Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Damegane
May 7, 2013
Went into terminus with an :effort: team of Colt, Claire, Shera, Sola, Madia, Feeva friend, didn't care whether I was doing 1 turn or 3 turn kills and still ended up with 1.68m points. 7* units are bloody ridiculous.

McDragon posted:

Nice OP, looks very detailed. Stuck my number on the new spreadsheet.

Frontier Hunter Terminus was surprisingly easy. Forgot a mitigator, kept expecting to be horribly blown up, but it never happened. Oh well, not going to complain about that. As long as I get my Imps and +2 rank, that's a successful FH for me.
Yeah I had a bad turn where I goofed and didn't mitigate, but even the more fragile team members Sola and Madia just tanked it and it didn't even take them below half their HP. Oddly non-threatening terminus this time round.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice
More like super jewel king summon.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Evil Fluffy posted:

If you're one of my buddies Shida, since I never pulled one and we apparently still don't have the 6* Elgaia forms so I can't just run Lucana+Grahdens to cover all 6 elements.

It still kind of pisses me off that I finally got a Shida right after I managed to get SBBs on the Ardin/Eve/Orna trio.

Oh well, they'll still see use this FH, since I can't get Shida to 6* and max his level and unlock SBB before it's over.

Trebek posted:

More like super jewel king summon.

I've managed to get a Lario, a Zephu, a Selena, a Lance, and two evolution items out of this SHS, which is really unusual for it. Usually I don't end up with the normal HS trash.

Too bad I have all the St. Lamia units and starters. :downs:

EDIT: I also seem to get nothing but Earth Gods/Crystals, both from SHS and SMP. I have practically all my Earth units maxed out, guys! I don't like wasting experience on non-matching types :argh:

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 19:04 on May 19, 2015

Tequila
Apr 16, 2002
DRIVE BY RANDOM TITLING! YOU MAY BE NEXT!
http://dewey.zapto.org/index.php?id=zpc6AUJi
This is what I have from a bunch of amazon coin fuckery a while back, no idea what I'm doing please help me make a decent team out of this clusterfuck.
Stars might be off a bit on some of these.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Tequila posted:

This is what I have from a bunch of amazon coin fuckery a while back, no idea what I'm doing please help me make a decent team out of this clusterfuck.

Selena or Atro are the starter units to focus on, for sure, though there's going to be a long lull before they're useful since they only really reach their stride at 7*. Shida is good for Frontier Hunter but not quite as good out of it, though there's always a niche for "So you want to hit EVERYONE'S elemental weakness? Go nuts!". Ciara's pretty good and the Easter unit will fill a hole, Elimo isn't quite that great now but will have a 7* evolution coming out "Soon (TM)" that will make her ludicrous so she's worth focusing attention on, Reeze is an okay leader what with a Null Status LS, but she won't do you much good outside of normal Quest mode.

Mostly you've got a decent smattering of mid/low tier gatcha trash, but the good thing is that even the crappiest Rare Summon trash is enough to get you through most of the Quest mode (hi, Will!) so you can push through that and try more freebie pulls with the gems you earn there.

That said, if you just want to make a decent team, I'd say going for Reeze Leader/Ciara/Bonnie/Mariudeth/filler would at least carry you through the lower end content.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Yah I don't think I've received any free gems at all outside of daily log in rewards or other places. None free in the mail like I get with PAD. Which is a shame. I hope they make a return.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

KataraniSword posted:

It still kind of pisses me off that I finally got a Shida right after I managed to get SBBs on the Ardin/Eve/Orna trio.

Oh well, they'll still see use this FH, since I can't get Shida to 6* and max his level and unlock SBB before it's over.

We have SHS for the next week. You have no excuse unless you have no honor to spend. :colbert:

(I have over 10k honor points :psyduck:)

Tequila posted:

http://dewey.zapto.org/index.php?id=zpc6AUJi

Altro's 7 star form is nice for his atk/def buff.
Selene's nice too for her damage/regen BB/SBB and angel idol effect when using Lexida.
Shida's good for ensuring you never lack for points in FH once you have his SBB unlocked.
Elimo's recently got a 7 star form that we'll probably see in a month or so, giving you time to get her ready for it. Said 7 star form can cover healing, damage mitigation, and status effect removal.
Dilma's nice for metal parade farming since he has a defense ignore effect on his BB.
Ciara's alright for her atk buffing but in the long run loses out to Altro.

