Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

Evil Fluffy posted:

I got 3 in less than 10 runs of level 2 today which was nice (i made 2 yesterday as well). Tomorrow I just have to grab a water totem and evolve Colt then pick up 3-4 miracle totems, 3+ thunder, 3 fire...

Only need to grab a thunder mech god on Friday for Kanon and then I'll be able to run Colt/Claire/Kanon with probably Lucca and Darvanshell for general purpose murder. Raids can be Kanon leading Selene/Darvanshell/Lilly/Lucca probably. I know for RC4-5 in Japan Kanon was extremely popular as a leader because the hp+def LS plus his def from his skill was enough for teams to survive some otherwise brutally murderous attacks.

I quite liked using Diana with her UBB for the RC3 stuff, you don't need the beefiness of Kanon as a leader and it's nice to have full SBB every turn regardless. Are you the person on my friend list running a near-max Claire? If you are, my Colt leader says thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Ninkobei posted:

Rowgen finished the first boss and most of the second before he died. Must have picked up too many health crystals. I auto'ed and left for a few minutes, didnt have time to micro manage his hp back . Then my A-squad came in and got him down to 20% before half of my team died to Endless. He healed 10% or some crap and started doing his random murder move twice in a turn and finished me off.

Not sure how to manage the mitigation/bb lead - I was using two mitigators and still had turns where BB drain would sap just enough for me to not have enough to mitigate.

I just managed to finish it using mostly autobattle. Aside from having to keep Rowgen's HP below 35%, the boss also did a massive AOE on Stage 3 while at around 40% that broke through my def. Luckily I had an Angel buff beforehand so I managed to catch it in time, stop auto battle and eat a pot before auto battling him to success.

Team was

Ultor (Leader) - Bravest Sphere
Rowgen - Guardian Cloak + Stealth Robe
Kanon (Think I used yours)

Whole process took about 50 mins.

So long as you have a status null leader and about an hour, you can probably clear every trial but X2 since you won't be able to burn past the heal.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

nightwisher posted:

I quite liked using Diana with her UBB for the RC3 stuff, you don't need the beefiness of Kanon as a leader and it's nice to have full SBB every turn regardless. Are you the person on my friend list running a near-max Claire? If you are, my Colt leader says thanks.

Yeah that's my Claire. It'll be replaced with Colt once I have him at level 120 though.

Gonna be nice once their extra skill is in and they each get +30% to stats for being in the same party. Especially since I'll be able to have a Malice Jewel on both of them for another 30% to stats. Colt's gonna do some nice damage with a Geldnite axe as his 2nd sphere. :getin:

I expect to see your Colt as a 6* form tomorrow and then his 7* form not long after. :colbert:

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
If you're running an Anima Rowgen and Kanon leader, you can use cures to help keep your HP at optimal levels. Cures only heal REC + 500 HP, which would be <2000 for anima rowgen and with a Kanon Leader and 30%HP sphere, he's be sitting above 10k max HP. Could be useful if your Rowgen just isn't healing enough to counteract the slow chipping damage.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

nightwisher posted:

If you're running an Anima Rowgen and Kanon leader, you can use cures to help keep your HP at optimal levels. Cures only heal REC + 500 HP, which would be <2000 for anima rowgen and with a Kanon Leader and 30%HP sphere, he's be sitting above 10k max HP. Could be useful if your Rowgen just isn't healing enough to counteract the slow chipping damage.

My Colt is already 7* :v: maybe you're thinking of someone else, I haven't set Colt as my leader outside of a few fights. Soon though. Sooooooon.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Oh, yeah it's Agent who has the 5* Colt.

Too many Colt leader buddies. :v:

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Do I actually get any fun stuff for completing all the Easter dungeons, or should I not really bother?

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

TARDISman posted:

Do I actually get any fun stuff for completing all the Easter dungeons, or should I not really bother?

When it was first released a few months back, they gifted everyone a Lilium which was a once-only crafting material for a sphere you could create with materials farmed from the Easter Dungeon.

