrade at the last minute and for reasons unknown removed eva's 5* evolution, as in you can't evolve her 4* at all :psyboom:

Gumi.

Maka
Mar 18, 2001

I had stopped buying gems awhile ago but for whatever reason I thought I'd give it a go last night and do 5 summons and pray for a Feeva...

5th summon. Rainbow door. Lord Feeva
*check Gift box*
Anima Claire

I really hate/love this game.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

Maka posted:

I had stopped buying gems awhile ago but for whatever reason I thought I'd give it a go last night and do 5 summons and pray for a Feeva...

5th summon. Rainbow door. Lord Feeva
*check Gift box*
Anima Claire

I really hate/love this game.

Congrats, both phenomal pulls!

Frontier Hunter is up! All you new people, this is a good chance to get some easy gems, spheres and other good stuff. I'll get something written up on it soon, already got it half done.

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice
Hell yeah time for me to go up +1 rank.

E: Woah is Virtue Stone new? Looks like a decent sphere. Slightly better (5%) than sol creator with a HC boost added in.

Do you guys generally prefer Shida still as a goon friend for FH or would Rosetta or Feeva be preferred?

Trebek fucked around with this message at 16:57 on May 19, 2015

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Nice OP, looks very detailed. Stuck my number on the new spreadsheet.

Frontier Hunter Terminus was surprisingly easy. Forgot a mitigator, kept expecting to be horribly blown up, but it never happened. Oh well, not going to complain about that. As long as I get my Imps and +2 rank, that's a successful FH for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Can't help but notice that Gumi seems to have almost completely stopped giving out gems as part of events like how PAD and everyone else does.

Trebek posted:

Yeah they've been pretty all over the place for awhile. It seems like they weren't/aren't bringing in the revenue they expected and are just bringing out content here whenever they feel like it. GQs had amazing units when they came out in Japan but stuff like Grahdens' and Karl's 6 star forms are pretty obsolete now. Grahdens would have a couple niche uses but once we can get Owen from raids he'll be a better leader 99% of the time because he's crit damage+stats instead of dark/light res+stats.

Trebek posted:

Hell yeah time for me to go up +1 rank.

E: Woah is Virtue Stone new? Looks like a decent sphere. Slightly better (5%) than sol creator with a HC boost added in.

Do you guys generally prefer Shida still as a goon friend for FH or would Rosetta or Feeva be preferred?

If you're one of my buddies Shida, since I never pulled one and we apparently still don't have the 6* Elgaia forms so I can't just run Lucana+Grahdens to cover all 6 elements.

Not sure if I want to bother trying for +3 FH rank so I can get Tesla, or just go with +2. Probably going to just do +2 since that sphere would be pretty nice on Rigness for the brief period he's going to continue seeing use until Kanon is 7* and SBB10 since he and Selene will cover all my aliment and healing needs. Looking at an eventual setup of Colt/Claire/Kanon/Selene/Darvanshell as my default team though Elimo will likely take Kanon's spot when we get her 7* form and Selene will get dropped for Lucca or something thing none of my 7* units have +atk buffs (don't feel like evolving Altro).

• Locked thread