I'm guessing you haven't pulled for a long time since your only new(ish) units are Ciara and Mariudeth. Katarani's suggestion would be good for you as far as a team goes, though you could also lean heavily on 7 star goon buddies to clear Trial 001 and Trial 002 to pick up Karl and Grahdens if you'd like. No idea if/when we'll ever get their 6 star forms though.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Evil Fluffy posted:

I've been running basically non-stop since with the double exp boost I can easily go infinite from levels.

I have 32,000 honor and no monsters to level up and no room to store the extra gods/kings/crystals I get from the honor summon machine.

Thursday when totems come around I'll be able to evolve all my dudes at once and dump the exp into them and make space and spend the rest of my honor hopefully.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Evil Fluffy posted:

We have SHS for the next week. You have no excuse unless you have no honor to spend. :colbert:

I have no honor to spend. :saddowns: Also I was stupid and used all my burst frogs from SHS and FH on people who are not Shida. (I'd say it was worth it, since I now have a dedicated focusfire team in Arus/Nemia/Lilith/Rickel/Maxwell) He's 5* at least now, though, just waiting for Thursday to evolve.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Agent355 posted:

I've been running basically non-stop since with the double exp boost I can easily go infinite from levels.

I have 32,000 honor and no monsters to level up and no room to store the extra gods/kings/crystals I get from the honor summon machine.

Thursday when totems come around I'll be able to evolve all my dudes at once and dump the exp into them and make space and spend the rest of my honor hopefully.

Sorry I missed a digit. I don't have just a bit over 10k honor I have over 100k with 515 honor summons I can do right now. :v:

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

well now I feel alot less special.

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer
thought I'd give this "Rowgen w/ stealth robe and guardian cloak can solo Zevaulha/maxwell" trick a try. so far it's working but I get a feeling it might take a solid hour

Pilkington
Nov 5, 2005

You see, the other raptors and I have constructed a crude suspension bridge to Venezuela
Anybody running a Rosetta lead for FH? I run Feeva lead right now and I''ve got a ton of Feeva friends, but I need some Rosetta leads for the spark buff. Add me, 150181819. Added myself to the new goon list as well.

Casual Friday
May 9, 2015

iTS HARD FOR ME TO MAKE A SONG THAT iSNT ABOUT MONEY, JEWELRY OR SKiNNY BUTTERSCOTCH BABES WiTH BASEBALL TiTS BECUZ THATS ALL i THiNK ABOUT

Pilkington posted:

Anybody running a Rosetta lead for FH? I run Feeva lead right now and I''ve got a ton of Feeva friends, but I need some Rosetta leads for the spark buff. Add me, 150181819. Added myself to the new goon list as well.

Sent you a request and put Rosetta up.

Pilkington
Nov 5, 2005

You see, the other raptors and I have constructed a crude suspension bridge to Venezuela
Got two requests, just added both!

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Game has started to behave oddly, somtimes when I enter battle it displays an error message and I just auto-win the battle with no loot but full exp.

It's eaten a evolution material run so far and a few other small things. Am I going to have to reinstall? Is there some way to keep my save or is it tied to my device like in PAD.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
^^^ Guess it's not a coincidence then ^^^

Anyone else getting errors when running metal parades? Every 2nd run either crashes the game and I log back in to a completed dungeon with no drops and 1000exp, or every encounter gives me an error box and auto-wins each round. Either way I'm out energy with no drops.

edit: Your facebook login is what your account is based on. If you're not using facebook then it's just tied to the device, and kinda risky.

nightwisher fucked around with this message at 05:55 on May 20, 2015

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Just finished getting my Arus to BB level 10 and I'm having a blast. There's just something so cathartic in seeing my Lilith and Arus tear holes though mobs in flashy anime laser fire.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

nightwisher posted:

Anyone else getting errors when running metal parades? Every 2nd run either crashes the game and I log back in to a completed dungeon with no drops and 1000exp, or every encounter gives me an error box and auto-wins each round. Either way I'm out energy with no drops.

edit: Your facebook login is what your account is based on. If you're not using facebook then it's just tied to the device, and kinda risky.

I have a facebook account I literally never use. I could probably tie it to my account but I'd hate for my poor dead account to be resurrected by randomly sending people "Agent355 needs your help to buy a metal kind' without me knowing it.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

Agent355 posted:

I have a facebook account I literally never use. I could probably tie it to my account but I'd hate for my poor dead account to be resurrected by randomly sending people "Agent355 needs your help to buy a metal kind' without me knowing it.