Of course, if you created your account after this, you don't get a Lilium. So no, there's no point running the dungeon unless you want to farm miracle drops for crescent dews (good luck actually making any though).

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

nightwisher posted:

When it was first released a few months back, they gifted everyone a Lilium which was a once-only crafting material for a sphere you could create with materials farmed from the Easter Dungeon.

Of course, if you created your account after this, you don't get a Lilium. So no, there's no point running the dungeon unless you want to farm miracle drops for crescent dews (good luck actually making any though).

Lame, back to Fourfold Pillar I guess. Still have 18 levels to go before the end of double XP.

echofriendly
May 25, 2007

It don't mean butt
if it ain't got that jutt.
you get the lillium for beating the last level IIRC.

http://bravefrontierglobal.wikia.com/wiki/Easter:Dungeon

sphere stats
10% BB gauge fill rate, 10% reduction for BB & 10% chance to inflict the status ailments

echofriendly fucked around with this message at 03:48 on May 21, 2015

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice
It's a pretty lame sphere if I recall anyway. Like worse than sacred jewel.

Edit: Woah I must have missed that sphere. I was thinking of Burny's Soul Stone.

E2: Oh nevermind. Now I realize it's Paskuan Weapon Enhancer. I have that one, it's a good sphere to get if you can.

Trebek fucked around with this message at 03:59 on May 21, 2015

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Evil Fluffy posted:

Oh, yeah it's Agent who has the 5* Colt.

Too many Colt leader buddies. :v:

Just need a dang totem. I was really hoping the honor summon might spit one out but it didn't happen.

echofriendly
May 25, 2007

It don't mean butt
if it ain't got that jutt.

Agent355 posted:

Just need a dang totem. I was really hoping the honor summon might spit one out but it didn't happen.

Thursday for normal totems and i think friday for mech totems

OP should probably have the daily events in it, if it doesn't already.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
I'M ONLY HUMAN, GEEZ

No worries, I'll write up the daily events and put them in.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
Who should I start dumping my stat up imps into?

I've got a few good options, Kanon, Tazer, Ultor, Rosetta, Darvanshel.

My inventory is getting totally overloaded so I need to finally decide who to use all these imps I've been stockpiling.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
I'm dumping all my frogs into Colt so I can show him off fully maxed someday.

Actually answering your question, Kanon would be a good candidate. He's going to be around for quite awhile in the meta and benefits a lot from the increased HP and defense. Maybe save your attack imps for something more worthwhile, he's still a good choice though.

~

Daily dungeon and event info is in the OP now. Slowly getting closer and closer to the character limit.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Mischalaniouse posted:

Who should I start dumping my stat up imps into?

I've got a few good options, Kanon, Tazer, Ultor, Rosetta, Darvanshel.

My inventory is getting totally overloaded so I need to finally decide who to use all these imps I've been stockpiling.

The first unit I ever imped was my anima Darvanshel and he's been a bulwark for months as a result. Dandelga and Evil Shard Magic Ore Demon Core gives him even more durability and helps make sure his BB gauge fills as often as possible.

That was 4-5 months ago though. Kanon's probably a good recipent. Rosetta maybe since investing in her is a good way to ensure you pull a Raja when his batch comes out, making Rosetta obsolete.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
I just freed up 10 spots on my friends list, if anyone wasn't able to add me before.

Damegane
May 7, 2013
When you want a miracle bulb, you get none of them. When you want an elemental bulb, you get 10 miracle bulbs. That's fine, luck of the draw and all, but while Alim's slowly phasing out nymphs, spirits, idols and bat mimics as evolution materials to have everything new evolve on pots, totems, dragon and metal mimics, mech gods and legend stones, here comes Gumi to add even more worthless evo materials like bulbs, loving tones and SBS captures that they only open the dungeons for when the winds blow the right way, and now going full retard and making their global exclusive 7* evo mats separate raid boss drops, all while still using the full spectrum of standard evo materials in the global exclusive evolutions.

Dammit Gumi.

TARDISman posted:

Lame, back to Fourfold Pillar I guess. Still have 18 levels to go before the end of double XP.

