Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
I just used an samsung android phone for the first time in years and its faster than my iphone 4s with failos 8. failos8 is so loving slow that even android is faster. the android was so much faster and had no input lag unlike the iphone 4s with failos 8 which has input lag. even starting the phone in failos 8 takes like 5 seconds cause its made by the hack jonny ives instead of someone who knows what they are doing.

apple made an os so bad that android is better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
if steve jobs was alive and not dead he would probably be really upset about being beat by someone elses Linux, but hes dead so he cant care or know about anything

computer toucher
Jan 8, 2012

show me on the doll where the bad steve touched you

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I’d make eye contact with him and fart. I did it all the time for like two years. I didn’t even know his full name, just heard that his coworkers thought he was a nut for complaining about “the guy who would fart on me in the break room”
I agree. The iPhone 6 Plus and the iWatch signal the end of Apple. rip.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
when I first got the iphone 4s it was plenty fast with no input lag. then failos 7 and 8 added ugly colors and icons and input lag. I don't know why they did this.

Apr 7, 2003

I’d make eye contact with him and fart. I did it all the time for like two years. I didn’t even know his full name, just heard that his coworkers thought he was a nut for complaining about “the guy who would fart on me in the break room”
Tim Cook has managed to do what Microsoft or Samsung never could: He made Apple irrelevant.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
its like that scene in last nights episode of silicon valley where they put a bad os onto a previously working phone. its stupid and everything about it sucks. its Apple Maps™ Bad

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

what samsung was it

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
idk. it just said Samsung.

Apr 7, 2003

tfw you watch a beloved cultural icon get run into the ground. #firetim

computer toucher
Jan 8, 2012

*meanwhile in the real world Apple makes record sales and is the biggest tech company ever*

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
yes they make a lot of money selling slow and bad products. its pretty incredible

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Shaggar posted:

yes they make a lot of money selling slow and bad products. its pretty incredible

wish yur posts would get sold into slavery lol

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

computer toucher posted:

*meanwhile in the real world Apple makes record sales and is the biggest tech company ever*

apple users are inherently slow themselves and hence dont notice the lovely slow and fail of the products they buy

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Captain Foo posted:

wish yur posts would get sold into slavery lol

that doesn't make any sense

Apr 7, 2003

RIP Steve. You died, and with you died your dream of elegant, functional products that Just Work.

Seamonster
Apr 30, 2007

IMMER SIEGREICH
touchwiz is bad and you should feel bad

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
idk what that is

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
congratulations on your conversion to android. please pick up your fedora as you exit

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

Yup. Apple is on deathwatch. Sell your stock

to me

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
People used to make fun of android for having too many settings which was confusing to users, but now iOS has a huge number of settings with no meaningful hierarchy or search.

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

hold out for a few more months, goog is gonna make a 2015 nexus 5 to follow in the footsteps of the best phone, the original nexus 5

Apr 7, 2003

Tim Cook was clearly the wrong choice. The board of directors needs to act to minimize the damage.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

hire scott forstall, let everyone who hates him walk

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
forstall was fired for trying to prevent apple from releasing a bad product so now the floodgates are open

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
that's funny op because my apple iphone 4s is still on ios 5 and has incredible speed, design and functionality

i recommend not upgrading to ios 6, 7, or 8

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
tim is definitely ftw and taking apple to higher values every day

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

why aren't you use a microsoft windows phone 7 8 8.1 8.1 update one mobile 9 x 10 phone, shaggar?

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Stymie posted:

that's funny op because my apple iphone 4s is still on ios 5 and has incredible speed, design and functionality

i recommend not upgrading to ios 6, 7, or 8

yes. I was tricked into "upgrading" by the hack jonny ives. I wish I had never upgraded the os.

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

why aren't you use a microsoft windows phone 7 8 8.1 8.1 update one mobile 9 x 10 phone, shaggar?

ill probably get one when tim flips the switch to kill the battery in my 4s.

Apr 7, 2003

Shaggar posted:

yes. I was tricked into "upgrading" by the hack jonny ives. I wish I had never upgraded the os.

The new OS is a real piece of poo poo.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
I wonder if I could install windows 10: internet of things edition on to the 4s. that would be a much better operating system.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Lmao if you give a poo poo about phones in the least bit. what are you a loving call center worker

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
iphone 5s just suited my needs

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

shaggar please use an anroid from 2011 and report back with your findings

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

qirex posted:

shaggar please use an anroid from 2011 and report back with your findings

lol like it would be possible to run the latest android on it

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
apple released failos 7 + 8 for the iphone 4s cause they wanted to get the checkbox on that chart w/ the os support timelines but the 4s is not actually capable of running failos

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
the biggest problem is probably that the 4s has like 256mb of ram which apple failtards defended at the time because they're really loving stupid.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Beeftweeter posted:

lol like it would be possible to run the latest android on it

it doesn't even matter which OS it has on it it will guaranteed by worse than a 4s and the battery will probably be even worse as well

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

Shaggar posted:

the biggest problem is probably that the 4s has like 256mb of ram which apple failtards defended at the time because they're really loving stupid.

it has 512 mb. the 5 has 1 gb and works fine with ios 8

time to upgrade shaggar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
yeah, upgrade to windows phone. ios is severely bad and im guessing it doesn't work on the iphone huge either.

• Locked thread