I've never had it do anything with the throwaway facebook account I made just for the game. Should be fine.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

nightwisher posted:

This poo poo was happening about a month and a half ago with pretty much all stages. Gumi said they fixed it; guess they broke it again.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Agent355 posted:

Game has started to behave oddly, somtimes when I enter battle it displays an error message and I just auto-win the battle with no loot but full exp.

Welp, should've checked on things. I haven't beaten Trial 5 yet so I thought I'd give another go before bed. Got in and instantly got a "Congratulations" message and won. Got the gem but no unit.

Hope I don't end up banned for some reason.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

Ratmtattat posted:

Welp, should've checked on things. I haven't beaten Trial 5 yet so I thought I'd give another go before bed. Got in and instantly got a "Congratulations" message and won. Got the gem but no unit.

Hope I don't end up banned for some reason.

In a twist of irony, because the trial was so late and the unit reward so lacking in the current meta, what would have been a big loving deal about losing the unit is instead just "ehh just hope i don't get banned" :v:

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Ninkobei posted:

thought I'd give this "Rowgen w/ stealth robe and guardian cloak can solo Zevaulha/maxwell" trick a try. so far it's working but I get a feeling it might take a solid hour

Did you manage to get this to work for Zevaulha? I left it alone after getting through on the third form before I must have died.

nfthree
Mar 5, 2007

Is there someplace to farm sphere frogs? I see people with multiple spheres much lower level than I, but I have yet to see even one. I'm also looking for a good place to farm imps.

What happened to that write up for Frontier Hunter? I did the last one but never made it past terminus. My units are a bit better this time so maybe I can get past that one. Is the idea to just keep doing the ones I can successfully complete to raise my rank?

Current arena team consists of:
Elza Lead 6* max SBB
Quaid 6* max SBB
Quaid 6* BB 3
Colt 6* SBB 4
Tora 6* BB 7

I have 6* Rigness BB 6 and Narza BB 4 available and swap according to difficulty. Just evolved Edea to 6* but she is still level one with BB 1.

http://dewey.zapto.org/index.php?id=88Rp1Sdm

Next to work getting to 6* will be Oulu, Shera, and Exvehl. Not necessarily in that order. Please advise. I tried Trial 001 a while back and almost completed it but then got trounced.

nfthree fucked around with this message at 15:11 on May 20, 2015

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

nfthree posted:

Is there someplace to farm sphere frogs? I see people with multiple spheres much lower level than I, but I have yet to see even one. I'm also looking for a good place to farm imps.

You can't farm sphere frogs, but keep playing and doing dailys and eventually you can earn enough points for more sphere frogs.

For imps, completing FH stages (end and terminus) will get you some, using Raid tokens can get you some, and sometimes on the very later quest stages can drop them randomly.

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice

nfthree posted:

Bonus areas in some of the quest stages give them. Frontier Hunter is a good place to get one every month. Can't remember if some of the trials give them or not. Also Super Honor Summon has a chance to get one. I've gotten a few from there.

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007
Whats the best spot to lario farm? Ive been doing narrow stairs and the People from the bush and not a single one has dropped. I am prolly just unlucky but if Im hitting the wrong places I should do something different.

Edit: Also I just found out about the Rowgen solo Maxwell thing.... Looks like I am doing that after work because I haven't been able to beat her yet.

lokipunk fucked around with this message at 16:43 on May 20, 2015

echofriendly
May 25, 2007

It don't mean butt
if it ain't got that jutt.

nfthree posted:

http://dewey.zapto.org/index.php?id=88Rp1Sdm

Next to work getting to 6* will be Oulu, Shera, and Exvehl. Not necessarily in that order. Please advise. I tried Trial 001 a while back and almost completed it but then got trounced.

Colt(lead), Arus, Shera, Rigness, Lily Matah + Tridon Friend = stomp Karl, Grah and Maxwell.

nfthree
Mar 5, 2007

echofriendly posted:

Colt(lead), Arus, Shera, Rigness, Lily Matah + Tridon Friend = stomp Karl, Grah and Maxwell.

Thanks! I'll get to work on levelling those units.

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Kegslayer posted:

Did you manage to get this to work for Zevaulha? I left it alone after getting through on the third form before I must have died.