If you can auto it, you should probably push on through the quest areas since everything after Lizeria gives more XP/energy than Fourfold Pillar, and most of them have double XP on now as well.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

loving finally got my last fire bulb. It's worse than running idols used to be a year ago since Idols at least showed up on every stage and one always dropped from the boss, unlike bulbs where you can and often do, get jack poo poo from the boss fight. Gonna go see if I can get another metal mimic before bed and then tomorrow it's totem murder time.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
Well, I did over 200 Super Honor Summons, no Sphere Frog. :smith:

All the Thunder Crystals I got though should catapult Kanon to max level though once I figure out how to beat the Mecha God for his evo.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Damegane posted:

When you want a miracle bulb, you get none of them. When you want an elemental bulb, you get 10 miracle bulbs. That's fine, luck of the draw and all, but while Alim's slowly phasing out nymphs, spirits, idols and bat mimics as evolution materials to have everything new evolve on pots, totems, dragon and metal mimics, mech gods and legend stones, here comes Gumi to add even more worthless evo materials like bulbs, loving tones and SBS captures that they only open the dungeons for when the winds blow the right way, and now going full retard and making their global exclusive 7* evo mats separate raid boss drops, all while still using the full spectrum of standard evo materials in the global exclusive evolutions.

Dammit Gumi.

If you can auto it, you should probably push on through the quest areas since everything after Lizeria gives more XP/energy than Fourfold Pillar, and most of them have double XP on now as well.

I'll probably do that over the weekend since I'm still in Palmyna in the story.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Mischalaniouse posted:

Well, I did over 200 Super Honor Summons, no Sphere Frog. :smith:

All the Thunder Crystals I got though should catapult Kanon to max level though once I figure out how to beat the Mecha God for his evo.

Sphere Frogs are rare but not cripplingly so; you get one for beating every Bonus dungeon after... I want to say Palmyna's? They're the red-texted areas that show up after you fully clear a region. Past that, you get them as a prize each Frontier Hunter (usually the top Esteem prize for either Hard or Medium), as well as getting a few as BP milestones or level up campaign rewards.

If Gumi ever loving fixes the BP store, they'll probably be there, too. As it is, I'm sure glad I can get nothing except elemental buff items :argh:

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

KataraniSword posted:

Sphere Frogs are rare but not cripplingly so; you get one for beating every Bonus dungeon after... I want to say Palmyna's? They're the red-texted areas that show up after you fully clear a region. Past that, you get them as a prize each Frontier Hunter (usually the top Esteem prize for either Hard or Medium), as well as getting a few as BP milestones or level up campaign rewards.

If Gumi ever loving fixes the BP store, they'll probably be there, too. As it is, I'm sure glad I can get nothing except elemental buff items :argh:

I love the selection on offer.

Ultra cheap, basically worthless items? Check

Incredibly expensive valuable items? Check

Anything at all between these two extremes? *crickets chirping*

nfthree
Mar 5, 2007

This is just what I was looking for!

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

nfthree posted:

This is just what I was looking for!

Glad to hear :)

I should write up more about it, there's some alternate team compositions and auto-battle capable teams that could use an explanation. Gotta fill that OP.

edit: haha everyone on reddit is going nuts over the data for daily challenges tomorrow because they contain ACHIEVEMENT STORE challenges. Nothing will happen and they'll eat each other. Why would gumi release something that would surely get the servers flooded and crashed during Frontier Hunter anything is possible with Gumi.

nightwisher fucked around with this message at 15:11 on May 21, 2015

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

nightwisher posted:

edit: haha everyone on reddit is going nuts over the data for daily challenges tomorrow because they contain ACHIEVEMENT STORE challenges. Nothing will happen and they'll eat each other. Why would gumi release something that would surely get the servers flooded and crashed during Frontier Hunter anything is possible with Gumi.

It's been removed. Probably a mistake.