Rowgen finished the first boss and most of the second before he died. Must have picked up too many health crystals. I auto'ed and left for a few minutes, didnt have time to micro manage his hp back . Then my A-squad came in and got him down to 20% before half of my team died to Endless. He healed 10% or some crap and started doing his random murder move twice in a turn and finished me off.

Not sure how to manage the mitigation/bb lead - I was using two mitigators and still had turns where BB drain would sap just enough for me to not have enough to mitigate.

Setset fucked around with this message at 00:10 on May 21, 2015

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Too many drat burst frogs in this level up reward event. I can't use them until whatever I have hits it's final form so now I have like 20+ of the fuckers filling up my limited F2P unit space.

I just wish it was thursday so I could go get some totems and evolve all these guys who have been max level since last friday.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Just need a water totem to make 7* colt and I'd farm the last water stage for one (like I did last night to make 6* colt) but I still need 1 more fire bulb so I can evolve cyclops and then take ultor from 4* to 6* and I only have 4 metal mimics for Colt/Kanon/Ultor and probably someone else so I want at least one more of them.

I'd try to get bulba sor Ciara or Semira but that's not happening without some help. The 1 fire and 2 (of 3) miracle bulbs I got today were on the same run and I've done 9 or 10 so far. I had nearly forgotten how terrible bulb/pot/idol collecting was.

Current priority for evolutions:
Colt to 7* (from 6*)
Kanon to 7* (from 5*)
Ultor to 6* (from 4*)
Semira to 6* (from 4*)
Ciara to 6* (from 4*)
Bonnie to 6* (from 4*)
Elimo(a) to 6* (from 3*) for eventual 7* in place of my current 6* guardian elimo
Shera to 6* (from 4*)
...and probably random poo poo like extra megas and Kadajs since higher rarity = more credit from the achievement store if/when we get it.

The Halloween and Easter units probably won't get evolved this week because bulbs are jerks and there's no way I'll get the bulbs and mimics today without insane luck and burning gems.

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer
I've had pretty ridiculous luck getting bulbs today, not sure what the deal is. Two water bulbs in one run then two shadow bulbs in another. Altogether about 7 bulbs in maybe 9 runs

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Ninkobei posted:

I've had pretty ridiculous luck getting bulbs today, not sure what the deal is. Two water bulbs in one run then two shadow bulbs in another. Altogether about 7 bulbs in maybe 9 runs

gently caress you I've spent like 200 energy in the vain hope of getting a second one for Semira! t('_'t)

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Meanwhile, the grind for metal mimics is as soulcrushing as always. :negative:

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

me posted:

Frontier Hunter is a once a month event with 4 increasingly difficult dungeons and a scoring mechanic. You are awarded points for doing damage, and at the end of each round you are awarded bonus points for fulfilling certain critera (e.g use no items, one or three turn KO's) and based on your performance (number of sparks, total damage dealt, elemental weakness attacks, overkill damage etc).

The key to doing well in FH is leveraging these bonuses to amass a gigantic score by building a squad designed specifically to do 3 things: Sparking, element buffing and high hit counts. Something that may not be apparent at first is that actual damage output is fairly low on your priority list for an FH team. This is because you'll be throwing around BBs and SBBs to spark like crazy and you actually want enemies to survive until turn 3, since the 3-Turn-Knockout bonus is close to the One-Turn-Knockout in point value and the extra 2 turns allows you to squeeze as many hits/sparks/ele.weak attack in to really boost the bonus points. Turn 3 ideally should be all enemies at <10%HP and a team with full BB gauges to maximize the overkill bonus.

This little list shows you how the bonus points for meeting certain criteria works:

quote:

ESTEEM POINTS + FRONTIER SERVICE

The following actions result in more Esteem Points (Terminus values).

Attack bonus (total damage/25).
BB kills (3,000 per kill).
Multi-kills (10,000 per kill).
No items used (20,000).
Overkills (200 per hit)
Sparks (50 per proc).
Weak element attacks (50 per hit).
1st turn kills (50,000)
3rd turn kills (30,000).
Victory Bonus (10,000 per battle).
Survival Bonus (50,000).

In short: Don't let anyone die, don't use items unless you absolutely have to, kill everyone on the third turn, spark as often as possible, and do as much overkill damage as possible. This is how you maximise your score.

There's a number of teams you can build to achieve this, some more gimmicky than others, however they all still operate on the same principles of maximising spark/ele.buff/hit counts, just in different ways. What your team should be comprised of, roughly, is:
  • A BB generation leader - You want a leader who pumps your ability to spam BB/SBB - Rosetta/Feeva/Lario/Zelnite etc. Rosetta is probably best in slot, with a 30-hit BB and 20-hit SBB that boosts spark damage, and a LS that generates 1-2BC per spark for allies. Feeva is a solid choice and probably better for Terminus but it's debatable. Zelnite and Lario are if you don't have Rosetta or Feeva.
  • BB/Spark buffer friend leader - Once again, Rosetta/Feeva/Lario/Zelnite are among the top choices. Ideally choose one who you don't currently have as leader, two lario leaders are less effective than a lario and rosetta leader.
  • Element buffer - Someone who adds elements to allies' attacks. Shida is the absolute best in slot for this, giving every element buff on his SBB, with a 25 hit BB to sweeten the deal. Alternatives are Sola+Madia. If you can't buff for every element, then try something like a Fiora/Eve or Orna/Lucca to cover 4 elements. Quaid is another alternative.
  • Lario - Only semi-joking here. Lario is probably the most valuable unit to bring to Frontier Hunter. He buffs BC drops and hits 40 loving times on his SBB, and all the hits are nicely spaced so it sparks with just about anything. There's a reason FH is also known as Lario Frontier. Bring 2 if you have them. Failing that, you want someone with high hitcount BB/SBB but preferrably with not much else in terms of effects or damage increases.
  • Mitigator - Not necessary for anything less than Terminus, but mandatory otherwise. Shera/Darvanshel are the preferred choice as they do damage on their BB/SBB, but Narza/Oulu with do fine otherwise. If you're not running Terminus, use this slot to fill any gaps in your squad (maybe another high hit count BB/SBB unit, or a spark buffer etc).
The current meta team that can pull 2mil+ points in Terminus is Rosetta/Feeva Leader/Friend, Lario, Lario, Shera and Shida. You can swap out the second Lario for anything really, just make sure it has a good BB/SBB. I used the Marauder item set for the Fujins. My general actions per round were:

First Round:
Turn 1 = Fujin on Shida, Lario, Lario and Feeva. Shida SBB > Feeva SBB > Lario SBB > Lario SBB > rest attack as normal. Don't use Rosetta's SBB yet - spark damage boost will kill them too quickly.
Turn 2 = Shida BB > Shera SBB > Feeva SBB > Lario SBB > Lario SBB > Rosetta BB.
Turn 3 = Use Atk Pot on party (always on turn 3, never earlier), Shida BB > Shera SBB > Feeva SBB > Lario SBB > Lario SBB > Rosetta SBB.

Second to Fifth round is the same except obviously no Fujins (and no Atk potions unless you're forced to use a pure elixir during a round due to paralysis/curse, if you have to use one then may as well use an attack potion to boost your turn 3 damage). Remember that Rosetta's SBB should only be used on turn 3, the damage buff is too strong otherwise. Round Six is a bit different, but mostly the same - Turn 1 is the same, but on Turn 2 when she summons help you focus on the newly summoned unit. This way, by turn 3 Tia will be on low health and her first summon will be around 1/3rd HP. Use turn 3's attack order on the new summon and everything should die all at once.

Gonna stick this in the OP, it's a bit barebones but hopefully it gives a better idea of what you actually want to be doing in Frontier Hunter.

nightwisher fucked around with this message at 02:08 on May 21, 2015

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

KataraniSword posted:

I saved all my metal gods from the SHS specifically so I could run MP to grab ghosts/kings and make metal mimics, because the grind is REAL. Plus I needed 10 of them.

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice
Gumi was really cool to put Lario as a drop in Changing The World. I've pulled about 8 over the course of grinding it and was able to max 2 anima versions. First time I've had 2 during Frontier Hunter and I have the units to make the "meta" team mentioned above. Will probably pull +4 at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

KataraniSword posted:

I got 3 in less than 10 runs of level 2 today which was nice (i made 2 yesterday as well). Tomorrow I just have to grab a water totem and evolve Colt then pick up 3-4 miracle totems, 3+ thunder, 3 fire...

Only need to grab a thunder mech god on Friday for Kanon and then I'll be able to run Colt/Claire/Kanon with probably Lucca and Darvanshell for general purpose murder. Raids can be Kanon leading Selene/Darvanshell/Lilly/Lucca probably. I know for RC4-5 in Japan Kanon was extremely popular as a leader because the hp+def LS plus his def from his skill was enough for teams to survive some otherwise brutally murderous attacks.

• Locked thread