Casual Friday
May 9, 2015

iTS HARD FOR ME TO MAKE A SONG THAT iSNT ABOUT MONEY, JEWELRY OR SKiNNY BUTTERSCOTCH BABES WiTH BASEBALL TiTS BECUZ THATS ALL i THiNK ABOUT
Any help with Green Menace? Here is what I'm working with:

7* units maxed: Alpha, Colt, Kanon, Feeva (all with 2 spheres)

6* units I have, most are maxed: Arus, Ultor, Mariduth, Arius, Rigness, Dilma, Zelnite, Rosetta, Fei & Fang, Shera, Maxwell, Eva, Elza, Kuda, Luka, Fiora, Elimo, Cardes

5* units I could try to max: Kira, Magress, Zedus, Narza

Keep getting wiped by Gravion even with mitigation and guarding. Last team I tried was Rosetta lead, Shera, Ultor, Colt, Alpha and Rosetta friend.

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!
Frontier Hunter note. I've been getting the Turn 3 Kill bonus to points when killing on Turn 2. I don't think this is the way it used to be, but it certainly makes it easier than trying to hold back on Turn 2.

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice

Casual Friday posted:

Any help with Green Menace?

My grain of salt advice, or how I did it:

Rosetta lead
Fiora for fire buff to all allies, also adds thunder to help get Rickel out quicker
Ultor for taunt, use idols on him to absorb Lugina's otk attacks, re-idol him as needed
Shera for mitigation, Narza might be better here, but I used Shera even though he is very brittle in this trial
Rigness for status removal, kanon will probably be too weak here, and rigness can at least heal from time to time
Rosetta buddy

To get through Gravion: What I did was target Farvil (sp?) to start the fight. The goal is to build up SBB gauges without taking Gravion below 70%. Then when you are ready take Gravion from above 70% to below 50%. Then another onslaught to hopefully wipe him completely. You can just Fujin yolo this part but I found myself needing Fujins later in key moments.

The rest of the fight is pretty straight forward, idol Ultor as needed to absorb the scripted "someone gotta die now" parts. Zelnite will show up eventually and start zapping BB gauges. This is where I think it gets very RNG. If he zaps Shera you will probably get wiped (this is where having the Fujin's late helps). Even doing all this I still had to finish the Trial with 2nd mono fire team made of whatever my best fire units were. I think Lugina only had 5% health and Zelnite was left. Zelnite is harmless though once Lugina is gone.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Gerdalti posted:

Frontier Hunter note. I've been getting the Turn 3 Kill bonus to points when killing on Turn 2. I don't think this is the way it used to be, but it certainly makes it easier than trying to hold back on Turn 2.

It's been this way for as long as I can remember. The turn 3 bonus is 3 turns or less basically.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005
So I unlocked sbb on my 6* Hogar and now he won't fire his regular bb in the arena. Insists on charging the sbb.
Is there a way to turn off the sbb just for arena? He is a pretty good 2 turn bb dude, but his sbb takes too long.
Plus I like saying "Get em, Hogar!"

Black Huntress
Oct 8, 2001

Do I have any vague hope of being able to beat Terminus? Everything I've tried thus far has gotten smashed on the first level. About half of them are from the last rate up, so I've only been able to level/evolve with SHS stuff, but do have SBBs on all the 6 stars but Rosetta (8/10).

http://dewey.zapto.org/index.php?id=VibfbhN6

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Ultor and Colt are max leveled now and Colt's slowly eating the non-defense imps I get from honor summons while leveling others. Just need another thunder totem for Kanon's 6* form.

Colt's rocking the Blighted Seal and Geldnite Axe for maximum :black101:

(probably going to replace Blighted with a Malice or Buffer sphere eventually)

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Got my 6* colt today, thats when I realized that I didn't get enough pots/idols/bulbs to evolve anybody else in my main squad. OH WELL.

It's fine though, I'll pick up the totems for them today, evolve some of my B-team for shiggles and evolve the rest of the idiots on tuesday/wednesday.

How hard is friday's mecha totems? The only thing I'm missing for 7* colt is a mecha water totem (and a dragon mimic but w/e), it'd be nice to get him maxed out and spend some of these drat burst frogs.

Coincidentally I have just enough team cost to evolve each of my main squad once and hit the cost cap exactly. of course I'll probably get another 20 levels over the weekend with this double exp grind stuff going on, but thats just the icing on the cake.

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007

Gerdalti posted:

You still want to hold back somewhat on Turn 2 to maximize Overkill bonus on Turn 3. You'll get more points that way compared to just killing everything on Turn 2. It requires a little bit of finesse on knowing which units you want to trigger their BB, SBB, regular attack, or guard on Turn 2 to make sure all the enemies have relatively same, and extremely low, HP values.

Meydey posted:

Is there a way to turn off the sbb just for arena?

Sadly, no. That's why some people will leave their Arena Units at BB9.

Agent355 posted:

How hard is friday's mecha totems?

A full team of 6* with a 7* friend can grind mecha totems just fine. You will need a mitigator. Burst healer and BB generator helps quite a bit as well. People claim Anima Selena 7* with Lexida and Virtue Stone and solo some of the totems. Same with an Anima Feeva 7*. I personally wouldn't risk 70 energy to solo something. To each their own.

Poala Bear fucked around with this message at 22:06 on May 21, 2015

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Newbie's guide to acquiring mech gods:

1. Do you have Grahdens? If not, use 7 star buddies to clear trial 001 and 002.
2. Do you have max leveled 7* feeva buddies? Is one of them fully imped? Use them or the msot heavily imped one that also has a malice jewel and whatever secondardy (Malice/Heresey is probably ideal)
3. Set Grahdens as your leader.
4. Set the aforementioned Feeva as your buddy leader unless you're running the light mech god dungeon, in which case replace Feeva with Selene.
5. Enter dungeon.
6. Proceed through dungeon, let everyone except Feeva die once you're at the mech god. Toss her cures if necessary (it shouldn't be). With her SBB buff up she'll be able to recover 10k+ HP a turn from HC pickups.

A heavily imped Feeva with a Malice Jewel + Grahdens' LS boost should be enough to solo mech gods but the more HP the safer it is. If she's only got 10-11k HP you will likely need to manually control her and BB every 3 rounds for her atk/def buff. The ideal Feeva combo of anima type + Malice (or Buffer) Jewel + Heresey/Ihsir + Grahdens LS will probably be 13-14k HP, maybe more, and shouldn't die barring some insanely bad luck, like the mech god attacking with their hardest hitting aoe 4x in a single round and critting on all 4 attacks. If you're running the dark mech god then just your grahdens' LS alone will probably be enough to ensure the Feeva buddy never dies. The main thing is wanting to have your Feeva buddy with as much HP/def as possible to help minimize the risk of a one turn KO from full HP due to crits. If in doubt, manually control Feeva to keep her BB's buffs up rather than letting her fire off her SBB every turn via auto battle.

A Feeva buddy with the guardian cloak might be event safer since once she's down in the defense boosting range her defense is going to go through the roof.

e: If you have a leveled up 6* team you should still probably take a Feeva buddy just because of the crazy BC generation and BB refill boost she provides to help ensure you can pop a damage mitigation BB every turn.

There's nothing stopping a new player from getting mech gods as soon as they have enough stamina to run the dungeons though. There has to be at least one goon with a fully imped anima feeva (or Selene). Tazer with Leomurg might work too since he should fully heal every round while doing his auto-fill SBB nuking.

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 22:23 on May 21, 2015

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

So my team of 6* colt and 4* everything else will just have to cool their jets then. Good to know. 7* colt will just have to wait a week or two.

FraudulentEconomics
Oct 14, 2007

Pst...

Agent355 posted:

So my team of 6* colt and 4* everything else will just have to cool their jets then. Good to know. 7* colt will just have to wait a week or two.

Well if colt isn't thunder... why can't you find a selena friend? Hell I'll throw mine up. Let me know your friend code.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
Apparently if you bring Vargas to Terminus and fight Tia, she goes loving batshit crazy once she hits 50% and nukes him and specifically him to hell. She REALLY doesnt like him.

edit: next FH has Shida have the same thing happen to him via Themis. Ruh roh.

nightwisher fucked around with this message at 00:05 on May 22, 2015

• Locked thread